Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? (1069 Views)

Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) / Which Public Universities In Nigeria Are Suitable To Study Medicine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
This question has bothered me alot. When i was in secondary school.when our teacher asks 'what do u want to become in future?' 99% of us will reply medicine. Lo and behold! Almost all of us ended up studying one course or the other, even some end up in polytecnics and colleges of education. And it so to every other science student. Is it because of its lucrativeness or affluence?

1 Like

Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by oluwadanie1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2014
Cos they've all been brainwashed by their parents...

1 Like

Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
They are well respected till date and I dont think av ever met one searching for job like a needle in hay sack. Whereas engineering should also enjoy such privilege.
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by STENON(f): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
Well, thats not true for all science student.I'v never said anytin thats evn related to Medicine as my ambition in this life. I dnt evn have any interest in any medical related course.
My parent got angry with me based on that.

My Own is just to become an Exploration Geophysicist.

@OP, the reason for your question may be due to Societal Pressure.
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by oluwatobi01(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
@OP,..u 'r indeed rite...I 've always wanted to study MBBS even rite frm my pry sch days...But wen unilag cont' to bleep me up because of deir high cut off mrk,I end up studyin BCH...I didn't regret it dough,.....*wasted yrs,cover face*...
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by Kennethco(m): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
Abi o, i wonder who they will be treating, if they all eventualy study medicine...
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by fr3do(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
Right from time it has always been Engineering, and Jah be praised! That's what I'm studying.
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by RotrEmmanuel: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
Because they didn't know medical doctors are hardly amongst the wealthy class! Same as Law

Lucrative sectors: tongue
Politics
Engineering
Finance
management
ICT

Medical Doctors always have a nice beginning no doubt maybe because of support from differrnt angles! U can never compare a 10 years medical worker to a 3year SHELL worker.

stop decieving your siblings!

meanwhile I'm in FRANCE & night clubs are booming not medicine
grin grin grin
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by beatsbyj2g(m): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
Just imagine we are 25 in a class in my school 20 of us are taking jamb next year
15 of d 20 has already applied for medicine
3 for microbiology n 1 for computer science

Am d only engineer

If tinz continue this way engineers would be in shortage n high demand even more Dan d doctors in future

BTw out of d world 10 richest dudes am still looking for d doctor amongst dem
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by Microtee(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
Would like to say maybe 'cos it's lucrative and some also intend to study it so as to form brainac
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
Depends on some factors such as parental influence, The prestige associated with the profession, Sure employment and lucrativeness.
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Cos they believe medicine is for the intelligent gurus. Some end up getting it all wrong.
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by Joeself1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
me sef wonder oooo
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by shakrullah(m): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Who says he wants to study medicine because of money. who says he wants to study because others want to. who says he wants to study medicine because his parents said so. My major reasons for wanting to study medicine is for the knowledge in the profession. I never wanted to because of money or some silly reasons.

1 Like

Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by QSheba: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
I have never for once thought of becoming a medical doctor all my dreams were becoming an engineer,geologist or a geophysicist cool
Re: Why Are All Science Students Ambitious To Study Medicine? by Bitrusisa(m): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2022
Anna Isa is a science student from madagali local government area adamawa state nigeria, her village is bitiku juli, she resume her school on 27/1/2022 she is in S.S.S.1.A her school name is senior secondary school duhu and she was very brilliant student.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

HPPSC HPAS (mains) Exam Result 2014 Cut Off / Anyone Has Any Idea On RN Top Up To Bsc Nursing In Ghana Or Benin Rep / Water Scarcity At UNN This Morning. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.