Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,301 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (38194 Views)

Dele Momodu Likens GEJ Fate Afta March To Lautent Gbagbo Of Ivory Coast Case / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan / Soyinka Condemns Jonathan’s ‘impunity’, Likens President To ‘nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
Aigbofa:

His name is Wole Soyinka, not Archangel Michael. I'm sure you will like to see him in a cape like the superman flying to all the trouble spots in Nigeria. But, he is only a man. He is doing what he can, what have you done? What is Jonathan doing? What are the people you elected to lead you doing?

How swiftly you run to Soyinka's defence. You rightly said that Soyinka "is only a man", perhaps it failed your knowledge that Johnathan is also just a man. As much as u praised Soyinka's excellence, it would only be fair if you acknowledged johnathan's good side, for it would be wrong to say that Johnathan has absolutely nothing good about him as your post suggests. Sadly, by your post here, you have given yourslf out as biased and partial in your judgement. "Remove first the rafter in your own eyes before you see clearly how to extract the straw in your brothers eyes", let that principle found @ Matthew 7:5 guide you in future comments and endeavour.

Note: I am neither a fan of Johnathan nor a supporter of Soyinka. I am just a neutral observer.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
joeboy03:

How swiftly you run to Soyinka's defence. You rightly said that Soyinka "is only a man", perhaps it failed your knowledge that Johnathan is also just a man. As much as u praised Soyinka's excellence, it would only be fair if you acknowledged johnathan's good side, for it would be wrong to say that Johnathan has absolutely nothing good about him as your post suggests. Sadly, by your post here, you have given yourslf out as biased and partial in your judgement. "Remove first the rafter in your own eyes before you see clearly how to extract the straw in your brothers eyes", let that principle found @ Matthew 7:5 guide you in future comments and endeavour.

Note: I am neither a fan of Johnathan nor a supporter of Soyinka. I am just a neutral observer.

Soyinka is not the president of Nigeria. He is a citizen like you and I. Soyinka doesn't have any state powers to effect change like Jonathan.
Jonathan is the only guy who can order the police to seal off the national assembly, you and I and the professor doesn't have such powers.
And I have never called Jonathan a bad man, just a very incompetent president.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Where was it written that the President is beyond reproach?. The highest form of patriotism is to criticize your government . You have to be here to see the kind of names people call Obama . Nothing wrong in critisising a leadership that is turning the country upside down. The only thing the leadership is good for is monumental corruption and unimaginable mismanagement . Turning what is suppose to be a beautiful country with her all God given wealth to a perpetual third world where poverty is widespread and terrorism is the order of the day. I pray for massive revolution to cleanse the land of this maggots .

Sir, I believe you are educated. If you truly are, then I expect you to know the difference between criticism and insult. There is a wide gap between the two, and we must as learned people be able to explicitly spot the difference between the two. To criticize is to express your disapproval of someone or something, or to talk about their faults. However, when you resort to name calling and/or the use of abusive words, then that without a doubt is no longer criticism but insult and deliberate attack on a personality. "Let your words always be gracious, seasoned with salt" colossians 4:6...that will help

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
What Soyinka said is pregnant with deep meaning.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by wilsonalele28: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Professor Wole Soyinka,s criticism to Mr President,Goodluck Jonathan show that He is an apostle of APC, this is not a time of criticism with his level rather proffer solution to the issue on ground.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
IMMUNO1:
Wole Soyinka or whatever he calls himself should
d be ashamed that he is being led by a Nebucadnezzer for six years.

Funny...lol
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 5:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
joeboy03:

Sir, I believe you are educated. If you truly are, then I expect you to know the difference between criticism and insult. There is a wide gap between the two, and we must as learned people be able to explicitly spot the difference between the two. To criticize is to express your disapproval of someone or something, or to talk about their faults. However, when you resort to name calling and/or the use of abusive words, then that without a doubt is no longer criticism but insult and deliberate attack on a personality. "Let your words always be gracious, seasoned with salt" colossians 4:6...that will help
Critisising the President is a patriotic act. If you are referring to my use of maggots , I will give you that. Obama is being called worse than that here and some even attack Obama's girls with insultive names. The leadership won't change unless the citizen gets on them. No sane one will agree with the way Nigeria is being run. Nigerians are very hardworking and resilient people. Just wishing the leadership will think about the whole country not just them and their oligarchy friends. God help Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Aigbofa:

Soyinka is not the president of Nigeria. He is a citizen like you and I. Soyinka doesn't have any state powers to effect change like Jonathan.
Jonathan is the only guy who can order the police to seal off the national assembly, you and I and the professor doesn't have such powers.
And I have never called Jonathan a bad man, just a very incompetent president.

