Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,689 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Anambra Local Government Chairmen Should Wake Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Local Government Chairmen Should Wake Up (1225 Views)

Peter Obi Distributes 110 Vehicles To Anambra Local Governments (Pics) / Finally . . . Anambra Local Govt Election To Hold Oct 5 / Lists And Names Of Lagos State Government Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Local Government Chairmen Should Wake Up by Cuche: 8:57am On Dec 04, 2014
Now that Anambra State has elected LG chairmen, I see no reason why up till this moment we are yet to feel their impact. The election winning jamboree should have ended and one expects them to complement the efforts of the State Government. But instead, most are busy trying to out-do each other with placing of large bill boards of their faces and that of the Governor.
I think basically most of these Chairmen have failed to grasp the responbilities attached to their position apart from the administrative jobs at the LG HQs. Why are there little or no activities at the Primary Health Centres, Sport centres/fields, grading of rural roads, skill acquisition centres, scholarships for indigent students or call it bursary, projects in primary schools, etc.
At a time when it appears the State Governor is working round the clock to tackle all the challenges facing the State. LG Chairmen should settle to business and find out what their jobs are. They should give no room for some to have a strong case for the abrogation of the LG system. I for one believe there should be an elected LG administration in states

For over 12 years Anambra was without LG elected Chairmen. It was very clear that both Ngige and Obi were reluctant to have them around, maybe they had considered them a waste of public funds because of the experience of the 1999-2002 regime, where with the exception of one Ndubuisi Nwobu and three others, the rests cannot point to a single project of theirs in a 3 years spree

The Governor should call these men to duty luckily they all are in the same party
Re: Anambra Local Government Chairmen Should Wake Up by investnow2013: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
Local govts in Anambra-State are Disaster!. Please take a closer look at Idemili North & see how bad The Roads & the environment in Ugwuagba, Awada & Other layout are!.Ugwuagba Motor spare Parts Market Obosi is Very dirty, but the council is busy collecting Millions of revenue there!. The lga council makes billions of money like Onitsha without any good thing to show for all This Money!.can you imagine this?. If you want pictures I put it up immediately!. Obiano needs to give them ( I mean all the lga in Anambra State)another 6 months to perform or fired!
Re: Anambra Local Government Chairmen Should Wake Up by asha80(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiano cannot do much about them..they were elected into office before he was sworn in which means they are not his men.
Re: Anambra Local Government Chairmen Should Wake Up by Myluv1: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
asha80:
Obiano cannot do much about them..they were elected into office before he was sworn in which means they are not his men.
True, Obiano needs to gain ground first before messing with them to avoid bumping heads with their godfathers who put them there. Regardless, I'm sure they will all come around as soon as one LG chairman starts making name for him/herself, then they will start competing to outdo each other in development. I see it happening soon.

(1) (Reply)

FG Behind Boko Haram - Sect Leader / Sweetjoy:buhari claim he attend US war college,he should obey international law / Breaking News: Boko Haram Endorses Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.