Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Nigerian Students In China - Education (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In China (295626 Views)

How Students In ANSU Iron Their Matriculation Gown Today / Nigerian Students In Germany Annual Gathering (Photos) / Nigerian Students In Ghana Pay N155 Billion As Tuition Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In China by sudo1986: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Chidon40:
For those on scholarship applying for visa

This is the requirements I received from Chinese embassy in LAGOS

The required documents for a full scholarship study visa application are as listed below;
JW202 form

Admission Letter and scholarship award letter

On line completed application form

2 pages of your international passport data page (with a minimum of six (6) months validity)

Police character certificate with finger prints.

Foreigners physical examination record form with results and receipts attached to it

Previous results and certificates.

Flight itinery

Birth certificate

Two white background passport photograph
*If there would be any expenses incured on your path like flight booking, up keep, e.t.c., you would have to provide a sponsorship documentation as follows:

Letter of sponsorship

Proof of relationship with sponsor

Sponsor's bank statement, personal and corporate(if applicable)

Documents to show sponsor's source of income like;
Company CAC and memorandum (for company owners and directors)
In the case of company employees, provide:
Work ID card
Employment Letter
Payslip for the last six months.

I hate them in that Lagos consulate
Ill rather go to Abuja
Why sponsorship letter again. My sponsor doesn't have any ID card of anything
What he game me are
1. International passport
2. British passport
3. Bank transaction history where the balance is £118
4. Sponsorship letter
5. Birth certificate
Re: Nigerian Students In China by mkmyers45(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
RealTrump:

Hi, i already have the police report. What I mean is the foreign affairs ministry verification and embassy verification.

Did you travel down to Abuja for the foreign affairs ministry verification or did you do it in Lagos? And how Long did it take?

You can do MFA authorization within a day and you dont need to embassy own
Re: Nigerian Students In China by RealTrump: 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
mkmyers45:

You can do MFA authorization within a day and you dont need to embassy own

Please can you tell me about the MFA? Thanks, I have No idea
Re: Nigerian Students In China by efomzy: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
please how much is the estimated living expenses per month for a student in chinese universities. I wana know how much i can save per month. I got scholarship into xian shiyou university, also for off campus accomodation
Re: Nigerian Students In China by NEEZY5565(m): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2018
Does anybody have a number I can call in Abuja embassy to know the requirements for self sponsorship x visa. Plss
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Solomon27(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2018
Chidon40:

The required documents for a full scholarship study visa application are as listed below;
JW202 form

2 pages of your international passport data page (with a minimum of six (6) months validity)

Foreigners physical examination record form with results and receipts attached to it

Flight itinery

Birth certificate

*If there would be any expenses incured on your path like flight booking, up keep, e.t.c., you would have to provide a sponsorship documentation as follows:

Letter of sponsorship

Work ID card
Employment Letter

What if it is full scholarship with monthly stipends, do we still to provide all the sponsorship documentation?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by RealTrump: 7:53am On Aug 07, 2018
efomzy:
please how much is the estimated living expenses per month for a student in chinese universities. I wana know how much i can save per month. I got scholarship into xian shiyou university, also for off campus accomodation

If it comes with free accommodation, 800 to 1400. The school could allow you to rent a house off campus and give you the monetary equivalent. But if you can't speak a tiny bit of the language, perhaps you still stay on campus unless you are moving in with a friend or familiar faces. Most times you can't compare accommodation of chinese schools to Nigeria, even if the name of the school is Babcock or American U of Nigeria.

Your spending will be affected by whether or not you go out at night for drinks, whether you want to eat Nigerian food especially when d supply you brought in from home finishes. Nigerian food are very expensive.

If you are not moving in with a friend or familiar faces, stay on campus for th main time. Why? You can't take a bus, you can't speak with the courier guy, you can't buy water, you can't make a complaint about the house cos u have no idea what to say. Etc etc if you have more questions, I can answer it here so others can benefit.peace
Re: Nigerian Students In China by RealTrump: 8:13am On Aug 07, 2018
Solomon27:

What if it is full scholarship with monthly stipends, do we still to provide all the sponsorship documentation?

