Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

Stop Football!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Football!!! (1006 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Football!!! by evangelicalarmy: 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Though an avid Chelsea fan, I have stopped watching football. Why? Aside from money, the most formidable idol is football. The devotion, the passion, the attention and the emotion it elicits is more than that which we give to God.

When football was being invented it was not invented as a sport but as an idol. Satan knows what God hates and so he invents them
Several times God showed me how people will miss rapture by following football. In one revelation, I saw myself walking on a rough terrain howbeit trying to live a holy life. Nevertheless someone was following and telling me that there is no one that does not have an idol in his heart and that it doesn’t matter if I continue to follow football. There is a warning about this in Eph.5:5, Rev,21:8.

Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

In another revelation, the lord showed me an epitaph of a popular player who later became a Nigerian coach. This coach is still alive at the time of writing. On his grave was a ball. God was telling me that anyone that must enter His kingdom must not be remembered for his love and engrossment with worldly things, not even football. 1John.2:15.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Another very disturbing revelation was that of a missed Rapture due to football. I saw a demon jumped out of a colleague sitting beside me in form of a man. The demon was making jest of me about how one has missed rapture due to football.
God is a jealous God. He wants our totality. He will not want anything above Him. With football taking a high position in your heart, it is virtually impossible to make heaven.

The day Chelsea got beaten by Manchester United in a Champions League final, a pastor cancelled a night vigil because he was too depressed to lead prayers. Church workers and pastors will not attend church if their team has a very crucial match to play. Some will even dare to shift church programmes to enable their church members to watch a match

Now test yourself. Do no watch, read or listen to football neither ‘eat, drink or sleep football’ for just two months and you will see how this stubborn idol called football is attached to your soul.

It is important to tell you that most of the club owners belong to occultic groups or Satanic societies especially the illuminatti. Alex Ferguson is a freemason so are many club managers who also consult clairvoyants to buy players and pick teams and formations for a match day.

The logos and appellations of football teams are terrifying. You may say they don’t matter but you should know that by saying you are a “red devil” you have uttered a spiritual language and this matters to the devil you have identified with.

People are now forming cults and societies around football creating bitterness and hatred across spectatorship. In your mind you desire that something bad happens to a prominent player of your opponents to give your team an advantage.

Come to think of it, how many of these professional footballers go to church? They spend their Sundays preparing for a match, nursing injuries and bruises, resting their tired legs, or doing what time has not permitted them to do.

It is said that very few will make the Rapture. When the bible says the kingdom of God suffereth violence, it means anyone who must enter the Kingdom of God must be desperate about it. This calls for separation from the world and from anything that can take our precious time. You are warned.

By Diran Adeleke
+234-8187 983 958

[url][/url]https://plus.google.com
[url][/url]http://www.Theevangelicalarmymissions..com
E-Mail: theevangelicalarmy@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Football!!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bros.. Speak for ursef and ursef alone.. I will always watch Nigeria and Liverpool fc play.. smiley
Re: Stop Football!!! by asudan: 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
@ op it's not necessary football per say but the way we idolize it and put God last instead of the other way round. When you idolize anything more than God, it becomes a sin for example the illustration given where you mention a pastor cancelling night vilgil because of football is idolatry before God. Never the less that doesn't mean you can't watch football matches but if clashes with the things of God, it's advisable you forfeit the game for God not the other way.
Re: Stop Football!!! by brainzdh(m): 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Chelsea fan? Mtscheew, no wonder.
Re: Stop Football!!! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
SuperMartins:
Bros.. Speak for ursef and ursef alone.. I will always watch Nigeria and Liverpool fc play.. smiley
I don't he means you shouldn't watch football he's only saying you shouldn't idolize it
Re: Stop Football!!! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Elantracey:
I don't he means you shouldn't watch football he's only saying you shouldn't idolize it

Oh.
I feel a sudden rush of anxiety and fear when Nigeria or LFC play..could that be me idolizing it pls?
Re: Stop Football!!! by Karleb(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
Talking of idiolization, would you quit school or your job just because you realize you're now Idolizing it i.e, putting it before God? undecided

There is attending church services and there is serving God, the two are not thesame.
Re: Stop Football!!! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
SuperMartins:

Oh.
I feel a sudden rush of anxiety and fear when Nigeria or LFC play..could that be me idolizing it pls?
lol no it isn't.

1 Like

Re: Stop Football!!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
Elantracey:
lol no it isn't.
Thanks smiley
Re: Stop Football!!! by Blurr(m): 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
D topic shld be "stop idolizing futbol" nt "stop futbol"
Re: Stop Football!!! by emmyskies(m): 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
GOD bless you op for this wonderful piece. For no one can serve two masters at the same time. Holiness entails we avoid such as this. Sacrifice we have to pay, worldly pleasure we have to do away with, broad path that lead to destruction we have to avoid, GOD help His saints. GOD bless you op.

wish this would make front page. Let them that have have ear and desire to please their creator above every other thing, them that seek everlasting life in their home on high; let them hear

1 Like

Re: Stop Football!!! by gatiano(m): 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
This world is a transitory world, 2nd extra time about to end satan's world. satan's rule has ended but the sports and plays and musics we see or listen to don't make us realize. you say rapture? rapture had already occur, it is still on. armageddon? it already started longtime ago, we just did n't percieve because it is the war of the heavens (meaning the war of the mind/brain), and it is definitely coming down to the ground. nice message.
Re: Stop Football!!! by ebenice(m): 5:24am On Dec 08, 2014
Soo true,I couldn't agree more. I for one use to be a footb fanatic that I even dream football,I soo much love that game I play and watch well well. But sumtin happens afterwards that made me believe the op.

Just moments after I rededicated my life to GOD and rebuilt my prayer alter I began noticing some serious involountary changes in me. As I build closer walk with GOD thru daily bible study and more prayer time I felt that the love and passion of football suddenly DIE down and I could even stay a month without watchin PL matches nd not feel anytin.so was the love for hip hop music and other social activities that doesent glorify God. I began to detest so many things of this world of which I once cherish.e.g I even could vomit at the sight of a worldly dressed lady or a worldy musicians piicture or songs, the flare for hollywood movies die. And I couldn't just express the peace and heavely feelings I do av in my hrt. Its just inexplicable.,indeed football has a spiritual meaning more than meet the eye. Imagine the passion,time spent, money spent,energy spent etc on football matters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Football!!! by johnydon22(m): 7:14am On Dec 08, 2014
so this ur god im jealousy don reach even enter football, he is now jealous of football too . grin....

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? / Difficult Truth: As A Christian, You Will Pass Through Challenges / Speaking Against Leadership Misrule Is Divine- John Hagee Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.