Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? (7300 Views)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Why Didnt Jesus Teach Anything New / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 2:19am On Dec 02, 2014
ayoku777:
Why did He make sin require remission? Why shouldn't a simple "I forgive you" be enough? Why did he make blood the tool of remission? Why not water or sweat? Why must that blood be shed on a cross? Why can't it be shed on a comfortable bed? Why this? Why that?

You might as well ask? Why did Microsoft call itself that? Why not Softmicro? Why didn't Apple Corp call itself Melon Corp?

Why do we have to press "Control V" to paste? Why don't we just have a "paste" button on the keyboard? Why is the space bar so long? Why are the Keyboards not arrange alphabetically? Why this? Why that?

I think a creator should be allowed to determine his protocol and have His reasons (from a big picture we may not immediately understand, much less appreciate).

Especially if we can trust He loves us and has our good at heart

If you don't believe in the book He uses to show us those protocols and rationalize some of those reasons to us. Then I can't fully help you.

so i should trust a creator that craves for blood because its his so called protocol? i thought he was all good. . even humans that are termed the sinners like xtianity does, do not have such blood lust...
ok whats worse, in order to stop the protocol he did the unthinkable by murdering his son instead of just stopping it.
nawa ooo ... humans are curious beings and we have every right to question everything.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by ayoku777(m): 2:31am On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

so i should trust a creator that craves for blood because its his so called protocol? i thought he was all good. . even humans that are termed the sinners like xtianity does, do not have such blood lust...
ok whats worse, in order to stop the protocol he did the unthinkable by murdering his son instead of just stopping it.
nawa ooo ... humans are curious beings and we have every right to question everything.

That makes sense. Curiousity is a gift from God. Infact, its part of how we even get to know Him more.

Problem is, why do you always love to ask your fellow man your deepest questions about God?

No man can satisfactorily answer your heart's question about God. We can only try. We are asking Him or own deep questions too, even as christians. And He's helping us, one issue at a time.

If these questions matter so much to you, why don't you develop a relationship with God, and take your yearnings to Him? And He will help you by His Spirit.

Unless you don't believe in God; and your query and accusation of His ways is just a pretence to mask your unbelief in His existence.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 2:35am On Dec 02, 2014
ayoku777:

That makes sense. Curiousity is a gift from God. Infact, its part of how we even get to know Him more.

Problem is, why do you always love to ask your fellow man your deepest questions about God?

No man can satisfactorily answer your heart's question about God. We can only try. We are asking Him or own deep questions too, even as christians. And He's helping us, one issue at a time.

If these questions matter so much to you, why don't you develop a relationship with God, and take your yearnings to Him? And He will help you by His Spirit.

lmao... am sure u that is filled to the brim with holy ask similar questions too... am still wondering why u dont have the answers yet or dont the holy spirit teach u d stuffs??
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 02, 2014
ayoku777:

Its for two reasons I think:

1: There is a difference between pardon and remission.

Sin is divided into Cause (The act of disobedience), Consequence (guilt or sorrow or pain) and Condemnation (death)

Pardon only waves the act of disobedience; it doesn't wave the resultant sorrow and pain or the eventual death.

You told your child not to plat outside after dark, he disobeys you and got bitten by a snake. You may pardon his disobedience, but he is still in pain and will still die if nothing is done.

God pardoned the sin of the children of Israel in the wilderness, but that generation still all perished in that wilderness. Because pardon isn't remission.

Numbers 14v20-23 -And the Lord said, I have pardoned according to thy word: But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord.

Because all those men, which have seen my glory.... And have tempted me now these ten times...

Surely they shall not see the which I swear unto their fathers.

Pardon didn't remove consequence (not see the land) or condemnation (perishing in the wilderness).

God also pardoned David, for adultery with Bathsheba and the death of Uriah, but the child still died, and Absalom (his son) still slept with all the concubines of David (which was the curse of the sin)

Pardon doesn't remove the consequence and the condemnation of the sin. Only remission does. And remission is ONLY BY THE SHEDDING OF (sinless) BLOOD.

Jesus, the Son of the living God is the only one that could bring remission for our sins (cause, consequence and condemnation); through His death.

2: The second reason Jesus had to die, I think is because forgiveness doesn't make us new creation.

Jesus had to die and resurrect, to become the first begotten from the dead and the firstborn of the new creation.

So that those who put their faith in His death and resurrection, can become new creation too.

His death brought remission, His resurrection brought the new creation. So a christian is more than just a forgiven sinner, he is a new creation.

A mere pardon couldn't have given man remission much less made us new creation. Only death and resurrection could pull that off.

