Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! (127833 Views)

AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: Arsenal Vs AC Milan (3 - 0) On March 6th 2012 / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
A very important match today and I hope it reflects in the line up especially the back 4.

Lazio v Milan

#ForzaMilan
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
I am praying desperately that Calhanoglu's injury is not that bad. That goal was world-class, my goodness!

Pioli, I dey see your work!!! One of the best performances of the season, maybe the game against Roma may have something to say about that.

Lazio 0-3 Milan.

#FORZAMILAN
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by patrickmuf(m): 5:58am On Jul 05, 2020
This Milan team is surprising, I didn't give them a chance today yet they beat Lazio away from home convincingly. How they drew against Spal is a mystery.
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 2:23am On Jul 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
This Milan team is surprising, I didn't give them a chance today yet they beat Lazio away from home convincingly. How they drew against Spal is a mystery.

Patoooo, the SPAL game was a head scratcher, I knew we in trouble after I saw the lineup. Pioli was trying to rest players especially the CB combination, after all SPAL were positioned last on the log but it backfired in the 1st half.

If you have watched Milan since the return of the league especially after the Roma game, you will not doubt this side. However, all that may change depending on Calhanoglu’s injury. He has been our best player, coordinating and being the link between the defense and with Kessie sitting back and combining with Bennacer we look at a lot more stable.

Our next game is against Juventus on Tuesday, I kind of feel confident going into the game.

#FORZAMILAN
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by ClownPrinceOfPi: 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2020
Forza Milano we just massacred the champs of Italy.Yesssss.Pioli has really tried after his poor start.We are heading towards the Europa league spots.

1 Like

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Roland17:

Patoooo, the SPAL game was a head scratcher, I knew we in trouble after I saw the lineup. Pioli was trying to rest players especially the CB combination, after all SPAL were positioned last on the log but it backfired in the 1st half.

If you have watched Milan since the return of the league especially after the Roma game, you will not doubt this side. However, all that may change depending on Calhanoglu’s injury. He has been our best player, coordinating and being the link between the defense and with Kessie sitting back and combining with Bennacer we look a lot more stable.

Our next game is against Juventus on Tuesday, I kind of feel confident going into the game.

#FORZAMILAN

Just as the emboldened show, I watched this game with a lot of confidence, even after we went down 2-0. Calhanoglu has been the best midfielder in Italy, top 3 in the entire Europe hands down, no questions asked. Under Pioli we have seen a resurgence in many players including Kessie who I mentioned yesterday. He is a lot more discipline with his runs.

Thank you Pioli.

#FORZAMILAN

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 12:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Unf##$king Believable!...I can't remember the last time I smiled this much over a Milan result. Over the moon and f##ing ecstatic. I can't even lie been grinning from ear to ear since the 4th goal went in. More of this please.

How did your Confidence not waver after we went 2-nil down Roland17? I had pretty much given up by then and was simply just torturing myself. I was expecting Juve to run rampant and may be run up a cricket score. Glad I was wrong.

FORZAAA MILLLANNNNNN!

1 Like

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 2:49am On Jul 08, 2020
chic2pimp:
Unf##$king Believable!...I can't remember the last time I smiled this much over a Milan result. Over the moon and f##ing ecstatic. I can't even lie been grinning from ear to ear since the 4th goal went in. More of this please.

How did your Confidence not waver after we went 2-nil down Roland17? I had pretty much given up by then and was simply just torturing myself. I was expecting Juve to run rampant and may be run up a cricket score. Glad I was wrong.

FORZAAA MILLLANNNNNN!

Baba, since the game against Lecce, our first game since the restart, I have observed the improvement with this team. We were in the game despite going down 2-0, I knew if we could score one, we could get something out this game. It’s fair to say Pioli has figured out his first 11. More importantly, him and his team have not allowed the distraction of Rang affect their focus. I am not so much interested in an Europa spot, I just want a good run till the end of the season. Something we can build upon next season.
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by patrickmuf(m): 6:32am On Jul 08, 2020
I gave up when Milan went 2 goals down but who would've thought...The only way forward from here is forward. Forza Milan!
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by tesppidd: 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
Milan still get fans?
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Topmaike007(m): 8:03am On Jul 12, 2020
tesppidd:
Milan still get fans?
yeah
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by ClownPrinceOfPi: 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2020
Napoli should better be careful here because with our president and coach Zlatan.We will cause shockwaves in Naples.#FORZA MILANO
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 2:55am On Jul 13, 2020
Donnarumma matter don tire me. One minute he is making unbelievable saves and the next minute he is conceding cheap goals.

The feeling going into games now feel different. There is that sense of belief that we can get something out of any game. Napoli are a very tough side and caused us a lot of problem with their speed but I am glad we held on and got a point from this game. Good to see Gattuso doing well with them.

