Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Which Will You Take? Sms Marketing Vs E-mail Marketing. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Will You Take? Sms Marketing Vs E-mail Marketing. (684 Views)

Social Media Marketing Vs E-mail Marketing / Bulk SMS Marketing Strategy You Can Use Now / Info Marketing Vs Google Adsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Will You Take? Sms Marketing Vs E-mail Marketing. by internetpo(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2008
Yeah! wink

I am currently developing a theory that that peneration level of SMS marketing especially as it has to do with us nigerian is more effective than e-mail marketing. and that if I use it to promote Products, esp. during this yelutide I"ll make ,

flash back on short history E-mail marketing and SMS marketing. the latter was first developed in the westerne wolrd, part. America with it's strong Internet penetration/connection. then came d GSM and introduction of SMS. and from it SMS marketing.

the fact that africa, particularly Nigeria first entered the GSM market before the Americans gives me an edge in SMS marketing (thats wat I feel).we have a better penetration level in that regrads unlike them. they have internet connections even when they go, and inside thier bathrooms.

if you are thinking like a Marketer which will you choose and has anybody succeeded in the later than the former or is it vice versa?
Re: Which Will You Take? Sms Marketing Vs E-mail Marketing. by yawatide(f): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2008
internetpo, I blv you can still SMS with a CDMA phone - I do it all the time, not only with ppl in the states but ppl in europe and Nigeria all the time wink

I blv you have answered your own question. Just in case you still don't get it, let me set up a scenario for you:

You are faced with a situation where you either pay N100 per hour (that doesn't include possibly taking public trans or even your personal car, or the fact that there might be no light and the owner is trying to cut cost and as such isn't using a gen, etc) to send emails to people who probably, for the same reasons like yourself, only check emails once every other day.

OR

You whip up your phone that is always by your side, send text for N5 or whatever it maybe (definitely not N100) and the person you send the SMS too not only gets it on the spot, he doesn't pay to receive the SMS.

Your call cool
Re: Which Will You Take? Sms Marketing Vs E-mail Marketing. by Seun(m): 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2008
Email is cheaper and more flexible. SMS has a much wider reach. Depends on what you're selling.

(1) (Reply)

Learn New Tricks For Success / Why Is Reliability Important For Web Hosting? / Most Click Per Paid: Get This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.