Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Your Favourite Bible Verse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favourite Bible Verse (17689 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favourite Bible Verse by freelance(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2006
Share your favourite bible verse.
Mine is John 3:16----For God so loved the world that he gave hs only begotten son that who so ever beliveth in him shall not die but have everlasting life

Shares yours and lets learn from you.
Godspeed!
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by chy(f): 10:50am On Nov 30, 2006
Obadiah1:17b
, and the children of isreal shall possess their possession
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by kachii(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2006
joshua chap1vs5
no man will be able to oppose you all the days of your life.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by budaatum: 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2006
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
Deuteronomy 8:3
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Free(f): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2006
psalm 23
psalm 64

mattew 6:33

etc , etc grin
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by franc1982(m): 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2006
Hey Free,
Did u do that painting on ur profile?
I'm serious about this, it left me stunned.
Did u paint it? shocked
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by franc1982(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2006
I didn't know how retarded my spiritual growth was until I couldn't come up with a single Bible verse.
Something is wrong with me?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Grouppoint(m): 10:46am On Dec 06, 2006
Psalm 1: 1-3

1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Bolarge(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2006
Phil3:10
That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection,
and the fellowship of His sufferings,being conformed to His death. .
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Oracle(m): 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2006
mine is Matt 7:7

Ask and it shall be given
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by earthrealm(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2007
1. the race is not to the swift, neither the fight to the strong1

2.all things work together 4 those who love GOD!

but guess what am not so sure i know the exact chapter in the bible!,
holla if u do.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by tamj(f): 5:24am On Jul 30, 2007
Ecclesiastes 3:4 ~ A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2007
Isaiah 43:25-26

"I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. , ." vs 25.

"And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us." 1st John 5:14.

And Lastly, i love those verses that has the word ", And it shall come to pass" It reminds me that no condition is permanent.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2007
Luke 1:45 -- "And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Aproko(f): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2007
train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he would not depart from it - proverbs 22:6
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2007
Aproko:

train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he would not depart from it - proverbs 22:6
you will surely make a good mother.

mine is[b] "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"[/b], i believe thats the best prayer of intercession from the mouth of the  part of the most high to we humans even at the point of our greatest atrocities commited against him.

do we even deserve that prayer now, it should even be the opposite because we all know what we are doing now
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Jul 31, 2007
1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

This is a great privilege to know that the Son of God became the Son of Man so as to make man the sons and daughters of God. smiley
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by otuwe(f): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2007
enitan2002:

you will surely make a good mother.

mine is[b] "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"[/b], i believe thats the best prayer of intercession from the mouth of the part of the most high to we humans even at the point of our greatest atrocities commited against him.

do we even deserve that prayer now, it should even be the opposite because we all know what we are doing now

if we knew what we were doing Christ wudnt have said they know not wat they do undecided undecided

anyway i have two.

1. Jesus wept. i dont know the verse

2. I go back to my father and you shall see me no more i dont know the verse too

[size=18pt]am i unserious or wat[/size] undecided undecided undecided
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2007
otuwe:

if we knew what we were doing Christ wudnt have said they know not what they do undecided undecided

anyway i have two.

1. Jesus wept. i don't know the verse

2. I go back to my father and you shall see me no more i don't know the verse too

[size=18pt]am i unserious or what[/size] undecided undecided undecided

thats really cool, i wanted to say the 1st one you mentioned here but i had a change of mind
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2007
Darling. . . Lol. Here:

otuwe:

1. Jesus wept. i don't know the verse

John 11:35.

otuwe:

2. I go back to my father and you shall see me no more i don't know the verse too

John 16:10 - 'Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more'

otuwe:

[size=18pt]am i unserious or what[/size] undecided undecided undecided

You always have been . . . and U know I look up to ya. Don't let me down now Oh!

Anyway, good morning! Hugs. grin
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Darling. . . Lol. Here:

John 16:10 - 'Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more'

You always have been . . . and You know I look up to ya. Don't let me down now Oh!

madam interpreter you are welcome on-board, otuwe don let you down already and you know that tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2007
enitan2002:

madam interpreter you are welcome on-board, otuwe don let you down already and you know that tongue tongue tongue tongue

Yeah right! After you let me down big time! grin

@otuwe, no mind the gentleman. You go prevail. wink

Isa. 40:31 - 'But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.'
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Yeah right! After you let me down big time! grin

@otuwe, no mind the gentleman. You go prevail. wink

Isa. 40:31 - 'But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.'

haba wetin i do now,
ok am sorry you know things can be moving straight for people and it's things like this that make US to be stronger in our relationship on NL, i promise to make it up to you next time, ok dear?

"IN THE BEGINNING, GOD CREATED HEAVEN & THE EARTH"
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2007
enitan2002:

haba wetin i do now,
ok am sorry you know things can be moving straight for people and it's things like this that make US to be stronger in our relationship on Nairaland, i promise to make it up to you next time, ok dear?

Okay. . . here is a big one:

[size=14pt]HUGS[/size] grin cheesy

---------
Job 19:25 - 'For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth'
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Okay. . . here is a big one:

[size=14pt]HUGS[/size] grin cheesy

---------
Job 19:25 - 'For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth'

so have we ended our beef?
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by otuwe(f): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Darling. . . Lol. Here:

You always have been . . . and You know I look up to ya. Don't let me down now Oh!

u didnt disappoint me girlfriend. i knew u wud look it up for me. thanks dat y u r my girl.

now pls find this one for me too. wink

in the begining was the word and the word was with God and he word was God
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2007
otuwe:

u didnt disappoint me girlfriend. i knew u would look it up for me. thanks that y you're my girl.

now please find this one for me too. wink

in the begining was the word and the word was with God and he word was God

thats why am here to help my dear otuwe(pilgrim hope u no vex 4 me), that statement you qouted above is john1:1, hope am right o i dont want otuwe to eat me raw
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2007
1 John 2:15-16 (KJV)

15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
  1 John.2:15,16.
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2007
@enitan2002, but dear b/f, we no get beef before nowww, abi? grin

@otuwe, lol. . . I'm glad he's helped out. See? I look up to you guys a lot. smiley

---------

Heb. 12:14 - 'Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.'
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 01, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@enitan2002, but dear b/f, we no get beef before nowww, abi? grin

@otuwe, lol. . . I'm glad he's helped out. See? I look up to you guys a lot. smiley

---------

Heb. 12:14 - 'Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.'

ok i don hear thanks
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by pilgrim1(f): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2007
enitan2002:

ok i don hear thanks

Hugs. wink
Meanwhile, I saw your invites only recently when I was tidying my mailbox - it went rather to the 'bulk mail' instead of my inbox. It often does that when someone mails me a url or weblink. Thanks.

------------

Deut. 12:7 -- "And there ye shall eat before the LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the LORD thy God hath blessed thee."
Re: Your Favourite Bible Verse by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 02, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Hugs. wink
Meanwhile, I saw your invites only recently when I was tidying my mailbox - it went rather to the 'bulk mail' instead of my inbox. It often does that when someone mails me a url or weblink. Thanks.

------------

Deut. 12:7 -- "And there ye shall eat before the LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the LORD thy God hath blessed thee."

thats my girl, just IM on enitany20022005@yahoo.com me whenever you are online we need to exchange contacts so that we can hook up, am taking it to the next level.

qoute from the epistle of enitan to pilgrim Chp 1:1a-1B in the holy book of Nairaland romane
that is my ever best biblical verse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar / Gunmen ECWA Church In Kaduna, One Killed, Others Abducted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.