Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:00 AM

How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force (988 Views)

See The Grammatical Blunder Of The Nigerian Police Force / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / The Nigerian Police Force Channels And Emergency Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by omotalkie(f): 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Fellow nairalanders, I am a nursing mother who just put o birth about one week now. I want to share my husband's experience with men of the Nigerian police mile1 portharcourt on friday evening, and also implore nairalanders to re-broadcast till it reach the ogas' at the top so that this height of injustice be stopped.
It was 8:30pm my huby hasn't returned home from work (unlike him) and we've already talked around7pm he told me was tidying up work at the office and will be home soon, and I told him to buy our 2yr old daughter's food when coming.
Note: he has his PGDE exams at hand now.
When it was 8:30pm I called his number but he wasnt answering, 9pm the same thing, I became worried cos he told me he was coming home soon. I waited and waited no way. 10pm I called again he picked and said he'll call back in 2minutes, two minutes turned one hour (11pm). at 11:05 he called and told me he was arrested by the police and I was like- what? How?? He said his car broke down at Sangana street when he went to buy our daughter's food, in the process, policemen drove into d street with a bus, arresting anybody they could lay their hands on about fourty(40) people(both men and women). On reaching the station, they all asked what their offence was and the response they got was dat it was an order by the DPO TO ARREST ANYBODY. (DPO WHY?) I called my parents inlaw to inform them. I wanted to go to the station but my mother inlaw adviced I remain at home dat they'll go instead. I wasnt myself all through the night. they refused to release anybody dat night. The following morning being saturday, my huby was released with bail of 10,000 (for no reason), he came home looking all messed up(a married man with two kids), and he had exams to write both morning and afternoon paper. he didnt sleep all thru the night, he didnt read for his exams, he had to rush up his bath and rush to the exam venue unprepared.
I was told its the normal routine every december to arrest people at random, so dat they can fetch their xmas money from there. But how can NPF be dis wicked? I thought they are called to protect lives and properties, but instead, the reverse is the case. I implore that RVSG should look into dis trend NPF call "normal" and curb it, instead of using it to extort innocent citizens of their hard earned money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by DickDastardly(m): 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
I strongly condemn this dastardly act by the NPF cool
Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by eistien(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
I will coment when I finish eating..
**swallows a huge lump of eba**
Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
FP

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by Mario100: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dis is nt gud for a country dat is already facing crisis,day should go and arrest d boko boyx instead of innocent citizens.

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by kennyman20(m): 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
omotalkie:
Fellow nairalanders, I am a nursing mother who just put o birth about one week now. I want to share my husband's experience with men of the Nigerian police mile1 portharcourt on friday evening, and also implore nairalanders to re-broadcast till it reach the ogas' at the top so that this height of injustice be stopped.
It was 8:30pm my huby hasn't returned home from work (unlike him) and we've already talked around7pm he told me was tidying up work at the office and will be home soon, and I told him to buy our 2yr old daughter's food when coming.
Note: he has his PGDE exams at hand now.
When it was 8:30pm I called his number but he wasnt answering, 9pm the same thing, I became worried cos he told me he was coming home soon. I waited and waited no way. 10pm I called again he picked and said he'll call back in 2minutes, two minutes turned one hour (11pm). at 11:05 he called and told me he was arrested by the police and I was like- what? How?? He said his car broke down at Sangana street when he went to buy our daughter's food, in the process, policemen drove into d street with a bus, arresting anybody they could lay their hands on about fourty(40) people(both men and women). On reaching the station, they all asked what their offence was and the response they got was dat it was an order by the DPO TO ARREST ANYBODY. (DPO WHY?) I called my parents inlaw to inform them. I wanted to go to the station but my mother inlaw adviced I remain at home dat they'll go instead. I wasnt myself all through the night. they refused to release anybody dat night. The following morning being saturday, my huby was released with bail of 10,000 (for no reason), he came home looking all messed up(a married man with two kids), and he had exams to write both morning and afternoon paper. he didnt sleep all thru the night, he didnt read for his exams, he had to rush up his bath and rush to the exam venue unprepared.
I was told its the normal routine every december to arrest people at random, so dat they can fetch their xmas money from there. But how can NPF be dis wicked? I thought they are called to protect lives and properties, but instead, the reverse is the case. I implore that RVSG should look into dis trend NPF call "normal" and curb it, instead of using it to extort innocent citizens of their hard earned money.

go to their twitter page and facebook page to complain.. That would also help.
Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
Take heart,this is Nigeriagrin
Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
really bad.

Everybody beware, this is a eye opener.
Don't move out of ur homes in the evening or at night too much this Xmas period!
Re: How My Husband Was Wrongully Detained By The Nigerian Police Force by omotalkie(f): 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2014
kennyman20:

go to their twitter page and facebook page to complain.. That would also help.
Tanks. I'll do dat

(1) (Reply)

6 Secrets "They" Don't Want You To Know / An Opinion On Electoral Violence / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.