Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Social Media Marketing, Getting Small Businesses Noticed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Social Media Marketing, Getting Small Businesses Noticed (694 Views)

13,000 Small Businesses Applied For N10bn BOILoans / Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria / Social Media Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Marketing, Getting Small Businesses Noticed by dianah(f): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2014
I was talking to an event planner in Benin the capital of my home state, Edo , and I realised that as good as she was at planning/organising events she had no idea the opportunities she was missing out by not being social media savvy. The importance of social media marketing was totally alien to her till we had a chat and I demonstrated what It could do for her business, and the vast networking potentials.

With my mobile phone in hand , and a shocked Debby (the event planner) beside me I searched for Make-up artists, photographers, caterers and Deejays to help put together a wedding and of course she was nowhere to be found online.

I explained to her that on my last trip to London, I had literarily organised a wedding here in Lagos, Nigeria using my laptop and mobile phone. It was a long distance event planning marathon session.

All I had to do was search for the right people, using the right keywords, and the targeted event location and voila! I had an array of people to chose from. Make-up, caterers,wine supply, wedding cakes, aso-ebi etc.

So, if you are a small business owner, and you are not making use of social media to market your goods/services, it makes me wonder if you have any plans for growth.

Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn these are all free to set up unless you decide on a premium deal that comes with some fee, so why not make the most of these opportunities? Even my mum is on watsapp, so whats stopping you?

If you can not find your way around it on your own, get someone who can because social media marketing is worth its weight in gold.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Marketing, Getting Small Businesses Noticed by AlphaCEO: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
dianah:
I was talking to an event planner in Benin the capital of my home state, Edo , and I realised that as good as she was at planning/organising events she had no idea the opportunities she was missing out by not being social media savvy. The importance of social media marketing was totally alien to her till we had a chat and I demonstrated what It could do for her business, and the vast networking potentials.

With my mobile phone in hand , and a shocked Debby (the event planner) beside me I searched for Make-up artists, photographers, caterers and Deejays to help put together a wedding and of course she was nowhere to be found online.

I explained to her that on my last trip to London, I had literarily organised a wedding here in Lagos, Nigeria using my laptop and mobile phone. It was a long distance event planning marathon session.

All I had to do was search for the right people, using the right keywords, and the targeted event location and voila! I had an array of people to chose from. Make-up, caterers,wine supply, wedding cakes, aso-ebi etc.

So, if you are a small business owner, and you are not making use of social media to market your goods/services, it makes me wonder if you have any plans for growth.

Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn these are all free to set up unless you decide on a premium deal that comes with some fee, so why not make the most of these opportunities? Even my mum is on watsapp, so whats stopping you?

If you can not find your way around it on your own, get someone who can because social media marketing is worth its weight in gold.
Very apt... even as of 2021!

(1) (Reply)

Transcribe Your Audio Messages To Word Documents / Advice Please !!!!! / Internet Coverage Slows As States Obstruct Fibre Rollout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.