Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,847 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

What Made Nigeria So Populated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Made Nigeria So Populated (19989 Views)

Amaechi To Be Made Nigeria Ambassador To Australia. / Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan / Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nigeria So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:32am On Dec 17, 2010
if i compare nigerian in terms of size and population to south africa it totally the opposite

south africa (1,221,037 km2 ) is bigger than nigeria but has only a population of 50 million

nigeria size 923,768 km2 and the population 150 million 3 times of south africa

what made the population boom or you just bonk like rabbits and have so many litters
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 1:36am On Dec 17, 2010
The falsification of census' of population in order to benefit elites and region.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Kobojunkie: 1:38am On Dec 17, 2010
What has land area to do with population?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by OgidiBoy(m): 1:40am On Dec 17, 2010
Nigerian men won't leave their wifes alone. Every night love making then in no time 7 8 9 kids just like that.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Blazay(m): 1:41am On Dec 17, 2010
Do you believe those census results.
419 for election purposes.
Half of the peeps living in Nigeria are not even Nigerians.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:42am On Dec 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What has land area to do with population?

go back to school and finish your geography

check big countries like china, usa, india, brazil and russia and cross reference with there population
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by jason12345: 1:43am On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

if i compare nigerian in terms of size and population to south africa it totally the opposite

south africa (1,221,037 km2 ) is bigger than nigeria but has only a population of 50 million

nigeria size 923,768 km2 and the population 150 million 3 times of south africa

what made the population boom or you just bonk like rabbits and have so many litters

what is your business undecided
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

check big countries like china, usa, india, brazil and russia and cross reference with there population

Actually there is no direct correlation established between the size of a country, any country and it's population size. Take a look for yourself

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/world_statistics_by_area.htm

What school did you finish your geography from again?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:47am On Dec 17, 2010
Blazay:

are trying to defend the high population with such statement ?

i didnt ask the question so that i would say bad things about nigeria

i just want to hear the reasons and understand it from you the nigerians than someone like  me a zimbabwean perculating
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:50am On Dec 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Actually there is no direct correlation established between the size of a country, any country and it's population size. Take a look for yourself

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/world_statistics_by_area.htm

What school did you finish your geography from again?

girl pliz dont read bewteen the lines

check those top 8 in the world and check their size and population why are you making a fool out of yourself
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by denzel2009: 1:50am On Dec 17, 2010
Blazay:

Thats true. They are Lesothoans.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 1:50am On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

are trying to defend the high population with such statement ?

i didnt ask the question so that i would say bad things about nigeria

i just want to hear the reasons and understand it from you the nigerians than someone like  me a zimbabwean perculating

I think he's trying to let you know that the figures are fake.Reread his comment.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Dec 17, 2010
What between the lines are you reading from?

The 2nd largest country in the world has a population of about 22 million, even with all that land mass.

The 6th largest country in the world has a population of just 20 million while the 8th Largest country in the world has a population of just 40 million, which is less than even South Africa that is the 25th largest in the world and you claim to be reading between what lines?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Basseti: 1:54am On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

And check countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan and cross reference that with the population. I hope u stop ur tomfoolery after that.

Besides, what u should be looking at is the population density. U mentioned India but failed to mention that India's population density is almost 3x that of Nigeria.

U not only need to go back and finish geography, u need to throw in some math and statistics classes too. Focus more on quantitative aptitude.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:59am On Dec 17, 2010
guys why most of you act as if you feel embrassed about the population

all i need are reason that you think made the population boom

everyone who did geography know that nigeria is the most populous country in africa and most nigeria confuse that with being a gaint of africa economically
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:02am On Dec 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What between the lines are you reading from?

The 2nd largest country in the world has a population of about 22 million, even with all that land mass.

The 6th largest country in the world has a population of just 20 million while the 8th Largest country in the world has a population of just 40 million, which is less than even South Africa that is the 25th largest in the world and you claim to be reading between what lines?

nope second country has 33 million and thats canada and most of other parts of canada are unhabited just like russia, australia hence the population is not that high cananda and russia = snow/ice australia = dessert
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 2:04am On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

guys why most of you act as if you feel embrassed about the population

all i need are reason that you think made the population boom

everyone who did geography know that nigeria is the most populous country in africa and most nigeria confuse that with being a gaint of africa economically

Now its sounding like you are hating on nigeria.Lol. And to the bolded, well it for damn sure aint zimbabwe i can tell ya that. LMAO! grin
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:06am On Dec 17, 2010
jason12345:

what is your business undecided

it is wrong to ask and understand why ?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 17, 2010
Nigerian mentality that having even # (4, 6, 8] of children makes their family closer together.

