Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,938 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? (23196 Views)

James Ibori Marries Senami Sosu As Second Wife? - The Capital / TINUBU Hijacks NASS Positions; Oyegun, Others Kick- The Capital.ng / Why Is Abuja The Capital Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2008
The British lumped all of us together(and called it Nigeria) irrespective of our cultural differences, but why lump Igbos with minority peoples of the Delta? Why are people from Asaba and Agbor not with their cousins in the east? Too much injustice in Nigeria hence the constant skirmishes amongst tribes.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by ow11(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2008
So has the Government house in Asaba had an Igbo resident? Why don't you relax and face other things and leave something as flimsy as the location of a state capital.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by deor03(m): 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2008
Why do people still think like this. angry

When a Kenyan is about to become the president of USA
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by asha80(m): 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2008
@poster
Do you view people from Agbor to Asaba as igbos? I thought they said they are not igbos undecided
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by JJYOU: 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2008
ow11:

So has the Government house in Asaba had an Igbo resident? Why don't you relax and face other things and leave s[b]omething as flimsy as the location of a state capital.[/b]
did u say flimpsy?
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2008
ow11:

So has the Government house in Asaba had an Igbo resident? Why don't you relax and face other things and leave something as flimsy as the location of a state capital.
Is it not obvious the benefits state capitals enjoys. If state capital is flimsy why did they not put it in Sapele?
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2008
deor03:

Why do people still think like this. angry

When a Kenyan is about to become the president of USA
Nigeria is not USA the last time I checked.
asha 80:

@poster
Do you view people from Agbor to Asaba as igbos? I thought they said they are not igbos undecided
They are ibo's, there's no doubt about it. Check their language.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by udezue(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2008
can u  Igbo haters in the Delta please help us Igbos ask the government to create anioma state out of delta. they have always wanted it. u can then have ur sapele or war torn warri
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by udezue(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2008
Slick P, u see u are full of ignorance. They are Igbos. wtf? is Ibo. U come here talking trash but don't even know the ppl u are talking about. ewu. they are Ibo yet speak Igbo,. If they are not Igbo THEN they are a minority so why are u crying foul. u should love em no be hw u do it there? and then butcher eachother later over a pice of land that might have oil.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2008
udezue:

can u  Igbo haters in the Delta please help us Igbos ask the government to create anioma state out of delta. they have always wanted it. u can then have ur sapele or war torn warri
Asaba and maybe Agbor should join Onitsha state or whatever, but just go and join your people on the other side. I went to college in Agbor and I know these people are Igbos weather they like it or not.
udezue:

Slick P, u see u are full of ignorance. They are Igbos. wtf? is Ibo. U come here talking trash but don't even know the people u are talking about. ewu. they are Ibo yet speak Igbo,. If they are not Igbo THEN they are a minority so why are u crying foul. u should love em no be hw u do it there? and then butcher eachother later over a pice of land that might have oil.
I can't make sense out of your rantings. Get someone to type for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by ow11(m): 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

did u say flimpsy?

No I wrote FLIMSY

sleek_p:

Is it not obvious the benefits state capitals enjoys. If state capital is flimsy why did they not put it in Sapele?

So you do not want development in your state? Did anyone stop you from living in Asaba? So I want to ask since 1991, No Igbo man has lived in the Govt. House and yet you are complaining or you want them to complain their own too. Instead of Ibori to improve DT state, he took all the money to London and you're flipping over the location of a state capital. How does the location of a state capital affect the life a an average DT state man?

Compare Asaba and Warri ( Post and Pre 1991); If you do that honestly, you would see that they are almost on the same level now in terms of development but that wasn't the case in the old Bendel state. Why would you want Warri to be the only city in Delta state? So it can be like a glorified RV state where everything begins and ends in Portharcourt.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
Babangida made Asaba capital of Delta state to satisfy his Ibo inlaws. Is this justice?
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by JJYOU: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
sleek_p:

Babangida made Asaba capital of Delta state to satisfy his Ibo inlaws. Is this justice?
lawlessness. the fact that the wife and her people didnt care what trouble they cause shows you the type of people they are.

sleek_p:

The British lumped all of us together(and called it Nigeria) irrespective of our cultural differences, but why lump Igbos with minority peoples of the Delta? Why are people from Asaba and Agbor not with their cousins in the east? Too much injustice in Nigeria hence the constant skirmishes amongst tribes.
agbor people are igbankes not igbos. they are different. from language to food and culture. the music are different even in style.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

lawlessness. the fact that the wife and her people didnt care what trouble they cause shows you the type of people they are.
agbor people are igbankes not igbos. they are different. from language to food and culture. the music are different even in style.
If Agbor people are Igbankes why are their rulers called Eze? Agbor is Ika with strong Igbo foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by doyin13(m): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2008
@topic

what kinda mumu question is this/

Are you that unintelligent. . . . . .