My argument was not in the angle of power and authority! It was based on how u defended Soyinka and praised him, but failed to also praise Johnathan where he has excelled. Or do u imply that Johnathan has absolutely nothing good about him? Please don't change the angle of the argument, now we are not talking based on the position occupied by these fellows but based on individual personality
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Critisising the President is a patriotic act. If you are referring to my use of maggots , I will give you that. Obama is being called worse than that here and some even attack Obama's girls with insultive names. The leadership won't change unless the citizen gets on them. No sane one will agree with the way Nigeria is being run. Nigerians are very hardworking and resilient people. Just wishing the leadership will think about the whole country not just them and their oligarchy friends. God help Nigeria and Nigerians.

Now you did not fully get the sense of my post. I was not talking about whatever is happening in the US, or whatever names they are calling their government. My point is, criticism is MARKEDLY different from insults and name calling..because a lot of people here and your post also suggests that the two are the same.....frankly, they aren't. If you indulge in name calling and the use of abusive speech then that my friend is NOT criticism. Like I had explained earlier, to criticize according to Longman dictionary of contemporary English, is to express your disapproval of someone or something, or to talk about their fault. But that does not in any way include the use of vulgar language, name calling or abusive words...please note the difference
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
hansad:
Nigeria is being turned upside down by religious extremists/terrorists from the far north of Nigeria, not by President GEJ. Corruption talk spined around Jonathan govt are mostly lies, unverified, unveriable; the corruption spins are from an oppostion group which wants power by all means, it is like an opposition tying corruption rope around Jonathan govt to drown it. They exploit the low literacy condition of Nigerian masses who cannot verify information. In your US, you will agree with me that any opposition party that spins such level of falsehood against a sitting president must get drowned instead by the electorate. You also will agree that in your US, if any opposition party is seen to contain people not condemning enemies of the US, the opposition party must get drowned by the electorate. APC contains most of the northern politicians that introduced use of extreme sharia laws in their states. Boko Haram says that it is fighting for a country governed by extreme sharia laws. Do you even see the nexuses between those politicians and Boko Haram that turns Nigeria upside down? GEj had since dispatched the best of soldiers and amunition that Nigeria could afford, yet because there are too many believers in the religious cause which Boko Haram is fighting for, sabotage of the fighters against Boko Haram remains the greatest obstacle to winning the fight. Think deeper, instesad of making President Jonathan a scape goat.
President Jonathan is the leader of the country and the buck stops at his desk. That's what leadership is all about. Late Harry Truman said the buck stops here. Terrorism is not limited to Nigeria alone . The difference is that GEJ is incapable of acting like a commander in chief. If any politicians or political party is influencing Boko haram, they should be arrested and prosecuted. That's why there are different intelligence agencies. For you to say GEJ is not running a corrupt government is comical. Billions of dollars of oil money is been siphoned abroad and millions of dollars are being transported out of the country in private jets. No infrastructural upgrades, power is not stable, schools are nothing to write home about, unemployment is paramount, hospitals are in not fit for human beings and so on. Where are the billions of dollars Nigeria realized from oil?. If that's the way you want your country to be, Goodluck . I had high hope for the man when Yar Adua's wife and the evil cabal were playing gàme with him ascending the presidency . I and many others were protesting civily here in his support. He became president and forget all his promises. By any measurement, he's a failure as a leader. I don't care for any Nigerian politicians or parties.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
joeboy03:

