Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States (13478 Views)

Governor Abubakar Standing In Airport Shuttle Bus / Standing Order Used For Saraki Election A Fake, Say Ex-senators / What Made Nigeria So Populated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
[size=14pt]Economic Standing of Igbo Populated States[/size]

[img]http://www./Biaframap1.gif[/img]

Anambra State
GDP (PPP)
• Year 2007
• Total $11.83 billion[2]
• Per capita $1,615[2]

Imo State
GDP (PPP)
• Year 2007
• Total $14.21 billion[2]
• Per capita $3,527[2]

Abia State
GDP (PPP)
• Year 2007
• Total $18.69 billion[3]
• Per capita $3,003[3]

Enugu State
(Not provided)

Ebonyi State
GDP (PPP)
• Year 2007
• Total $2.73 billion[1]
• Per capita $1,232[1]

Rivers State
GDP (PPP)
• Year 2007
• Total $21.07 billion[2]
• Per capita $3,965[2]

Delta State
GDP (PPP)
• Year 2007
• Total $16.75 billion[1]
• Per capita $3,990[1]

www.wikipedia.org

GDP per capita (Enugu Exempt)
1. Rivers State
2. Delta State
3. Imo State
4. Abia State
5. Anambra State
6. Ebonyi State

GDP Per Capita (Enugu Exempt)

1. Delta State
2. River State
3. Imo State
4. Abia State
5. Anambra State
6. Ebonyi State
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
With these figures before us I hope that the Anambra team can stop terrorizing us with the false economic 'superiority'. The state states in the SE or Imo and Abia (which were also the last to fall in the civil war, and the start states in Igbo land are Rivers and Delta given their oil and the initial investments Mike Okpara made in Rivers early on.

oneeast cjrane abagworo

2 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by ammyluv2002(f): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
I love my state

Representing home for all grin
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by simplemach(m): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ok, tanx for the info. But one dollar still exchanges for about #190 in these states and where i am now, a satchet of Indomie super pack still sell for #60. So should i even have commented on this post?

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
GEJ IS WORKING!!!!
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by BlackTechnology: 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
Good

I would be glad if CBN governor can reduce interest rate for small and medium scale registered agricultural and industrial businesses to encourage expansion

This action if taken will see SE agricultural and industrial businesses booming now that price of foreign goods will increase.

I will also be happy to see CBN allow 10 most healthy banks control 10% of our foreign reserve each handling 1% to help make available low interest loans in order to encourage creation of new businesses and expansion of old businesses.

This economic climate is our opportunity to seize a sizable portion of Nigerian market through our technological and financial creativity.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by BlackTechnology: 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ikengawo:
With these figures before us I hope that the Anambra team can stop terrorizing us with the false economic 'superiority'. The state states in the SE or Imo and Abia (which were also the last to fall in the civil war, and the start states in Igbo land are Rivers and Delta given their oil and the initial investments Mike Okpara made in Rivers early on.

oneeast cjrane abagworo

Don't spoil this wonderful thread with state war.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
BlackTechnology:
Good

I would be glad if CBN governor can reduce interest rate for small and medium scale registered agricultural and industrial businesses to encourage expansion

This action if taken will see SE agricultural and industrial businesses booming now that price of foreign goods will increase.

I will also be happy to see CBN allow 10 most healthy banks control 10% of our foreign reserve each handling 1% to help make available low interest loans in order to encourage creation of new businesses and expansion of old businesses.

This economic climate is our opportunity to seize a sizable portion of Nigerian market through our technological and financial creativity.

The only thing holding the SE back agriculturally are the people, so a little government push will be necessary. Few youths want to stay in the rural areas were farming is done (which is normal around the world for young people to not want to be rural). On top of that land politics is so intense in the east that many don't want to irrigate their land and turn it into farms out of fear of not having a place for their children and children's children to build homes.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by BlackTechnology: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

The only thing holding the SE back agriculturally are the people, so a little government push will be necessary. Few youths want to stay in the rural areas were farming is done (which is normal around the world for young people to not want to be rural). On top of that land politics is so intense in the east that many don't want to irrigate their land and turn it into farms out of fear of not having a place for their children and children's children to build homes.

To solve the land issue is very simple

All SE needs to do is to encourage vertical agriculture since horizontal agriculture is facing the issue of scarcity of land
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by asha80(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

what is the guarantee that kids born and raised outside igboland would be interested in building homes in their villages?

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by oneeast: 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
Rubbish!

Get us the the current GDP ranking. Stop whining my friend. We know the SE state with the largest economy and GDP.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by pazienza(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ikengawo, what exactly do you intend to achieve by inciting an Igbo dick measuring contest? Are you a builder or destroyer of Igbo unity.

Nwannaa, biko, onye ana ekiri ekiri, anaghi ekpo aja!

Delete that post you made on 8:05, there was no need for it.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
Waiting for abagworo and chino/oneeast to come and rekindle their age old rivalry.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by oneeast: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by ibedun: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
Igbo based statistics by Igbo man (Soludo)

Why are they all running away from their so rich soil? That is a very simple question Soludo did not and could not answer.

Yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by BlackTechnology: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
oneeast:
The current GDP as at 2011.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/minister-hails-rising-anambras-gdp/

A beg don't start any state war

Biko make una stop
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by BlackTechnology: 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
ibedun:
Igbo based statistics by Igbo man (Soludo)

Why are they all running away from their so rich soil? That is a very simple question Soludo did not and could not answer.

