Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan (31818 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper / Presidency Reacts To Rumour That Buhari Received Money From Dasuki / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Sanguine77(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2014
Believe me, Jonathan is so lenient. Agreed he is the president, he is not in charge of everything cos there is delegation of functions. Agreed that the bulk stops at his table, he should not be blamed for all our woes and ordeals. The prof shoud have known better.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by edababa007(m): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2014
Anything against the Presidency must either be from the opposition or the boko haram.. okupe, check ur brain.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by thatniqqress(f): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2014

GEJ always falling ma hands
Must he respond to everything?
Sometimes, one has to act
As if he/she
Did not see everything
Or develop a
I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

I don't know him cos I schooled in France.
I'm sure this whole thing about schooling in france or wherever was probably meant as a joke, to make people laugh. But unfortunately people like you just succeed in killing the humour in it.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by eleko1: 10:34am On Dec 03, 2014
Thank U so much for dis piece.Okupe nah jeun k'oku man.Oniranu jatijati
Eneze1:
His alliance to the opposition shocked really but when he was at the forefront leading the protest against Yar adua wife no one said anything truth be told the highhandedness of this administration is too much. Btw must the presidency responds to everything? don't they have something tangile to talk about
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by baywatch84(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2014
Yes , yes, continue I'm listening
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by baywatch84(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2014
Broda Wole, whether you like it or not GEJ till 2015
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by saintandsinnerz: 10:37am On Dec 03, 2014
omenka:
The problem with this president is that he's too damn childish, petty and impulsive. He sees anyone who gives him a blunt advice as an adversary. He prefers to dwell in company of those who lead him by the nose to his destruction cheering him on like some valiant warrior. He finds truth rather repulsive and lies edifying.

His worst enemies are those closest to him; the Abatis, Okupes, Clerks, and the Dokubos of this Nation.

But bro, do you really sleep on nairaland especially any topic concerning GEJ? I asked this because i have seen you in all the threads about GEJ. You really get time o!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by goldman777: 10:37am On Dec 03, 2014
okupe is a. gorrilla in a cage always excited toscream when the name of his zoo keeper is mentioned sorry no more free banana after the zoologist vacate aso rock soonest,hunger will kill you afterwards

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by motherlode: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2014
Please what's my business with this now undecided, as far as he is likened to NEBUCHADNEZZAR grin

i trust my GOD he deals with criminals faster than before grin
grin + shaperly + grin
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Exjoker(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2014
mifavour:
that's none of my business. ..
#sips tea gloriously
That is your business OK. Na two of us go suffer am
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by eleko1: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2014
Sori.Dem neva born u during NAdeco time?Moja mosa L'amu Akinkanju,Akinkanju to moja ti o mosa,yio b'ogun lo.Google nah ya friend.Find out more
Daguccizgreat:
The leniency of gej is giving so many ppl the impetus to make some unwarranted comments as regards the govt. Chaii! If it were the days of Abacha, soyinka will spend the rest of his life with his bunch of grey hairs in the kirikiri
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by fasbat(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://ynaija.com/presidency-fires-back-at-soyinka-over-epic-biblical-illustration/
say anything contrary to what Jonathanians crave to hear and u will be tagged 'APC' member!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Louislewis: 10:46am On Dec 03, 2014
What moral justification does he has to compare the president with Nebu...Why not speak the truth? First, do we need any force to compel the Speaker (House of Rep.) to resign before force was used on him. Why didn't Wole Soyinka and his likes, advise the Speaker to vacate his seat before forces were used on him. Why not gate jumpers adviced their leader to vacate the seat before forces were used on him. Why can't we obey a simple rule and obey and respect our president for the position he occupied. We can't say the truth when needed, but only to condemn situation when it happened, because we already have a baised mind. We must be objective when we judge.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Boss13: 10:47am On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

Your school in France must be in a bush because people in France know wole soyinka
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 10:48am On Dec 03, 2014
What sort of nonsense of this, I mean who is this man who so open his decayed shit emitting 32 to spew out lies that even a two year old can detect.

So according to GEJ and his band of irresponsive and incompetent horde of liars anybody who criticize his administration is sympathetic to the APC?.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:50am On Dec 03, 2014
saintandsinnerz:

But bro, do you really sleep on nairaland especially any topic concerning GEJ? I asked this because i have seen you in all the threads about GEJ. You really get time o!
Yes I have time. I'm on leave. You got a problem with that?? Did I borrow your time at some point and have refused to give it back
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2014
Louislewis:
What moral justification does he has to compare the president with Nebu...Why not speak the truth? First, do we need any force to compel the Speaker (House of Rep.) to resign before force was used on him. Why didn't Wole Soyinka and his likes, advise the Speaker to vacate his seat before forces were used on him. Why not gate jumpers adviced their leader to vacate the seat before forces were used on him. Why can't we obey a simple rule and obey and respect our president for the position he occupied. We can't say the truth when needed, but only to condemn situation when it happened, because we already have a baised mind. We must be objective when we judge.
Which objectivity are you referring to?. Is there anywhere in the constitution of Nigeria where its stated that the speaker should vacate his sit when he decamps?.

You should know that for one to be respected one has to command respect of be deserving of that respect.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by akinsadeez(m): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
donphilopus:
Okupe spewing balderdash as usual. He should debunk what Prof. Soyinka said and stop blaming the Opposition for everything. Okupe didn't say that what Soyinka said was false, all he's saying is that his closeness to the opposition has clouded judgement. What has this got to do with the Opposition?! What has this got to do with Amaechi?! If Amaechi replies the FG now, they would say his statement is reckless!

