Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN (25213 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Yungmilio2(m): 1:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
yungchop:
werin you mean by that statement?
Lol just kidding
I dey put you on trips
Longest time. We need to chill out one day
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by gantic: 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
Whaaaatttttttttt......met that madness when i joined Unilorin 16 years ago....cant believe its still there. Someone should see a biz idea in this and capitalise on it.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by akins56(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
Walahi, lautech better pass unilorin by farmer! Omo see queue! Under G and adenike park must bow!
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Claroo(m): 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
1one:

I like the part where you said "You can't just sit in your house and reach that conclusion".. Seeing that you're now a clairvoyant, I wonder how you can't still see the obvious - Unilorin is the best tertiary institution in Nigeria... It's everywhere online.

I'm not one of those people that just spew sentimental nonsense... It's everywhere online.. Unilorin is the best school in Nigeria... Our products are driving innovations in every sphere of life(Me inclusive)... Especially academic, both foreign and local... The youngest PhD student in Nigeria is from Unilorin.... She's just 23 and is currently abroad working on her Doctorate.

Unilorin has a very steady calender.. NO STRIKE!!!... how many federal universities have not had atleast one period of strike in the last 5 sessions.

1. Forget about d rankings u see online,anybody includin U can come online and do his ranking; especially on NL. Even Webometrics rating is based on Web present of d skools and nothing else.
2. NUC is d only body dat can do a credible ranking of all Universities in Nigeria
3. We have witnessed so many innovations done by people dat are products of great skools like OAU,UNILAG,UI etc
4. The youngest PH.D graduates finished 4rm UNILAG aged 24
5. Steady calendar is impressive though,but it does not mean Unilorin is d best Uni in Nigeria.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Sheggy13(m): 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
1one:

I like the part where you said "You can't just sit in your house and reach that conclusion".. Seeing that you're now a clairvoyant, I wonder how you can't still see the obvious - Unilorin is the best tertiary institution in Nigeria... It's everywhere online.

I'm not one of those people that just spew sentimental nonsense... It's everywhere online.. Unilorin is the best school in Nigeria... Our products are driving innovations in every sphere of life(Me inclusive)... Especially academic, both foreign and local... The youngest PhD student in Nigeria is from Unilorin.... She's just 23 and is currently abroad working on her Doctorate.

Unilorin has a very steady calender.. NO STRIKE!!!... how many federal universities have not had atleast one period of strike in the last 5 sessions.

Where did u get that crap from that the youngest PhD student in Nigeria is 23,from Unilorin. Thank God you didn't say PhD graduate but student. I guess you don't read wide and make confirmation before posting trash.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by cc150615(f): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Sheggy13:

Where did u get that crap from that the youngest PhD student in Nigeria is 23,from Unilorin. Thank God you didn't say PhD graduate but student. I guess you don't read wide and make confirmation before posting trash.
You took that right from my mouth, the dude just spewed trash
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by spanzed(m): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
yungchop:
oboy na shunting sure pass o.. #shun_tizzle cheesy which dept you dey?? Let's meet on monday drop your digits.
lol....common law u would see my digits on my signature now....just check it out Thanks
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Curiouscat: 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
Youngman,you don't just say something is a lie not when you are no where near the school around that time. OK!! Oya waka enta tanke undecided undecided
Lefty500:

Na lie, how much was the school population then? Imagine 14k fresher add that to the number of stalite, if you see queue you go run. Staying 2hrs + on a queue, e no easy o.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by 1one: 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
Sheggy13:

Where did u get that crap from that the youngest PhD student in Nigeria is 23,from Unilorin. Thank God you didn't say PhD graduate but student. I guess you don't read wide and make confirmation before posting trash .

You gangsters would be coming to Nairaland to throw your weight around... Please if you don't have better constructive ways to express yourself... Have a nice weekend sir.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by eljanfortis(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
The SUG nd the school is tryin nah,the 2 BRT buses dat re currently functional is an attestament to dat nd OP u get prob oo it as if u wanna "face "tanke wit dis post,d skul has got eyes evrywhere
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Curiouscat: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
demisig:

]

Neva fink I Experienced dis during my Undagraduate days cos I stay in hostel bt I dey always watch nd laf dis kin pipu dat time sha
I swear....those experience are something else. Just one 1414 bus is even functioning then.And the queue will be from bus to block 1 couple with high t.fare. Mind you,bus stop was still at that round about close to senate building as at then.....better by stress
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by barnabas91: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
hahn:
Hmmm. See future leaders of tomorrow.

All I can see here is a business opportunity. Why can't some students go into transportation business. Its obvious there's a demand for it. Nigerian students will rather join secret cults, party, f*ck and form big boy/girl instead of looking critically at challenges around them and offering solutions thereby creating wealth and employment for themselves and others.

