Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,354 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers (1150 Views)

13 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria / ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers by aooo(m): 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
With the situation of things in this country as regards to employment, I think graduates are being mentally abused.
How will you describe a situation where you have 50 minutes for 50 questions. 25 conc mathematics questions(that you will have to work your ass out), that you are still battling with for the next 1hr 30mins. 25 verbal evaluation which is usually the last part. The painful part is you can't access the verbal session without completing the mathematics session.
The verbal session is usually simple but believe me, you would have wasted enough time on the mathematics session.
And mind you not everyone is good with mathematics.
I think workforce, dragnet and the likes should review their approach.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers by davide470(m): 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
aooo:
With the situation of things in this country as regards to employment, I think graduates are being mentally abused.
How will you describe a situation where you have 50 minutes for 50 questions. 25 conc mathematics questions(that you will have to work your ass out), that you are still battling with for the next 1hr 30mins. 25 verbal evaluation which is usually the last part. The painful part is you can't access the verbal session without completing the mathematics session.
The verbal session is usually simple but believe me, you would have wasted enough time on the mathematics session.
Really! grin
Re: Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers by aooo(m): 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
davide470:
Really! grin
You no de 9ja
Ask arnd bro
Re: Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers by davide470(m): 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
aooo:

You no de 9ja
Ask arnd bro
Who make I ask na, bro?
Re: Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers by aooo(m): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
davide470:
Who make I ask na, bro?
If u ask me!! Who I go ask??
Am so sure u sef don experience am
Re: Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers by enimcnite(m): 1:28am On Dec 07, 2014
it is well
Re: Nigerian Graduates Are Mentally Abused By Employers by phetty(m): 2:13am On Dec 07, 2014
aooo:

Bro, that's what the level of unemployment in Nigeria has caused. Imagine a scenario where you needed just 20 persons for a position and thousands of people applied, what would you do: cancel the recruitment or engineer means of getting your required 20

The truth is most of the applicants who applied for a position are qualified for the job, but weeding needed to be carried out to get "bests of the bests."

Since you can't change the system, my advice is you step up your game. I used to be and still an admirer of Mathematics, but because it only can't make me pass an aptitude test, I started liking Verbal/English

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Novestech Nigeria Is Recruiting / VACANCIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Neconde Energy Limited Job Vacancies (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.