I hope this helps a little.
Don't I just love this answer? God bless you bro.
johnydon22:

why must God murder his son so that he can be able to forgive mankind... a simple question.
(i.e: he is all loving, all good, all merciful and all powerful)
Because sin and death came into the world through one man. And redemption and eternal life also was brought to the world through one man. Some things are mysteries to the human mind, things only God can understand, because He's the all-knowing God. You might also want to ask why God allowed Adam to disobey Him in the first place, and why He allowed satan to have a convincing and sweet way of luring people. So many mysteries surround our mere existence, and only Him can solve the puzzles.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 2:49am On Dec 02, 2014
MzPreshie:
Don't I just love this answer? God bless you bro. Because sin and death came into the world through one man. And redemption and eternal life also was brought to the world through one man. Some things are mysteries to the human mind, things only God can understand, because He's the all-knowing God. You might also want to ask why God allowed Adam to disobey Him in the first place, and why He allowed satan to have a convincing and sweet way of luring people. So many mysteries surround our mere existence, and only Him can solve the puzzles.

there another one goes again with sin came in through one man and will go through one man forgetting the question stated.. why must that one man be killed?? ... am certain adam wasnt murdered to bring in sin, so why do God feel the need to murder his son before he can bring redemption and eternal life to men when he could easily do it with requiring blood sacrifice from anybody talkmore his own son...
so God sent his son jesus, so that his son will sacrifice himself to him (God) before he can Forgive humans... wow nice story. God used his son to offer sacrifice to himself... lmao.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by ayoku777(m): 3:43am On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

lmao... am sure u that is filled to the brim with holy ask similar questions too... am still wondering why u dont have the answers yet or dont the holy spirit teach u d stuffs??

I'm a christian and I'm filled with the Holy Spirit; but being filled with the Holy Spirit doesn't automatically make you know all about God. Its still relative to your maturity and fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and obedience to His leading.

If being filled with the Spirit automatically makes you know all about God; scripture won't ask us to GROW in grace and in KNOWLEDGE.

And ofcourse, I've asked Him many things He has answered; and many He hasn't answered. The quest and the adventure of the pursuit of God is part of the beauty of a close walk with Him

I don't have answers to all your questions, and I'm not suppose to - I'm not God. That why a true servant of God is one who leads men to God, not one who tries to play God in people's lives.

But you can take your questions to God yourself. You don't owe your spirituality and knowledge of God to someone else; you can and should know Him for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by ayoku777(m): 3:44am On Dec 02, 2014
MzPreshie:
Don't I just love this answer? God bless you bro.

Thanks. God bless you too.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by luckychosen: 5:52am On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

it still boils down to the question... why cant God just forgive humans without demanding any sacrifice or without ultimately bashing his son as the ultimate sacrifice

without the shading of blood there is no remission of sin
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2014
luckychosen:

without the shading of blood there is no remission of sin

lol that same question i am asking... must he have a blood sacrifice before he can forgive and grant remission. . . so God must sacrifice his son to himself before he can grant humans remission... wow am loving it
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

lol that same question i am asking... must he have a blood sacrifice before he can forgive and grant remission. . . so God must sacrifice his son to himself before he can grant humans remission... wow am loving it

Bros, when God himself declared that he changes not, what do you think he was saying? I'm not trying to defend God but I always try to look at him based on what he said about his person. Let's look at it this way:- you have your attributes or characteristics as a human being. Your creator also has his attributes and characteristics as God. Those attributes/characteristics of him are unchangeable hence what you are asking about must go the way it did. It just has to go in line with his attributes/characteristics. It may not sound pleasing to human ears but God will always operate in accordance with his person. That's the way I look at it.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by mmsen: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2014
A good fairy tale needs to be mesmerizing - forgiveness would not be as entertaining to read about as wholesale slaughter.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

Bros, when God himself declared that he changes not, what do you think he was saying? I'm not trying to defend God but I always try to look at him based on what he said about his person. Let's look at it this way:- you have your attributes or characteristics as a human being. Your creator also has his attributes and characteristics as God. Those attributes/characteristics of him are unchangeable hence what you are asking about must go the way it did. It just has to go in line with his attributes/characteristics. It may not sound pleasing to human ears but God will always operate in accordance with his person. That's the way I look at it.

ok now i get it God's characteristics also includes demanding for blood before he can grant remission for sin... ok good one... he is all good and all loving indeed
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 11:58am On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

ok now i get it God's characteristics also includes demanding for blood before he can grant remission for sin... ok good one... he is all good and all loving indeed

As hard as it may sound bro, that's the truth. Hebrews 9:22 says it. Also If there was a better alternative, God wouldn't have sacrificed Jesus.

johnydon22:

.ok good one... he is all good and all loving indeed

Are you sure what you said here is in the bible?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by hercules07: 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

You are asking the wrong questions, the question should be, why the heck do I care what Adam did, I am not related to him and I do not believe he is my ancestor, the stories in the bible are mostly fables garnished with some truths.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
hercules07:

You are asking the wrong questions, the question should be, why the heck do I care what Adam did, I am not related to him and I do not believe he is my ancestor, the stories in the bible are mostly fables garnished with some truths.

Says who?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Religionsection(f): 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hebrews 9:22
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

As hard as it may sound bro, that's the truth. Hebrews 9:22 says it. Also If there was a better alternative, God wouldn't have sacrificed Jesus.

