Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Best Web Design - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Best Web Design (990 Views)

Best Web Hosting Company In Nigeria / Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2008
Can someone check out all the website designed by nigerians, and please state the best design
i have one, i just found out, its the longest serving web design comapany in nigeria,
they got talent
www.gobbleabba.com
they designed www.livebeats.net
www.oasisrecord.org
and many more sha

Now the question is, please rate them and their works
i want to see what they worth to your eyes !!
Re: Best Web Design by yawatide(f): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2008
On what grounds do you call them the longest serving? Is this a fact or some marketing ploy? Just curious wink
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2008
Well, let me saying so reputation, lol
but they have a huge reputation here in uk, and southafrica,
but the fact remains that, i have not seen any web developing company beta than them yet, grin
Re: Best Web Design by yawatide(f): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2008
thatz what you should have said (meaning your most recent post, not the one you modified wink)
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2008
ok, wot do u think abt the idea then?
Re: Best Web Design by yawatide(f): 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2008
na wa for u o smiley

oasis didnt work and the other sites seemed okay. it wd hv been nice if u provided actual urls to ur portfolio works so i cd check them out. Flash doesn't just do it for me anymore tongue
Re: Best Web Design by ztyle(m): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2008
YawaTide u don talk finish?
oya make i yarn?

@poster those sites are splendid! Nigerian don dey try pass oyibo small small! smiley
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2008
oasis website is working o!!
www.oasisrecord.org
Re: Best Web Design by bukavu(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2008
i have got the impression those 3 websites have been built by one person
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2008
Sure they were built by one person,
But thur gobbleabba permission
cause he works under them
Re: Best Web Design by hanen(f): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2008
Oasis Records is filled up with dummy text, and unrelated navigation buttons (I'm assuming it's for a record company right?) and pretty much all the sites you linked to was filled with poorly implemented, generated code. So, no, I'm not that impressed. For some reason, all the works in the portfolio (which I couldn't access, by the way) or at least 80% of it, looked like templates. Which is all well and good for some I guess, but you can't really boast about a 'long serving' web company, if after all their years of implementing they don't know how to use style sheets or perhaps class names that didn't look like they came from MS Frontpage. Sorry.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
Read well before you leap,
Dont just talk,
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2008
@ hanen
And moreover, www.oasisrecord.org, still remain unbeaten in the whole nigeria, i advice u to check the site again, cos i cant find the rubbish language u insisted on, and moreover, go back to the gobbleabba site, their portfolio is readable and not template, your computer is less privilege to view it i guess, Watch well before you leap, and if its vacancy you seek for, i can help you get to them,
Re: Best Web Design by yawatide(f): 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2008
And moreover, www.oasisrecord.org, still remain unbeaten in the whole nigeria,

The arrogance! At first it was "best site/company in nigeria" then it was "best site/company in the UK for nigerians" and now it is "unbeaten in the whole nigeria". Why stop there? Why not say in the whole world? tongue tongue angry
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2008
lol, funny, all na market,
but seriously need to check out the new work on that site, its breathe taken, as in,
u need to see for your self, moreover, am still waiting for that big mouth to yarn,
Re: Best Web Design by hanen(f): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2008
iotolorin

LOL. grin You're quite rude for someone who asked for an opinion. I'm (not) sorry it's not the praise you wanted.

If i had known you would change the layout overnight, I would have saved a screenshot of the site I saw under Oasis Records. I saw it with two people here, and what we're seeing there now is not what we saw yesterday oooo. Why did you change it? what happened to the white and teal layout that was there? And why did you change the layout of the portfolio page on Gobbable? Yawatide saw it too. Did you think I won't notice?! Are you serious?

And claiming that this new template that you created, (that I have seen elsewhere, just so you know) is suddenly the BEST IN NIGERIA is what I call severely unnecessary arrogance.

Don't insult anyone's intelligence here. And don't insult me. You didn't come up with those 'designs' and your codes are a DEAD GIVEAWAY.
Calling your pages 'page1.html'? Seriously? How can someone boast of SEO services when they don't even know basic common knowledge about naming a web page?

I design sites for a living, my dear, so no, I don't need a 'job' and I know amateur work when I see it. (I wasn't going to put that initially, but your reply was mean-spirited and ridiculous). And, no, your sites(I'm pretty sure they're yours), are not the best. Anywhere. Get over it.
Re: Best Web Design by olush0la(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2008
LOL, let the fight begin, !
I got a ringside seat, I always love
when 'ego' comes to the ring.

@Poster, I don't even know where to begin,
did you actually use frames on gobbleabba?
I mean, seriously. I saw the Oasis Records website too yesterday,
this one is different, sincerity is a welcome and good thing. Stop bashing
Hanen, she is just being sincere, you asked for a review, didn't you?

I'll come back when I have an 'opinion' about your jobs,
LOL (50x till fade)
Re: Best Web Design by Don4life: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2008
please give me link to nairaland webmaster Rules
Re: Best Web Design by DualCore1: 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
Poster, if u were paid to do this, or if u're the one behind all those designs. . . either ways someone needs to learn interactive design with good user feedback and usability experience.
And heck tht same person has to go back to the ABCs of color combination.
I really woulda walked past this one if u didnt come up with all the dirty babbling about this being "unbeaten in the whole nigeria".
"nigeria" in ur context must be the space within ur bad-sectored brain.
tshew. . . every jack and rose will get their hands on some crappy sh1T and come here to say its "best".  best my damned PII lappy.
Re: Best Web Design by iotolorin(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
First of all,
i must praise myself, i pulled a crowd,

Secondly, Not one of us here will say he or she doesn't want to praise his/her own work? More praises brings more glory, I decided to start the argument and fight cause i want to see how strong you all can be. First the oasis site was changed, but i must be very good to change it to a respected oasis band site, overnight !!!, the first site there was inputted because the site was in progress, that was to make people feel there was something up, and for the page.html, that was a terrible mistake that could make me lose my job, thanks for seeing that, i never noticed it,

and for the world thing, like i said, u all will always want to praise your business, i don't own gobbleabba, i work for them, and the oasis site, isnt a gobbleabba job, its privately mine, If only i can ask for apologies and forgiveness from my sis hanen, lol, { she is really a fighter, lol}
Re: Best Web Design by hanen(f): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2008
iotolorin

You pulled a crowd. Wow. You're a total genius. /end sarcasm

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Just because you uploaded a new, already existing design overnight doesn't make you worth a dime if you 'didn't notice' every other thing I mentioned.

Since I'm in the mood to continue outing you as a result of you wasting me and everyone's time here,
I don't see how you can claim the same person didn't make all the sites you listed. The codes a ARE EXACTLY the same. Even the page names. ALL THE SITES. Yes, even your "boss's" company website, have that same annoying, Page1, Page2, Page3 disaster. Either that or you're both using the same code generator. In which case, gobbleabba should fire itself.

I don't know why I'm even bothering myself here. I'm out.
Re: Best Web Design by DualCore1: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2008
Mega grand fool.
Re: Best Web Design by yawatide(f): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
iotolorin:

You are entitled to be "the best in the world" as a marketing ploy no doubt but I must confess, after so many guffaws on your part, your credibility with him has dipped from hero to sub-zero.

You have proven beyond all reasonable doubt that you are capable of being dishonest by changing your stance on issues and your web layouts whenever the wind blows (which is pretty often).

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose A Good Domain Name For Your Website / Please Review My Site / Facebook, Twitter And Linkedin.who Rules?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.