The above statement is pure irony. If it's not, then it's laughable!

In terms of being liberal can you compare GEJ to Obasanjo? Obasanjo did not tolerate dissent while he was president. He impeached people with impunity and chose which court judgments to obey and which to discard. The fact is that as bad as you think GEJ is, he is still the most liberal president we have had since 1999. Everyone is allowed to criticize and oppose him. Obasanjo used EFCC at any slight provocation as an attack dog. If you are really disputing it, tell us any other president whom you think was more liberal than GEJ.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by seangy4konji: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
The okupe guy will eat poo just to keep his job.

The president and his gang of criminals should be sent packing come next year.

If Soyinka had collected the stupid award gej gave his gangs of biased thieves and past looters then I would v said he also collects Ghana must go and can't say the truth.

You don't have to loose you're sense of reason because of money and automatically reason,speak and act like a gorrila. Some gorras are smart even.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by TippyTop(m): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
When is wole soyinka going to become an APC gubernitorial candidate? The man has cheapened himself.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Orunto: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
It is unusual for the Lion and Tiger to hunt together, just as it is ominous for WS and OBJ to come together from thesame corner of Nigeria to destroy a Lamb of our common Creator! There is something the two know that the rest of us don't know. They should tell the Electorate in clearer language translateable into Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo Languages.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by venivedivici(m): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
Prof is now in cahoots with APC and its a shame. Now he keeps
on blowing grammar about the problems of this country without
in the same vein preferring possible solutions.
It is easy to
castigate the president but to make meaningful suggestions is
another thing entirely. Prof needs to chill. Grammar isn't what
will help us confront the myriad issues we are facing right now.
There are many APC governors who can also be referred to as Nebuchadnezzar, e.g Amosun of Ogun state but prof won't see that one.
At this stage, Prof should be giving unbiased constructive criticism but you never see him critcize APC. I just hope he is being paid well by APC.

Profer solutions that who will implement?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Optional2(f): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2014
Abeg make dy allow us 2 hear word joor
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by 2goodbobo(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2014
Must you react to everything? Goodluck Jonathan is always reacting to other peoples comment. Stop this immature act and prove them wrong by simply making good policies that will develope Nigeria. Your perfomance should speak for you Mr President and not by replying people up and down! I wonder who is advising Mr President to be replying comment.

Their are serious issue such as Boko Haram to react and attend to and not this.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by michealewela: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

And nairaland is your class room abi?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by ypzilanti: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2014
Sorry if the truth hurts but the dude is consistent in supporting the underdog against unbridled power.

1. GEJ against YarAdua cabal. Ans: GEJ
2. Abacha against Nadeco and Nigeria. Ans: Nadeco
3. Nigeria against Biafra. Ans: Biafra

4. GEJ against Tambuwal? Fill in the blank space.

The oppressed has become the oppressor. The guy who was a victim of state power against rule of law is the State oppressor now. Its an Animal farm.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by venivedivici(m): 11:06am On Dec 03, 2014
The Lion and the Jewel
The Interpreters
The Man Died
The Road
The Trials of Brother Jero
Kongi's Harvest
Death and the King's Horseman ...and so on.. cool
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by donphilopus: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:

In terms of being liberal can you compare GEJ to Obasanjo? Obasanjo did not tolerate dissent while he was president. He impeached people with impunity and chose which court judgments to obey and which to discard. The fact is that as bad as you think GEJ is, he is still the most liberal president we have had since 1999. Everyone is allowed to criticize and oppose him. Obasanjo used EFCC at any slight provocation as an attack dog. If you are really disputing it, tell us any other president whom you think was more liberal than GEJ.

Obasanjo was using EFCC then to harass people. Now, GEJ uses DSS as his attack dog. What's the difference between the two?! Did Yaradua also attack people like these 2 guys?! Jonathan shouldn't consider himself liberal, rather clueless!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by akinsadeez(m): 11:08am On Dec 03, 2014
venivedivici:

Profer solutions that who will implement?

then why criticise that who will listen?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2014
teemanbastos:
[size=32pt]I DNT LISTEN TO WHAT A NOISEMAKER SAYS... Okupe Na 1stCLASS NOISEMAKER[/size] :-/

What and how should I describe Okupe, son of the late Chief Matthew Adekoya Okupe of the ‘Agbonmagbe’ bank?
Hmm.
Let me go and ask his former boss, Chief Oluṣẹgun Mathew Okikiọla Arẹmu Ọbasanjọ, GCFR.
Obasanjo Once Physically Beat Up Dr. Doyin Okupe For Being Dishonest - Junaid Mohamed, MD.

[size=18pt]When a medical doctor abandons his stethoscope to become a political PR man overnight, then something is terribly wrong with him. He must be a failed medical doctor.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by teemanbastos(m): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2014
Orikinla:

What and how should I describe Okupe, son of the late Chief Matthew Adekoya Okupe of the ‘Agbonmagbe’ bank?
Hmm.
Let me go and ask his former boss, Chief Oluṣẹgun Mathew Okikiọla Arẹmu Ọbasanjọ, GCFR.
Obasanjo Once Physically Beat Up Dr. Doyin Okupe For Being Dishonest - Junaid Mohamed, MD.

[size=18pt]When a medical doctor abandons his stethoscope to become a political PR man overnight, then something is terribly wrong with him. He must be a failed medical doctor.[/size]
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SSA And Son-In-Law To Kebbi Governor And His Business Card (Photo) / Show Of Shame’ — Nigerians React To Tinubu’s Chatham House Conversation / President Tinubu With World Leaders In Dubai. The Powerful 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.