Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. (1005 Views)

Which Bank Has The Most Reliable Atm Machine? / Intercontinental Bank Has Become Useless / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. by plappville(f): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2008
Is it normal to invest 250k in purchasing an equity trust fund from the IBTC chatered bank, after 1 year of the investment u decided to tarminate it for an argent reason, and the bank could only give u back 185k telling u that the global credit crunch affected the nigeria economic, and that they could not help giving more than 185k, i see myself to be a big loser, i ve lost 65k of my own money, no profit i don't understand this is hapening to me
Re: Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. by Angolobabe(f): 9:51am On Dec 02, 2008
thats very sad, im sure this will affect me too sad i dont understand whenever i put my hand on something thats when problems occurs,although i have no plans in touching it for a very longtime but i will contact my stock broker to verify this.
Re: Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. by plappville(f): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2008
@ firsty: I didn't have the chioce to refused the money, becos i needed i needed it urgently and the fund was already tarminated befor they told me how much it was, the stock broker knew i needed my money despirately, the way and manner she behaved befor she gave me the money was really suspicious but then i could say anything to her because i am not in the country to find out the trust. all thesame it's a lesson for me i say goodbye to IBTC investment stuffs and all that they are thiefs. sad sad
Re: Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. by Obalende: 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2008
anything they say must be backed up.

its not enough for them to just say it verbally.

You must seek a press release or other official statement from the bank stating what EXACTLY affected the equity fund holders. if not, please seek further action by writing to senior staff (maybe the guy just wanted to have a field day with ur money).
Re: Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. by JeopardE(m): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2008
LOL.

Investments involve RISK. I guess you did not read the fine print when you bought the fund. You assumed that it could only go up.

You can cry from now till kingdom come, your money isn't going to come back. The IBTC funds are correlated to market performance, and the Nigerian market has lost nearly 48% year to date. You should be thankful you only lost 65k.

Nigerians amuse me. Whenever they lose money, it must be because somebody is trying to play 419.
Re: Ibtc Chatered Bank Has Killed Me Ooooo. by jaybee3(m): 7:16am On Sep 23, 2009
and even more thankful that you bailed out before the current ongoing bank saga.
lucky gal cool

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows It? About Goldkobo.com / Having Problem Opening Alertpay Account Please Help / Sending Items From Uk To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.