Yeye dey smell.

This thread is made for Igbos and good non-Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by T8ksy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
BlackTechnology:

This thread is made for Igbos and good non-Igbos.

And how do one/you determine who is a GOOD non-ibo?
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by cjrane: 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
Naija voodoo statistics again grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
pazienza:
Ikengawo, what exactly do you intend to achieve by inciting an Igbo dick measuring contest? Are you a builder or destroyer of Igbo unity.

Nwannaa, biko, onye ana ekiri ekiri, anaghi ekpo aja!

Delete that post you made on 8:05, there was no need for it.

There's nothing wrong with objective comparison
I also what this to help curtail the abuses the whole of Igboland is getting from people from Anambra because it's disgraceful. They have been selling each other the myth that Anambra is the economic center of Igboland when it's really the Imo-Abia confluence. Aba is bigger and more economically important to Nigeria than Onitsha (trade, industry, commerce and finance, Enugu is the political capital, the Imo is by far the most liveable in the southeast. So I don't know what warrants the constant abuse Igbos suffer from Anambrans.

If you make it an Igboland thing and not a SE thing, Rivers and Delta take the cake, so again, I don't get it.
Igbos are ok comparing each others states. It's only when it comes to Anambra that it becomes a fight.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by BlackTechnology: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
T8ksy:

And how do one/you determine who is a GOOD non-ibo?

Those who wish us well.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by oneeast: 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
You are seriously hurt my friend. Stop crying on the cyber paths because it can never change the status of Anambra as the largest economy east of the Niger with the largest population which means it is where people tend to migrate to. You can take that to the bank.

Ikengawo:

I also what this to help curtail the abuses the whole of Igboland is getting from people from Anambra because it's disgraceful. They have been selling each other the myth that Anambra is the economic center of Igboland when it's really the Imo-Abia confluence. Aba is bigger and more economically important to Nigeria than Onitsha (trade, industry, commerce and finance, Enugu is the political capital, the Imo is by far the most liveable in the southeast. So I don't know what warrants the constant abuse Igbos suffer from Anambrans.

If you make it an Igboland thing and not a SE thing, Rivers and Delta take the cake, so again, I don't get it.
Igbos are ok comparing each others states. It's only when it comes to Anambra that it becomes a fight.

6 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Yeske2(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
@Ikengawo you well so, why do you guys loathe Anambra this much? So CBN that listed Anambra and Abia among the first 5 states for cashless transaction don't know anything, Anambra having highest number of banks after Lagos and Abuja is for fun abi? Bringing me GDP stats i can edit on wikipedia is no issue, tell me that the economic activities in Jigawa is above that of Imo.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

oh really?
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Ikengawo: 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Yeske2:
@Ikengawo you well so, why do you guys loathe Anambra this much? So CBN that listed Anambra and Abia among the first 5 states for cashless transaction don't know anything, Anambra having highest number of banks after Lagos and Abuja is for fun abi? Bringing me GDP stats i can edit on wikipedia is no issue, tell me that the economic activities in Jigawa is above that of Imo.

Nobody loathes Anambra. I love Anambra, i'm from a part of Imo that's close enough to the state that I personally have a lot of ties to that state linguistically and culturally. All Igbos support Anambra at all junctions. The rest of us simply feel that If Ojukwu had been from Imo state, Anambra would have been the first to sabotage to the Biafran war effort.

Anambrans have an attitude that caused us to lose the war to begin with and that's an unreasonable and consistent sense of superiority with nothing to show for it.

I was told that Igbos originated from Anambra, but araechologist have discovered that the origin of Igbo culture is around Orlu which makes sense because it's the dead center of Igbo land.

Anambrans consistently try to say they're the top Igbo state economically so I pulled the figures to see if it was true and it wasn't. I can't go to Awka, or Onitsha and think the people there are living the same life as the people in Enugu, Aba, Owerri, Asaba, Portharcourt etc, but if you ask Anambrans they're the real igbos and so forth.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

Ikengawo I beg you to discontinue this thread. Don't give Chino aka Oneeast (Igala boy) the opportunity to do what obsesses him - which is to cause inter state war between brothers. I have spoken.
Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
This. Is suppose to be a reasonable discuss and not some avenue to show bad blood. Ikengawo has done well to argue with links and evidences while others are just using hearsays.

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by cjrane: 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
[size=19pt]
Ikengawo,
Ife osulugi mebe....
Anambra hypertension go kill you ooooo
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkWMNweEuo

1 Like

Re: Economic Standing Of The Igbo Populated States by kettykin: 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
The south east economic team should include the following in their shopping list for the next government.

1 . concessions of the onitsha port
2. The construction of the Aba sea port
3. The construction of the Aba mega mall
4. Construction of big foundry in Aba and Onitsha for steel and non steel and rehabilitation of Aba steel complex to roll out flat sheet metals
5. Large scale diary farm hosting about 10000 milk cows and churning out about 150000 litres of milk daily for the eastern market
6. Rapid urbanisation of Enugu and owerri
7. Linking the east with broadband Internet and connection to the international gateway via t transatlantic cable in the biafran bight

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maku’s Guber Ambition ‘a Fraud’ – PDP / INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive / Osun Extends Relaxation Of Curfew By 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.