Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,431 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry (12060 Views)

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Nigeria’s Importation Of Tomato Paste Is A Shame – Cowan / Senators Decry Nigeria’s Importation Of PMS As Shameful — Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by ducii: 10:05am On Dec 04, 2014
Francon:
Too lengthy

How is this article too lengthy?
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 04, 2014
simplemach:
Goodnews, atleast now we make our own cars. Who knows, may be by 2016, there would be no more car imports

Not exactly.....we assemble cars in Nigeria from imported parts....although there is some effort by gents like Innoson to improve local content (Innoson says he is up to 50% local content ). That is why Ajaokuta has to be sorted out fast.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by tolustx(m): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2014
That doesn't take into account dos brougth in by smugglers sha o
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Shakurpaul2: 10:09am On Dec 04, 2014
that's a good news. we need to develop our nation and patronized our own goods.

my signature, your benefits.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by chamboy(m): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2014
Nice devo.... GMB 2015
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by ducii: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Not exactly.....we assemble cars in Nigeria from imported parts....although there is some effort by gents like Innoson to improve local content (Innoson says he is up to 50% local content ). That is why Ajaokuta has to be sorted out fast.

Nope, he said upto 70% local content. Getting there gradually.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by ducii: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2014
tolustx:
That doesn't take into account dos brougth in by smugglers sha o

must you have to be negative?
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Kennywills7(m): 10:12am On Dec 04, 2014
My first day on nairaland. nice one
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by amaechionuh(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
...Because some few cars were produced I feel so ashamed sometimes when these people talk. Gosh!! Even pipe borne water we don't get yet someone is spewing this trash.

These men are at best politicians. They lie and lick balls a lot.

You are a disgrace to Nigeria, if I be ur papa I don disown you since

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
...Because some few cars were produced I feel so ashamed sometimes when these people talk. Gosh!! Even pipe borne water we don't get yet someone is spewing this trash.

One at a time.. Or go there and let's see what you can do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by j4sure(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2014
ok
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by tonero230(m): 10:18am On Dec 04, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2014
This is to remind all Nairaland members of an emergency
meeting that will hold today come 4pm at our
chairman's place, please don't forget to come with our pledges.
Space keeping a gbe wa o...
Ase
announcer
ImoleAy0, adviser to the chairman on special
duties.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by tushburg(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2014
That's a good 1...GEJ is working hard

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by texazzpete(m): 10:27am On Dec 04, 2014
And this is part of the crappy dividends of this administration. Local production still not hitting 1% of demand and yet importation dropping by 20%.
People being driven further below the poverty line, import duty hikes preventing people from owning newer, more modern vehicles that are more fuel efficient, pollute less and are safer. As a result, more Nigerians are using old, decrepit and less safe vehicles on the road.

Despite this, we still get the same stories and chest beating, largely revolving around Innoson. Where are the Nissan cars we were promised? All we get are PR pieces. Why has none of the pricing details been released?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by holatin(m): 10:28am On Dec 04, 2014
k read but too long to undesrtand
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Francon(f): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2014
[Any words above 150 is lengthyquote author=ducii post=28581868]

How is this article too lengthy?[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by tolustx(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2014
ducii:

must you have to be negative?
It is not abt being negative. It is a pointer dat more work in needed in curbing smuggling. Smuggled cars are even almost always in worse conditions compared to dos dat are legally imported.
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Boss13: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2014
I think this is a propaganda. Assembly of cars is even fully yet to hit the ground running. I was at Nissan yesterday and I was told that only one model of Nissan cars is being assembled in the country. Toyota is still signing MoUs. Innoson is still proving to Nigerians that he can produce cars rather than he can sells cars. I think we need to start requesting for verifiable evidences when we see report like this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by streetzdreamz(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
Absolutely. Something like mortgage financing. smiley

You see, the whole stuff transcends just producing these cars. A lot has to be set in motion for such business to thrive. As it stands, it seems only the government and transporters are patronising them. My hope is that someone stops feeling complacent, roll up their sleeve, put their minds to task, put pen to paper and paper to policies that ensure these gains are not eroded before they come full bloom.
brilliant mind!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by raph2020(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2014
Thks to thiS government.http://www.raphruks.com
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Nebuchadnezar: 10:40am On Dec 04, 2014
dtruth3:
i never believed it before, when i was told you are sick!

now i can comfirm!

Omenka is a goat
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by ElFenomeno1: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
I know. I've seen the pictures long time ago. What I'm saying is it is just sheer foolishness to start comparing Nigeria with those countries simply because we've produced some cars when we are yet to even put in place very basic stuffs of development like pipe borne water, electricity, eradicate hunger, and shelter for Nigerians.

Making such is statement at this point is simply playing a sycophant.

Some valid points made above.

We need to get the basics right in this country in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by morefire: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
I know. I've seen the pictures long time ago. What I'm saying is it is just sheer foolishness to start comparing Nigeria with those countries simply because we've produced some cars when we are yet to even put in place very basic stuffs of development like pipe borne water, electricity, eradicate hunger, and shelter for Nigerians.

Making such is statement at this point is simply playing a sycophant.

i think you should read that statement again maybe i am the only one not seeing what your saying.... cos i didnt see where he compared Nigeria to those countries all i saw was him talking about Nigeria's determination to join the big guys and if you ask me that's a great dream so long as the master plan is followed it can be achieved

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by WildChild00(m): 10:47am On Dec 04, 2014
This calls for some form of improvement, but be that as it may be, the government can still reduce it further to the nearest minimum, by so doing doing they should encurrage locally made cars/ industries by granting of tax holidays to such company, and finally, we can even export to other small nations, I think this will help strengthen our economy.
Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 04, 2014
We encourage manufacturing without fixing electricity. What kind of joke is that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by EbolaParasite: 11:04am On Dec 04, 2014
LOL @ joining the league of industrialized nations. You cannot become industrialized without POWER. Until we have 24/7 power, we will be chasing shadows.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:

Bad belle people don who show once again. E remain small time, una go begin commit suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by fr3do(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:

Enemy of Nigeria, do u expect us to turn to Germany overnight?
Is it not step by step?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Trailblazer1(m): 11:16am On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:

Ever since I knew you on this forum, you've always been negative. Even to a goodnews as this, you still remained negative.
Tell me why GEJ won't be clueless in your eyes?

You'll always have a good reason to remain negative. Please, were you born NEGATIVE?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Kennywills7:
My first day on nairaland. nice one
U're welcome in the home of no return

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magu: "Every Government Official Is Under Investigation Without Them Knowing" / 2019: Campaign Officially Starts Tomorrow 18th November 2018: INEC / APC Women Pay Courtesy Visit To Hope Uzodinma Ahead Of Women Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.