Your eye dey closed sotay u no notice say Asaba dey first alphabetically
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2008
doyin13:

@topic

what kind of mumu question is this/

Your stupidity is obvious, so your criteria for choosing a state capital is to look at the alphabets. Sometimes you sound very rational and other times come across as dumb. Doyin please stop whatever you're smoking.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by udezue(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2008
SkeekP,

I musta read u wrong. U mean Ibo as same as Igbo?

Jj,

Stop talking trash Igbanke/Igo-Akirir ppl are Igbos.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by udezue(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2008
Everyone knows incliuding the Deltans.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by doyindamus: 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2008
doyin13:

@topic

what kind of mumu question is this/

I have been watching this impostor on this forum. . . .

You are such a supercilious slowpoke. . . . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by Eziachi: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

Some people are just funny or just pure madness, always doing their best to divide Ndigbo, what do you understand by Igbanke? Base on your definition, it means then that Egbas or Ijebus are not Yorubas, Funtua people are not Hausa. Why not concentrate on reading others people's opinion than spewing out baseless stuff. One of the sons of those you are carving out from Ndigbo is now the new president of Ohaneze Ndigbo.

But I don't blame people like you, as some idiots among Igbos in Delta,Rivers and Cross River had said that they are not Igbos, that is their scheme of surviving the Nigeria cloudy political terrain, especially after the war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2008
udezue:

SkeekP,

I musta read u wrong. U mean Ibo as same as Igbo?

Jj,

Stop talking trash Igbanke/Igo-Akirir people are Igbos.
Weather they're  Ibo's/Igbo's is neither here nor there, fact is they should have their Anioma state and if they can't, they should join Onitsha. Asaba is closer to Onitsha than to other parts of Delta state.
How can you make a town the capital of a state just because your wife is from there?

Eziachi:

Some people are just funny or just pure madness, always doing their best to divide Ndigbo, what do you understand by Igbanke? Base on your definition, it means then that Egbas or Ijebus are not Yorubas, Funtua people are not Hausa. Why not concentrate on reading others people's opinion than spewing out baseless stuff. One of the sons of those you are carving out from Ndigbo is now the new president of Ohaneze Ndigbo.

But I don't blame people like you, as some idiots among Igbos in Delta,Rivers and Cross River had said that they are not Igbos, that is their scheme of surviving the Nigeria cloudy political terrain, especially after the war.
Am with you bro so calm down,  I'm not dividing Ndigbo. In fact we're basically saying the same thing. They're Ibo's and they should have their own Anioma state, they however are not part of the old Delta province that's all m saying.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by asha80(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2008
This reminds me of when i was watching reconiliation efforts in rivers state on nta one day and Asari Dokubo called Peter Odili,Chibuike Amechi and Celestine Omehia Igbos when they don't regard themselves as one.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by JJYOU: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2008
Eziachi:

I KNOW SO MANY EZIACHI'S TELL THIS HOUSE WHERE YOU ARE FROM SO THEY KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. WHEN DID IGBANKES BECOME IGBOS? WHY DO THEY HAVE THEIR LANGUAGE? KWALES ARE IBOS TOO?
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by Eziachi: 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
@SleekP,
I am calm and not refering to you but to that slowpoke calling himself JJYOU who said that Agbor is not Igbo but forgot about Obi of Agbo. That is typical One Nigerians, that knows nothing about other part of Nigeria except their tiny village. Because an Agbor man has a way of speaking Igbo, he considered him Igbanke but without knowing that the same thing applies to Ijekebe (Onitsha) Wawa (Enugu/Nsukka/Abakaliki) Orsu (Orlu, Ihiala) etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by sleekp1: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2008
asha 80:

This reminds me of when i was watching reconiliation efforts in rivers state on nta one day and Asari Dokubo called Peter Odili,Chibuike Amechi and Celestine Omehia Igbos when they don't regard themselves as one.

Well if you eat Igbo food, dress like Igbo, speak like Igbo then you're Igbo.
I love Ibo people its just that I want Delta state to reflect the old Delta province of which Warri was its headquaters.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by Eziachi: 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2008
JJYOU:

I KNOW SO MANY EZIACHI'S TELL THIS HOUSE WHERE YOU ARE FROM SO THEY KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. WHEN DID IGBANKES BECOME IGBOS? WHY DO THEY HAVE THEIR LANGUAGE? KWALES ARE IBOS TOO?

