Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (24631 Views)

Solve This Simple Maths If You Can:::::::::::::::::::::::: / Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja / 10,000 Maths Question And Answer For Waec, Jamb, Gce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Walexey(m): 1:06am On Dec 07, 2014
demsid:
I think the answer should b 4 o. but wen I wake up tmrw cos I'm about to sleep now. I'll try n solve it again
I also got 4
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by demsid(m): 1:15am On Dec 07, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

2-4=-2
. TONYE001:
(1-(1-(2-3)-2) plus 3)
(1-(1--1-2) plus 3)
(1-(1plus1-2) plus 3)
(1-(0) plus 3)
(1plus3)
4. TONYE001 this is where I think your mistake is. (1-(0) plus 3) =1-3= -2. so 2--2= 4.
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by demsid(m): 1:17am On Dec 07, 2014
icebeatz:
2 - [1 - (1 - [2 - 3] - 2) + 3]

I POSTED THIS MATHS QUESTION ON MY FACEBOOK GROUP AND OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT COMMENTED, ONLY ONE PERSON GOT IT RIGHT!!

NOW, I AM BRINGING IT TO NAIRALAND.

so icebeatz talk d answer before I wake up o. cos this your maths technical. it looks simple but the wise will know its not. those parentheses and square brackets get application.
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 07, 2014
demsid:
so icebeatz talk d answer before I wake up o. cos this your maths technical. it looks simple but the wise will know its not. those parentheses and square brackets get application.

Watch out for the answer 2morrow evening
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by realK: 1:59am On Dec 07, 2014
demsid:

If you are not sleeping yet, read the answer now!

Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 07, 2014
realK:

Calm ur nerves. Tonight, I will post the answer.
8pm
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2014
icebeatz:

Calm ur nerves. Tonight, I will post the answer.
8pm

Dix guy is joking with us. I will flog u with cane if -2 is correct which I know it is.
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by JbravoAdodger(m): 6:35am On Dec 07, 2014
What r u all smoking? The answer is 16!
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:42am On Dec 07, 2014
JbravoAdodger:
What r u all smoking? The answer is 16!
Prove it!!
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by demsid(m): 6:55am On Dec 07, 2014
realK:

how u take sure say na -2 the owner of the question self never talk say -2 correct
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by JbravoAdodger(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

Prove it!!

Come back in 1 week
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Yinkatolu: 8:25am On Dec 07, 2014
I will Neva agree with anything outside -2 no matter how u prove it

1 Like

Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by armadeo(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by obedz(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
2-[1-(1-[2-3]-2)+3]

using BODMAS

==> 2-[1-(1-5-2)+3]

==> 2-[1-(1-7)+3]

===>2-[1-8+3]

===>2-[1-11]

===> 2-12

===>-10 cool
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Walexey(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
icebeatz come n provide d solution oh
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Walexey:
icebeatz come n provide d solution oh

8 pm tonight!
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by amhackdee(m): 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
2-[1-(1-[2-3]-2) + 3]
» 2-[1-(1-[-1]-2)+3]
»2-[1-(2-2)+3]
»2-[1-(0)+3]
»2-[1]+3
»2-1+3
Answer = 4
Am 100% sure !!!!!!!!!!! Hit like button if you support me.

8 Likes

Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by simdam500(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
2 - [1 - (1 - [-1] - 2) + 3]
2 - [1 - (1 + 1 - 2) + 3]
2 - [1 - (2 - 2) + 3]
2 - [1 - 2 + 2 + 3]
2 - [4]

QED.

mention me
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Basildvalour(m): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

-(-1)=1..U made a mistake.
we are not opening brackets with and we are not multiplying neither are we expanding exponents...Everything there is a linear plus and minus, the brackets were just there to separate them
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Basildvalour:
we are not opening brackets with and we are not multiplying neither are we expanding exponents...Everything there is a linear plus and minus, the brackets were just there to separate them
Nope. U're supposed to respect every sign and symbol in a mathematical calculation. He's jux trying to deceive us. This is ABC mathematics.
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by realK: 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
demsid:
how u take sure say na -2 the owner of the question self never talk say -2 correct

My calculation says it is -2
Number of pple with -2 is more, the crowd is right most of the time, though average of all answers could have been more appropriate.
Change all the [] to () and open you excel app, focus a cell in the worksheet, type = and paste the expression, this is the acid test.

To all those with other answers other than -2, check your bodmas and counting skills.
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
realK:

My calculation says it is -2
Number of pple with -2 is more, the crowd is right most of the time, though average of all answers could have been more appropriate.
Change all the [] to () and open you excel app, focus a cell in the worksheet, type = and paste the expression, this is the acid test.

To all those with other answers other than -2, check your bodmas and counting skills.

loool... calculator could be wrong and lots of follow follow i see!!

this question was specifically designed to quip calculators
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by adeememman(m): 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
ansa is 2
2-1-1-2+3-2+3=+2
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by adeememman(m): 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
where my gift @ op
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
adeememman:
where my gift @ op

Wait for the answe!
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by adeememman(m): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
icebeatz:

Wait for the answe!
okay naw
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by demsid(m): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
icebeatz abi 8 never nack for where u dey. do u stay in France too.

1 Like

Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by FlexyGy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
?.
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by shaggy007(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
icebeatz:

I POSTED THIS MATHS QUESTION ON MY FACEBOOK GROUP AND OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT COMMENTED, ONLY ONE PERSON GOT IT RIGHT!!

NOW, I AM BRINGING IT TO NAIRALAND.

1 Like

Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by mikeywise(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
The answer is definitely +4

1 Like

Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Icebeatz I can see u. Oya tell us d answer now.
Re: Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
[b]AM I FREE TO SAY THE ANSWER NOWW

HAS EVERYONE ATTEMPTED THIS

I WANT YOU PEOPLE TO ALSO VISIT MY SMALL BLOG SPANKTHEDONUT..COM

ITS AN AD FREE BLOG. SHOW ME LOVE THERE AND I WILL SHOW LOVE BACK!!

AM I FREE TO POST THE ANSWER NOW?[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

ASUU Foresees Increase In Fees, If Demands Not Met / Federal Polytechnic Oko Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / School Of Nursing Examination Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.