Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War (1450 Views)

Biodun Olujimi Admits To Buying Votes In Leaked Text Message / Re: President Jonathan Accused Of Falsifying His Age / Buhari campaign pictures in Abia state, gets traditional title. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by tianshie(m): 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2006
A photographer with Reuters, Adnon Hajj has admitted to doctoring photos of smoke billowing from buildings in Beirut. Apparently,the Beirut based Hajj had employed photo shop to make the smoke look darker to suggest heavier damage.

Another picture of an israeli F-16 fighter which the reporter said was firing off missiles was actually firing defensive flares and the flares had been increased to suggest it was firing more to create more damage and try to win sympathy for the Lebanese.

This is very serious. If we can't believe what we see or hear from a respectable organisation like Reuters,who's to say other "respectable" agencies aren't following suit.
Here's an obvious case of the more you look the less you see.

Please people I would like to know your opinion on this.

For those interested the link is http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3287774,00.html

Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by diddy4(m): 3:38am On Aug 11, 2006
this was my first though exacly. it is true they are fighting a war but isreal still got a heart unlike them. i didnt believe most of the things they said.
Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by otokx(m): 8:46am On Aug 11, 2006
The IDF is a disciplined side and always take all necessary steps to minimize civillian casualty. The western press are all giving misleading reports of the middle east crises because their respective governments are getting more income from the sale of arms to both parties.
Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by tianshie(m): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2006
@otokx
The west are masters at hypocrisy.Mobutu learnt the hard way.
Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by Seun(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2006
This is no western conspiracy; it's simply the work of one unprincipled photographer.
Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by tianshie(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2006
I was only referring to how they're selling arms to both sides on one hand and criticising them on the other.
Western "Bojuboju".
Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by micolala(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2006
Guess how many Hajj are there perpetrating this act.
Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by scribe(m): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2006
I was only referring to how they're selling arms to both sides on one hand and criticising them on the other.
Western "Bojuboju".
I quite agree with you. The west is not being sincere with their so called WOLRD PEACE MISSION. They are always on the look out for economic gains.
Re: Reuters Admits To Falsifying Pictures In Israel-lebanon War by tianshie(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2006
scribe:

The west is not being sincere with their so called WOLRD PEACE MISSION. They are always on the look out for economic gains.
You couldn't have put it better.After all they came to Africa waving a white kerchief and bible which they quickly replaced with a rifle and menacing grunts.
Their tactics today are not far different.

(1) (Reply)

Politics And Religion: Is Nigeria Sending A Wrong Message To Africa ? / Why New Coins, Notes Bear No Arabic Inscriptions, By Soludo, CBN Governor / Is This in Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.