Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Why Mode Nine Is Broke - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Mode Nine Is Broke (5598 Views)

“i’m Not Hungry But I’m Not Very Comfortable” – Mode Nine / DOWNLOAD: Vector - The Truth (mode Nine Diss) / Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Mode Nine Is Broke by simonseez: 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2008
Decided i was going to use this weekend to find Mode 9 new CD, walked round ikeja, in stores where i could normally walk up and get a dbanj,tuface cd days after release and i could not find a mode cd to buy,

thats why he is broke, finally got one from a friend who bought it from the island and ripped it to my system, had to listen to it at work so u burnt a copy on my empty cd, my colleague who likes mode to and cant find the cd, lent it from me and copied it on his laptop and has given the cd out again, sincerely, i wish i could stop him but i couldnt,

U see, mode might make good music but would remain broke if he doesnt get his distribution right, he has lost money from 3 people now.

1 Like

Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by javalove(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2008
i agree wiv u.
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by dabreeze(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2008
Hmmm! well said. It aint Nigel Benn's fault tho'. Itz Tjoe's.
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by javalove(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2008
dabreeze:

i also agree wiv u
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by chasisgirl(f): 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2008
hmm. i was just about to start this topic,
i wanted to listen to track no 22 ruggedman''s coup de detat! with all the hype this nairaland boys create
no wonder he is broke
my friend in nigerian says the album is not even in lagos go slow /traffic !
SAUCEKID'S MIXTAPE WAS ON THE STREETS THE VERY FIRST DAY HE RELEASED IT, AND MODE9 SAYS HE IS INTELLIGENT .NO WONDER HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN BROKE !

@simon creez
thats a creative topic right there. i hope modenine's friends will drag him to nairaland to see this !he needs to be advised !
i hope he takes the advice cuzz i heard he is strong headed , i wont judge until i meet him in person , no wonder he is broke !henhen
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by javalove(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
chasisgirl:

@simon creez
thats a creative topic right there. i hope modenine's friends will drag him to nairaland to see this !he needs to be advised !
i hope he takes the advice cuzz i heard he is strong headed , i wont judge until i meet him in person , no wonder he is broke !henhen

Hater oshi!!!
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by skingo(m): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2008
modenine has zero marketing power and the marketers knw it. if ruggedman capitalizes and makesa brand new album within the next 3 weeks and promotes it, you'll see tjoes and obaino rushing to work with ruggedman because they know he has attention. the supposed greatest hiphop artist ever from nigeria dropped an album and no one can find it. but he faithfully drops by online to tell you to look forward to it.

online marketing is poor, and physical marketing is even weirder. to think of it i have not see any advertisement on tv for this album.

enough about this guy already. i just sit back and laugh.
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by javalove(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2008
skingo:

modenine has zero marketing power and the marketers knw it. if ruggedman capitalizes and makesa brand new album within the next 3 weeks and promotes it, you'll see tjoes and obaino rushing to work with ruggedman because they know he has attention. the supposed greatest hiphop artist ever from nigeria dropped an album and no one can find it. but he faithfully drops by online to tell you to look forward to it.

online marketing is poor, and physical marketing is even weirder. to think of it i have not see any advertisement on tv for this album.

enough about this guy already. i just sit back and laugh.

weda u sit back or lean forward, na u know. all i know is dat he's berra dan d fake idiot u v been promoting since u joined nairaland.
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2008
Where the hell is Tosin when u need him, i need for him to break all this down for moi, it sounds like Greek to me, grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by skingo(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2008
modenine is broke because his fans cannot support him. he is also broke because he has zero marketing power. he is also broke because he's given us all he has and theres nothing new to look forward to so it doesnt work well for business.

let me see, he is also broke because the kind of music he makes does not generate any income. he is broke because his music doesnot get product placement, he is broke because there is not enough capital going into promoting his work. he is also broke because all he is doing is capitalizing off what ruggedman is doing. kind of like diverting attention from ruggedman to him. the dilemna is that those who listen to rugged and are die hard rugged fans will not switch to modenine or even they cant understand and relate with his metaphorical out of space type shit.lol ( got that from ruggedy baba)

modenine is also broke because he does music like it was done in the 80s when he grew up. the generation listening to music today does not listen to that crap. perfect example ice tee vs soulja boi.