When did the issue becomes about my threat's name or where I come from?
Your brain must have relocated to you backside.
You knew next to nothing about Igboland, so keep your childlike opinion to yourself. In Igboland, we have IJEKEBEE, ORSU,IGBANKE, EBEANO,AZUNMILLI, IKWERRE,OWERRE, NGWA, ARU or ARO, EZZA, WAWA or ADADA, NRI-NJIKOKA etc and all have different Igbo tongues and dialects. They are the segments of Igboland just as you have the Ijebus, Egbas and others in Yorubaland.

Only a stupid person dies in his ignorant, when you don't know a fact, you are to pig=headed to admit that you don't know. Dr Uwechue is the new president of Ohaneze Ndigbo, where did he hail from? Joe Achuzia was the secretary for few years, where did he hail from? Where do you think Chukwuma Nzeogwu comes from? Why did the Hausas killed thousands of IGBOS BECAUSE OF THE COUP HE LED IN 1966 in revenge?

Yes KWALE is Igbo people, the same as with OSHIMILI, ANIOCHA, OGBARU, AGBOR, OBIARUKU, IBUZA, ODEKPE and their languange had always been Igbo. Soon you will say that Afikpo is not Igbo because of their Igbo tongue which only 1% of Igbos can understand or speak.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by asha80(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Eziachi

This reminds me of one my friends when i was growing up in owerri.The guy is from ohafia in abia state while i am from obowu in imo state.Whenever we were speaking igbo he always spoke what you might consider 'central igbo'.However if i visited him in his home and he starts speaking the ohafia dialect with his peeps i do not understand up to 40% of what they would be saying.
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by pcmecom(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2008
ASABA IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE CAPITAL OF DELTA STATE!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE ASABA
LONG LIVE DELTA STATE
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink cheesy
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by Kweenisha: 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2008
If someone has a problem with Asaba as the capital of Delta state,let them move to Adamawa na?
How about Zungeru?'Or they can kukuma relocate to Niger Republic.
It's a large continent
Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by Kweenisha: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2008

Josh,do you know that prior to 1820 or so,an Ekiti or Ijebu man could kill you for calling him a Yoruba man ?
The term was for people from Oyo area and it's immediate environs but it later became advantageous politically for them to be called Yoruba.

Prior to the Biafran war,it was advantageous for all Igbos to be identified as Igbos but with the war and subsequent persecution of Igbos,it's increasingly common especially for political reasons for some ethnic Igbos to identify themselves by the name of their immediate area.
This is not the right thread,maybe someother time,I'll explain more.
Like someone asked earlier,why is a delta Igbo man now the president of Ohaneze ndi Igbo ?
and why are there Rivers state and delta Igbos in the World Igbo congress here in the USA?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by romeo(m): 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2008
sleek_p:

Weather they're  Ibo's/Igbo's is neither here nor there, fact is they should have their Anioma state and if they can't, they should join Onitsha. Asaba is closer to Onitsha than to other parts of Delta state.
How can you make a town the capital of a state just because your wife is from there?

Am with you bro so calm down,  I'm not dividing Ndigbo. In fact we're basically saying the same thing. They're Ibo's and they should have their own Anioma state, they however are not part of the old Delta province that's all m saying.

Because Warri is a dirty place and has too many kidnappers.

Which one is the Old Delta province? and who created it slowpoke,? I thought Delta Province is a geologic province? Anioma state will come alive soon and you people will eat warri and sapele.

Too many mumus for nairaland embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba The Capital Of Delta State, Instead Of Warri? by PastorPLC: 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Poster,

You said Igbos should not be part of Delta State?  Why not Ijaws go and join their brothers and sisters in Bayelsa and leave Delta State?  They should not be part of Delta State too because they have their brothers in Bayelsa, Rivers, Edo etc

Why trying to push out Igbos in Delta? Again, is Asaba not part of Delta State and a city in Nigeria?  So, why must you say that Warri should have been made the capital of Delta State as if it was their sole right to be capital of Delta.  Both Asaba and Warri struggled to get the capital but the government of the day chose Asaba.  So, what is the problem there?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Arrests 19 Niger-Delta Avengers, Foils Attack On Agip Pipeline / President Buhari Nominates Modibbo Tukur As New NFIU Director / Anambra 2022 Governorship Transition Committee full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.