Stats: 3,167,171 members, 7,867,396 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:18 PM

Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? (36880 Views)

White Wedding Photos Of Election Couple / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day / Recent Trad And White Wedding Of A Nairalander (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by dblaisepascal(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2015
Lordabas:
Why is it that non-virgin women feel that they have the right to wear white when they finally decide to get married after years & years & years & years of having premarital sex and shaking up with their boyfriends?

Is it that they want to pretend they're pure and clean after romping around in the mud?

I recently went to a wedding where the bride had been living with her bf for 8yrs & already had 2 kids for him... Yet she still wore a pure white wedding gown.
The white gown is supposed to symbolize a brides purity & virginal essence. I feel it destroys the traditional purpose of wearing white when the bride is FAR from being a virgin.

Shouldn't the non-virginal bride wear a black wedding dress or something?
There is noting like white wedding homie'' d bible only recognise family approval' obviously, traditional wedding'. Christian/muslim wedding are borrowed ceremonial games to milk up couples
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Emmaville(m): 8:09am On Jul 07, 2015
May God bless d Op.

Semi virgins shud wear off-white.

Complete non virgins shud wear dark red...

D colours shud tend towards black according to d degree on non-virginity

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Youngpo413: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2015
Lordabas:
Why is it that non-virgin women feel that they have the right to wear white when they finally decide to get married after years & years & years & years of having premarital sex and shaking up with their boyfriends?

Is it that they want to pretend they're pure and clean after romping around in the mud?

I recently went to a wedding where the bride had been living with her bf for 8yrs & already had 2 kids for him... Yet she still wore a pure white wedding gown.
The white gown is supposed to symbolize a brides purity & virginal essence. I feel it destroys the traditional purpose of wearing white when the bride is FAR from being a virgin.

you are correct

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Pamelayoung: 8:22am On Jul 07, 2015
Lordabas:

What biz of yours is it hypocrite!

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Pamelayoung: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2015
What biz of urs is it hypocrite op?
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Youngpo413: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2015
NON VIRGINS be like....
interleukin:
@l Op, please stop talking already. Cos the more you talk, the more your stupidity increases. Haba!! From you first comment I've been embarrassed on your behalf. Yet, you keep embarrassing yourself all the more and just won't shut up.

It's people like you that don't mind your business. If your so bothered about non virgins wearing white, enforce it on your bride. Make una two wear black. And stop pushing it down our throats to accept your ignorant beliefs.
as if you were forced to loose your own

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Doyin400l(m): 9:12am On Jul 07, 2015
Bleep christian pple.BH kill em all d infidels.d bastard looters.
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by repogirl(f): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2015
Is it in the bible that white should be worn by the bride on her wedding day? Or is it by culture?

Dont let ignorance embarass you OP... I believe you can read so please read the history of the white wedding dress and educate yourself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_wedding

If you cant read, then OYO is your predicament.
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Youngpo413: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2015
Felitsa187:

Thank u jare. Reasonable somebody. Ignorant and hypocritical Nigerians everywhere
smh
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Youngpo413: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2015
knackz:
even afrocandy will like to wear a it some day grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by ad3n1k3(f): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2015
berrieblizzie:
i just have a question for you...what about those that were raped? should they feel dey are not pure or not obliged to wear white dress on THIER WEDDING DAY because white wedding dress is for only virgins...i need answers!!!

Thank you for this question. Maybe the OP doesn't know that the word RAPE exist.

Will also like the OP to give his own definition of a virgin so as to understand the angle he is coming from
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2015
ad3n1k3:

Thank you for this question. Maybe the OP doesn't know that the word RAPE exist.

