Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. (2681 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? / Your Favourite Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 07, 2014
Most of us same as I have one or even more favourite bible verse we quote anytime we are distressed,doubtful or in danger etc. Well,I do have mine and they are:

And who is he that would harm me if I be a follower of that which is good (1st Peter 3 vs 13)

I have set the Lord always before me because he is at my right hand I shall not be moved(Psalm 16 vs cool

When the Lord turned the captivity of Zion,we were like them that dream...then was our mouth filled with laughter(psalm 126 vs 1,2)

You can drop yours and be sure to include the bible verse too. HAPPY SUNDAY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by fr3do(m): 5:20am On Dec 07, 2014
Where Jesu turned water into maya
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by stuff46(m): 5:21am On Dec 07, 2014
john 11:35
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 07, 2014
stuff46:
john 11:35
Write the whole verse...most of us don't know it grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Patangela: 5:27am On Dec 07, 2014
Ps 23
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by chibwike(m): 5:29am On Dec 07, 2014
Psalm 86...i read it everyday

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by chibwike(m): 5:30am On Dec 07, 2014
Jennimma:

Write the whole verse...most of us don't know it grin
At least we all have bibles..we can check it out ourselves.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Priceless24(f): 5:45am On Dec 07, 2014
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever- Ephesians 3:20-21

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by BreezyRita(f): 5:51am On Dec 07, 2014
I have lots and lots of fav......
I use whichever is suitable in a situation.
Here are few:

Romans 11:5
Even so at this present time, there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Lamentations 3:37
Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

Romans 9:16
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.

Romans 8:31
What shall we then say, to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

#ComingBack

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Tallesty1(m): 6:12am On Dec 07, 2014
BreezyRita:
Here are few:

Even so at this present time, there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God

What shall we then say, to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

#ComingBack
You should own a church already.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 07, 2014
"...and the two shall become one"

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Infomizer(m): 6:19am On Dec 07, 2014
Ezekiel 23:19
Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Ecclesiastes 4:11
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?

grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by johnw74: 6:20am On Dec 07, 2014
This is one of my favourites:

2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

It helps to endure.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Austin234(m): 6:22am On Dec 07, 2014
'Greater love hath no man than these, that a man shud lay down his life 4 his friends'. John 15 vs 13

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 07, 2014
Priceless24:
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever- Ephesians 3:20-21
I love this bible verse too
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by holatin(m): 7:03am On Dec 07, 2014
song of Solomon chapter 1 vs 1
kiss me with the kisses of thy mouth cus.....

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by GboyegaD(m): 7:12am On Dec 07, 2014
Doubtless thou hath our father...... Is. 63:16.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2014
Job 5:19-27

19- He shall deliver ME in six troubles, yes in Seven, there shall no evil touch ME smiley

20- In famine, He shall redeem ME from death, and in war, the power of the sword.

21- I shall be hid from the scourge of the tongue neither shall I be afraid of destruction when it cometh.

22- At destruction and famine, I shall laugh, neither shall I be afraid of the beasts of the earth.

23- I shall be in league with the stones of the field and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with ME

24- I shall know that my tabernacle shall be in peace, and I shall visit my habitation and shall not sin

25- I shall know that my seeds shall be great and my offsprings as the grass of the earth.

26- I shall come to my grave in a full age like as a shock of corn cometh in, in its season.

27- Lo this, we have searched it. so it is, I have heard it and I know it is for my own good smiley

My other all time favourite is Psalm 121

Happy Sunday Jennimma

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 07, 2014
BreezyRita:
Here are few:

#ComingBack

Pastor Mrs. BreezyRita. Awayu smiley
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Kunleskey(m): 7:26am On Dec 07, 2014
Romans 8 vs 1-3
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by vicot(m): 7:57am On Dec 07, 2014
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by TrishaP(f): 7:58am On Dec 07, 2014
Psalm 17:8-9
Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings.

From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about. …

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Matthew 5: 2-10. I can recite them for as many times

And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake:

Proverbs 5: 21
For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and he pondereth all his goings.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Romans 8: 14 and 16

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I can go on and on buh...

Happy Sunday all

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by pryd(m): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2014
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline 2Tim1:7
How great is God-beyond our understanding! The number of His years is past finding out. Job 36:26

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2014
John 3:16.
Psalm 23 & 24

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by tijjanioyan: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2014
Neh 8v4-6

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
I'm presently in church but in Children Dept where I serve.
THIS TOPIC WAS JUST ON MY MIND TO POST... cheesy

1 Tim. 2: 20;
But in a great house, there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and earth...

It is important to me because I dread the danger of being or having anything short than God's best!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by lynkyinka(m): 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
at this time of the year

Psalm 65:11 KJV
Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
Psalm 97:1-6

God rules: there's something to shout over! On the double, mainlands and islands—celebrate!

Bright clouds and storm clouds circle 'round him;
Right and justice anchor his rule.

Fire blazes out before him,
Flaming high up the craggy mountains.

His lightnings light up the world;
Earth, wide-eyed, trembles in fear.

The mountains take one look at God
And melt, melt like wax before earth's Lord.

The heavens announce that he'll set everything right, and everyone will see it happen—glorious!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
Habakkuk 3:17-19

Though the cherry trees don't blossom and the strawberries don't ripen,

Though the apples are worm-eaten
and the wheat fields stunted,

Though the sheep pens are sheepless
and the cattle barns empty,

I'm singing joyful praise to God.

I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail,

I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.

I feel like I'm king of the mountain!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by zyzxx(m): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
chibwike:
Psalm 86...i read it everyday
I just re-read it nw and it a Gud chapter to fellowship wit God, thanks bro, I will add it to my daily reading.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by zyzxx(m): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." (1 John 3:16).

"And they sang in a mighty chorus: "Worthy is the Lamb who was slaughtered-- to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing."" (Revelation 5:12). I love dis because dis Is 7 things I enjoy as my salvation.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. " (John 14:23).
Am so Apy because trinity his in me...
roman 8, It strength me.
and so on.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. by zyzxx(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
BreezyRita:
Here are few:

#ComingBack
waiting for u...

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Implications Of Inbreeding as practised In Muslim Society / Mohammed Or Jesus, Who Is The Perfect Role Model / The Non Sequiturs Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.