Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? (4289 Views)

Pure Water Is Now 20 Naira / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / No More 20 Naira: New Pay 4 Federal Workers, Military & Police ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Adminisher: 9:01am On Dec 03, 2014
PROUDIGBO:

^^^I for one have given up on this country; a country where some celebrate mass murderers just b'cos the victims were the very people they despise!

Many pretending we have one 'united and indivisible' country need to wake up to the reality starring them in the face!

Nigeria actually does not need Ibos. You guys can take a hike if you want to keep dragging out mistakes of your past and blame others for it. A group of young revolutionaries do a coup and kill only leaders from a particular region, what infantile and unrealistic thinking makes you not to expect maximum retribution?. Post coup and unifying actions were expected from the hapless Ironsi but that one too degraded into closeminded parochialism. You think you don't get punished for lack of wisdom?. You guys can go... i don't think your region within Nigeria is viable though and the people are not capable of self sacrificing and cooperative relationships with each other. So with all their disadvantages in education and technology, the north is actually more viable than the east.
Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by nationwide1(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2014
Boss13:
^^^^^ You must be very young not to realised that Murtala Mohammed was actually loved by many when he was Head Of State and when he died, there was riots all over the country.

The problem is that we have been unable to put out our history for younger generations.
He was loved but op has stated facts that are historically incontestable. What do you have to say about op's allegations against this well loved general?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Phame: 9:18am On Dec 03, 2014
Boss13:
^^^^^ You must be very young not to realised that Murtala Mohammed was actually loved by many when he was Head Of State and when he died, there was riots all over the country.

The problem is that we have been unable to put out our history for younger generations.
help me teach that kid called zendy that history he was not taught.
Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Ojiofor: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2014
Adminisher:
Murtala Muhammad was Nigeria's best leader. A real transformative character. Extremely courageous almost to the point of foolhardiness. Corruption free. Drove about without convoys, spiritual, ascetic and self sacrificing. Sometimes full of braggadocio, active, visionary.
The best foreign policy Nigeria ever had was under Muhammad. The liberation of South Africa and Zimbabwe and MPLA's victory in Angola were the doings of Muhammad.
You may not have been alive at the time but take it from me that Nigeria was not always a dirty, corrupt, cesspool governed by a corrupt, clueless and visionless coward.
He achieved all this just in six months?he must be a superman.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Phame: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2014
Adminisher:

Nigeria actually does not need Ibos. You guys can take a hike if you want to keep dragging out mistakes of your past and blame others for it. A group of young revolutionaries do a coup and kill only leaders from a particular region, what infantile and unrealistic thinking makes you not to expect maximum retribution?. Post coup and unifying actions were expected from the hapless Ironsi but that one too degraded into closeminded parochialism. You think you don't get punished for lack of wisdom?. You guys can go... i don't think your region within Nigeria is viable though and the people are not capable of self sacrificing and cooperative relationships with each other. So with all their disadvantages in education and technology, the north is actually more viable than the east.
Gbam!

May God bless ur wife.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Bimpe29: 9:49am On Dec 03, 2014
citizenY:

Why bother, @zendy &co should not put "muri" in their pockets if it gives them nightmares and let us move on with our lives. That is not too difficult.
Abi ooo!
Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2014
Adminisher:

^^^You see exactly what i'm talking about! This remorseless bastards post that i'm quoting is typical of that insane self-destructive diet of hate towards Igbos fed by individuals from certain parts of this country; it's this more than anything else that has kept this country in the doldrums, as it prevents a clear, realistic and unbiased introspection of problems that have beleaguered us as a country!

@OP: You say Nigeria does not need Igbos abi?......You could have fooled me! How comes then that you scum fought a war that broke all rules of engagement in war know to man just to be able to keep calling Igbos your fellow countrymen!?

You claim it's Igbos past 'mistakes' that led to the subsequent massacres, pogroms, war crimes and marginalization that was visited on us......even the massacres that happened in the 50s? So you're saying that all this was done to punish Igbos?......I'm just trying to understand you better! If i'm correct, you're saying that all this was 'maximum retribution' for Nzeogwu and co killing leaders from other ethnicities while they left Igbo leaders alone?