Will Would also like the OP to give his own definition of a virgin so as to understand the angle he is coming from
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Oluwaruth: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2015
Guys, be careful what you say cos it might turn around on you. Yes white signifies purity but then don't you think everyone deserves a second chance? I imagine if your wife to be isn't a virgin and she's asked to wear black or something, what will u do?
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by ad3n1k3(f): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=ferdimako post=35584103][/quote]

Thanks for the correction
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lordabas:

Do you have the right to tell a man that the woman he wants to marry is not pure because she is not a virgin? Just keep shut and mind your own bizwax.
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by anumide(f): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lordabas:

no matter what you say or do, even if you vex knack head for wall, who wan wear white go wear white. if I am still a Virgin by my wedding day, I will wear cream with a touch of gold. the attire sef na borrowed culture. I haven't found "thou shalt wear white on your wedding day" yet in my bible.
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Youngpo413: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Felitsa187:

For the love of God why is it that it's only women the fvcking society places more focus on in terms of purity and virginity and all dah shiii? Wat about guys? Even the fvcking rapist still get married but for ladies it's a crime? Wat a fvcked up society!
ladies should learn to keep their virginity for their future husbands and its not a big deal I guess.

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
Youngpo413:
ladies should learn to keep their virginity for their future husbands and its not a big deal I guess.
Will the men also keep their own?

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Youngpo413: 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mojanity:
does it really matter for men?

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Jaynec(f): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Chillisauce:

niccas be like,
menh, i got 6packs

..lol
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Stillfire: 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
nannymcphee:

Rev 19:7-8
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God

the above verse is talking about the marriage supper of the lamp where the bride(the church) will be presented to Christ

So the Christian wedding is an allegory of this marriage supper of the lamp.

That's why Ephesians 5:22-24 likened the man to Christ when it's was talking about headship.

That being said, early Christian marriages & secular marriages attire was ones "best attire" it was only the elites that could afford white material because of the high cost of purchase & maintenance

White became popular & the norm when Queen Victoria to Albert of Saxe-Coburg in 1840.

I'm glad you highlighted Queen Victoria on how it became the so called norm.
The allegory when interpreted here is the church as the bride and Jesus as the groom. It does not translate into you must wear white on your wedding day.
We should stop reducing christianity to petty doctrines that do not have any emphasis on the soul of the individual.

Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by lilmax(m): 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mojanity:

our virginity is everlasting cheesy
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by nannymcphee(f): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Stillfire:

I'm glad you highlighted Queen Victoria on how it became the so called norm.
The allegory when interpreted here is the church as the bride and Jesus as the groom. It does not translate into you must wear white on your wedding day.
We should stop reducing christianity to petty doctrines that do not have any emphasis on the soul of the individual.

With all due respect I didn't say that, tht verse translates to "you must wear white"

I only told you that the Christian wedding can be likened to the marriage supper of the lamp and if it can be likened to it, then the Christian should wear white since that what's the bride(the church was clothed in)

It's not a commandment!! A Christian can choose whatever she wants to wear but as a Christian, it's a good practice to wear what has been patterned in the bible. If you wear fine, if u don't wear fine

we are talking about purity & chastity & what not, do you consider a virgin(male or female) who is a murderer or backbitter or walks in envy & bitterness as "pure" or "chaste"

The most important thing is the state of ones heart & that's what God looks at regardless of whether she put on white or black
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by KanwuliaJara: 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
If the "VAJIN MARY" can do it, why not? wink
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by adellam16(f): 3:26am On Jul 08, 2015
Lordabas:

dere is one Ode in d osas ighodalo page dat wil c dis as offensive
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
Youngpo413:
does it really matter for men?
does it really matter for women?
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
lilmax:
our virginity is everlasting cheesy
once it's gone... Its gone sorry
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Youngpo413: 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Mojanity:
does it really matter for women?
you know the answer already.
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Youngpo413:
you know the answer already.
yeah i know the answer...no.
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by lilmax(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Mojanity:
once it's gone... Its gone sorry
grin cheesy do you have proof? Rotfl
Re: Why Do Non-virgin WOMEN Wear WHITE Wedding Dresses? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
lilmax:
grin cheesy do you have proof? Rotfl
a virgin is someone who hasnt had sexual imtercourse before... When you do you're not a virgin anymore simple.

My Dad Abandoned Us In The Hospital - Nigerian Lady / Deportee In Tears As Only Son Dies, Wife Marries Best Friend (pic) / Man Convicted When His Daughter Was Tender Reunites With Her After Being Freed

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50