Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) (28436 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Costlybabe:
What!!!!I hope its not that serious ooo,he no go better for any kleptomania oooo

Thnkx and sori for the delay in updating
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
stuff46:
hardluck, wishinq you quick recovery

Thnks and sori for the delay in updating
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
jaymomma:
OMG!!! Sorry Marioking. God'll restore in multiple folds all U've lost. Get well soon bro

Amen and thanks so much my sister.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
bigwig97:
i don show oh.....d story z gettin sweeter...ride on

You are welcome bro
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2015

CONTINUATION

Life in the 'world' was extremely different from the way our tutors, i mean the nuns in the orphanage portrait it to us. We were always taught that men are some kind of vile that must be ignore by we ladies and the boys were taught to always try and maintain some distance from we ladies. I initially found it difficult to relate with men most especially Tumininu the younger brother of Mrs. Kolawole. He was always trying all his possible best to be kind and affectionate to me which i easily resent.

Working in the bank was very strenuous as it requires total dedication and handwork to cope with the rigorous and influx of customers each day. i would leave home around six in the morning so as to avoid being jammed in the heavy traffic of Lagos city. I found the job very exciting and full of fun. My job was to always analyses the computerised works in the bank and also ensure that the internet connections between our branch, the customers' various banks and our own headquarter is in good shape. it even make it possible for me to avoid Tumininu, as he has been behaving too affectionate to me these days and i found it impossible to love him because i discovered that i wasn't the type be in childish love. i felt that i needed something more real from lust.

After finishing in the bank around four in the afternoon, i would have to wait so as to round off for the day and prepare before hand for the next day. i would hurriedly take a cab back home. But Tumininu would be there to make the home more boring and full of his so-called love poems for me.

He tried his possible best to made me love him but the more i tried to love him the more i hated him. i still wondered the reason behind it till date.

"Why are you so callous?" he queried me in the dinning table one Saturday afternoon when i didnt go to work.

"I am not callous, its just that i cant bring myself to love you." i told him with pity as i continue with my lunch.

"Oh! are you telling me that your heart was made of stone?" he chuckled out the question.

"Now don't be ridiculous and hilarious, its not like that." i retorted as i stood up to pack the plates.

He did the unexpected and rushed to me, he kissed me and fondled my br'east; i slapped and pushed him away.

"I will have to report you to Aunty if you continue like this." i fired out the warning to him.

"Go ahead and do so, is it a crime for me to love and cherished you from our childhood?" he said amidst tears as he left.

i took pity on him as i couldn't bring myself to love him no matter what. I made my mind to look for an apartment of my own as soon as possible.

To be continue...

1 Like

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
nxt please... more mb to ur phone
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Jennydoris(f): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
bigwig97:

Seconded... Happy New Year Everyone...
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
CHAPTER FIVE

The bank I was working with was located in Ikeja, so I have to find a house not very far from ikeja and fortunately for me, the caretaker secure one for me at a place not far from Muritala International airport.

I quickly informed Mrs Kolawole about the development citing the reason as my lateness to work instead of the main truth about Tumininu.

"When have you been thinking about this." She inquired with keen interest.

"It's not like that ma, my boss have been complaining of my lateness to work and it is the traffic hold-up from here to ikeja that have been causing it." I lied and paused to checked her reaction and then continue "that is why I decided to find a place not far from my office."

"Okay o." She closed the matter with a sigh.

She gave me her blessings and her husband took it upon himself to furnish the one room apartment.

I moved there the following week and sighed for relief from the harassment of Tumininu.

1 Like

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
bigwig97:

Thanks bro
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
Jennydoris:

Seconded... Happy New Year Everyone...

Same here in arrears my Lady
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
CONTINUATION

My colleagues at work always made jest of me and always taunt me that when would they know my boyfriend but I always parried their question with a simple answer that I haven't found the right man for me.

As a bank worker, people were making different advances which I always turn down instantly towards me.

After two years in the banking job, I resigned and took up a job with an ICT company as their Computer Analyst. This new job gave me enough time for myself and it also gave me time to further my study in the university as a part-time student.

I now made it my habit to be visiting the cinema house every saturday evening to while away time and to catch some fun.

It was on a spectacular saturday that I met Funto. Oh my Funto! if possible I would have been re-living the day each passing day so as to always feel and cherish that special feelings.

They were showing The Terminator series film that particular day. I sat at my usual corner at the entrance to the hall. I chose this place because I don't want to be disturb by the passerby who were fond of coming late and bumping into someone.