Now you did not fully get the sense of my post. I was not talking about whatever is happening in the US, or whatever names they are calling their government. My point is, criticism is MARKEDLY different from insults and name calling..because a lot of people here and your post also suggests that the two are the same.....frankly, they aren't. If you indulge in name calling and the use of abusive speech then that my friend is NOT criticism. Like I had explained earlier, to criticize according to Longman dictionary of contemporary English, is to express your disapproval of someone or something, or to talk about their fault. But that does not in any way include the use of vulgar language, name calling or abusive words...please note the difference
Defending the president because of people insulting him is getting your blood riled up. How many people have been killed by the insults hauled at the president?. His actions or in actions have killed so many Nigerians. If you want a country where the president can't be called names, Kim Jung Un of North Korea comes to mind. GEJ enjoys the spoils and perks of office and so it goes with scorn, critisism and insults if that's what it will tàke for him to man up to his sworn responsibilities . An African adage says Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown. If he can't beàr the heat , he should stay out of the kitchen. Critisism and disagreements are hall mark of democracy. There is no dictatorship in Nigeria. People are dying needlessly for diseases that are treatable and thousands are losing their lives because of ragtag band of terrorists and thousands die on roads that are not worthy of being driven on. My friend, that's worse that any perceived insults on the leadership.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
President Jonathan is the leader of the country and the buck stops at his desk. That's what leadership is all about. Late Harry Truman said the buck stops here. Terrorism is not limited to Nigeria alone . The difference is that GEJ is incapable of acting like a commander in chief. If any politicians or political party is influencing Boko haram, they should be arrested and prosecuted. That's why there are different intelligence agencies. For you to say GEJ is not running a corrupt government is comical. Billions of dollars of oil money is been siphoned abroad and millions of dollars are being transported out of the country in private jets. No infrastructural upgrades, power is not stable, schools are nothing to write home about, unemployment is paramount, hospitals are in not fit for human beings and so on. Where are the billions of dollars Nigeria realized from oil?. If that's the way you want your country to be, Goodluck . I had high hope for the man when Yar Adua's wife and the evil cabal were playing gàme with him ascending the presidency . I and many others were protesting civily here in his support. He became president and forget all his promises. By any measurement, he's a failure as a leader. I don't care for any Nigerian politicians or parties.
Name one instant when Jonathan or his crony transported Nigeria's money abroad or kept stolen money anywhere, you cannot name, you rather still live with your bar parlour accusations of corruption against Jonathan. The opposition manufacture those allegations of corruption to get in millions of semi-litterate and gullible people, including you. That old dictator many of you are rooting for to come and take over from Jonathan, the dictator was the leader at large during the most globally celebrated corrupt Abacha govt in Nigeria. The dictator latter told us that late Abacha was never corrupt. Wise up, do not be swayed by the promise that if you make the old man president, with your tribesman as VP, the old man shall serve for short time and hand over to your tribesman. This is what pushes mnany of you to demonize Jonathan. But be informed that if by any chance the dictator becomes president and cannot finish eight years, his group must insist that their region must complete eight years in office. You cannot do much to stop that. After that eight years tenure, winning the presidency becomes survival of the fittest. Be objective, Jonathan has outperformed his predecessors in office. Take away ethno/religious bigotry, look around and you shall see Jonathan's good accomplishments all over Nigeria.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
hansad:
Name one instant when Jonathan or his crony transported Nigeria's money abroad or kept stolen money anywhere, you cannot name, you rather still live with your bar parlour accusations of corruption against Jonathan. The opposition manufacture those allegations of corruption to get in millions of semi-litterate and gullible people, including you. That old dictator many of you are rooting for to come and take over from Jonathan, the dictator was the leader at large during the most globally celebrated corrupt Abacha govt in Nigeria. The dictator latter told us that late Abacha was never corrupt. Wise up, do not be swayed by the promise that if you make the old man president, with your tribesman as VP, the old man shall serve for short time and hand over to your tribesman. This is what pushes mnany of you to demonize Jonathan. But be informed that if by any chance the dictator becomes president and cannot finish eight years, his group must insist that their region must complete eight years in office. You cannot do much to stop that. After that eight years tenure, winning the presidency becomes survival of the fittest. Be objective, Jonathan has outperformed his predecessors in office. Take away ethno/religious bigotry, look around and you shall see Jonathan's good accomplishments all over Nigeria.
You are just spouting off bunch of crap about my tribe which you don't know a didly square about. I am a Nigerian/American who cares a lot about what's happening in Nigeria. Have travelled extensively due to the nature of my job and I know about economics and management of wealth. My stakes in Nigeria is limited. My family and I are perfectly happy here and don't have to get stuck in a hell hole called Nigeria where nothing goes right. You deserve GEJ as your leader but I feel sorry for millions of sane and reasonable Nigerians that are stuck in that cesspool of corruption and mismanagement. The oppressed falling in love with his oppressor. Classic Stockholm Syndrome . Done with this. You hold on to your believe and I will hold on to mine. Time for PEJ to distribute rice and vegetable oil. What a poverty mentality to accept mediocrity.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Defending the president because of people insulting him is getting your blood riled up. How many people have been killed by the insults hauled at the president?. His actions or in actions have killed so many Nigerians. If you want a country where the president can't be called names, Kim Jung Un of North Korea comes to mind. GEJ enjoys the spoils and perks of office and so it goes with scorn, critisism and insults if that's what it will tàke for him to man up to his sworn responsibilities . An African adage says Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown. If he can't beàr the heat , he should stay out of the kitchen. Critisism and disagreements are hall mark of democracy. There is no dictatorship in Nigeria. People are dying needlessly for diseases that are treatable and thousands are losing their lives because of ragtag band of terrorists and thousands die on roads that are not worthy of being driven on. My friend, that's worse that any perceived insults on the leadership.

