Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan (31804 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper / Presidency Reacts To Rumour That Buhari Received Money From Dasuki / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by nessaluv(f): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

I don't know him cos I schooled in France.
Ds joke has gone stale nau....aren't u tired of it? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by napredboy(m): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2014
[b]truth always bitter[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by venivedivici(m): 11:14am On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:

then why criticise that who will listen?

Have you eaten breakfast, good sir?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by GhaliNaaba(m): 11:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Criticize GEJ and be tagged as APC apologist. What a clueless race!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by nerodenero: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2014
Hard truth
omenka:
The problem with this president is that he's too damn childish, petty and impulsive. He sees anyone who gives him a blunt advice as an adversary. He prefers to dwell in company of those who lead him by the nose to his destruction cheering him on like some valiant warrior. He finds truth rather repulsive and lies edifying.

His worst enemies are those closest to him; the Abatis, Okupes, Clerks, and the Dokubos of this Nation.
With due respect to office of the presidency,the response doesnt measure up to the well articulated submission of the Professor.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by MORNDEW(m): 11:28am On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:
why is it that the almighty office of mr President have been reduced to mere play ground by toutish politicians and even by a plenty award winning professor soyinka.

Soyinka suppose to be a core supporter of GEJ's rational and liberal behaviorism as an academician.

he should respect the respect bestowed on him nationally and internationally by abstaining from politics or by offering solutions to certain upheavals in the country.

is unbecoming of him making public statement instead as a stateman but as tout (barrow pusher or low grade layman)
its been long i quote people but i must inform you that all what Soyinka have been saying are absolutely correct. You can keep quiet while things go wrong in this country but Soyinka will not. So also are many othe Nigerians. About ur international and National whatever u wrote there, speaking up like this against directionlessnes, undemocratic practices and lack of respect for constituted institutions even earn him more respect.
Like John F. Kennedy will say 'The hottest part of hell is reserved for those who kept quiet when things were going wrong. Unlike many Nigerians wole wants to leave a legacy. So type something else.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by tonychristopher: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2014
SOYINKA IS A CONFUSED MAN AND HE IS FIGHTING RELEVANCE, I THOUGHT HE IS AN ATHEIST SO WHY CALLING BIBLICAL FIGURE NEBUCHADNEZZER

YOU CAN SEE THAT HE IS CONFUSED, HOW DID HE EVEN GET THAT NOBEL PRIZE?

IS IT BY WRITING THOSE PRIMARY SCHOOL PLAYS

WELL MY RESPECT FOR HIM IS NOW -45%
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Vikthor(m): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2014
angry basically care less about both of them.... GEJ or Soyinka...
... It's all about the money and interest...
I care more about money right now than those idiots... Cos I have never seen a dollar I never liked....!! cool

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by abdul4new(m): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:
why is it that the almighty office of mr President have been reduced to mere play ground by toutish politicians and even by a plenty award winning professor soyinka.

Soyinka suppose to be a core supporter of GEJ's rational and liberal behaviorism as an academician.

he should respect the respect bestowed on him nationally and internationally by abstaining from politics or by offering solutions to certain upheavals in the country.

is unbecoming of him making public statement instead as a stateman but as tout (barrow pusher or low grade layman)
Abel go siddon Jonathan apologist.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Blakyclyde(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2014
fiverrwin:
This is strong oh
Mo ni kpe, eleyi gidi gan!
Emu pankere mimo wa!!!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by fisaylab: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2014
Thank you,prof God bless u,all what do come from presidency villa na opposition here n there,nothin concrete n mentally sound.dr nebbu or king nebbu season two for 2015.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by adconline(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2014
When he, Soyinka, was campaigning for GEJ to be made president by declaring Yar'dua dead, he was called a nationalist and democrat.. But he's now a traitor for calling out the president..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Blakyclyde(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2014
MORNDEW:

its been long i quote people but i must inform you that all what Soyinka have been saying are absolutely correct. You can keep quiet while things go wrong in this country but Soyinka will not. So also are many othe Nigerians. About ur international and National whatever u wrote there, speaking up like this against directionlessnes, undemocratic practices and lack of respect for constituted institutions even earn him more respect.
Like John F. Kennedy will say 'The hottest part of hell is reserved for those who kept quiet when things were going wrong. Unlike many Nigerians wole wants to leave a legacy. So type something else.
Well thought out, bro.
But you got it wrong somewhere.
The quote you were talking about wasn't JFK's; rather, Dante the philosopher.
''The darkest places in Hell are reserved for those who choose to maintain their neutrality in times of great moral crisis.''
The quote was used in the prologue of Dan Brown's latest book, INFERNO.
*Cheers*

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2014
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

That is why you will keep washing toilet in France because even the French know him.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2014
tonychristopher:
SOYINKA IS A CONFUSED MAN AND HE IS FIGHTING RELEVANCE, I THOUGHT HE IS AN ATHEIST SO WHY CALLING BIBLICAL FIGURE NEBUCHADNEZZER

Your level of ignorance is amazing !