Keep queueing up till una get sense
Guy I swear u no lie...I dey go find whr to buy small car give am out 2 person for daily return.
#proudlyUnilorite
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Mykel4God(m): 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
That's the result of admitting more than require
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by yungchop: 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
Yungmilio2:

Lol just kidding
I dey put you on trips
Longest time. We need to chill out one day
I come CIS on thursday na.. I see wheesin, I ask of you self but e be like say u don go house dat tyme.. I go enter that place on tuesday sha.. grin spanzed we go meet on monday
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by fisaylab: 3:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
hahn:

All I can see here is a business opportunity. Why can't some students go into transportation business. Its obvious there's a demand for it. Nigerian students will rather join secret cults, party, f*ck and form big boy/girl instead of looking critically at challenges around them and offering solutions thereby creating wealth and employment for themselves and others.

food for the hungry.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by kika23(f): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
Better by far....... If I hear.... We used to walk towards the stadium to hijack cabs.... Korope was never an option....
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Adedayo516(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
mu2sa2:
You may have intended ur post as pun, but seriously the best option for these hapless students is to get bicycles. l know ilorin fairly well. l have seen unilorin students at challenge bus stop standing in meandering queues for hours waiting for bus. A bicycle ride to the campus from that place will take less than 30 minutes. Many students live in Tanke, which is even closer to campus. lf a student has a bike he saves money and time.But some are too proud or ignorant to recognize what's good for them.
No.. I was very serious about that post.... "As a student" that is the best means of transportation you can ever ask for... You get fit and you save money!!! Too proud to use a bicycle but not too ignorant to stand in a queue for 2hours??..it doesn't add up!!!!

Here in UI you see male and female riding their bikes(not necessarily cheap) with pride.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Adedayo516(m): 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
amanze15:
lol, its roughly 4.5 km from the main gate
In Denmark, most people commute to work and school and everywhere on there bikes. Most going over 15km... There no excuse, I mean, all you have to do is paddle a gear controlled pedal!!!

Is it any harder than standing in a queue for 2hours??
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by paulsir: 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
we dont need to complain about all things.There are two people at the busstop in lagos,one was saying ohhhh! people are too many in lagos just because there are about two hundred people trying to catch buses from that same busstop but the person beside him think deep and said ohhhh! how i wish i could get money to buy bus or buses so as to be conveying people from here to where they are going.lesson learnt:Think of what you can gain from every situations whether good or bad,whether favourable or otherwise.Think idea stop complaining.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by redsun(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
Look at the unkept ans dusty university environment. How will they ever grow up mentally accepting that as a way of life in the 21 century undergraduates?
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by adepiero: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
Curiouscat:
Trust me....it is much better now. Ask around what 2007/2008 look like when peeps will sit down inside boot,follow tipper(that truck use for carrying sand) and some even trek out of school.
Bro you sef remember Abi? I wan quit school that year because of queuing.

You go trek reach dam and fight, before person go carry you. undecided but when I look back now, I just laugh it off as one of those things you encounter in the university grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by alpontif(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
hahn:

God bless you my brother...I have been looking for the problem, i no see am...all I see is a vast business opportunity that I am begining to want to tap into..

If anybody is on ground in that school and has an idea on solving the transport issue..let me know...I can arrange finance for it...we ll then scale it up if it booms..
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by oluwadanie1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
Lwkmdo....na skul b dis?
So na hype ona dey hype am since?
Lwkmdo

Dem nor even get skul bus wey only 1 faculty for oda skuls dey get over 10

we have school buses, its still not helping matters
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by HoluwadareY(m): 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
Pdizzle:
thought you are better by far, what happened
search for 'simplimove in unilorin' alot of tins hav been put in place to resolve d issue....we nw book 4 bus spaces online....d sch is going paperless:everytin is becoming automated! Simply beta by faa
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by eaglechild: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
Very filthy environment sad.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by rkarang: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
yungchop:
bros.. U no know the distance of the school from the gate that's why... Ask my guys wheesin yungmilio2 opey4luv rkarang etc you go know wassup wassup .. The distance be like 23kilometers.. cheesy but mod why front page na?? Why u dey open our nyash na?? What if kachisbarbie come see am na? E fit lead to divorce o grin

Nto-oo tonguetongue cheesy I stay on campus tonguetongue In other words, everything is moving smoothly, right here.

However, I feel for my fellow students that are experiencing this horrible situation.

Many of them are so smart that they've devised means of getting on with it.

What a cavalier attitude........
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Sheggy13(m): 6:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
1one:

You gangsters would be coming to Nairaland to throw your weight around... Please if you don't have better constructive ways to express yourself... Have a nice weekend sir.
I'm no gangster buddy. I just have a problem with people beating their chest with unsubstantiated info. It would do you good to verify stuffs before posting them on a public forum cos not everyone is dumb to swallow all hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by wheesin(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
rkarang:

Nto-oo tonguetongue cheesy I stay on campus tonguetongue In other words, everything is moving smoothly, right here.

However, I feel for my fellow students that are experiencing this horrible situation.

RRKANG!!!!!!!
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by wheesin(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
rkarang:

RRAKRANG!!!!!!!
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by curiouses: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
It was not like this until the era of a man that chose to make money over good image for the school. Imaging a school that can not cater for 5,000 new intakes admitting over 13,000 students in a year. Ambali cares is all about money and not the welfare of the students.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Mollybobog1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
stay at school at 4pm n know wot shunting is all abt
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Mollybobog1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
stay in school till 4pm n know wot shunting is all abt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture) / Babatunde Babajide: Even While Fasting, I Read A Minimum Of 8 Hours A Day / Tattoo Expert Bizzyaski Writes Open Letter To AKSU VC Over His Tattoo Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.