The film has gotten underway in the middle when one man bumped into me from nowhere.

"I am sorry for coming late." He apologised as he scrambled into the seat.

I was wondering what on earth concerned me about his lateness and apology when he continue.

"I am a big fan of Arnold and I hate people disturbing me whenever I a watching his movies hence my apology because you strike me as one of his fans too ." He explained

"I see." I managed to muttered out and concentrated back on the film I am watching.

"I sometimes took pity on young Connor for the task put on him in so young an age." He pointed out and this drew my attention to him.

He was in his late thirty and if I guess right thirty eight, a sparse grey hair could be spotted on the right side of his head. He was strongly built and have a well shaved head.

"Likewise me." I responded as I shifted back a little so as to studied him more.

I found out that he must be a well to do man from his appearance. He was neatly dressed in a Sparkling White Buba and Soro with a blue cap, and he held a gold-rimmed glasses in his left hand. He wore a Rolex wristwatch on his right hand which I found strange and as he smiled across to me, I saw his full set, white teeth.

I missed some episodes in the movies when studying this strange man! When the first has finished, I started for the door and he intercepted me.

"Please will you mind a glass of juice with me at the bar right across the road?" He persuaded me and I for the first time accepted such offer from a stranger.

I kept on starring at him as we sat down in the bar. He lit a cigarette and offered me one but I politely told him that I don't smoke.

We went back to the movie house and finished the film. We chatted all through the film and it was more enjoyable than all my previous ones. He offered me a ride to my apartment and he promised to catch up with me some days.

Three weeks went by and I didn't see him but my mind kept reminding me of him. But he eventually showed up exactly a month after and it seems it has been ages I saw him last.

I discovered that I am having some strange feelings for this stranger called Funto.

1 Like

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Jennydoris(f): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
marioking:

Same here in arrears my Lady

You're welcome
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
With the issue of plagiarism been attended to now, its my pleasure to let you know that this story will soon kick-off again! Thanks for understanding
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by OlufemiWhit(m): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
nice story bro....
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
marioking:
With the issue of plagiarism been attended to now, its my pleasure to let you know that this story will soon kick-off again! Thanks for understanding
Heeeee! ope oh! we are waiting eagerly bro
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2015
CHAPTER SIX

Its now over a months that I have heard or see Funto last, I still goes to the Cinema as customary attitude I picked up or let me say I could remembered of my late parents. They used to take me out on weekend to the cinema to watch the kiddies show and it has always stayed with me.

I started having some strange feelings which I could not fathom out. I decided to inquire from my friend; Toyin, the reason why I could not get the picture of Funto, a stranger I just met in the cinema away from my head.

She laughed out hysterically and I felt embarrassed, she noticed this and asked immediately "Have you ever fell in love?"

"Love?" I asked her in confusion because I have never had any feelings like that before.

"Yes, that feeling you are having is called love." She explained to me. "And if I may ask, who is this lucky guy o?" She added the question with a funny and yet inquisitive face.

"Oh it's nothing." I quickly brushed off her question to stop further interrogation from Toyin.

Who is this man? What type of person is he? And why on earth would I be in love with that stranger?..... These and many more questions flooded my mind.

I closed for the day around 2pm and headed straight to my house. As I alighted from the bus and while climbing the staircase to my one room apartment, I decided to check maybe I hadn't forgot my key just like yesterday which made me to be embarrassed by our caretaker for asking for the spare keys. I bent my head and continue to ransacked my hand bag to check it was there and lo and behold I collided with the man in my head Funto!

TO BE CONTINUE

1 Like

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2015
OlufemiWhit:
nice story bro....

Thanks boss
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2015
hmmm! next pls
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2015
bigwig97:
Heeeee! ope oh! we are waiting eagerly bro

Thanks my colleague....you are doing great on your story ooo
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2015
CONTINUATION

I stood rooted to the spot I was, I gulped like twice before I could found a suitable word to greet him.

"Hey." I managed to muttered out at last.

"I have been knocking on your door for the past five minutes." He answered with a smile that ate deep into his handsome face, he pointed out to the indicator on my door that pointed to 'Inside' on the lists.

"Oh! I forgot to changed that when I was leaving in the morning, I am deeply sorry." I explained and pleaded which he accepted with a laugh.

I hastily led him to my one room apartment and I sat him down in the sitting room while I went in to the bathroom to have a quick shower.

I came out to met him busy engrossed in my old photo album.