Don't get me wrong!! I am in no way defending the president. I am only pointing out to you the difference between insult and criticism which u blatantly ignore continously. You have been so consumed by hatred for a person that u mistake insult for criticism even after you have had the word clearly defined. Be informed, I have no business nor affiliation with Mr Johnathan, only trying to make you understand the difference between two words that are commonly and wrongly associated.

Unlike you my friend, I am a supporter of no political party nor candidate. I do not even vote. I am politically neutral. Can you honestly say same of yourself ? Please let your replies (if any) be based on the argument put forward, not on politics.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
joeboy03:

Don't get me wrong!! I am in no way defending the president. I am only pointing out to you the difference between insult and criticism which u blatantly ignore continously. You have been so consumed by hatred for a person that u mistake insult for criticism even after you have had the word clearly defined. Be informed, I have no business nor affiliation with Mr Johnathan, only trying to make you understand the difference between two words that are commonly and wrongly associated.

Unlike you my friend, I am a supporter of no political party nor candidate. I do not even vote. I am politically neutral. Can you honestly say same of yourself ? Please let your replies (if any) be based on the argument put forward, not on politics.
Look at all my former posts and tell me if I belong to any party. I loathe all Nigerian politicians not just the president . GEJ is the número uno politician in Nigeria and he should be condemned for Nigeria's woes. I don't even live in Nigeria so why should I vote. I am a Nigerian/American and I vote in Chicago and we hold our politicians here responsible for their deeds. The difference between advance world and third world I guess. Like I said before, look in my old posts and tell me that you do not see me lambasting the others including Buhari , Tinubu, obasanjo and the rest. To be candid, I am praying for revolution ala Rawlings or what just happened in Burkina Faso to cleanse the land of this dinosaurs destroying Nigeria.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 11:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lucasbalo:
You are just spouting off bunch of crap about my tribe which you don't know a didly square about. I am a Nigerian/American who cares a lot about what's happening in Nigeria. Have travelled extensively due to the nature of my job and I know about economics and management of wealth. My stakes in Nigeria is limited. My family and I are perfectly happy here and don't have to get stuck in a hell hole called Nigeria where nothing goes right. You deserve GEJ as your leader but I feel sorry for millions of sane and reasonable Nigerians that are stuck in that cesspool of corruption and mismanagement. The oppressed falling in love with his oppressor. Classic Stockholm Syndrome . Done with this. You hold on to your believe and I will hold on to mine. Time for PEJ to distribute rice and vegetable oil. What a poverty mentality to accept mediocrity.
For the umpteenth time, you failed to point at one instant when President Jonathan or any body on his behalf stole Nigeria's money, other than your hearsay. In your USA, if a govt functionary or person in public service stole public money, do you call President Obama a thief or that he is running a corrupt govt? No. So why must you continue to believe that Jonathan is accomplice to corruption in Nigeria? In your USA, corrupt people are arrested and prosecuted by law enforcement agencies, not by US president. Nigeria's EFCC recently pronounced that at no time had President Jonathan restrained them from prosecuting corrupt people. Repeat: the oposition that comprises mostly your age-old masters simply manufacture rumours of billions of Dollars of oil money stolen by Jonathan or his cronies, in a bid to have your lot join them to retrieve apex political power and continue with business as usual. But this time, if you fall for that, they shall hold that power till thy kingdom come, and finally make Nigeria a Banana country for donkey years to come. You must care about Nigeria your root. Be sincere in analysing issues about your home country. Do not allow hatred for Jonathan or his ethnicity make you fail to see beyond your nose. By the way, if APC brings foward a credible presidential candidate other than the present frontrunners long known for championing ethno/religious cause, I shall vote for the APC candidate. We avoid people who shall win the presidency and throw the gates open for religious zealots. If that happens, the Jihad and counter Jihad that shall follow must make the present religiuos violence a tea party.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 12:53am On Dec 04, 2014