OK, I will do a breakdown. Cost of food in most school canteen is 10kuai per meal. Three meals per day, 30 days a week, that's 900kuai on food alone. You need to buy water to drink and that's like 30kaui max for 3 bottles of water per month. Transport, a piece of clothe, shoe, miscellaneous... Let's say 300 kuai for the month. That puts u at 1200 per month on expenses n u will be fine. But you can spend lesser or more than that? U might want to ditch the 10 kuai meal and eat the one of 17kuai a few times. You might crave some fries or burger to pizza, and this might add to your expenses. But, you can also cook. With 15 kuai, u can make a nice fish stew, especially if you go with your Nigerian ingredients. But, it will come to a point when u really want Nigerian food. You can buy their vegetables, you can do ogbono or egusi n freeze it. The only issue is what you want to eat with the soup. If u do some home cooking WITH CHINESE SOURCED INGREDIENTS, you should spend around 1000 per month. BUT if you buy Nigerian food like palm oil, egusi, semo, poundo yam, maggi, wheat etc from China, then your cost might raise to 1400 per month. You will be well fed tho. You should cook sometimes cos chinese food will eventually tire u. Just open YouTube, I cook better than most Naija girls and all Na YouTube o. Whatever you do, eat well. I don't believe in saving money at the expense of food. Lots of people do it tho,

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In China by Solomon27(m): 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
RealTrump:

OK, I will do a breakdown. Cost of food in most school canteen is 10kuai per meal. Three meals per day, 30 days a week, that's 900kuai on food alone. You need to buy water to drink and that's like 30kaui max for 3 bottles of water per month. Transport, a piece of clothe, shoe, miscellaneous... Let's say 300 kuai for the month. That puts u at 1200 per month on expenses n u will be fine. But you can spend lesser or more than that? U might want to ditch the 10 kuai meal and eat the one of 17kuai a few times. You might crave some fries or burger to pizza, and this might add to your expenses. But, you can also cook. With 15 kuai, u can make a nice fish stew, especially if you go with your Nigerian ingredients. But, it will come to a point when u really want Nigerian food. You can buy their vegetables, you can do ogbono or egusi n freeze it. The only issue is what you want to eat with the soup. If u do some home cooking WITH CHINESE SOURCED INGREDIENTS, you should spend around 1000 per month. BUT if you buy Nigerian food like palm oil, egusi, semo, poundo yam, maggi, wheat etc from China, then your cost might raise to 1400 per month. You will be well fed tho. You should cook sometimes cos chinese food will eventually tire u. Just open YouTube, I cook better than most Naija girls and all Na YouTube o. Whatever you do, eat well. I don't believe in saving money at the expense of food. Lots of people do it tho,

Are you saying the 1000 rmb stipend monthly won't be enough?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by efomzy: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2018
Plz wat kind of foodstuffs can I carry...I already bought garri, egusi, ogbono, crayfish, stock fish, Maggi and kuli kuli. Plz wat more can I add to my luggage
Re: Nigerian Students In China by RealTrump: 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
Solomon27:

Are you saying the 1000 rmb stipend monthly won't be enough?

Well, you know this thing is not mathematics. 1k should be enough if you cook a bit. If you don't buy any food outside at all, then maybe 800.

The expenses only goes up a bit when you want to buy n cook Nigerian foodstuffs in China. Your food from home will run out in 3 to 4 months. But definitely, 1k should be enough, I don't know much about your university but the city should be an affordable one. 1k is definitely enough. But buying nigerian foodstuffs in China, going for a few drinks, fast foods or girls would make you easily cross that mark.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by sudo1986: 7:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
RealTrump:

Well, you know this thing is not mathematics. 1k should be enough if you cook a bit. If you don't buy any food outside at all, then maybe 800.

The expenses only goes up a bit when you want to buy n cook Nigerian foodstuffs in China. Your food from home will run out in 3 to 4 months. But definitely, 1k should be enough, I don't know much about your university but the city should be an affordable one. 1k is definitely enough. But buying nigerian foodstuffs in China, going for a few drinks, fast foods or girls would make you easily cross that mark.

For me o, I want to be cooking
My monthly stipend is 1,700¥ and I need to save a little beat
Which food will you carry with bag that will not exceed 35kg that will last for 3 months?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by ICECOLD007: 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hello,
Please I need list of Documents required in Abuja for X1 visa.

