Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! (2156 Views)

How Mastermind Of Jos, Zaria Bombings Was Arrested – Military / Nairalander Eye Account Of Jos Bombing. / Jonathan Receives Farm Tools As Gift From Gbong Gwom Of Jos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Muza(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2008
Oh my God! shocked
This is terrible

Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2008
You think na joke?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2008
Oh my gawd for burnt cars?
Abeg show us the dead bodies, better still, transport the corpse down east as usual.
Otu onitsha is patiently waiting.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2008
Yes All the dead were Igbo. You are an idiot Nuzo!!!
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Yes All the dead were Igbo. You are an idiot Nuzo!!!

Where did i mention that all the dead were Igbos? Did i lie that after genocides like this in the north; Igbo corpses are usually stuffed in a lorry and transported down east?
Must you make trouble with me?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Muza(m): 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2008
Terrible!

Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by RibaduFan(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2008
This is what u get when a section of the country believes it has the monopoly of violence.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by PastorPLC: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2008
@Poster, I mean Muza

I can understand when normal people who have feelings like human-beings post this kind of picture.  But when a senseless and stupid person like you post this kind of picture, one can understand the idea you want to create in people's mind.

You are a nuisance in this forum.  Your imbecility is driving you mad.  I wonder what will happen when an slowpoke become mad.  Useless and dirty boy. Had your mother said no to prostitution, probably, one almajiri would not have been here posting nonsense.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2008
nuzo:

Where did i mention that all the dead were Igbos? Did i lie that after genocides like this in the north; Igbo corpses are usually stuffed in a lorry and transported down east?
Must you make trouble with me?

Riot and genocide is there a difference?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2008
Define genocide for me pls.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2008
Genocide:

According to the United Nations, the definition of genocide is:

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

a. killing members of the group;

b. causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

c. deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

d. imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

e. forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

In modern society, genocide has come to apply to any planned mass slaughtering of a particular group of people, and to a lesser extent, any disaster that was brought about by artificial or human means and produced a large number of casualties. It's suffered the usual media sensationalism and over the years has lost much of its meaning. In the eyes of society these days, genocide is no longer the profound offense to all of civilization that it was taken to be in 1945, but just an obscure problem in an equally obscure nation by an equally obscure dictator.

Riot:

An unrestrained disturbance resulting in violent behaviors.

Now, which one took place in jos or which one has been taking place in the north?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2008
nuzo,

Who are the Hausa trying to wipe of the map that you would warrant calling this riot a genocide?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2008
The hausa jihadists.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2008
nuzo:

The hausa jihadists.

The Hausa are trying to wipe out the Hausa. I tried having an intelligent conversation with you and this is the best I get undecided undecided
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by RibaduFan(m): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
My papa says: no reason to fear the dead, its the living we should fear.

Nuzo

My own papa talk say "Fear uneducated, fanatical Awusa, human life no mean anything to them"
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2008
yemmyse:

My papa says: no reason to fear the dead, its the living we should fear.

Nuzo

My own papa talk say "Fear uneducated, fanatical Awusa, human life no mean anything to them"

Did your papa all of a sudden realize how dangerous living with these people are or did he know all along but decided to keep mum until one of his own was slaughtered like a ram by those fanatics? Just curious.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Muza(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2008
nuzo:

Did your papa all of a sudden realize how dangerous living with these people are or did he know all along but decided to keep mum until one of his own was slaughtered like a ram by those fanatics? Just curious.

You and i know that the most dangerous place to live in is the Niger Helter,with all those militants terrorist. grin
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 03, 2008
Muza:

You and i know that the most dangerous place to live in is the Niger Helter,with all those militants terrorist. grin

What makes it the most dangerous place to live? Have an hausa man been slaughtered there before?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Muza(m): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2008
nuzo:

What makes it the most dangerous place to live? Have an hausa man been slaughtered there before?

When they can slaughter themselves,wat is a hausa man?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Orobert: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
Nothing justifies the killings. We are meant to approcah life with the mindset of peace. What is the minister of defence saying?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
Orobert:

Nothing justifies the killings. We are meant to approcah life with the mindset of peace. What is the minister of defence saying?

Lol. . . no be only minister of defence, why didnt ask after African union?
We all know that the only thing they will do is set up various panel of inquiries and after a few months, we will have yet another genocide.
The so called defence ministry like putting their money where their mouth is; niger delta. grin
Muza will explain more of this strategy for you.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by pcmecom(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2008
Karl Marx was right after all when he said that, "Religion is the opium of the masses". Instead of it to be used to unify people of different backgrounds and race, it is now used as a divisive weapon.
Is a real shame!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by congoshine(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Muza,
I'm still expecting the pictures of burnt cattle o !
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2008
In Response to PASTOR PLC

Taken from

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202599.160.html

@Kobo and Vicade,

I can't get you guys at all.  There was riot and killings in the North by muslems.  People blame Northern muslims for it, and you guys are here posting why it is wrong to keep on blaming them.  Who do we shift the blame?