hansad:
For the umpteenth time, you failed to point at one instant when President Jonathan or any body on his behalf stole Nigeria's money, other than your hearsay. In your USA, if a govt functionary or person in public service stole public money, do you call President Obama a thief or that he is running a corrupt govt? No. So why must you continue to believe that Jonathan is accomplice to corruption in Nigeria? In your USA, corrupt people are arrested and prosecuted by law enforcement agencies, not by US president. Nigeria's EFCC recently pronounced that at no time had President Jonathan restrained them from prosecuting corrupt people. Repeat: the oposition that comprises mostly your age-old masters simply manufacture rumours of billions of Dollars of oil money stolen by Jonathan or his cronies, in a bid to have your lot join them to retrieve apex political power and continue with business as usual. But this time, if you fall for that, they shall hold that power till thy kingdom come, and finally make Nigeria a Banana country for donkey years to come. You must care about Nigeria your root. Be sincere in analysing issues about your home country. Do not allow hatred for Jonathan or his ethnicity make you fail to see beyond your nose. By the way, if APC brings foward a credible presidential candidate other than the present frontrunners long known for championing ethno/religious cause, I shall vote for the APC candidate. We avoid people who shall win the presidency and throw the gates open for religious zealots. If that happens, the Jihad and counter Jihad that shall follow must make the present religiuos violence a tea party.
You are entitled to your opinion . At least you gave up on me being in support of another political party. I have no hatred of the president but I hate his inept administration . Have travelled due to the nature of my job and see countries like South Africa , Malaysia. Singapore and others like Bahrain and Qatar turning to paradise with the same oil Nigeria has. All Nigerian leaders bastardized the economy. A lots of guys I grew up here including my siblings have given up in Nigeria but I refused to because of the innermost love i have for the country of my birth. Have spent 80 percent of my life in US and I still have I hope for the country, hence my critisism of the leadership. I do not tolerate mediocrity not even with my 4 kids. Would be in Nigeria with couple of my girls for Xmas vacation and would love to chat you up when I get to Lagos. Wishing you all you wish for yourself because I find out you are a smart young man. It's 5.54pm here and I have to leave for home now. Goodluck to you.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 1:05am On Dec 04, 2014
Lucasbalo:
You are entitled to your opinion . At least you gave up on me being in support of another political party. I have no hatred of the president but I hate his inept administration . Have travelled due to the nature of my job and see countries like South Africa , Malaysia. Singapore and others like Bahrain and Qatar turning to paradise with the same oil Nigeria has. All Nigerian leaders bastardized the economy. A lots of guys I grew up here including my siblings have given up in Nigeria but I refused to because of the innermost love i have for the country of my birth. Have spent 80 percent of my life in US and I still have I hope for the country, hence my critisism of the leadership. I do not tolerate mediocrity not even with my 4 kids. Would be in Nigeria with couple of my girls for Xmas vacation and would love to chat you up when I get to Lagos. Wishing you all you wish for yourself because I find out you are a smart young man. It's 5.54pm here and I have to leave for home now. Goodluck to you.
I wish you and rest of your family Merry Xmas in your fatherland, Nigeria.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 1:11am On Dec 04, 2014
hansad:
I wish you and rest of your family Merry Xmas in your fatherland, Nigeria.
Thanks and same to you. Don't mean any harm. Just my pathological love I have for Nigeria, makes me angry at the leadership . Nothing against the president, he's just the latest of those leaders who have destroyed the country. The ones before him are guilty as well, running the country like a family business. Forgive me I was rude to you. It's not me. It's emotions of knowing Nigeria and Nigerians deserve better. We are supposed to be on the same part with Qatar , Malaysia and S/A. Goodluck and happy holidays.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 1:56am On Dec 04, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Thanks and same to you. Don't mean any harm. Just my pathological love I have for Nigeria, makes me angry at the leadership . Nothing against the president, he's just the latest of those leaders who have destroyed the country. The ones before him are guilty as well, running the country like a family business. Forgive me I was rude to you. It's not me. It's emotions of knowing Nigeria and Nigerians deserve better. We are supposed to be on the same part with Qatar , Malaysia and S/A. Goodluck and happy holidays.
