Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months (22900 Views)

The Face Of The Guy Using My Stolen Phone / Why You Won't Be Able To Use A Stolen Iphone Anymore. / I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by ekeroyal(m): 1:27am On Dec 03, 2014
Lost And Found My Stolen Phone After 7 Months

This may sound unreal to some persons but it is real and happened in Nigeria. It is about my iPhone 4S, I only bought it January 2014, a new one. The story is funny with a few lessons and inferences drawn from here and there. This is how it went.........

I lost my phone in a taxi in Port Harcourt on the 28th of April, 2014. It probably slipped out of my pocket. When I realized it, I quickly tried tracking the taxi driver but couldn't find him that evening. I waited for him around the route where he operates but couldn't find him. To make matters worst, the phone was offline as I had only returned from an island with very little Airtel signal, hence I couldn't call it. The next day I was to travel, but I couldn't go. I waited for him again around the route he operates and fortunately I found him but he simply told me, he didn't see my phone. I was crest fallen and started accepting the reality. That evening I told my better half who was far off, of my predicament and she simply said, am not convinced you lost that phone". I began to imagine if she was a prophet from God or she simply said it to calm me down.

I had so much information on the phone that I almost got it announced on radio, safe for the fact that such announcements can't be made. The next day I traveled and simply tried to forget the phone. I was so feeling bad because I didn't activate the iCloud or Lost iPhone app. But before I traveled, I logged into the apple portal with my account and left a message, "If you find this phone, it is lost. Simply call 080********. A reward awaits you". Then I relaxed. That weekend I suddenly tried calling the phone and it rang for six (6) times and nobody picked it. I sent two sms yet no response. At that point I was feeling even worse because somehow the iPhone is unlocked now, I thought. At this point, I had to forget it and bother my head with other issues. But one interesting decision I made was to stick to my Asha dual SIM phone I was using besides the iPhone until February 2015 when I would buy a new one.

On November 17, 2014 I was back in PHC again. Then came the mysterious call by about 21:38hrs on November 28, 2014. The caller introduced himself, though I didn't catch the name and it was seen as one of those trivial calls, until he asked "did you lose you iPhone recently?" I went ahead to give him details of where, when and how I last saw my iPhone. "call me tomorrow so I can direct you on where to come pick your iPhone", he added. That was it. I went there, met with about five young men and after about 20 minutes wait, another young man came with the iPhone. Behold, it was still fresh and clean. And I smartly inquired what really happened. I could decipher that the young man who called me intended to buy the iPhone but got frustrated when all efforts to unlock it proved abortive. So he decided it meant nothing than to return it to the owner. When I inserted a SIM, I accessed the iCloud server and immediately I entered my credentials, the iPhone was unlocked.

I know technology was at work, but at the same time I also feel there was hand of God. The point is, even if the fellow wasn't able to unlock it and got frustrated as the days went by, he could have as well decided to also crush it. But he didn't, instead he took the bold step by calling. He was surprised when I told him I didn't inform the Police and I also didn't come with any Police or something.

Meanwhile, my lost hope in Nigeria and Nigerians is gradually coming back. I simply didn't expect getting my iPhone back.

What do you think fellas?

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by REB3L(m): 1:37am On Dec 03, 2014
.picture's of u losing ur hope or adonbilive it.
.pictures of u getting frustrated or I don't believe
it..
p.s for all those who'll take the time out to quote and possibly insult me,try to get a sense of humour

74 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by DUNKA(m): 1:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Picture of you unlocking d iphone or I don belevit grin

21 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by fingard02k(m): 3:52am On Dec 03, 2014
sow a seed on my head cus this was not ordinary.. The Hand work of God

6 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by lonngmann(m): 4:07am On Dec 03, 2014
Person they return fone after 7 months
iphonw for that matter ...strange

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Adesam09(m): 4:08am On Dec 03, 2014
U really need to appreciate God's Work.. Even if na #5000 u have, just give it to God....
Contact me to get his account details...

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by dridowu: 6:03am On Dec 03, 2014
One good turn deserve another

2 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by ekeroyal(m): 6:05am On Dec 03, 2014
DUNKA:
Picture of you unlocking d iphone or I don belevit grin
Besides the iPhone, no other phone got a (good) camera else I'd have put up a photo.

As regards those asking for sowing a seed on their heads, please leave your account details. grin grin

It's really a one in a million story.

2 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Adeoba10(m): 6:51am On Dec 03, 2014
dridowu:
One good turn deserve another
Na better road cause am...

3 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by fr3do(m): 6:58am On Dec 03, 2014
ekeroyal:

Besides the iPhone, no other phone got a camera else I'd have put up a photo.

As regards those asking for sowing a seed on their heads, please leave your account details. grin grin

It's really a one in a million story.

Didn't you say you have an Asha?
Pictures or adonblivit grin

11 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by QuiverBox(f): 7:31am On Dec 03, 2014
REB3L:
.pictures of u getting frustrated or I don't believe it.

Try and get a life, its does not hurt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 03, 2014
U got luck because of the i cloud and security system else your phone would have been sold for sure.
If thesame control could be applied to tackle corruption by government and civil service workers in Nigeria, people would find it hard to steal and commit crime.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Oyetboy(m): 8:16am On Dec 03, 2014
wow!
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Hotdiamond(m): 8:29am On Dec 03, 2014
If na android. Just boot to recovery. And the phone is gone forever. grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by REB3L(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2014
QuiverBox:

try to see humour in my comment and stop being so plain annoying.

21 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by tellwisdom: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2014
Look at this foolish boi disturbing us because of his cheap fone sad
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Escalze(m): 8:41am On Dec 03, 2014
The guy sef Wey call you na mumu. If na for Ajegunle, as you unlock the phone, he for collect am back willingly or forcefully.

11 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by akinsadeez(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2014
QuiverBox:

pardon me Ma'am, but you really need to buy yourself a sense of humor undecided

14 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Sharon6(f): 8:49am On Dec 03, 2014
Congratulations dear.

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS!!! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

1 Like

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nmeri17: 8:50am On Dec 03, 2014

Moral of the story: always put yo expensive iPhone on security code tongue

Last Bullet
op you are owing the lord one chicken wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by ahmed486: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2014
You are very lucky ooo

[VIDEO]How to destroy your relationships via text
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/life-style-news/item/1376-how-to-destroy-your-relationships-via-text
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:51am On Dec 03, 2014
Juicy story.
I dey come to post my mind
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by decode55(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2014
Tag: Suntemi
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2014
this article isn't meant for front page olorun gbo
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2014
Well, I still think you owe your thanks to technology.....tho devine favor could be a lil factor cos the guy fit reason trowey am sef but somehow opted to return it.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2014
I find it hard to believe your story.
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2014
Sharon6:
Congratulations dear
What are those in your dp Are you an elewe omo Are those agbo-jedi
Ayamlaykorn
Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by tupacshakur(m): 8:56am On Dec 03, 2014
REB3L:
.pictures of u getting frustrated or I don't believe it.

Pictures of your alleged Father sexing your mother on the day you were conceived OR someone else, possibly the Landlord, is your Father!

Shey na everytime una go dey demand picture evidence ni?

7 Likes

Re: How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2014
Na because e no be Iphone 6.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Phone Or Phones Were you Using Ten(10) Years Ago?? / Last Day On Earth: Survival MOD + Save Game Files For Android / Jack Dorsey Reacts To Twitter Downtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.