My documents are not complete. i need to get them all before submitting my application.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Chidon40: 11:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
If the scholarship does not cover your flight ticket, then you need sponsorship documents

Solomon27:

Re: Nigerian Students In China by crownwell: 3:34am On Aug 08, 2018
good morning pls I need a
answers,...... is there any possibility that there are some school in China that resumes late September ?
2 pls is it advisable for me to go with Nigeria cooking ingredients
3 my scholarship stepend is ¥500 as an undergraduate student ....my question is will it be enough for a month?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by skitozblog: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2018
crownwell:
good morning pls I need a
answers,...... is there any possibility that there are some school in China that resumes late September ?
2 pls is it advisable for me to go with Nigeria cooking ingredients
3 my scholarship stepend is ¥500 as an undergraduate student ....my question is will it be enough for a month?
500 yuan too small
Re: Nigerian Students In China by RealTrump: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
This news is true, I know a Nigerian in Nanjing who works and school. msc

will give international students work options

Zou Shuo PandaGuides Yesterday
Press "PandaGuides" above to follow us!

China will allow international students at Chinese universities nationwide to take part-time jobs during their studies to make the country's higher educational system more attractive, the Ministry of Education said in a statement.

The government has been introducing a number of exploratory changes allowing international students in Beijing and Shanghai to take part-time jobs or internships off campus as long as they obtain approval from their academic institutions and the entry and exit administrative authorities.

In 2015, Shanghai, one of the educational innovators, implemented a pilot policy that enables international students who have graduated from a Chinese university to accept internships or to start their own business in the Zhangjiang National Innovation Demonstration Zone for up to two years after graduation.

One year later, the city further eased the restriction and started to allow international students to start a business at the zone during their studies.

In 2016, the Ministry of Public Security implemented new policies to allow foreign students recommended by their host universities in Beijing to take part-time jobs with companies in the city's Zhongguancun Science Park or become involved in entrepreneurship in the area, where they get an annotation of "entrepreneurship" added to their student visa.

In early 2017, the central government introduced a program for international students with postgraduate degrees or who had attended "well-known" universities to obtain Chinese work permits after graduation. Previously, international students and those with degrees obtained overseas had to have a minimum of two years' work experience outside China before they could apply for a work visa.

Wang Huiyao, an independent think tank based in Beijing, said it makes sense for the country to more broadly expand such innovative policies since it serves the strategy of reinvigorating China's workforce development.

While these changes to visa policies are quite small and specifically targeted, they are positive signs that the government is considering opening up more opportunities for international students to undertake part-time work during their studies and have work opportunities upon graduation.

Foreign employees can give domestic enterprises an advantage as they expand overseas, plus it's only logical that these graduates want to put into practice what they have learned, he added.

Fang Ruting of the international students office at Renmin University of China in Beijing said there is an increasing demand for international students at the university to apply for internships to take advantage of China's rapid development.

The university has worked with large State-owned enterprises, multinational corporations and embassies in China to secure internship opportunities for international students, she said.

Australian student Thomas Linnette described the relaxed policies as a "welcome change" and said he expects there will be a large increase in students seeking part-time jobs and new graduates seeking employment in China.

The 21-year-old Tsinghua University student finished an internship at consultancy firm KPMG, where he analyzed China's outbound investment trends. He will soon start another internship at ride-hailing company Didi Chuxing.

"I love China. I have a girlfriend here, and I'm ready to start my life here with her after I graduate," he said.

"China is growing quite fast, with new and innovative industries springing up every day," Linnette added. "I want to seize this growth opportunity and grow with China."

Source: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Please do u know the current Chinese visa address in Lagos. I am seeing different addresses
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
Chidon40:

JW202 form

Flight itinery

Birth certificate

Letter of sponsorship

Work ID card
Employment Letter

Please do u know the current Chinese visa address in Lagos. I am seeing different addresses
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
sudo1986:

We shall wait for a guy that is going to embassy tomorrow.
Though the guy went there on Thursday last two weeks and everything was given to him to see

He said for MSC, he didn't see any police clearance and authentication there. The only thing he doesn't have is the statement of sponsorship as he is going through partial scholarship....

That is the report for now

Re: Nigerian Students In China by mkmyers45(m): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
RealTrump:

Please can you tell me about the MFA? Thanks, I have No idea

Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in charge of authentication documents for foreign purposes
Re: Nigerian Students In China by skitozblog: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
mkmyers45:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in charge of authentication documents for foreign purposes
where can you find them
Re: Nigerian Students In China by mkmyers45(m): 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
skitozblog:
where can you find them

Abuja
Re: Nigerian Students In China by chichisun(m): 3:45am On Aug 09, 2018
RealTrump:
This news is true, I know a Nigerian in Nanjing who works and school. msc

will give international students work options

Zou Shuo PandaGuides Yesterday
Press "PandaGuides" above to follow us!This is a welcome development.It means international students are now allowed to take part time jobs while studying with their study visa. Also the possibility of getting employed after graduation is now possible as against the usual practice before when it is crime to work with a study visa

China will allow international students at Chinese universities nationwide to take part-time jobs during their studies to make the country's higher educational system more attractive, the Ministry of Education said in a statement.

