Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms (16542 Views)

I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / FG Replies Osinbajo Criticisms With Bible Passages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by AmaechiLinus(m): 8:59am On Dec 05, 2014
is dat y our fuel pump price is increasing n our currency being devalued in d global market?
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2014
eleojo23:
The way Nigeria has been able to survive amidst all odds is something to be admired.

Many of them(other countries) can't just understand this country called Nigeria

We have such a huge global presence and we carve a niche for ourselves wherever we go.

*knocks to those who give us bad name*

We will continue to thrive. Go naija!

you've said it all bro..

i wouldn't have commented better...kudos!

home and away..Nigeria sets d pace..
these challenges we face wil pass just matter of time

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2014
Good to know smiley.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by redcliff: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
admiral007:
Admire in Sympathy right? Most pple who commented on the survey's questionaire must has done it in sympathy for Nigeria. 'Jesus wept' one word.

They are one and same. Tautology

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by F2G2G(m): 9:17am On Dec 05, 2014
I'm happy to come from this part of the world irrespective of our ups and down
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by owobokiri(m): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2014
What an inventive way to flatter the hopeless
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by uzolexis(f): 9:28am On Dec 05, 2014
admiral007:
Admire in Sympathy right? Most pple who commented on the survey's questionaire must has done it in sympathy for Nigeria. 'Jesus wept' one word.

That is not true. Most of my friends from other African countries so love 9ja. Our music, our movies etc. Nigerians don't appreciate their own that's d problem. I didn't know pple were crazy about Nollywood till I left the shores of Nigeria. They say they like the way we carry ourselves and are always like Nigerians are so proud and they admire it, they want to learn pidgin, it makes me proud to be Nigerian seriously smiley

A Kenyan friend once said this about Nigeria "anything we do (good or bad) we do to the extreme "

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by buJu234: 9:54am On Dec 05, 2014
Nigeria is a good for business if only u jst knw where to b ; wat to do and dont step on toes... finish u re fine over time as far u spend less..

this is the secret of the foreigners that comes here.

avoid Core wahala areas especially NE; go into consumer products; settle as many that comes for settlement like police; politicians; etc after a period of time btw 1-4yrs with fat bank accounts with little partying around

they re fine...

but the problem is that Nigerians themselves do the opposite...

stay the wrong place; do either the wrong business or the right business with an ill prepared mind set; fight the police & politicians etc; no time jst want to hammer now; just want to make big now now ; plus big Owabess... blocking the street parties..
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by watchindelta(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2014
nawaoh but badt government since 00000000BC has caused us dropped down. if not Nigerian for be one of the best country in the world. any Nigerians dat insults Nigerian citizens because of this news, saying we are lazy that is why we are blaming the government for everything n our poverty life! that person now big animal, does the government put the rightful necessary environment down for us as citizens? no but we created every things by our selves since0000000BC.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by paragwua: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2014
when the sun is shining .. When the rain is falling... I love naija.. Even when the world is againts us.. I love naija. Naija for life
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by okych16(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2014
Toaskarity:
I really don't get the f..uvk this article talking about..
what brand ? Do Nigeria prodice anything?

text "DO NIGERIA PRODICE ANYTHING" to 33255, to get the ans
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by wtfCode: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2014
damn right.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
Pple deceiving pple since adam!
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Spydamannn(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
buJu234:
Nigeria is a good for business if only u jst knw where to b ; wat to do and dont step on toes... finish u re fine over time as far u spend less..

this is the secret of the foreigners that comes here.

avoid Core wahala areas especially NE; go into consumer products; settle as many that comes for settlement like police; politicians; etc after a period of time btw 1-4yrs with fat bank accounts with little partying around

they re fine...

but the problem is that Nigerians themselves do the opposite...

stay the wrong place; do either the wrong business or the right business with an ill prepared mind set; fight the police & politicians etc; no time jst want to hammer now; just want to make big now now ; plus big Owabess... blocking the street parties..

gbam...God Bless you
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by jerome4u(m): 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
Toaskarity:
I really don't get the f..uvk this article talking about..
what brand ? Do Nigeria prodice anything?
Yes we do
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Shaw007(m): 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hehe....I miss my homies, where is petrodolla
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Shaw007(m): 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
eleojo23:
The way Nigeria has been able to survive amidst all odds is something to be admired.

Many of them(other countries) can't just understand this country called Nigeria

We have such a huge global presence and we carve a niche for ourselves wherever we go.