Not that the blame is not to be put on the right people, NO. Sure, the hoodlums who carried out this attack, from both sides of the fence are to blame. This started off simply because people were not willing to accept election results. The one side refused to accept the results. Was it because they were Hausas? Or because they were muslims? Or because they were convinced the elections were rigged? Which and how?

You have said it all that Nigeria is a failed country.

I HAVE NEVER SAID NIGERIA IS A FAILED COUNTRY. as a matter of fact, I do not believe it is. Nigeria is exactly how we should expect it to be considering the level of involvement of the people in affairs concerning their own welfare. I don’t believe in expecting Strawberry laced cakes when I plant stones.

We know what will stop or reduce the killings and hatred but we keep on experimenting a failed project called "One Nigeria."

I can not agree with you because I do not believe it is a failed project. Failed means you have tried all options and come to a conclusion, based on final reports that there is no other possible option to rectifying the situation. The Experiment called Nigeria has not earned the right to be deemed a failed experiment, why? Because we have yet to actually taking a proactive step to actually rectify the situation. We have instead come up with scenarios in our heads to justify our claims that all steps positive steps will fail if tried. Case and point the claim that a move to educate the Nigerian people as a whole will not work. This has never been tried. We have only tried on small scales in the past but we all know what happened to those projects. The experiments themselves did not fail but where abandoned. Now I can go on about how an abandoned project does not necessarily mean same as saying an experiment failed but I am sure you can figure that all by yourself.

What is difficult here applying a known solution to those killings etc?  Maybe, some section(s) of the country are only after what they will get in one Nigeria and never bothered if thousands die on daily basis as long as they keep on benefitting in one Nigeria.  I am of the opinion that if breaking Nigeria into pieces will reduce or stop the killings, then what is stopping us from doing that?  The almajiris will continue to kill whenever they are told to do so by their evil masters.

How does breaking a country into pieces stop the killings? I really do not get how the one connects to the other. If, for instance Biafra becomes a nation of it’s own, how does that stop people from rioting at the next election up north? How does that stop the ibos who remain there from being killed? Or does breaking away mean restricting the ibos from going up north as well?

We live in a democracy but we allow resources created by some states continue to be shared with other states. Is that really a problem of the north or the fact that the people are not willing to demand that stops and push to make sure it does? I mean I do not understand why continuing to blame the almajiris will make much of a difference here.

Honestly, no matter how this may sound, the only solution to these killings is when every Christian state retaliate with full measure, probably extend the reprisal attacks for good one week.  It is then our leaders and the evil masters of those almajiris will start educating their people for better.

Do you know that Christians up north did fight back? I mean you do realize that most all those muslims that died where killed by some other group up there and some where Christians? Does pushing for more violence really work in this case? By the way, what Christian state? Is there such a thing? You do know that not all ibos/yorubas are Christians?

Let us remember the year 2000 when Aba boys carried a reprisal attack on muslims and thousands of people were killed. 

Not sure I remember 2000. Did aba boys tell you of the number of ibo and Yoruba muslims they killed back then as well? What happened to the whole Breaking up will bring peace theory then( since some who claim to be biafrans make such claims).

I was surprised to read where muslim leaders in the North moved to set a "Reconciliation Committee" calling on Christian leaders to put their boys on check, promising to do so in the North.  This what they had not done in the past despite all the killings before the year 2000.

In the past when?  Pleas enlighten me here cause I do not recall a lot of religious riots in Nigeria prior in 2000 and before.

The muslims, despite all the killings and the Jihad, they are afraid of death than Christians.  They run away when Christians are out for trouble, but they go out looking for trouble in peace time.

Not that I agree with you but why not have you united Christians come together and use that information against them? I mean I see the south crying that enough is enough, then we sit back and wait to do same next riot. Why not push for a universal punishment for people who are involved in such. Make sure it goes into law and basically put the fear of God of whatever else there could be back into all, aba boys and hausa muslims alike?
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by smurf1(f): 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2008
@ Topic

What is really causing all this trouble, cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Muza(m): 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
congoshine:

@Muza,
I'm still expecting the pictures of burnt cattle o !

Ask you Nnyamiri guyz grin
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by oderemo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2008
pls don't let us trivialise this thread lives were ACTUALLY lost here.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by lucabrasi(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2008
~smurf:

What is really causing all this trouble, cry cry cry
same people that has been causing all the ills in nigeria, politicians and businessmen
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by Muza(m): 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2008
sry for the digression,
May the soul of the innocent ones rest in peace.
Re: Pictures Of Jos Mayhem: Oh My God! by lucabrasi(m): 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
really sad,but i dont agree that pictures of dead bodies should be posted, its not like there is some macabre enjoyment to be had by seeing them and it will only open up wounds for ppl who have lost friends and families in the mayhem

(1) (Reply)

Obama Cheating Scandal: Shocking New Reports / Death Of Dele Giwa Ibb Wants Me Dead –babangida’s Former Secretary / T.b. Joshua Robbed In Ghana, Robbers Sent To 5 Years In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.