Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport (1493 Views)

APC Chief Opens Up On The Fight Between President Buhari And Atiku / Gunmen Behead Franklin Obi, APC Chief, Kill Family In Rivers / 'DSS Detains PVC Supplier, Demands Encryption Code'-APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by argon500: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Timi Frank, was, on Wednesday, detained by men of the Department of State Security Service (DSS) at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on arrival from France.
Frank told journalists that he was detained by security agents at the Immigration point at the airport for over one hour and was later released without anybody saying anything to him.
He said: “I arrived Abuja International Airport at about 5pm on Tuesday on my way from Paris, France. At the Immigration point where they normally stamp the passport, I was stopped by a lady who walked to me with three others in mufti.
“As soon as I dropped my passport, she ceased the passport and asked me to move aside. I asked why and she said it was an instruction which I must obey.
“As a law abiding citizen, I obeyed and moved aside. Without telling me anything, she took me to where other security agents were sitting and said I should sit there, and asked the other SSS people there to keep me in their custody until she gets further clearance.
“I asked the man sitting beside me why I was being treated like a member of Boko Haram. So, I have decided to let Nigerians know that as we get closer to the 2015 elections, there is a form of crackdown on some opposition leaders by the security agencies, including the SSS who are now being used to harass and intimidate opposition leaders in Nigeria.
“This maybe the first step. For me, it may be a small one, but I can assure you that this is another strategy they have adopted to intimidate opposition leaders. Let me also assure you that no amount of intimidation from security agents will stop me.
“Despite being the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the APC, I am also an activist. I have been talking and fighting for the rights of Nigerians. I have been fighting against corruption in this country.
“No amount of intimidation from the SSS or any other security agency will stop me from speaking and not even the Presidency. As I speak, this is a very serious issue. My life is under threat and it is very important to let you know.”

Source: Daily Independent.
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Debeloved87(m): 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
Apc and their palava

3 Likes

Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by seanet02: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
How will this type of intelligence agencies tackle bokoharam?

5 Likes

Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Donmarrius: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
You were asked to step aside for some security reasons best known to them.you ain't above the law.Allow the security operatives do their work.Am sure if it were to be the French security operatives that asked you to step aside,in the cause of doing their work,you will do that without complaint.

Lastly,if you feel that they breached your right,go to court and get justice,stop whinning like toddlers so as to invoke unnecessary sentiment.
You guys should learn to play politics with maturity.

9 Likes

Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by holatin(m): 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
hmmmm.
you may not understand
but it Jonathan lap dog work
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Morkavictor: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
I tire 4 dis Apc people.everything for them is politics
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Collynzo9: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
APC fools are always seeking attention.
Even a normal stop and search protocol that others follow will be interpreted as detention and release.
Congrats Frank, we now know who you are, I guess that was the intention.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Who is he that he can't be detained as part of security measures?

Abi e think say national security na their moi moi politics dem dey play?

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by omenka(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
These spineless dolts applauding this obvious misapplication of procedures are thesame people mostly at the receiving end of the high handedness of our security forces. Instead of condemning what is obviously wrong they rather cheer on simply because the victim shares a different political bias from them.

What goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Descartes: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
That's the beauty of Democracy wink
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Descartes: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Clueless opposition angry
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Not surprised. The DSS has indeed lost its integrity likewise the IGP of Nigerian Police
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Donmarrius: 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
omenka:
These spineless dolts applauding this obvious misapplication of procedures are thesame people mostly at the receiving end of the high handedness of our security forces. Instead of condemning what is obviously wrong they rather cheer on simply because the victim shares a different political bias from them.

What goes around comes around.
Please how does DSS as part of information privy to them(because they must have had reason),being on top of security issue,an obviously wrong thing as you are trying hard to portray?.

Assuming you are learned,you would av' known that the police or any other security operative,has the right to 'stop,and question anybody'.That isn't a breach of human right as Mr APC is trying to make us understand.And also,it isn't an "obviously wrong" thing,as you who wasn't there at the scene of the event,is trying to portray to us.
The man said he was 'detained' for an hour.what a silly detaintion is that?.you were brought for 'perharps' questioning or intelligence gathering,do you expect them to do it in 10seconds?.Did they beat you?.

I have said it earlier,Sir,if you feel you were unjustly treated,go to court.go and seek redress there.
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Descartes: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
Donmarrius:

Please how does DSS as part of information privy to them(because they must have had reason),being on top of security issue,an obviously wrong thing as you are trying hard to portray?.

Assuming you are learned,you would av' known that the police or any other security operative,has the right to 'stop,and question anybody'.That isn't a breach of human right as Mr APC is trying to make us understand.And also,it isn't an "obviously wrong" thing,as you who wasn't there at the scene of the event,is trying to portray to us.
The man said he was 'detained' for an hour.what a silly detaintion is that?.you were brought for 'perharps' questioning or intelligence gathering,do you expect them to do it in 10seconds?.Did they beat you?.

I have said it earlier,Sir,if you feel you were unjustly treated,go to court.go and seek redress there.

Gbam!!!

Needles to say more cool

2 Likes

Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by Donmarrius: 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
ULSHERLAN:
Not surprised. The DSS has indeed lost its integrity likewise the IGP of Nigerian Police
People like you,are those who pass wrong jugdement on others easily,without first hearing from the two sides.
Because the id.ot first got to the media,to tell the world whatever he likes,shouldn't make you to abuse the security operatives who are ensuring your life and that of other Nigerians are to an extent protected.

Do you know 'if' the man is a drug trafficker,using his position,to beat security unchecked?.
I was in a Kenyan bound flight on August,at MMI Lagos,when NDLEA pounced on a guy from Edo state,and had the flight detained for sometime,because,they forced the guy and his Junior brother to be re-screened and re-examined,on the account of being a suspected drug lord.So what do you call that,witch hunting?.Mtchwww.
You guys should grow some sense.
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by luigiajah(m): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
Booked
Re: DSS Detains, Releases APC Chief At Abuja Airport by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Donmarrius:
People like you,are those who pass wrong jugdement on others easily,without first hearing from the two sides.
Because the id.ot first got to the media,to tell the world whatever he likes,shouldn't make you to abuse the security operatives who are ensuring your life and that of other Nigerians are to an extent protected.

Do you know 'if' the man is a drug trafficker,using his position,to beat security unchecked?.
I was in a Kenyan bound flight on August,at MMI Lagos,when NDLEA pounced on a guy from Edo state,and had the flight detained for sometime,because,they forced the guy and his Junior brother to be re-screened and re-examined,on the account of being a suspected drug lord.So what do you call that,witch hunting?.Mtchwww.
You guys should grow some sense.
k

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai Left Stranded By His Supporters / Pastor Sunday Adelaja On Buhari/oshinbajo Tickets - Stunning / Channels Tv Reporting Buhari Certificate Press Briefing As Sport News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.