Polygamy: Almajiris and his twenty wives giving birth to 5 children each.

Igbo men and their want for football family.

Yoruba men and their promiscuity, leading to forced polygamy.

Our teenagers that believe that tapping men with pregnancy will lead to love.

And then you have the accidental 1%.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:09am On Dec 17, 2010
chyz:

Now its sounding like you are hating on nigeria.Lol. And to the bolded, well it for damn sure aint zimbabwe i can tell ya that. LMAO! grin

is checking the facts hating ?

zim aint for sure but it has it own title highest literacy in africa
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 2:12am On Dec 17, 2010
Beacuse the census figure you see includes the numbers of cattle, camel, goats, almanjiris, and lizards in the northern part od the country

Yeah, we count animals as well.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:13am On Dec 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nigerian mentality that having even # (4, 6, 8] of children makes their family closer together.

Yoruba men and their promiscuous, leading to forced polygamy.

Our teenagers that believe that tapping men with pregnancy will lead to love.

atleast you gave me yoour own point view from within the nigerians

the rest are too defensive before they even give me their own views
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by OchiAgha2(m): 2:13am On Dec 17, 2010
The South-East is the most densely populated region in the world in general. Some populations in Nigeria have been exaggerated, while others have been under counted. Especially populations in the South-East are under counted due to political games.

[b]I do not think Nigeria's population as high as people think though. [/b]However, I still feel that the Hausa-Fulani are the most populous people in Nigeria in general. Followed by the Igbo, then Yoruba, Ibibio/Efik/Annang, and Ijaws.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

Beacuse the census figure you see includes the numbers of cattle, camel, goats, almanjiris, and lizards in the northern part od the country

So true.

Those sneaky almajiris.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:14am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

come on  grin grin grin grin
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 2:15am On Dec 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yoruba men and their promiscuity, leading to forced polygamy. Our teenagers that believe that tapping men with pregnancy will lead to love.

Aunty mi, Ile eni latin je eku onidodo

You dont wash your dirty linens in public.

It is fine to bash others though
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

nope second country has 33 million and thats canada and most of other parts of canada are unhabited just like russia, australia hence the population is not that high  cananda  and russia = snow/ice   australia = dessert  

oops . . . a mistype on my part but you are suggesting the the reason why Canada, with the second largest land mass, has less than 34 million is because, according to you, most of russia is uninhabitable? Do the canadians , and russians know this? shocked You mean before the canadians and russians decide to procreate, they check the size of inhabitable land before making the decision as to whether to go ahead or not? shocked
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 2:16am On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

is checking the facts hating ?

zim aint for sure but it has it own title highest literacy in africa

Good for you all.I'm happy to here that. So what going on in your country.Are things starting to stablize?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

Aunty mi, Ile eni latin je eku onidodo

You dont wash your dirty linens in public.

It is fine to bash others though

Come here, ti n ba fa eti e. lol

I love my Yoruba men, but in all honesty, you guys wouldnt go for polygamy if you had a choice.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:18am On Dec 17, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

The South-East is the most densely populated region in the world in general. Some populations in Nigeria have been exaggerated, while others have been under counted. Especially populations in the South-East are under counted due to political games.

[b]I do not think Nigeria's population as high as people think though. [/b]However, I still feel that the Hausa-Fulani are the most populous people in Nigeria in general. Followed by the Igbo, then Yoruba, Ibibio/Efik/Annang, and Ijaws.

if the population is being exaggerated what benefit does it give nigeria in lying

if the nigeria government is lying doesnt it show bad management from country leaders
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:20am On Dec 17, 2010
chyz:

Good for you all.I'm happy to here that. So what going on in your country.Are things starting to stablize?

they aint stable as we want them to be

there are planning election next year
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 2:22am On Dec 17, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

There is nothing like Hausa-Fulani but the is Hausa, Igbo,Yoruba, Fulani, Ibibio,etc. Neither the Hausas or the fulanis are the most populous within nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cameroonian Special Envoy Visits Buhari (photos) / Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo / Inauguration Of The 8th National Assembly Live On Nta..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.