Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Will The World Realy Come To An End? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The World Realy Come To An End? (1985 Views)

Did God Realy Killed Innocent People As Claim By Atheist? / Did Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Realy Commit Adultery? / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2008
hello fellow members,please i want to know if realy the world will come to an end,bicos i have been hearing this since when i was a kid and my dad told me same too,so i dont know if anybody in the house can help me.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:57am On Dec 03, 2008
Sure I can tell you it will never happen at least not in anybodys life time. Check these out

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" Matthew 24:34 (the end times)
"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." Mark 9:1
This is what Jesus himself supposedly said it never came to pass, do not hold your breath.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by pcmecom(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2008
According to the "MAYANS" they believe the world will come to an end on 21st december 2012. I pray all of us will be alive to see what happens.
Till then!!!!
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by sanoosy(m): 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2008
All things on this material universe follow d natural cycle of birth - fruitation/maturation - over ripenness and then death as a necessary end including d Earth itself just like d human body.Indeed there will be a last day and all religious prophesis wit rgds to this happening are attesting d approach of dis end.But that is not important,what is important to we humans is how do u stand b4 ur God at dis moment not in d past or future in this way u will be conscious of ur spiritual alertness by being on ur guard at all times.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by tpia: 12:30am On Dec 04, 2008
well, if some fanatic from anywhere gets his hands on enough nuclear weapons, the world may very well come to an end.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2008
i agree with you tpia,but will the world realy come to an end?
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by sexy888: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2008
i dont believe it will come to an end.the life ends when anyone dies,so just keep on enjoying yourself as it lasts.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2009
are u sure sexxy 888?
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by BloodShed1: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2009
''As it was in the beginning, it is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen''

Enough said, the contradictions are too much.

The world will end thanks to religion, religion hinders the progress and development of society, it's like AIDS almost, just an uncurable virus.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by KnowAll(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2009
everything that has a begining we surely have an end. The world will definately come to an end but when is anybodys guess only Him who created it can tell.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by Image123(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2009
Surely,it will,Be patient people,a thousand years is like one day before God,so if God says next tomorrow after Jesus resurrected,that would be in two days time.In our eyes,that would be 2000+.that could be anytime from now.what if he said,next week,that's still pretty soon to Him,though that's long long long to us on earth,because of our nature,just 75yrs and we're tired already.God has all the time,He's got all eternity.when it will,the world will come to an end.Nobody knows when but God.more importantly,how prepared are you for that end.you could be gone too soon next week.No man can assuredly boast of his life/when he'll die.All the same,prepare to meet your God.Don't be tired in watching,we don't know when he shall come
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2009
Image123:

Surely,it will,Be patient people,a thousand years is like one day before God,so if God says next tomorrow after Jesus resurrected,that would be in two days time.In our eyes,that would be 2000+.that could be anytime from now.what if he said,next week,that's still pretty soon to Him,though that's long long long to us on earth,because of our nature,just 75yrs and we're tired already.God has all the time,He's got all eternity.when it will,the world will come to an end.Nobody knows when but God.more importantly,how prepared are you for that end.you could be gone too soon next week.No man can assuredly boast of his life/when he'll die.All the same,prepare to meet your God.Don't be tired in watching,we don't know when he shall come

No be only grin grin grin
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 10:53am On Jan 09, 2009
image that was a good one.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by kolaoloye(m): 8:44am On Jan 13, 2009
Surely this world (the habitats and inhabitants) would surely come to an end, just a matter of time.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by Sissy3(f): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2009
i believe that one dies their own world have surely come to an end cool
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by manmustwac(m): 12:16am On Jan 14, 2009
~Sissy~:

i believe that one dies their own world have surely come to an end cool
lol Yeah and thats how the world will come to an end. It will come to end to every individual individually at the end of that persons lifetime grin
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2009
i some how agree with your reply
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by marvisken: 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2009
your world ends when you die.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2009
marvis is that true?
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by Recognise: 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
deleted
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by Recognise: 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2009
deleted
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by ajadrage: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2009
Yes the world as we know it to be today will surely end someday, somehow. However, this is not going to be the cessation of life on the earth as earth 2.0 will be populated by faithful men and women from this present system. In the new earth, the truth of existence would prosper and those who have chosen to identify with that truth in their lifetimes on this present system would be the beneficiaries of the next system. . .
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by huxley(m): 1:22am On Jan 26, 2009
Poster,

What do you mean by "end"? Do you mean;

1) The total disappearance of ALL of reality to be replaced by abject nothingness - no matter, no energy, no minds, no gods, no spirit, no etc, no etc?

2) The demise of one or another individual? Which means the loss of their minds, but their matter gets taken up into nature.

3) The stopping of the passage of time?

What exactly to you mean? If you dad did not provide some context and further illucidation, then he is an idiot and totally stupid and ignorant.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by Maykelly(f): 11:27am On Jan 26, 2009
@segyemaro,

are you saying that your dad told you lie or deceiving you by telling you that the world will come to an end?
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2009
yea something like dat.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2009
so what do you say?
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by jagunlabi(m): 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2009
The end of the "world" that is taken from the scriptures from most religious people is a misconception borne out of the mistranslation from the original texts.The mistranslated word here is "EON" which was mistranslated into the english "WORLD".Eon means "AGE",or "ERA",not "WORLD".
The old era or eon will end and a new one will be born.An age of a new beginning,a new earth.Here's a video that elucidates more on this in a spiritual sense.
A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2009
i did not ghet your point.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by eghosaobas: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2009
i belive the world ends when you die.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by jagunlabi(m): 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2009
segyemaro:

i did not ghet your point.
What is it you did not get,exactly?
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by segyemaro(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
About all you said,i need more explanation.
Re: Will The World Realy Come To An End? by jagunlabi(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
segyemaro:

About all you said,i need more explanation.
Did you watch the video clip?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Any Atheists Argue That Atheism Is Science? / Religion And Hypocrisy In Nigeria / How To Respond To Temptation Wisely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.