Perhaps if we meet in Nigeria, we shall talk about issues that have blighted development in Nigeria. Talk about why spent forces still nurse the ambition to preside over a Nigeria of predominantly young and some well educated population. Why a Raji Fashola SAN, Okonjo Iwealla, Babangida Aliyu, and even very eloquent Lucasbalo cannot come this time to become Nigeria's president. At every presidential election, only candidates chosen by a few god fathers are presented to the electorate to vote for. The primaries - if they even take place - are just mere formality. Why this? Because the major curse for Nigeria is its crude oil unfortunately found in just one area of the country. This has enabled Nigerians choose to continue to stick to a despicable unitary govt system whereby a few select persons stay in far away Abuja, collect revenues and share doles to the states, and to some degree, determine how far any part of Nigeria can strive to advance ahead of others. Competition among Nigerian groups to strive for the best thus becomes geopardized. Every Nigerian group instead strives to win Aso Rock central seat of power to enable the group control the country's coffers. Time for selection of the country's president, a few persons/god fathers in the contesting political parties literally impose on the parties who to present to the electorate to vote for. Do we expect the best leaders to ever emerge from such process? Never, under this unitary govt system.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 2:43am On Dec 04, 2014
hansad:
Perhaps if we meet in Nigeria, we shall talk about issues that have blighted development in Nigeria. Talk about why spent forces still nurse the ambition to preside over a Nigeria of predominantly young and some well educated population. Why a Raji Fashola SAN, Okonjo Iwealla, Babangida Aliyu, and even very eloquent Lucasbalo cannot come this time to become Nigeria's president. At every presidential election, only candidates chosen by a few god fathers are presented to the electorate to vote for. The primaries - if they even take place - are just mere formality. Why this? Because the major curse for Nigeria is its crude oil unfortunately found in just one area of the country. This has enabled Nigerians choose to continue to stick to a despicable unitary govt system whereby a few select persons stay in far away Abuja, collect revenues and share doles to the states, and to some degree, determine how far any part of Nigeria can strive to advance ahead of others. Competition among Nigerian groups to strive for the best thus becomes geopardized. Every Nigerian group instead strives to win Aso Rock central seat of power to enable the group control the country's coffers. Time for selection of the country's president, a few persons/god fathers in the contesting political parties literally impose on the parties who to present to the electorate to vote for. Do we expect the best leaders to ever emerge from such process? Never, under this unitary govt system.
Gbam. I completely agree with you. I don't know if revolution is possible in Nigeria ala Rawlings in Ghana or what just happened in Burkina Faso. Am worried about the youths because their birth right is being stolen from them. There is a 95 story condominium in downtown Chicago called Trump Tower, guess what , three governors from the southwest bought million dollars apartment their. Guess where the money is from. Hopefully, things will get better for us all. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians .
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
Lucasbalo:
Look at all my former posts and tell me if I belong to any party. I loathe all Nigerian politicians not just the president . GEJ is the número uno politician in Nigeria and he should be condemned for Nigeria's woes. I don't even live in Nigeria so why should I vote. I am a Nigerian/American and I vote in Chicago and we hold our politicians here responsible for their deeds. The difference between advance world and third world I guess. Like I said before, look in my old posts and tell me that you do not see me lambasting the others including Buhari , Tinubu, obasanjo and the rest. To be candid, I am praying for revolution ala Rawlings or what just happened in Burkina Faso to cleanse the land of this dinosaurs destroying Nigeria.