*knocks to those who give us bad name*

We will continue to thrive. Go naija!
oshaamo!!
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by olawalehenry(m): 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Oh! Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem (Nigeria), They shall prosper that Love thee...............We are getting there!! Hallelujah!!!
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
Naija till grave grin
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by oluamid(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
We sha like to dey lie to ourselves. Anyway, I understand. We need to soothe those 160 million egos.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by yetunde15(f): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
If you believe Nigeria is the greatest nation and Africa will soon rule, join my group http://mycomuniti.go2cloud.org/SHe
If all the Nigerians join the site and share their thoughts on how we can improve the life in our country, we will have achieved something!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by tobbiedejie: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
major466:
Nigeria will overcome it's challenges and come out stronger, better and powerful.

Sir undecided by the time BH finish with us , I hope there's a place to call home ; just saying
major466:
Nigeria will overcome it's challenges and come out stronger, better and powerful.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by dayotheone(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Nigeria , good country , strange pple
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by rhames(m): 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
We are the kings of the African continent. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Harmvirus(f): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
#PROUDLYNIGERIAN
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by davidif: 1:00am On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by davidif: 1:57am On Jul 15, 2017
rhames:
We are the kings of the African continent. grin

Say What??

Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Rossikki: 2:07am On Jul 15, 2017
uzolexis:

That is not true. Most of my friends from other African countries so love 9ja. Our music, our movies etc. Nigerians don't appreciate their own that's d problem. I didn't know pple were crazy about Nollywood till I left the shores of Nigeria. They say they like the way we carry ourselves and are always like Nigerians are so proud and they admire it, they want to learn pidgin, it makes me proud to be Nigerian seriously smiley

A Kenyan friend once said this about Nigeria "anything we do (good or bad) we do to the extreme "

My brother, I keep telling people how I went to Jamaica a few years back, and everyone I met there was asking me about these Nollywod stars, Genevieve, Omotola etc, as if I was related to them simply because I was Nigerian.

From what I gathered there, almost every household has some Nollywood DVDs in their collection. The Jamo people I met said they used to think we all lived in huts and shanties in Africa, until they started watching Nollywood movies, and seeing mansions and big cars, and now they know ''Africa'' much better.

Naija is too much. But we don't realise our value. Go to London, New York, or Los Angeles today. Switch on the television in your hotel room and look for a foreign channel. Under Asia, you will find Indian, Chinese, Japanese channels. Under Europe, you will find UK, German, and French channels.

Under Africa, you will find NIGERIAN channels, ONLY.

From AIT, to NTA, to Channels TV, to TVC.

You will not see any channels from Ghana, from South Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe, and all these other countries that are supposed to be ''better'' than us.

ONLY NIGERIA. Representing the whole African continent.

Look, if Nigeria breaks up, it will be a huge disaster for the entire black world, many of whom have come to look up to this country as a symbol of a greater tomorrow for the black man.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by rhames(m): 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
davidif:

Say What??

Yes you heard and read that right. Are you angry at my statement? Then prove me wrong.
Re: Nigeria, Most Admired African Nation In Spite Of Criticisms by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 23, 2017
Rossikki:

My brother, I keep telling people how I went to Jamaica a few years back, and everyone I met there was asking me about these Nollywod stars, Genevieve, Omotola etc, as if I was related to them simply because I was Nigerian.

From what I gathered there, almost every household has some Nollywood DVDs in their collection. The Jamo people I met said they used to think we all lived in huts and shanties in Africa, until they started watching Nollywood movies, and seeing mansions and big cars, and now they know ''Africa'' much better.

Naija is too much. But we don't realise our value. Go to London, New York, or Los Angeles today. Switch on the television in your hotel room and look for a foreign channel. Under Asia, you will find Indian, Chinese, Japanese channels. Under Europe, you will find UK, German, and French channels.

Under Africa, you will find NIGERIAN channels, ONLY.

From AIT, to NTA, to Channels TV, to TVC.

You will not see any channels from Ghana, from South Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe, and all these other countries that are supposed to be ''better'' than us.

ONLY NIGERIA. Representing the whole African continent.

Look, if Nigeria breaks up, it will be a huge disaster for the entire black world, many of whom have come to look up to this country as a symbol of a greater tomorrow for the black man.

A.No country looks up to Nigeria as a 'Symbol for a Greater Tomorrow for the Black Man'
That medal goes to some extent, to South Africa.
Nigeria is seen as a basketcase and Nigerians have no positive reputation ANYWHERE on the continent.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Issues Deadline For Compliance With Treasury Single Account / Kwara Speakership: Don't Be Greedy And Desperate Like Saraki-group Warns Popoola / APC Congratulates Yemi Osinbajo On His 63 Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.