Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria (8247 Views)

NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano / 19,000 Illegal Immigrants Deported Over Boko-Haram / Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by alnaijiri(m): 2:17am On Dec 08, 2014
O you hypocrite! O you hater of Muslims! Are Nigeriens and Chadians the only immigrants to Nigeria? What about Beninese, Ghanaians, Togolese and Cameroonians? Just because these groups of immigrants are not predominantly Muslim, so you don't mention them as a problem? Also, who are you to say that these immigrants are illegal? Who are you to make such a condescending assumption? They are just human beings looking for a better life. Every country is enriched by immigrants, you xenophobe!

May God liberate the Muslims from their oppressors and grant us triumph over the evil-doers.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by JayJustus(m): 2:19am On Dec 08, 2014
come on it's not only Nigeria that does that... 2 years ago when Malaysia held it's election the Prime Minister Najib after much pressure from the opposition and on the brink of losing personally chartered a plane to Bangladesh to recruit people to vote for him in the rural areas...he gave them IC (Msian national Identity cards) to vote which almost tore the country apart...lol...when people found out they started asking these guys to sing the Negara Ku song (national anthem)..lol they can't even speak English...kill me...at least Jonathan didn't charter a plane yet...so if you think out politics is that dirty come here first...even during the election counting process electricity will start going off here and then when it comes up again the result is totally upside down...some guys even stealing ballot boxes and voting in their rooms, restaurant kitchen...we try small sef...okay, bye

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:19am On Dec 08, 2014
Ijebulogic:
My experience this weekend at an INEC booth was deeply worrying. While eligible Nigerians were too busy chasing money, getting ready for the Experience concert etc, my registration booth was full of citizens of neighbouring countries trying their hardest to get their hands on a Voters card - which has become the standard ID for Nigerians that want to open bank accounts, purchase phones, rent homes etc. Indeed it is a direct path towards getting a Nigerian Passport.

My PVC process took about 45 minutes and I took time to "chat" with my fellow "voters" . 9 out of 10 claimed they were from "Lagos" but the accents were too strong to be Lagosians.

I asked which local government area they were from and what area in Lagos they grew up etc - and these Niger/Chad citizens were as confused as a rabbit in a suit. I challenged the INEC officials and their response was -"uncle, they just told us to register anyone who comes o!"-

Homeland security is finished...and we wonder why BH is winning the war?
It's been 15 yrs of PDP rule, why haven't they put in place measures to properly identify who is a Nigerian and who is not instead of buying Presidential Jets and stealing everything in Govt coffers?

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:20am On Dec 08, 2014
scribble:
northern fulani hegemony forever

Sai Buhari

The hausas need oil blocks too you know...

Money and Power was classy when only the Abduls of the Nigerian spearheaded the attack on the boutiques in London, Moscow, Monaco and Milan
Don Etiebet is from what part of Northern Nigeria?
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:22am On Dec 08, 2014
igbsam:
This is a slap on the face of people in charge of Homeland Security
Absolutely NOTHING works in your country so stop deceiving yourself. Corruption has ensured that all the institutions that make a country work are starved of funds that'll provide for adequate equipment and proper training of personnel.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:25am On Dec 08, 2014
Deiok:
I can see people calling on the homeland security, as if anything like that exist in the country. Just like the DSS, you only hear about them when politicians what to use them to carry out some of their dirty jobs. There are several agency that are not functioning but on books they are existing. What a country.

^^^Don't mind them! They've been watching far too much American crime-drama series on tv.....to the extent they now find it hard to tell where fact ends and fiction fiction begins! smiley
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:28am On Dec 08, 2014
Billyonaire:
What does it take to develop a biometric database for a country. Sometimes I think we are not a country.
You do not need a "biometric" database to determine citizens of your country. No Western Democracy runs around capturing "Biometric" info of its citizens when they haven't been arrested or charged by law enforcement. Capture of Biometrics is only usually reserved for foreigners--- that's how they are distinguished from the citizens. What your Government needs to do is shore up how it compiles its vital statistics of Birth, Death and Marriages. Capturing innocent citizens' biometric data eventually leads to impunity and abuse of ordinary citizens by the government because of the absolute control and monitoring it offers the Govt to track citizens even when they haven't committed a crime.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by Afroconnect: 5:32am On Dec 08, 2014
Nigeria is a joke -these greedy dumb politcal office holders are vain and stupid.

