Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu (14555 Views)

What Went Wrong With Fashola? / Buhari In Love With Fashola / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by TheRealMrStan(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2014
National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has insisted that there is no feud or tussle between himself and current governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN; contrary to widespread media reports on the perceived feud.

In a statement issued by his media office on Satturday, Tinubu said, “For a while now, I have noticed and read many published political stories on Lagos politics in particular and the personalities involved that are either concocted, unsubstantiated, pure conjectures or outright falsehood.

“In this instance, I reference a recent story run by a major newspaper concerning my successor and me. There is no doubt that political charlatans and enemies are at work, fueling unnecessary rumour and insinuations and seeking to drive a wedge in an otherwise cordial and respectful political relationship.

“My relationship with Governor Fashola remains cordial both at the personal level and at the level of commitment to ensuring Lagos State remains on the path of political stability, growth and development

“Whether Governor Fashola had a specific candidate or not isn’t the issue here. What is important is to have a transparent process in the spirit of democracy to which we both subscribe. We often debate, agree or disagree. But when it comes to concluding on the interest of Lagos State, we are on the same page.

“The current situation and issues around the Lagos Gubernatorial primary are being overblown. What we have done is ensure that no one is denied his or her rights to participate and compete for any elective position. Such a disposition should not translate into anger and divisiveness of the party as it is being peddled. Conflicts and disagreements are part of every political process. The capacity to solve these conflicts in-house and not on the pages of newspaper is a tradition in Lagos.

“We warn the people of Lagos state against speculative, self-serving stories aimed at destabilising the party and its leadership. The media must be wary of accepting or publishing stories that seek to pursue a narrow political agenda. Rather, they should make their paper a platform for proper news dissemination and constructive analysis such that can help our country tackle the current security problem, create jobs”, the statement read.

“At my age and with my level of political experience, I am expected to seek for solutions, work for reconciliations and find a common ground where disagreements exist.

That is what I have dedicated myself to in the larger interest of Lagos State and Nigeria at large. That is what Governor Babatunde Fashola and myself are about. That is what Lagos state deserves as Nigeria’s pacesetter in terms of democracy and development”, Tinubu asserted.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tinubu-my-relationship-with-fashola-is-intact/195984/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by ozo13(m): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2014
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2014
what concerns me, am here in France following nairaland in 3D.

1 Like

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Iroh88(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2014
Deleting this Nairaland app straight away!! This is some ol bulllshiit!! 286 unread msgs. angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by neuljosh(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2014
[size=16pt]Tinubu deceiving Lagos State since Democracy [/size]

13 Likes

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by DesChyko: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2014
Una quarrel o, una good terms o, how e take affect the price of 'one cup of rice'?
Shift go front make I see 2015 jare..
#FreshAirTinz.. Whether from PDP or APC..no wahala.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2014
Good for you! undecided
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Samiceman: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2014
ozo13:
grin we don hear.
Nawa for you ooo,how many threads u want be first to comment?
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by adepiero: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2014
An osun state man controlling the affairs in Lagos! smh undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by holatin(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2014
Yes I still saw them at Iya risi canteen yesterday even though some people are trying to drive a rift between them.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by philusaau(f): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2014
Tinubu no get choice than to be in good term wit fashola.
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by NaijaOptimist: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2014
Real politicians,business men and adults will always see the positives in their differences.

1 Like

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by deejayterabyte(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2014
Wetin happen na? Frontpage topics tooo much

1 Like

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by robinhoodd2(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2014
booked
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by viczing(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2014
ajibolabd:
ok

The NL post thing on fp now is startling only 3 comments and it's on fp, wonder whose doing all this but it's making NL uncool carry news full everywhere even newsnow, never update news like this just this Sunday morning there's almost 9+ news on fb. Nawa ooo, you guys should reduce the number of news on fp...its damn too much and most of them are irrelevant.....ahhhh

Meanwhile tinubu dat 1 concern u, a governor that has not congratulated the one that won the primaries shows he is not contempted wt d result

