Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? (2543 Views)

What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / "I Started Having Sex With My Daughter Because I'm Not Her Biological Father" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2014
At what stage do you think a man should take full financial responsibility of his fiancee? A scenario is playing out somewhere where his marriage to this lady has been fixed and both family is preparing for the occasion. the problem is that her father has stoped financing her academics to the extend that she's considering droping out of school. Do u think is just for d fiancee to take full responsibility now, though he's yet to complete the marriage process or jus surport his girl until she become his wife? That's why, i ask : Is it right for parent's to stop financing their daughter because she's getting married?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2014
Just to be safe i think its always wiser to marry someone when she can support herself financially

10 Likes

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by pickabeau1: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

People be tossing off responsibilities since 1960

2 Likes

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by zubby29(m): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2014
a wise man will support his daughter even wen dey are not under d same roof again,yes she may not bear d same surname as u are,bt dat dosnt stop her from being ur daugther,notin can change dat

3 Likes

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by tobechi74: 9:18am On Dec 03, 2014
Yes
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by worry359(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2014
silvoice:
At what stage do you think a man should take full financial responsibility of his fiancee?

The man should be responsible when the girl starts "pleasuring grin" him.

What goes around comes around!
Father stops supporting girl.
In a few years the parents will be old.
When they come begging support from girl and husband that is the time to remember.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 9:34am On Dec 03, 2014
tobechi74:
Yes
you mean d fiancee should tak full responsability?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by SAMBARRY: 9:44am On Dec 03, 2014
In this day and age for a woman to say she wants to get married. She is saying she's old enough to shoulder the responsibilities and baggages that come with marriage and so far as she's no longer bearing her maiden name, her family has handed her to her husband and he has paid the bride price and fulfilled all requirements for him to be a husband. Your responsibilities as a mother ENDS After THE WEDDING.your only contribution should be advice and prayer. Let the husband continue from where the girls parents stopped and face the others who are still under your care. Lobatan

besides after wedding as a brides mother the next thing I expect is grand children and not stories. The rest is their cross to carry. Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by SAMBARRY: 9:50am On Dec 03, 2014
zubby29:
a wise man will support his daughter even wen dey are not under d same roof again,yes she may not bear d same surname as u are,bt dat dosnt stop her from being ur daugther,notin can change dat
if you as a man you are alive, Hale and hearty. Your thinking faculties are complete and you're not an ! Mbec! Le and under your nose your wife mother is giving her daughter money you should be ashamed of yourself because you have given her ACESS AND THE FULL RIGHT TO DISRESPECT YOU, TALK TO YOU ANYHOW AND MEDDLE IN YOUR BUSINESS. in fact they will soon tell you they are having family party and they need you to come and wash plate.the day you say but I am a man na.that is when you have stepped on the cobras tail . All the insults you have never heard you will hear it.sotey your wife's younger sister will throw plate at you if you are not careful to wash it clean bottom line they will turn you to family house boy.

2 Likes

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by SAMBARRY: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2014
Then be ready to hear if not for our family, who are you or who is your father. If you know you don't want your ego to be trampled under you better respect your self as a man and don't marry till you have money
worry359:

The man should be responsible when the girl starts "pleasuring grin" him.

What goes around comes around!
Father stops supporting girl.
In a few years the parents will be old.
When they come begging support from girl and husband that is the time to remember.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by SAMBARRY: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2014
If she's now the one paying your housr rent and or she's giving her daughter money to pay your house rent. O jigbi jigbi.ti e ti ba e.you have now become an object of scorn. In fact your privacy is gone..she can come to your house anytime without informing you. After all she will say she's the one paying your house rent. Even your wife sef won't be able to talk . anyway my warning is that if you are a man don't put your wife in a position to beg her family for money because the aftermath of that action, you won't like it

if I was the mother the next thing that will immediately come to my mind is that this boy must have been killing my daughter with e go better
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by zubby29(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2014
oga i dnt understand u,i will take good care of my children male/female weather or not dey are livin wit me or not
SAMBARRY:
if you as a man you are alive, Hale and hearty. Your thinking faculties are complete and you're not an ! Mbec! Le and under your nose your wife mother is giving her daughter money you should be ashamed of yourself because you have given her ACESS AND THE FULL RIGHT TO DISRESPECT YOU, TALK TO YOU ANYHOW AND MEDDLE IN YOUR BUSINESS. in fact they will soon tell you they are having family party and they need you to come and wash plate.the day you say but I am a man na.that is when you have stepped on the cobras tail . All the insults you have never heard you will hear it.sotey your wife's younger sister will throw plate at you if you are not careful to wash it clean bottom line they will turn you to family house boy.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 10:22am On Dec 03, 2014
At all, u don't seem to undastand dis post. They are about to get married. Do u think is right 4 d parents to jus withdraw their surport, simply becos a man want's to marry her?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by SAMBARRY: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2014
zubby29:
oga i dnt understand u,i will take good care of my children male/female weather or not dey are livin wit me or not
my point is do whatever you want to do but DON'T PUT YOUR WIFE IN A POSITION TO BEG FROM HER FAMILY. It will only expose you as not being man enough to marry because one day they will ask you if you know that you are not ready to marry, why did you marry.a word is enough for the wise

5 Likes

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by SAMBARRY: 10:34am On Dec 03, 2014
silvoice:
At all, u don't seem to undastand dis post. They are about to get married. Do u think is right 4 d parents to jus withdraw their surport, simply becos a man want's to marry her?
then tell her to finish school or education. Get every thing she has to get from her father till she's able to stand on her feet if she's able to do that then she can marry