#FORZAMILAN
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 2:31am On Jul 19, 2020
Another player that has improved tremendously under Pioli is Theo Hernandez. He was one that struggled under Gattuso but I knew he has the talent and was just finding it hard to transition.
I was even thinking he might do better if we pushed him higher up the pitch but Pioli has helped him especially defensively. His positional awareness and discipline have grown. He knows when to go up and when to stay back and that has helped us.
#FORZAMILAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
We need to keep the momentum and finish the season strong. I just hope Romagnoli's injury is not as bad as I fear.

1-0

#Forza Milan
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 11:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
The best news of the day: Pioli has extended his contract for 2 years! I can't tell you how important it is for us to stabilize that position. Hopefully, he continues to build this team into next season.

So the highest we can finish is 5th and that is if we win all 3 remaining fixtures (Atalanta, Sampdoria and Cagliari). Qualification for Europa looks good especially if we win 2 of our remaining fixture, Atalanta is probably the toughest. I have to say I am super impressed with this team since the restart. Sassulo are a very good team and during the course of the season they have shown that they can hang with the big boys. Romagnoli's injury is the only thing that bothers me right now.

#FORZAMILAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 5:06am On Jul 22, 2020
Roland17:
The best news of the day: Pioli has extended his contract for 2 years! I can't tell you how important it is for us to stabilize that position. Hopefully, he continues to build this team into next season.

#FORZAMILAN

Forget today's result. This is the best news of the day as far as I am concerned. To say I was really concerned about the effect hiring a new coach would have had on this team would be putting it lightly.

A new coach would have meant a completely brand new Management team, back room/technical staff and a totally different set of footballing ideals which could have taken as long as 3 months to implement. In other words back to square one yet again.

Atleast now, with every coaching related distraction by the way side, the team can completely focus on consolidating and building on the Fantastic ending to the season we are having(looking ahead to next season). With regards to Pioli himself, You can tell He is well liked by the Players. They have been playing for Him since the whispers/rumours of Him possibly loosing His Job started to come to surface. A sign of a good coach imo.

Depending on who we sign in the offseason, mounting a reasonable challenge for the scudetto is not beyond the realms of possibilities. That's saying something as I would not have dreamt of saying that even a month ago. I am over the moon with this News.

FORZAAAAA MILANNNNN!
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
chic2pimp:

Forget today's result. This is the best news of the day as far as I am concerned. To say I was really concerned about the effect hiring a new coach would have had on this team would be putting it lightly.

A new coach would have meant a completely brand new Management team, back room/technical staff and a totally different set of footballing ideals which could have taken as long as 3 months to implement. In other words back to square one yet again.

Atleast now, with every coaching related distraction by the way side, the team can completely focus on consolidating and building on the Fantastic ending to the season we are having(looking ahead to next season). With regards to Pioli himself, You can tell He is well liked by the Players. They have been playing for Him since the whispers/rumours of Him possibly loosing His Job started to come to surface. A sign of a good coach imo.

Depending on who we sign in the offseason, mounting a reasonable challenge for the scudetto is not beyond the realms of possibilities. That's saying something as I would not have dreamt of saying that even a month ago. I am over the moon with this News.

FORZAAAAA MILANNNNN!

I think he earned the trust of the players and to me what he has built has gone past players playing for him because he has developed an identified system that ensures there is discipline especially with our defense. We are conceding less and winning difficult games, don't forget Pioli is renowned for his defense and he seems to have stamped that in our identity.

It would be interesting to see how he transitions this team to next season and what happens during the offseason.

#FORZAMILAN
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
I knew Atalanta would be our toughest fixture left. angry angry A very stubborn and organized team!
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
chic2pimp:
At this very moment 15 years ago, I was struggling to sleep. The events that unfolded over the previous 3- 4 hours had left me all but numb. I was fuming, bitter, Angry and frustrated. Every and Any negative emotion you can think of, that was pretty much Me.

I vividly remember trying to get some sleep as I had my Maths mocks the following day but sleep was not forthcoming. There were 3 or so Topics I was meant to briefly go over but I simply could not concentrate. I mean how could I after what I had just seen? 3 up goals looking like we've reached the promise land only to have it taken from in the most cruelest of fashion. Snapping defeat from the jaws of victory. To say I was devastated would be putting it likely.

Til this Day, I still can not or should I say simply refuse to forgive Carlo for that evening's event and that is saying a lot as Ancelloti is my favourite coach of all time. How He and the Boyz managed to throw away a 3 goal lead, I'll never know. I am still fuming

Every channel in the Land it seemed had documentaries dedicated to the Miracle of Istanbul so I had no other choice but to avoid all forms of Media for the 2 weeks that followed. No TV, no radio,no Newspaper bulletins. Heck no phone calls or text messages too. I completely shut myself off from the outside world.

I am yet the watch the game in it's entirety to this day infact it took me years to summon the courage to watch extended highlights of the game. How we lost, I'd never know. Apart from the 15 minute period where Liverpool staged their amazing comeback, we were the dominant team. We should won it during normal time and moreso in extra time. The gods it seems were against us.