"You are cheeky and beautiful while you were young." He said without raising his head and continues "but not as beautiful as you are now." He finished and he carefully placed it back on the old TV set on my table.

"Thanks so much for the compliment." I told him. "By the way, how do you manage to squeezed out of your time to see me here." I asked him.

"Well all that matters is that I am here now, how, why, or whatever shouldn't come in." He answered with a smile and I let go of the question. At least I have been missing him like hell for the past few days!

"Today is friday and I thought maybe we can go to the cinema to catch some fun together." He said but I can't say maybe that was a request or an order. I quickly went in and picked a dark gloomy shirt and I noticed that he just looked at me and didn't made any comment.

We hopped into his sport car and set off to the Theater, we stopped at a restaurant on our way to the Theater and ate lunch there because I haven't eaten my lunch that afternoon.

After the lunch we went to watch some movies which were some india opera about a slave girl that was sold by her greedy father. We finished watching the movie around 7pm in the night and he took me back home.

We didn't exchange much words on our way home, just the normal talk of the town about politics, economy and the present global warming. I found out that he was so enchanting with the way he communicates and he was radiant all through our way back home.

He dropped me and his face was gloomy as he turned to took off; I promised myself to ask him the following day, which is saturday because he has promised to take me out for the weekend, the reason why he was gloomy.

We bade ourselves goodnight and I went to bed that night with a light heart and anxiously waiting for the tomorrow to come.

1 Like

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
No comment so far

Chai
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
marioking:
No comment so far

Chai
no vex, bro. I just finish reading now ni jare. It's making brain big time but I noticed so errors;
- In the 2nd to the last paragraph, you wrote '... turned to took off' in the stead of '... turned to take off'
- In the last 3 paragraphs or there about, you didn't use 'comma' at all, and this made me spend alot of time reading.

#JustSaying
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
bigwig97:
no vex, bro. I just finish reading now ni jare. It's making brain big time but I noticed so errors;
- In the 2nd to the last paragraph, you wrote '... turned to took off' in the stead of '... turned to take off'
- In the last 3 paragraphs or there about, you didn't use 'comma' at all, and this made me spend alot of time reading.

#JustSaying

Thanks so much for that....I will amend right now
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by jaymomma(f): 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Didn't know u v continued ds lovely story. Nice work.

More pls
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
jaymomma:
Didn't know u v continued ds lovely story. Nice work.

More pls

Thanks ma'm I have! And thanks for staying tuned

Update(s) drops tomorrow morning
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 02, 2015
Wow!loving dis story
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 05, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Wow!loving dis story

Thanks and Happy Easter
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 05, 2015
CHAPTER SEVEN

I couldn't sleep properly that night, all my thoughts was about Funto; what does he actually want from me, will he be angry if he discovered that I am in love with him? What if he just like me as a friend?

All these questions kept pumping up my brain till I fell asleep.

Funto came as he promised and he took me out to a very nice relaxation joint.

I was dressed in my best which was a bright red gown with a blue strip at the helm and a colourful bag, Funto on his own wore a sparkling white Buba and Soro which I discovered that it is typical of him, he put on a red cap with a blue strip in the middle!

He made a joke out of it that I copied his trademark blue-strip which I jokingly brush aside, beside, it was mere coincidence.

He was very playful and carefree that day and I was in my best mood. He kept on looking into my eyes time to time, all of a sudden he told me to close my eyes because he wanted to give me something.

I closed my eyes and two minutes after, he asked me to open it. Lo and behold, he was holding a Sparkling diamond ring on his right hand!

"Will you please marry me?" He said and was on his knee already.

Tears started streaming down my eyes, here is a stranger that we had barely known each other proposing to me and my heart has been captivated already!

"Yes I will." Was all I muttered out.

People there in fun-park were already clapping and cheering us on.

He inserted the ring into my middle finger and I dragged him up to face me, he kissed me passionately and wow! This was quite different from the one Tumininu forced me to do back then, I felt something in me has woken up never to die again. Tears continued to flow endlessly from my eyes and......I woke up with tears still streaming from my eyes

HAPPY EASTER MY PEOPLE

May Lord bless you all on this auspicious day of Easter, and May it be a new beginning of greater prosperity, success and happiness.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Chimdim: 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
Amen and the same to u, thanks for the update, more ink to ur pen
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Same to you, bro.
the last update was really captivating. nice job.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
CONTINUATION

I wiped the tears with a napkin from the table beside my bed and burst out into laughter.