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by cole265(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2014
tonychristopher:

Poor you. kiss undecided
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by jeeqaa7(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
Tambuwal.. Might be a northerner but his anthics are not.. His the peoples man right now and jonathan has added credence to his relevance by engaging him in public glare . I do not wish u win d elections Jona.. I do not tambuwal does either.. U all have sucked us dry!!! I don't want u or a new set of polithievians. I want a Nigerian to lead dis country and Asap!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by MORNDEW(m): 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
Blakyclyde:

Well thought out, bro.
But you got it wrong somewhere.
The quote you were talking about wasn't JFK's; rather, Dante the philosopher.
''The darkest places in Hell are reserved for those who choose to maintain their neutrality in times of great moral crisis.''
The quote was used in the prologue of Dan Brown's latest book, INFERNO.
*Cheers*
thanks alot bro. Cheers too
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by tonychristopher: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Your level of ignorance is amazing !

dont amaze me bro with ur ignorance but amaze the facts
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by tonychristopher: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
custommarkdavid:
THE NIGERIAN CUSTOM
AUCTION MARKET. We
sell all kinds of tokunbo
vehicles at cheaper
rates, e.g Golf 2,3,4,
from N250,000-
N350,000 Toyota Camry
big daddy=N550,000
Honda accord baby
boy=N450,000 Toyota
Matrix=N550,00 Toyota
Prado=N800,000 Toyota
hiace bus=N750,000
Toyota
Avalon=N550,000
Toyota
Corolla=N350,000
Mazda=N350,000
Honda Accord end of
discussion=N550,000
Honda Evil
Spirit=N550,000 Toyota
Camry 2.2(Tiny
Light)=N350,000 Toyota
Avensis =500,000
Rav4=N450,000 Toyota
Sienna=350,000
Highlander=N600,000
Murano=N600,000
Pathfinder=550,000
Infiniti Jeep
fx35=N900,000 &
fx45=1.1m Mercedes
Benz ML350=N750,000
and many more
exclusive offers contact
the Auction sales shall
takes place at the Car
fax zone Seme Boder,
Zone 4 Custom Quater.
All vehicle engines are
in good condition. For
distance request &
requirement, please
buy contact office line
Custom Mark David 07068892291
sales manager, make
your order.

i am at customs office now in ikeja so where are u and where are the cars parked

direct me....pls post me pictures
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by olusogo: 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
tonychristopher:

Thanks to goodness you have -45% respect for Shoyinka. Don't forget you have -100% respect for your father.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by adook1: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
ahab
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by dvee2: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
Louislewis:
What moral justification does he has to compare the president with Nebu...Why not speak the truth? First, do we need any force to compel the Speaker (House of Rep.) to resign before force was used on him. Why didn't Wole Soyinka and his likes, advise the Speaker to vacate his seat before forces were used on him. Why not gate jumpers adviced their leader to vacate the seat before forces were used on him. Why can't we obey a simple rule and obey and respect our president for the position he occupied. We can't say the truth when needed, but only to condemn situation when it happened, because we already have a baised mind. We must be objective when we judge.

Some people will not even wait to understand the subject matter before commenting. My friend we are in a democratic process
In a democratic process it is allowed to disagree on principles and constitutionality, however when there is a lacuna, it is not up to the president to interprete who is right or wrong, that is reserved for the judiciary. Tambuwal base his decision on a section of the constitution, we may not agree with him, but neither the president or the police should be the one to interprete. The police can enforce only after a court pronouncement. This is soo simple.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by texazzpete(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
menesheh:

Evil proliferates when good men do nothing.

It is a shame that someone like you that is educated can call an administration that has used soldiers, police and DSS to harrass and detain opposition politicians, attack peaceful protesters and seize and destroy newspapers a 'liberal' administration.

Not since the Abacha days have we seen an administration so eager to use security forces to muzzle opposition and deny tax paying Nigerians of their fundamental human rights.

Wole Soyinka is well within his rights to speak up, and only an addled mind will find fault in what he said.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by texazzpete(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
tonychristopher:

Nebuchadnezzar WAS a historical figure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebuchadnezzar_II

Wait, you actually think it's only in the Old Testament (jewish histories) that there is information about the Babylonian and Persian empires of old?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!

And you DARE call someone 'ignorant' when you yourself have proven yourself to be a d'unce? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Damn, can't believe you are that silly. And to think you are probably going around, calling yourself and 'educated person'.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by ojsmscom(m): 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
soyinka shud better tel us what APC gave to him this time around let us pay him double of that
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by aimuan(m): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
Prof is now in cahoots with APC and its a shame. Now he keeps
on blowing grammar about the problems of this country without
in the same vein proferring possible solutions. It is easy to
castigate the president but to make meaningful suggestions is
another thing entirely. Prof needs to chill. Grammar isn't what
will help us confront the myriad issues we are facing right now.
There are many APC governors who can also be referred to as Nebuchadnezzar, e.g Amosun of Ogun state but prof won't see that one.
At this stage, Prof should be giving unbiased constructive criticism but you never see him critcize APC. I just hope he is being paid well by APC.
why do you hate someone that speaks the truth?waiting for the answer pls.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Elan83(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dat prof, is a m0r0n & an unpetrotic twart,, infct dat educated illitrate needs a V.I.P treatment, i honestly dnt kno y dat old man hs bcom very unreasonable! Twaddler!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Orunto: 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
PEACE IS ONLY KNOWN TO BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN. THE DEVIL ALWAYS WRESTLES FOR PEACE FROM HE WHO HAS IT. THE LORD WATCHES OVER THE WAYS OF THE RIGHTEOUS BUT THE WAYS OF THE WICKED SHALL PERISH! NO MAN IS APPOINTED TO JUDGE OTHERS AND THOSE WHO JUDGE, DO SO FOR MAN.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by MOSSADII(m): 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
tehe tehe tehe! and you live in brazil??
drizzytee:
who is wole soyinka

Re: Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan by Suntemi(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
Jostico:
who go skul
abeg interpret for me.

Okupe talk say Prof. Wole don dey do padipadi too much with them APC people if not him no for talk say Johathan be like Nebuchadnezzar with all the good good things wey president Jona dey do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Apologized To Buhari Over Endorsement Of Atiku / 10 Takeaways From Oshiomhole’s Victory / President Tinubu With World Leaders In Dubai. The Powerful 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.