Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience (18565 Views)

Mallam Yusuf Adepoju Of ACADIP Got Embarrassed By Muhammad Lifestyle / ' Atheist Professor ' Gets Embarrassed By Superior Logical Thinker / 14 Things That Are Too Real About Ushers In Nigerian Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Mediapace: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ushers ushing ushals,only God will save me from them,i don't know their wahala,dem no go even allow person rest.

I have like 2 experiences to share with you guys. Lemme start with the first one:

Last month during service,i allegedly sat where females sit just to gain attention,before i even sat,one of our ushers was like :

Egbon,eeti fi iwa yin yi sile na(You haven't dropped your old act yet?) .
I was like : wetin consign you,you na wan spoil market for me

That one went like that inorder to avoid distraction during service.
This sunday again,i took my phone out again hoping to check my FG & MENTIONS on Nairaland,immediately i sneaked my phone out like this,another usher came to me saying :

Alagba why now,all your babes will wait after service now,don't ping in church .
I was like :
So all this usher don ja.

My people share your experience jere,i'm very sure they would have embarrassed you before.

Note : I'm not saying ushers should not do their job o,just for fun wink

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by banjicom(m): 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
That was how one usher go knock me for head inside church just because say I close my eyes wen pastor dey preach. And I no dey sleep ooo d tin pain me sha! angry angry

Just because say God dey show me vision for my dream grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by DonMarkuzi(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hilarious.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by ireneony(f): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
grin I am an usher/hostess actually cheesy

I'm here to read comment.

Do you guys think being an usher is a easy task
It comes with great patience, sacrifice, and tolerance.

I love being an usher

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by LordVoldemort(m): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Who don born well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Gwan2(m): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Harmored(m): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nope but i think,It happens when you are sleeping during church service

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Owliver(m): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by neonly: 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nope always been respected maybe becus my face strong

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by queenstll(f): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
dem carry me go front seat today ooo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by donfemo(m): 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
Some Ushers are annoying and inconsiderate and they hide under the umbrella its the house of God and you must obey.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
I would have contributed to this thread but...

I dont go to church grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
Just wanna have good time by kiss daniel on repeat cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by adeememman(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by jtjohn(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
I have never been embarrassed by an usher....ushers cannot embarrassed u if u do the right thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Ojestas(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Happened in school fellowship then, was sitting on a white plastic chair. .I sha mistakenly dozed off grin , Na so one 100L Usher boy hit my chair aggressively, attention shifted to my side immediately, i felt embarrassed and coupled up. . Like 10 mins later, i called the guy i wanted to see him outside, he came outside and i said "Guy, can't i meditate again??" Does it mean i was sleeping cos i covered my face with my hand?? You embarrassed me and let it be the last time. . I was actually sleeping :-p . He apologized but i felt embarrassed o.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
queenstll:
dem carry me go front seat today ooo
chisos shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by JakesJ(m): 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
UsherS! There Doing Well In Most Cases, Knowing Fully Well That, Embarrassing People Is There Calling & Duty To Mankind. Accept If U've Been EscapeN Them All Time Being, Good Luck...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by EduRegard: 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
When ushers try to force you a a seating position you just don't like...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by FoxyFlow(m): 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
This happened to me when we were growing up in Deeper Life. During one of these youth retreats, I think SAY 2001, I was dosing off. Each time I close my eyes this usher was always closeby to poke me with a pen.

I got tired of dozing that I started acting like someone who was praying seriously. After some time, I dozed off. Slept off with no disturbance. My dream was sweet but unfortunately, it was one of those dreams that you fall from a height endlessly.

Brethren, I was at the edge of the of the row. My head was resting on the bench in front of me. When i fell in that dream, it was the ground that collected my body in real life. People laughed and I grinned. Usher came close and said...

"so you were sleeping..."

I answered...

" I wasn't o, I was actually meditating on the message that is going on."

The End...
If you no laugh this week go dey joyous for you. If you laugh i wonder wetin funny...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by caesaraba(m): 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
For those who go to church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
Y A YES OH

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Modsenemy(f): 12:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
Some ushers are annoying sha, but I don't believe the Op's stories undecided sorry

I smell exaggeration

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
j

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by glossy6(f): 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
Why the mod no put the question; Are you a Christian?
YES. NO
If you click yes, it will be in your profile
Jesus is the Son of the Most High & he is the messiah, one with the Father & the Holy Spirit

Now it is left open for Muslims and even pagans to post comments.

Inequality starts from NL

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by SPG4U(m): 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
Depends on the church u go to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Jyde81: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
Mediapace:
Ushers ushing ushals,only God will save me from them,i don't know their wahala,dem no go even allow person rest.

I have like 2 experiences to share with you guys. Lemme start with the first one:

Last month during service,i allegedly sat where females sit just to gain attention,before i even sat,one of our ushers was like :

Egbon,eeti fi iwa yin yi sile na(You haven't dropped your old act yet?) .
I was like : wetin consign you,you na wan spoil market for me

That one went like that inorder to avoid distraction during service.
This sunday again,i took my phone out again hoping to check my FG & MENTIONS on Nairaland,immediately i sneaked my phone out like this,another usher came to me saying :

Alagba why now,all your babes will wait after service now,don't ping in church .
I was like :
So all this usher don ja.

My people share your experience jere,i'm very sure they would have embarrassed you before.

Note : I'm not saying ushers should not do their job o,just for fun wink

Hello....I am an usherin the RCCG and would have been sterner on you based on the habits you portrayed. When we are in the presence of God let us respect him please....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Larynx(m): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by TVTKOKO(m): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
If i be God ba, i for force one hot mess comot for your nyash such dat u go wan enta ground shebi na dem gals carry you go church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by TVTKOKO(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Jyde81:
Hello....I am an usherin the RCCG and would have been sterner on you based on the habits you portrayed. When we are in the presence of God let us respect him please....
abeg helep me telam o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
ireneony:
grin I am an usher/hostess actually cheesy

I'm here to read comment.

Do you guys think being an usher is a easy task
It comes with great patience, sacrifice, and tolerance.

I love being an usher
ok na sombody like u dey com disturb my sleep when i tot im saved with my dark glases. dont worry, one day i will carry caburator cleaner come church to flash ur eyes

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Want To Go To Heaven" - Olusegun Obasanjo / Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding / Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.