Are you sure what you said here is in the bible?

so if God had another alternative hw wouldnt have sacrificed jesus... hmmm and i even thought he was all powerful. . .

you are asking whether what i said is in the bible, are you by any chance trying to tell me he is not all good and all loving...
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

so if God had another alternative hw wouldnt have sacrificed jesus... hmmm and i even thought he was all powerful. . .

I said no better alternative. Jesus was the highest and best sacrifice for our sins. He gave us the best. Hebrews 10;4 "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats will take away sins".

johnydon22:

you are asking whether what i said is in the bible, are you by any chance trying to tell me he is not all good and all loving...

I asked because i ve not seen where he said he is all good and all loving but i ve seen where he said that he created evil and good. I have seen where he talked about his wrath, his love. His mercy etc. I ve also seen where we are told to give thanks in everything. But if you have seen where he said he is all good then let me know. Learning is a continuous process.

Job 2:10 says

shall we receive good [/b]at the hand of God, and shall we not receive [b]evil?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Weah96: 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
MzNelly:

Man could no longer communicate with God.

News flash, I'm still unable to contact this God fella. Maybe I need to get a long distance plan.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by honourhim: 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
MzNelly:

I advice you avoid people who come here to ask foolish questions or make foolish statements. Answer the Op as much as you can and ignore noise makers that will want to distract you from the issues at hand.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by dhope: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
OP. i think d right answer to ur question is that HE is just God and HE did dt because HE is God and HE is unquestionable. HE choosed to use His only son to redeem us frm sin and nobody can question Him on that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
honourhim:

I said no better alternative. Jesus was the highest and best sacrifice for our sins. He gave us the best. Hebrews 10;4 "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats will take away sins".[
/quote]
it still boils down to my question must he demand for blood even to the extent of sacrificing his own son to himself so that his blood lust can be sated..!!! their was a better alternative which is just forgive and grant remission.. simple.

[quote author=honourhim post=28530874]I asked because i ve not seen where he said he is all good and all loving but i ve seen where he said that he created evil and good. I have seen where he talked about his wrath, his love. His mercy etc. I ve also seen where we are told to give thanks in everything. But if you have seen where he said he is all good then let me know. Learning is a continuous process.

Job 2:10 says

shall we receive good [/b]at the hand of God, and shall we not receive [b]evil?
so i make out to say that you mean God is not all good and all merciful... then why worship a being that claim to be holy but still yet not all good... if you say he is not all good then he is not holy, if you say he is not all merciful, then whats the point in all this shiii... no let other christians catch u saying God is not all holy and merciful... lmao cheesy grin
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Weah96: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
dhope:
OP. i think d right answer to ur question is that HE is just God and HE did dt because HE is God and HE is unquestionable. HE choosed to use His only son to redeem us frm sin and nobody can question Him on that.

And the basis for ignoring your common sense is an old book of Jewish myth, right?

Someone found a book, you read the book, and suddenly the contents of the book cannot be subjected to scrutiny from human beings.

This is unprecedented, to say the least.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
dhope:

yes he is God and unquestionable... but why couldnt he just forgive the sins of mankind without demanding his sons murder... thats the question.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by An2elect2(f): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
dhope:

This!!!
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by An2elect2(f): 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

yes he is God and unquestionable... but why couldnt he just forgive the sins of mankind without demanding his sons murder... thats the question.

That's how He wants it to be. Are you pleased now?
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Onyegecha(f): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
MzNelly:
It wasn't about forgiving mankind. Jesus was the mediator between God and us. He loved us so much he sent his son to die for us.

You have not answered the question.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by johnydon22(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
An2elect2:

That's how He wants it to be. Are you pleased now?

hahahahahaha abeg o na question i ask oo... cheesy
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by An2elect2(f): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnydon22:

hahahahahaha abeg o na question i ask oo... cheesy

lol na answer u dey receive na.

You are not comfortable with the way God runs this world however as it pleases Him, then you are stepping on that stumbling block that was prepared by God himself....

Anyway, its good that you are asking questions, something that most self professed Christians would not do even though they know nothing about God or even the faith they hold claim to. And trust me, most do not truly believe.

I pray God grants you eyes to see and ears to hear.
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by dhope: 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
Weah96:

And the basis for ignoring your common sense is an old book of Jewish myth, right?

Someone found a book, you read the book, and suddenly the contents of the book cannot be subjected to scrutiny from human beings.

This is unprecedented, to say the least.
u cud hav expressed ur mind regarding ur belief wit civility. nothing stop u frm using ur common sense to reply OP using d book u believe rather than calling one an old book of jewish myth. mtcheww..
Re: Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? by Weah96: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
dhope:

u cud hav expressed ur mind regarding ur belief wit civility. nothing stop u frm using ur common sense to reply OP using d book u believe rather than calling one an old book of jewish myth. mtcheww..

I apologize if I sounded rude, but the truth has NO agenda.

The bible is a book of myths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God's Moral Law / She Saw Women of God in Hell - Adelaida de Carrillo / Do You Still Attend House Fellowship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.