"How could dreams be so funny like this?" I said to myself and sit up to clean up my apartment since the day was the last Saturday of the month and there won't be any movement or traffic till 10am in the morning.

9:30AM
I hastily took my bath and unconsciousness put on the same dress I wore in my dream, (I later know this). I sat at my reading table anxiously waiting for Funto.

He came around 10am as he promised and knocked at my door.

"Evie...." He called out. This was the first time he would called me that and that is the name he sticks with till I saw last!

"Romantic isn't it?" Evelyn asked Chris, who was listening with all his attention.

"Quite romantic." Chris answered and Evelyn continues her story.

I stepped out majestically from my room to open the door for him and what amazes till today was that he was putting on the same dress he wore in my dream!

I covered my mouth with my hands in deep astonishment.

"Can I come in?" He woke me from my trance.

"Yes you can." I stepped out of the way for him to give way for him, the scent of his sweet smelling perfume covered the whole room.

"Why are you in a state of astonishment?" He asked as he sat down on the little settee. "Abi I am not properly dressed?" He said the last word with a chuckle.

"Far from that, I was er er just..." I kept on murmuring some jargons because I couldn't find an answer to what was happening.

I started acting nervy because I don't know what he might say next.

"No problem, can we now leave?" He asked me not convinced maybe I would follow him.

"Okay, let's go." And we stepped out into the street in his sport car.

We stopped at a relaxation centre to had some fun to start the day.

He ordered for his normal white Vodka and I asked for Maltina. He pulled out a cigarette from his cigarette box and lit one.

He was calmed and the wrinkle on his face disappeared. I discovered he was always calm whenever he is with me.

"So tell me more about yourself." He said as he cleared his throat.

I narrated my life-story to him not mincing a word.

"You've had it rough." He said and held my hand for a short while. I felt a tingling sensation run down my system.

"I don't like people pitying me." I told him and quickly braced myself up.

"Stubborn little Evie." He added amidst chuckle.

"I think its your turn to tell me about yourself." I told him waiting for his reaction.

He was calmed as usual but I noticed that he raised an eyebrow, he poured himself another glass of wine and started talking.

" I am Funto, and I am married with twins." He started and looked up to checked for my reaction which was what he expected. I was shocked to the bone, my face turned white and my hope of having him was dashed for a moment.

He then went ahead to tell me about how beautiful and glamorous her Model wife is, how their marriage has been going down the hill starting from the day they welcomed their twins, Sharon and Rose.

Funto came back very late from work one day and met his wife playing with Rose on their bed. They had always give a separate room to their twins since they've turned 9 months. But today was unusual because the twins and their mother was on bed that night.

Tonia have always been telling Funto that she doesn't want kids anymore but to bring the kids to their room today was another thing entirely.

"Hey Rosie and my Sharon!" He said as he touched their cheeks in turn. "There wasn't any flower in the world before you were born." He told the one year babies and they made a funny face.

He went to the bathroom and showered hoping that Tonia would have taken the girls to their room before he finishes.

To his amazement he met them asleep already on the bed.

"Sweet, I can't understand this." Funto pointed out.

"I can't stand getting deteriorating with s'exual life and you know I'm a Model."

"That's what you always say." Funto said with fury yet calm and look straight into her eyes. "I promise that I will never ask for it anymore." Funto said and went straight to the babies' room. From that day, he turned the room to his own.

Their lives started drifting apart but Funto could not stand the chance of divorcing because of their daughters.

He called her one day and had discussion with her on the issue but she called him bluff and told him that she is only interested in their daughters.

He contemplated divorce but the pains it will cause their daughter stopped him from getting one.

Funto statrted living a celibacy life since then till the day he met Evelyn in the theater.

"That is all about me." He concluded.

"What about your other live? Your job and other things?" I asked him inquisitively.

"Well I am Funto Brian." He answered and bowed out of shyness.

I couldn't believed my eyes. This is the famous, wealthy and powerful Funto Brian!

I rose in surprise and grabbed my handbag to leave the place because Funto was a powerful and societal man. And I couldn't compete or rival his beautiful wife.

He grabbed my hand and for the first time I couldn't believe my eyes what I am seeing.

This update is for bigwig97 chimdim jollyjoy and jaymomma

1 Like

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Chimdim:
Amen and the same to u, thanks for the update, more ink to ur pen

Thanks bro...happy sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Perfect Wedding / Online Journalism For Writers / Red Night (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.