The government has been introducing a number of exploratory changes allowing international students in Beijing and Shanghai to take part-time jobs or internships off campus as long as they obtain approval from their academic institutions and the entry and exit administrative authorities.

In 2015, Shanghai, one of the educational innovators, implemented a pilot policy that enables international students who have graduated from a Chinese university to accept internships or to start their own business in the Zhangjiang National Innovation Demonstration Zone for up to two years after graduation.

One year later, the city further eased the restriction and started to allow international students to start a business at the zone during their studies.

In 2016, the Ministry of Public Security implemented new policies to allow foreign students recommended by their host universities in Beijing to take part-time jobs with companies in the city's Zhongguancun Science Park or become involved in entrepreneurship in the area, where they get an annotation of "entrepreneurship" added to their student visa.

In early 2017, the central government introduced a program for international students with postgraduate degrees or who had attended "well-known" universities to obtain Chinese work permits after graduation. Previously, international students and those with degrees obtained overseas had to have a minimum of two years' work experience outside China before they could apply for a work visa.

Wang Huiyao, an independent think tank based in Beijing, said it makes sense for the country to more broadly expand such innovative policies since it serves the strategy of reinvigorating China's workforce development.

While these changes to visa policies are quite small and specifically targeted, they are positive signs that the government is considering opening up more opportunities for international students to undertake part-time work during their studies and have work opportunities upon graduation.

Foreign employees can give domestic enterprises an advantage as they expand overseas, plus it's only logical that these graduates want to put into practice what they have learned, he added.

Fang Ruting of the international students office at Renmin University of China in Beijing said there is an increasing demand for international students at the university to apply for internships to take advantage of China's rapid development.

The university has worked with large State-owned enterprises, multinational corporations and embassies in China to secure internship opportunities for international students, she said.

Australian student Thomas Linnette described the relaxed policies as a "welcome change" and said he expects there will be a large increase in students seeking part-time jobs and new graduates seeking employment in China.

The 21-year-old Tsinghua University student finished an internship at consultancy firm KPMG, where he analyzed China's outbound investment trends. He will soon start another internship at ride-hailing company Didi Chuxing.

"I love China. I have a girlfriend here, and I'm ready to start my life here with her after I graduate," he said.

"China is growing quite fast, with new and innovative industries springing up every day," Linnette added. "I want to seize this growth opportunity and grow with China."

Source: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn
Re: Nigerian Students In China by larmeedeh: 5:40am On Aug 09, 2018
Hi,
Please i need someone's help for Pre-university program for my sister.
Can anyone recommend a School for Nursing Program that accepts Nigerians.
Also, must i put in financial statement when filling application ?
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Moley22(m): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2018
larmeedeh:
Hi,
Please i need someone's help for Pre-university program for my sister.
Can anyone recommend a School for Nursing Program that accepts Nigerians.
Also, must i put in financial statement when filling application ?
Thanks
Hi, Firstly it’s almost late to get admission for September session. On the matter of course, she can actually get a direct admission First year to study medicine, nursing or any medical program without going through foundation or pre-university. You can search, good luck.
NB: Go for another start date(January or March) and file with your bank statements, police report and complete medical test.
Good luck!
Re: Nigerian Students In China by skitozblog: 11:11am On Aug 09, 2018
Moley22:

Hi, Firstly it’s almost late to get admission for September session. On the matter of course, she can actually get a direct admission First year to study medicine, nursing or any medical program without going through foundation or pre-university. You can search, good luck.
NB: Go for another start date(January or March) and file with your bank statements, police report and complete medical test.
Good luck!
Re: Nigerian Students In China by larmeedeh: 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2018
Moley22:

Good luck!

She has accounting, economics , Government and others for Waec. Do you think that would b a problem or she can simply go in for Pre-medical (1 semester program) then later get a transfer .I have seen about 2 schools with application stil on tho.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Lanre12388: 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
[sub][/sub]
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Beyondthem: 8:01am On Aug 10, 2018
I was also denied on Monday, no Reason for denial..but the consular wrote on my form, interview not granted
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Lanre12388: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2018
Do you apply in lag or abj
And are you planing to reapply?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Beyondthem: 10:28am On Aug 10, 2018
I applied in lag and you

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (114) (Reply)

Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out / Names Of Tuition Free Universities In Norway, Canada And Sweden / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.