Again, you avoid to admit or refute the clarification I made between criticism and insult and rather chose to dwell on politics (politicians). Apparently, I have no business with whatever happens in politics or with politicians.
My sole purpose my friend, was to clarify between criticism and insult since a lot of people on this forum ignorantly or deliberately mistake insult for criticism. For the sake of emphasis, the two words and their meaning are at variance.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by banki(m): 8:32am On Dec 06, 2014
qtx:

Which fight for good governance are you talking about? that a man doesn't seem to see anything good about the present administration is that what you call fight for good governance? aligning with opposition and engage in name calling and and insults on the government of the day?
You can never fight for good governance this way and expect better results okay.
Common road safety management they gave him during IBB regime how was he able to handle it and we all know how it ended up.
Oga, rest ok. If you think leadership is easy then i will ask you if you have ever handled even a course position in your tertiary institution(dats if you attended one anyway) you will understand that its easier to criticise from outside, but when you get there you will notice its not that easy as you think.
To hell with his criticisms what Nigerians want is solutions and not criticisms.
He is not doing the nation any good. Let him go and hide in his village because he can not proffer any solution to our problems.

My problem with most supporters of this government is that a lot of you are dumb....
Wole it was that fought for jonathan to become president, wole negotiated for the niger delta militants, wole has been actively involved in the enthronement of democracy, where was GEJ in all this struggles yet he is the biggest beneficiary

Stop seeing critics as your enemies
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by qtx(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2014
banki:

My problem with most supporters of this government is that a lot of you are dumb....
Wole it was that fought for jonathan to become president, wole negotiated for the niger delta militants, wole has been actively involved in the enthronement of democracy, where was GEJ in all this struggles yet he is the biggest beneficiary

Stop seeing critics as your enemies
when did wole fight for jonathan? i remember he did nadeco thing and that you cant say was for GEJ, the issue is that he cant dishonour himself by resorting to garbage language calling mr president all sorts of name and expect everybody to clap for him , if he fought for democracy was he alone? what did he pass through by the way while fighting for democracy.
Dr. Nelson Mandela(of blessed memory) who put up a genuine selfless fight for the freedom of his country no matter the corruption and mismanagement allegations against some of South African presidents thereafter, did you ever hear him call anybody names? Did you ever hear him criticising and insulting any govt of the day? Are you saying Wole did even one percent of what Mandela did? Stop this thrash guy. If Jesus Christ(for we christians) who gave his life for atonement of our sins should get angry and react the way men still live recklessly after wasting his live for us who will stand? Look i know you are being partisan include your so-called Nobel laureate man. I want to let you know that it is not right even if you think you survive a man then you no longer want to allow him have a life. To hell with his fight and pretentious care about Nigeria.
Ar.rant non*sen*se
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by NewsHub: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=InglishTeechar post=28550843]

That shows how foolish you are. Period.[/quo

I didn't want to reply you but i just realised you are a compound fool, an ignoramus. It's only a mediocre like you that can't make comments without insults. You are pathetic!!! Period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christopher Ogiehor Murdered! Matthew Iduoriyekemwen Father-in-law Killed In Edo / Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day / APC Supporter Dies During Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.