although ice t was very respected and is a multi million dollar man from movies and music etc he still got his ass served by soulja boi because the music fans relate with the new, fresh. although( soulja boi is not hiphop)

this is a prime example. in other word. modenine you are washed and ur career is headed down the drain and another reason why modenine is broke is because the day he decides to retire from the game, there's no business ventures available to him readily.

i dont have to like or hate you modenine to be able to point out these defects in ur system. time will tell. obviously u are not doing a couple things the right way.
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2008
@ Skingo

Erm thanks for the ballad embarassed kiss
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by skingo(m): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2008
by the way, while we ae on the topic of originality, i checked out modenines myspace just now and to my surprise. its there. ogirinality UNOFFICIAL rmx.
all ill do is laff. i didnt have to post the video of faze denying him. he put it there as unofficial. anyways. i think i know modenine well enough to tell you one or two things about him. he's a fake guy. blow to your face
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by tmoney11(m): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2008
Make God help Mode 9
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by tosinadeda: 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2008
dabreeze:

wuts my freaking bizness wih that?
na dat one i wan dey play for my stereo abi
nonsense and jagbajantis grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2008
Tosinnnnnnnnnnnnn how far kiss
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by tosinadeda: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2008
am just cool jare grin
make i put all this mothafuckers in there places grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by AfrknKngs(m): 12:02am On Dec 02, 2008
Yeah! Like I did u? grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by tosinadeda: 12:06am On Dec 02, 2008
AfrknKngs:

Yeah! Like I did u? grin

person dey talk
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 12:10am On Dec 02, 2008
smurf:

Tosinnnnnnnnnnnnn how far kiss

Abeg dont mine them jare, they sound like theyve been sniffing blunts all day long, cheap ones too grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by tosinadeda: 12:13am On Dec 02, 2008
smurf:

Abeg don't mine them jare, they sound like theyve been sniffing blunts all day long, cheap ones too grin grin grin grin grin

sup dearie
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 12:13am On Dec 02, 2008
I missed u oh tongue
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by tosinadeda: 12:14am On Dec 02, 2008
am here now grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by AfrknKngs(m): 12:15am On Dec 02, 2008
smurf:

Abeg don't mine them jare, they sound like theyve been sniffing blunts all day long, cheap ones too grin grin grin grin grin
4 u to even say that, u must be a crack head!
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 12:15am On Dec 02, 2008
I see that kiss, oya trash all these other retards  grin grin grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by tosinadeda: 12:16am On Dec 02, 2008
AfrknKngs:

for you to even say that, u must be a crack head!

smurf u see this one only comes online to reply my posts grin
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 12:17am On Dec 02, 2008
AfrknKngs:

for you to even say that, u must be a crack head!

heheheheheh not really grin grin but i know one on the web when i see one, like ur high on cheap powder self kiss
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 12:18am On Dec 02, 2008
tosinadeda:

smurf u see this one only comes online to reply my posts grin

I see he needs help, cos he's a pshyco, go to rehab, kiss
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by AfrknKngs(m): 12:37am On Dec 02, 2008
awww. . . I feel sorry for u! Like seriously cry by lookin @ ur profile i'm like, how could I even diss this gurl! Nah. . . it must be tosin! he has something to do with this! so u all good! U're exempt form my wrath!
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 12:40am On Dec 02, 2008
AfrknKngs:

awww. . . I feel sorry for u! Like seriously cry by lookin @ ur profile i'm like, how could I even diss this gurl! Nah. . . it must be tosin! he has something to do with this! so u all good! U're exempt form my wrath!

Thanks for being nice kiss
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by AfrknKngs(m): 12:41am On Dec 02, 2008
U welcome princess wink
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by MrCrackles(m): 12:43am On Dec 02, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

See as guys dey gather around my girl SMURFY!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Why Mode Nine Is Broke by smurf(f): 12:44am On Dec 02, 2008
AfrknKngs:

U welcome princess wink

haaaa, LOLZ, u are such a charmer oh, im beginning to like u already, kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VIDEO: Master KG – Waya Waya Ft. Team Mosha / Naijarock "nepa Bring The Light" What Do You Think? / Who Knows The Pussycat Dolls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.