2 Likes

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2014
SAMBARRY:
then tell her to finish school or education. Get every thing she has to get from her father till she's able to stand on her feet if she's able to do that then she can marry
question stil not answered why are we avoiding the real question. Let me rephrase: yes or no. Is it right for parent's to stop financing their daughter because she's getting married?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2014
The answer is No. Its not right. As long as your daughter isnt married yet, engagements break everyday, weddings can be called off, she is still under your roof therefore you are still responsible over her. It somewhat portrays the daughter in bad light, like some sort of burden on her fiance. After the wedding, the responsibility lies on her husband.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2014
Sophyrocks:
The answer is No. Its not right. As long as your daughter isnt married yet, engagements break everyday, weddings can be called off, she is still under your roof therefore you are still responsible over her. It somewhat portrays the daughter in bad light, like some sort of burden on her fiance. After the wedding, the responsibility lies on her husband.
u got d gist. Very useful comment
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by crackhaus: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2014
silvoice:
Do you really need anyone to tell you that it's wrong? The girl isn't married yet, so I don't see why the responsibility of financing her academics should be handed over to her yet-to-be husband.

The parents must have been waiting tirelessly for the day the stress of handling her finances will be over - I hope they don't complain when their daughter comes home one day after marriage to say that her husband is treating her like his property.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by SAMBARRY: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
silvoice:
question stil not answered why are we avoiding the real question. Let me rephrase: yes or no. Is it right for parent's to stop financing their daughter because she's getting married?
yes but it's for her to wait and complete her education till she gets married
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
silvoice:
u got d gist. Very useful comment
You can get as many nos as you want on NL but it will now change your situation. Why cant u just wait until she is supporting herself if its a burden on you?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by lertee(f): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
silvoice:
A parents should never be tired of sponsoring a daughter even in marriage as long as they are capable

Unless they want to punish her for rushing into marriage without completing her education,then the parents will be like "since you are ready to get married then go meet the man deceiving you,he will continue from where we stopped"

1 Like

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
lertee:

A parents should never be tired of sponsoring a daughter even in marriage as long as they are capable

Unless they want to punish her for rushing into marriage without completing her education,then the parents will be like "since you are ready to get married then go meet the man deceiving you,he will continue from where we stopped"
noted
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by lolababe331e: 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Since she's not yet married the parents shouldn't stop financing her education but once they get married it becomes a different issue. It's silly to be calling herself a married woman in her husbands house and then her parents will still be paying her school fees undecided

People shouldn't marry until they are financially able to sustain themselves. If you are married and your parents are still paying your bills then you are just boyfriend and girlfriend living together. The whole idea of marriage is to start your own family and take care of your own home financially and otherwise.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by KanwuliaJara: 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
She can't have it both ways!
Let the man take over abi?
Kudos to the parents! kiss

Who wan pay for lessons in sucking blokos? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by cintia(f): 6:03am On Dec 13, 2014
Once a girl is getting married , the fiancee should take love her responsibilities or he leaves the girl to finish her studies and make her decision afterwards. It's a very simple matter and the guy shouldn't complain
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by EfemenaXY: 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
silvoice:
At what stage do you think a man should take full financial responsibility of his fiancee? A scenario is playing out somewhere where his marriage to this lady has been fixed and both family is preparing for the occasion. the problem is that her father has stoped financing her academics to the extend that she's considering droping out of school. Do u think is just for d fiancee to take full responsibility now, though he's yet to complete the marriage process or jus surport his girl until she become his wife? That's why, i ask : Is it right for parent's to stop financing their daughter because she's getting married?

Let her finish schooling, get a job, and save up!

Gosh what's the rush? Especially when the key player(s) is/aren't ready?

Nigerians and their never-ending sense of entitlement!

1 Like

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

good advice at a wrong time. Jus asking simple question, not advice. okay?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by EfemenaXY: 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
silvoice:
good advice at a wrong time. Jus asking simple question, not advice. okay?

No, it's not okay, okay?

What's wrong with the timing? She's not yet married to the dude, so the world won't come crashing to a halt if she postpones that wedding to get her act together - unless of course, your friend is already pregnant for the man?

Besides, the advice is meant for others out there who might find themselves in a similar situation - something for them to think about, okay?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
cintia:
Once a girl is getting married , the fiancee should take love her responsibilities or he leaves the girl to finish her studies and make her decision afterwards. It's a very simple matter and the guy shouldn't complain
so is right 4 u to abandon ur daughter simply because a man want's to marry her. If she eventually drop from school do u think she wil be happi wit u in future?

Again, right or wrong: op don't need advice, he's asking simple question.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You just said my mind on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by EfemenaXY: 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
silvoice:
so is right 4 u to abandon ur daughter simply because a man want's to marry her. If she eventually drop from school do u think she wil be happi wit u in future?

Again, right or wrong: op don't need advice, he's asking simple question.

Na wa o!

Come, are you the girl's fiancee? You wan marry but yet you want your prospective father-in-law to foot the bills for you while you shag his daughter? If you're feeling squeamish over taking the financial reins, then perhaps you should let the girl concentrate and finish her schooling while the father continues footing the bills.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Sick Of The Brain Fog, Time For Change. Stop Wanking / When Is The Right Time To Have Sex With Ur Partner After Normal Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.