Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Problems With Flash Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problems With Flash Drive (1168 Views)

Problem With Flash Drive! / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Flash Drive by moh(m): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2006
hi, pls each time i try saving document on PDF into my flash is keeps giving me error message when am about to open it and i dont know wat 2 do. any 1 with any idea cos i have tried almost 3 flash, this is d 3rd flash am using now still d same problem.
Re: Problems With Flash Drive by my2cents(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2006
moh:

I am pulling at straws here to understand and answer your question, but here it goes:

1) Perhaps the PDF is corrupt (viruses, etc) or even the flash drives are corrupt. U mentioned 3 flash drives. Cd it b they are made by the same manufacturer?

2) Perhaps its in the way u r saving the PDF on ur flash drive to begin with. Just in case, once u copy from hard drive to flash drive, right-click in system tray where it says "remove hardware", select ur flash drive from the window and click "stop" then wait till u c message in system tray that says "it is now safe to remove your hardware (or something like that)"

I hope this helps. In the end, u may just end up having to save directly onto the flash drive.
Re: Problems With Flash Drive by omogenikky(f): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2006
if u have tried three flash drives with the same problem and have been trying to access those files on your PC, then maybe its ur PC that has a problem with adobe acrobat. Either you do not have it or you need to install updates.
Re: Problems With Flash Drive by aadewale(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2006
well my brother,i thinku arenot the only one experiencing that knid of a problem I have been plagued with that too.and i lost some vital documents through that issue. What i think is that you should try and buy the original of those flash drives and be careful the way you handle them.

(1) (Reply)

Isp's In Nigeria demand For "security Deposit" / Complete Hns 7000s Dvbs Vsat Equipment 4sale @ A Gr8 Price / You Don't Have To Endure That Slow Expensive Internet Access.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.