Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,898 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Not Heeding Church Ushers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Heeding Church Ushers (1327 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience / Should Pope Francis Show A Good Example By Heeding His Own Advice On Money ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2014
I dont know, but come Sundays or any other day of the week, invited by someone to a seminar, program ( i attend when the pestering is unbearable), immediately i enter the church the lady usher(s) (why not guys) just comes and orders me to sit here or there.

I just find spot and sit and i use accent to tell her i am okay there. If she persist angry, i assume prayer-mood till she leaves me. But there's a situation like that; she refused to bulge until i shifted location.

Mind you, this is not to say i disregard them always. But when it is too much or insisted on "going to the front seat"....

Do you disobey Church Ushers? Knowing some arent hospitable at all. Especially when you are known for sitting in a particular location every sunday. (they've bookmarked you.)
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by html14java(f): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2014
#charityComment wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 9:33am On Dec 07, 2014
html14java:
#charityComment wink
(places hands on head)

1 Like

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 07, 2014
I can only heed wen almost all d seats in church is filled up thus they show me to a vacant space whc I can't see.

If not OYO bcs me ain't movin once seated @ a place comfortably

2 Likes

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:35am On Dec 07, 2014
I tease or taunt them atimes.
Especially the cute female ushers.

From there, you two can strike a conversation after service.

1 Like

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by html14java(f): 9:38am On Dec 07, 2014
daveP:
(places hands on head)
Wetin happen
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2014
LogoDWhiz:
I tease or taunt them atimes.
Especially the cute female ushers.

From there, you two can strike a conversation after service.

shocked that teasing landed a friend in trouble. Wont say the church' name. My guy was sober after Pastor "examined him spiritually". I was waiting outside wondering what was delaying him. She personally apologized the next sunday. Make u no go chop slap o.
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 9:45am On Dec 07, 2014
AmberQueen:
I can only heed wen almost all d seats in church is filled up thus they show me to a vacant space whc I can't see.

If not OYO bcs me ain't movin once seated @ a place comfortably
nice one. Bu if its an elderly........ grin grin

1 Like

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by herald9: 9:53am On Dec 07, 2014
I simply obey...
Don't wanna embarrass the lady or attract unwanted attention ..

Except she's taking me to the front undecided
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 07, 2014
I ain't movin Hun... Am no kid so dn't order me arund as one.

Respect is reciprocal.... wink

daveP:
nice one. Bu if its an elderly........ grin grin
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 10:05am On Dec 07, 2014
html14java:

Wetin happen
say something@least, other than charicom(charitycomment)
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by html14java(f): 10:07am On Dec 07, 2014
daveP:
say something@least, other than charicom(charitycomment)
What should I say.tell me
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by SAMBARRY: 11:10am On Dec 07, 2014
I choose wherever I want to sit myself EOD!

IF she or he stresses me too much I leave

1 Like

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
daveP:
shocked that teasing landed a friend in trouble. Wont say the church' name. My guy was sober after Pastor "examined him spiritually". I was waiting outside wondering what was delaying him. She personally apologized the next sunday. Make u no go chop slap o.

Lol!
Slap ke? I be pikin?.
I will only be teasing u in a good way, that you will smile.

There are diff things to do to tease someone.

Ushering is a very good service
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by vooks: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
If you want to see Christians practicing paganism, aks ushers, they are insulted,shoved, and crazy demands are made out of them....all these by the same idiots who proceed to lift up holy hands in worship.

They want the front seat even when it is a fully packed service, they want to sit at the end of a pew and stand as everyone wake to the empty seat next to them, they want five empty seats next to each other in the middle of a service. Bloody hypocrites! Obey ushers or get to church well before the church starts
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
AmberQueen:
I ain't movin Hun... Am no kid so dn't order me arund as one.

Respect is reciprocal.... wink

rem its church o! Well i forget rights to an extent when im in church. But i doubt if Pa Kolade tells you to move, you will trust me!
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
Well, i don't really have problems with ushers cos I come early to church but for the fact they have to wake me up while i'm dozing esp during boring messages irks me. angry

2 Likes

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
vooks:
If you want to see Christians practicing paganism, aks ushers, they are insulted,shoved, and crazy demands are made out of them....all these by the same idiots who proceed to lift up holy hands in worship.

They want the front seat even when it is a fully packed service, they want to sit at the end of a pew and stand as everyone wake to the empty seat next to them, they want five empty seats next to each other in the middle of a service. Bloody hypocrites! Obey ushers or get to church well before the church starts
i understood halfway. Is it the ushers that are after seats or.....
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
SAMBARRY:
I choose wherever I want to sit myself EOD!

IF she or he stresses me too much I leave
as in you will walk out from the church. E yi lagbara o!! shocked
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by vooks: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
All am saying is ushers are just trying to get order in church. But believers treat them like bar maids. They feel they are too important to take instructions from them.

If you ever see an educated and relatively well off negro berating a poorly remunerated fuel attendant or a gatekeeper, know it is an ego thing. This is the whole reason behind this rant.

daveP:
i understood halfway. Is it the ushers that are after seats or.....
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by kingphilip(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
well from my experience unless I come to church late that's when I'll b ushered to a seat
if I go early I'll seat anywhere because I think ushers everywhere don't start arranging people before service starts

so if u wanna seat anywhere without disturbance go to the venue 5 minutes before time n thank me later

1 Like

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by SAMBARRY: 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
daveP:
as in you will walk out from the church. E yi lagbara o!! shocked
of course. Right in the presence of the ushers and everyone without even feeling shy
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
herald9:
I simply obey...
Don't wanna embarrass the lady or attract unwanted attention ..

Except she's taking me to the front undecided

grin that 'except' is always the ish. Sis Lilian go vex move you go front if you dey gist chelsea with emeka.
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by daveP(m): 12:52am On Dec 08, 2014
SAMBARRY:
of course. Right in the presence of the ushers and everyone without even feeling shy
this your own tough now! Na God's presence no be Usher's own now.
Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by Dahjhi: 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
You are saying... Countless of disobedience sha.. But male ones are penitent sha.... As usual anything with ladies touch like dis :hish... overpekeh......

Re: Not Heeding Church Ushers by Searchingvictor: 10:45pm On May 05, 2023
Ushers should be respected

(1) (Reply)

Illuminati And NSA / Man Dies,claims To See Michael Jackson And Pope John Paul II In Hell, Comes Back / Happy Mothering Sunday To All The Presbyterian Women Over The World. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.