Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T (745 Views)

Yaya Toure Insults CAF Player Of The Year Award. / The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / 2014 CAF African Women's Championship - Namibia 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan claims he deserves to be crowned 2014 CAF Player of the Year

Posted: Tuesday, 2nd December 20141 comment so far - add yours!
Asamoah Gyan
Asamoah Gyan
Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan believes he has done enough to win the 2014 African Footballer of the Year award.
The UAE-based striker made CAF’s five-man short for the award which includes holder Yaya Toure, Nigeria duo Vincent Enyeama Ahmed Musa.
Also contesting the prestigious award is Borussia Dortmund star and Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Gyan had a successful 2014 campaign after netting two goals at the World Cup finals in Brazil to become Africa’s top scorer in the history of the tournament with six goals and overtook Cameroon legend Roger Milla.
Gyan also won the UAE Arabian Gulf League goal king and the Asian Champions League top scorer award as well as the best foreign player in Asia.
The former Sunderland striker, who came close to winning the 2010 edition, believes he is the frontrunner for the accolade.
“Every football fan in Africa knows how I have done my best for my country and my club. I qualified Ghana as a captain to a third consecutive World Cup and now the top scorer at a World Cup and have won everything with Al-Ain and therefore with the support from my countrymen and the coaches on the continent this prize can’t elude me,” Gyan told Accra-based Joy FM.
Gyan’s fate will be decided by votes from the head coaches and technical directors of the national associations affiliated to CAF.
The 2014 CAF awards will be held on Thursday, 08 January, 2015 in Lagos, Nigeria.

See more here http:///X9a0az
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by redcliff: 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
He shouldnt even have been on the 5 man list.. SMH
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by omar22(m): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Someone should tell him that smoking is not for everyone
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
The only African player who scores in every world cup that he attended. In my opinion, he deserves it.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2014

The only African player who scores in every world cup that he attended. In my opinion, he deserves it.

He's one good footballer though
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by bingbagbo(m): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2014

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by Krasid(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
He does not deserve anything.He should play in a better league.
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Who dash monkey banana?
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:33am On Dec 03, 2014
The goals he scored at the World Cup was accumulated over years. This award is for 2014 performance.

Yaya Toure scored the goal of the Capital one Super Cup in the final game and still had an assist. Yaya was phenomenal in Man City's triumph. He scored loads of goals that led to Man City winning the EPL.

How this man feels that he deserves it over Yaya is baffling.
Re: Ghana Captain Asamoah Gyan Claims He Deserves To Be Crowned 2014 CAF Player Of T by omar22(m): 7:18am On Dec 03, 2014

Gabby Battistuta scored in all the world cups he played didnt mean he should be up for the Ballon d' Or

I cant take a player who bottled the challenge of the EPL and run to play in the middle east serious.

He failed where the likes of Drogba, Adebayour, Kanute, Bonny etc have succeeded Even Eto in his creeky old age is pulling his weight, Gyan oh please

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Now, Who's The Best Between Them? / Bet Tips: Athletico Madrid Vs Real Madrid / See The Tatoo A Aston Villa Fan Got Hoping They Will Win The F. A Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.