3 Likes

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Benfaco: 8:09am On Dec 07, 2014
Finally made fp. Better days ahead! happy Sunday!
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by aristocrazzy: 8:09am On Dec 07, 2014
Well said Tinubu as it is not right for lagos's biggest leaders to quarrel. APC all the way!
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by UnknownT: 8:09am On Dec 07, 2014
philusaau:
Tinubu no get choice than to be in good term wit fashola.
i think it should be the other way round

1 Like

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Ajibel(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2014
I doubted those reports earlier. Good thing he has come out to clear the air.
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Larryupsy: 8:10am On Dec 07, 2014
Yes, Mr Tinubu was right, It's Just the media that is escalating this issue, politicians creating mountain where there is none through the Media. People should know that this is politics and whoever controls the delegates who comprises of the political appointees and stewards who were even loyal to Jagaban wins the Primary election, so far the election was not rigged, so why all the noise, It only shows Tinubu still holds firmly to his loyalist. In as much I dislike Tinubu,but that's the bitter truth

4 Likes

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by kayojosephy(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2014
I dont expect dem not to be in good terms its just whoever his person is in charge gets d higher largesse..... Lesson for we d masses wey go just dey fyt ourselves instead of been united....2face's song 'E be like say' cums to mind

1 Like

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by NotNairalandi(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2014
K
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by youngice(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2014
Seun doesn't understand the law ofdiminishing returns, it does pay to flood FP with so many topics at a go ,they aren't allowed to get to maturity before being relegated to the background
@ the topic lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Swash042(m): 8:14am On Dec 07, 2014
alrit
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2014
I made this comment somewhere else.

Jagaban, the good godfather! When it comes to head-hunting political godsons, I trust tinubu. There must be something he sees in ambode.

I remember personally opposing and arguing against fashola's candidacy in 2007,but he's turned out well.

From mamora to abike to aregbesola to gbajabiamila, this guy has created political stars,say what you will.

Btw the correct expression is 'in good terms' not 'on good terms'

5 Likes

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by mastengsynergy: 8:19am On Dec 07, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm...... Really?
God Fatherism in Politics and it's resultant effects!
"When two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers".
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by cooljoe13: 8:24am On Dec 07, 2014
BossDey is the new nigeria blog of free
online classifieds. BossDey has been created
to provides a simple solution to the complications involved in selling,
buying, trading, discussing, organizing, and meeting
people near you, wherever you may reside
without you creating an account. Anyone who
have something to sell post the ads for free
and the interested buyer bargain with the
person. It can be anything but for example
their car, gadgets, phones or anything they no
longer use.
After Posting the ads, people in need of those
things come to browse the site. When they
find what they're looking for, they click to call
or email the person selling the item. The
buyer and seller then agree on a place to
meet to view the item for sale and do the
exchange and payment.
Why BossDey?
Easy Access Anytime, Anywhere.
No Registration Requred!
No Email required
Mobile view compatability
A clean and simple layout and navigation
to make the site the easiest and fastest to
use.
Share Your ads on your social
networking profile (Facebook, Myspace, ...)
Access the site from your mobile phone
To access visit http://www.bossdey..com or http://Bossdey.tk

1 Like

Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by Alphaoscar: 8:25am On Dec 07, 2014
I know some enemies of progress will still come out with another tissues of lies but with God on the progressive's side all evil machinations of the agents of darkness will go back to the sender.

.all hands must be on deck to effect this much desired change.
Re: I Am Still On Good Terms With Fashola - Tinubu by coolhamid(m): 8:28am On Dec 07, 2014
But Fashola is yet to congratulate Ambode which clearly shows that he is not happy with the result of the primary....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evil People And Ghosts Polluted My Office – Lagos PDP Chairman / Igbo Vs Bini: Reno Omokri Destroys Uche Chuta In A Public Debate (VIDEO) / MRS Reduces Diesel Price To ₦‎1,050

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.