I prayed and hoped in vain i'd wake up the following morning and it would have been just a dream. It wasn't, it was real. I woke up the next morning feeling even more bitter than I remembered feeling the previous night. I guess the magnitude of the event that took place the previous day was starting to sink in. The Lads had done the unthinkable and thrown away a nailed on Trophy. It was simply put a ChokeJob

Mere talking about it still stirs a lot of emotions in me even till this day. The phrase "Time is a healer" is only just starting to ring true in my case. I simply could not get over it for a very long time. I am still not fully there but I am slowly but surely getting there.

Wednesday the 25th of May 2005 is a day I will never forget.

Speaking of the Devil, ITV4 are showing reruns of various European Cups/CL Finals involving English teams all through this week. Guess whose turn it is today? Yup you guessed right, it's the "Miracle in Instanbul".

It's currently half time and the Tv pundits are analysing how the half went. The most shocking thing as far as I am concerned is not the Analysis. It is the fact that I can actually remember word for word what each pundit said. I thought I had blocked everything that occured that fateful night out of my memory but apparently not. It only serves to remind me How hurt I was that night as I only tend to remember in vivid details extreme events in my life(ie situations of extreme joy or extreme sadness)

Anyhoo enough of me moaning. If you think we as Milan Fans have it bad, spare a thought for Bayern Fans . They showed the "Can you Man united score, they always score" Finals yesterday and they'll be showing their 2012 loss to Chelsea on Friday. Poor sods!

Lastly Rickkyyyyyy what a Gem of a Player!
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
A performance and a half from the Lads. Job well done. If we carry this form into next season,there is no way We won't be in contention for the scudetto.

FORZA MILAN!
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by samuel19222(m): 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
chic2pimp:
A performance and a half from the Lads. Job well done. If we carry this form into next season,there is no way We won't be contention for next season.

FORZA MILAN!

Abeg wetin be Milan ft score
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Topmaike007(m): 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
samuel19222:

4-1
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by samuel19222(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Topmaike007:
4-1

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
samuel19222:

4- 1 bro
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
chic2pimp:
A performance and a half from the Lads. Job well done. If we carry this form into next season,there is no way We won't be in contention for the scudetto.

FORZA MILAN!

The embolden is the reason I was against Rangnick and wanted Pioli to continue as head coach.

#FORZA MILAN!!!

1 Like

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 1:00am On Jul 30, 2020
Roland17:

The embolden is the reason I was against Rangnick and wanted Pioli to continue as head coach.

#FORZA MILAN!!!

Bro can we just cancel the 4 weeks or so of rest the players will be given at the end of the season and simply head to start of next season pls? I fear all momentum gained would be lost during this brief period.
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by Roland17(m): 2:14am On Jul 30, 2020
chic2pimp:

Bro can we just cancel the 4 weeks or so of rest the players will be given at the end of the season and simply head to start of next season pls? I fear all momentum gained would be lost during this brief period.

Bro, I am with you on that. I think about this a whole lot more you would imagine and it is funny that we both have the same train of thought. I am just hoping we don’t lose any core first team player and are able to transition into next season with this momentum.
That being said, our players need the rest to avoid burnout and injuries. Pioli has played it safe for the most part with his line up after tinkering with it earlier in the season. It’s a short off season, hopefully, they stay in tact and can start the new season on a high.
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by fredoooooo: 9:10am On Jul 30, 2020
Roland17 and chic2pimp , Looking for trouble is our hobby grin
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by patrickmuf(m): 9:40am On Jul 30, 2020
I love this new Milan, I hope next season sees them carry same momentum...

1 Like

Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
Roland17:

Bro, I am with you on that. I think about this a whole lot more you would imagine and it is funny that we both have the same train of thought. I am just hoping we don’t lose any core first team player and are able to transition into next season with this momentum.
That being said, our players need the rest to avoid burnout and injuries. Pioli has played it safe for the most part with his line up after tinkering with it earlier in the season. It’s a short off season, hopefully, they stay in tact and can start the new season on a high.

I was only pulling your legs with regards to the "No rest" bit.

In addition to what you said, I'll say it would be fascinating to see How this team responds to teams whose game plan would be centered on matching us next season.

I fully expect us barring any injuries to carry on from where we left this season. This means using the same players and tactics after all why change a winning formulae right? Teams around the league know this and you bet they'd be watching our film fottage all through the break period. How we react to these subtle changes might just be the difference between a Scudetto Challenge and merely a Top 4 one. Fingers crossed Pioli has some aces up His sleeves.
Re: The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! by chic2pimp(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
fredoooooo:
Roland17 and chic2pimp , Looking for trouble is our hobby grin

Make una no win win on saturday fess. Na only me and you go remain for this Nairaland angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (75) (Reply)

Manchester City vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 29th May 2021 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 8) On 14 August 2020 / Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.