These are your exact words, being your justification for the uncivil war and all that happened.....just listen to yourself: "Post coup and unifying actions were expected from the hapless Ironsi but that one too degraded into closeminded parochialism. You think you don't get punished for lack of wisdom?" Yet again, you're saying any perceived 'mistakes' committed by one Igbo son are enough justification for the wickedness that went on pre and during the civil war, as well as the marginalization that continued well after it right up to the coming of President Jonathan! Fellow 'countryman' i hail oh! I suppose you'd want Ndigbo to emulate say the Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani who are all epitomes of virtue; whose peoples and elite haven't put a foot wrong since the beginning of time, and hence haven't faced the very wickedness and evil you claim Ndigbo deserve!?

What makes you say Alaigbo isn't economically viable....and when you talk of Igboland, just where and where are you talking of!?

I hope everyone can now see part of the reason why this country has zero value for human life? When you don't address or you condone injustice done to your neighbour just because you hate him, it's very likely you could be next.....and this is what is presently playing out in this 'mere geographical expression' called Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Adminisher: 11:20am On Dec 03, 2014
Ojiofor:
He achieved all this just in six months?he must be a superman.

He actually was. There was nothing this guy did that wad ordinary. Obj, Danjuma, Buhari IBB and David Mark.are still alive. Go ask them about who their boss was? Also try playing a clip of Muhammed addressing the OAU or UN General Assembly and campare with the current president. You will realize, you are either born with it or not. Charisma cannot be forced.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
I remember when this same topic was raised a few years back and nairaland went suddenly quiet. Nigerians are funny people. Nothing about this country makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Lucy001(f): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lol becos he is an Icon.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by truefact: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Adminisher:

I wonder why other tribes seems to hate the Igbos, yet none of them have deemed it worthwhile to start campaigning for the expulsion of Igbo from Nigeria. ..don't you think it would be good for the Yoruba and Hausa to start campaigning and propaganding for expulsion of Igbos from Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Ojiofor: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Adminisher:

He actually was. There was nothing this guy did that wad ordinary. Obj, Danjuma, Buhari IBB and David Mark.are still alive. Go ask them about who their boss was? Also try playing a clip of Muhammed addressing the OAU or UN General Assembly and campare with the current president. You will realize, you are either born with it or not. Charisma cannot be forced.
Spare me all that! You can't make a great leader in just six months.if he had lived,he won't had been better than the rest of them
Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by ak47mann(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
NAIJASOM:
I remember when this same topic was raised a few years back and nairaland went suddenly quiet. Nigerians are funny people. Nothing about this country makes sense.
cool

1 Like

Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by Adminisher: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
truefact:

I wonder why other tribes seems to hate the Igbos, yet none of them have deemed it worthwhile to start campaigning for the expulsion of Igbo from Nigeria. ..don't you think it would be good for the Yoruba and Hausa to start campaigning and propaganding for expulsion of Igbos from Nigeria?

There is too much selfishness and self absorption. Who loves such people?. You experiment it and go around thinking only of yourself throughout an entire day and come and tell me how the day went. There is an infantile way of thinking and acting in the public domain that annoys other tribes and turns people off Ibos. You guys behave as if other interests don't exist and then react in surprise when very very violent reaction results from that attitude. In any case you guys are good traders and you can continue doing that, the sector is cabalistic as well and no other tribes seem able to break into wherever you guys operate. By the way, your problem is not the north alone. I jave it on good authority that the Ijaw, Akwa Ibom and Mid western tribes as well cannot stay in the same republic peacefully and would do everything to resist that. So if you guys are breaking away, you are on your own.
Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by T8ksy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
Op, would you rather have ojukwu- the cross dressing, chest- beating orangutan's face on our 20 naira note, instead.?
Re: Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? by zendy: 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
T8ksy:
Op, would you rather have ojukwu- the cross dressing, chest- beating orangutan's face on our 20 naira note, instead.?

Mutala or Murutala (I've heard him referred to as either) being on the 20 Naira note has nothing to do with Ojukwu,in fact,if you read the Biography of Ojukwu called "Emeka" you would come across a section where Ojukwu actually saved Mutala from being dismissed from the army. This thread is meant to ask why a man like Mutala should have a place of honour on the 20 Naira note even though everybody knows he was a mass murderer. I think it is a national disgrace that a man who committed all the atrocities he did should be commended in death. I guess that's Nigeria for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Wike Of Rivers State Turns Muslim / South-west Women Declare Support For Root Olawepo-hashim / Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.