Everywhere you turn,you see a Cotonu man,hear some Benin republiC language nd every street you enter you will find tens oof Chadians and Niger republic people.

we allow these poor people take all our jobs and they pose a serious security theat.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by clemzo101(m): 5:35am On Dec 08, 2014
I even noticed now that most of the shoe menders dis days are malians no longer ghanians. I had a price argument with one sometime ago and I pretended to call the cops on the ground that he is an undocumented malian........guys u need to see the way he packed his things and ran away.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by funsho03(m): 6:58am On Dec 08, 2014
Its true oooo my guy come to Ajao estate Airport road u will understand that these chadians are living comfortable even more than Nigerians. If u dear try to fight any of them u are in trouble. These our so called immigration officers are not doing anytin at all. One of them stopped me when I was going along badagry expressway and asked if Iam a nigerian. I just laughed because i know they are there to fight for their pocket. GOD will save us from this trash and our border is pourous.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by Yujin(m): 7:15am On Dec 08, 2014
Agrika:
Good morning O.p, e be like say na now you wake up, this is the grand plan of these people who feel say thier lives will never be better unless they rule Nigeria, come 2015,...u ain't seen nothing yet, take a trip to northern Nigeria, do you know the average Nigerièn, Chadian, Senegalese, Malian or Sudanese foreigner has more say in the north than you the Nigerian...inshort what a man from Chad will do in kano and get away with, a southern kaduna guy dares not...who be the so called fulanis wey dey drag land with "indigineous" so called northern minorities no be them.... can u imagine a sudanese keke driver hit the parked car of a southern christian teacher in kano, before we no what was happening he called the teacher "arne" and said in hausa "shege mai ma ya kawo ka a garin nan, jibe shi kafiri kawai" (bastard, what even brought you to this land, infidel like you),...thats a foreigner speaking to a Nigerian fa, its about time most Nigerians wake up and shine thier eyes...it's not all about GEJ, Buhari or whoever, as far as am concerned all of dem na thief, some "things" are going on in this country and unless we sit up, one day we go wake up and Nigeria will be no more, I swear
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I wanted to say.
Pls, despite the fact that all these politicians are thieves, will you choose buhari over Gej? Kindly state your answer and reason. What advise do you have for the ignorant southerners fighting one another while they are gradually becoming mere tolerants in certain parts of their homeland?
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by Mustay(m): 7:16am On Dec 08, 2014
While I acknowledge that it's possible the registration process can be porous, I cannot rely on the OP's observations as facts.

1. What is the Lagosian accent? Did you speak to them in Yoruba?

2. Are they ineligible to register to vote simply because they don't look like Southern Nigerians?

3. Did they offer you their passports etc for you to ascertain they are indeed from Niger/Chad?

If the OP was in Sokoto state this year, would you have loved it if someone classified as you as non-Nigerian simply because you could not communicate well with them

Before you tag someone as an illegal immigrant, s/he must have not the immigration papers to stay/live/work here.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by Yujin(m): 8:02am On Dec 08, 2014
Ishilove:
Isn't there a means of identifying Nigerians?
In the south, it is piece of cake but in the north, its a herculean task. As a matter of fact, the hausa/fulanis encourage those illegal immigrants from neighbouring countries because of the increase in population it brings to them. In the north everything is done with the eyes of political advantage. Do you know that there are more than 4million Nigeriens alone in Nigeria? They are called 'buzus' in the north (there is a way some of us use to identify them- it is from the way they speak the Hausa language). This is not including those from mali, senegal, chad, burkina faso, guinea and cameroon. All these people are counted as Hausa/Fulanis during census and elections. They have more right than any christian in the muslim part of the north.
When some of us a pessimistic about this Nigeria, it is not that we are sadists. We are just expressing the obvious as it is glaring that we are not headed for the better unless what is happening up north is addressed.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by Ishilove: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2014
Yujin:

In the south, it is piece of cake but in the north, its a herculean task. As a matter of fact, the hausa/fulanis encourage those illegal immigrants from neighbouring countries because of the increase in population it brings to them. In the north everything is done with the eyes of political advantage. Do you know that there are more than 4million Nigeriens alone in Nigeria? They are called 'buzus' in the north (there is a way some of us use to identify them- it is from the way they speak the Hausa language). This is not including those from mali, senegal, chad, burkina faso, guinea and cameroon. All these people are counted as Hausa/Fulanis during census and elections. They have more right than any christian in the muslim part of the north.
When some of us a pessimistic about this Nigeria, it is not that we are sadists. We are just expressing the obvious as it is glaring that we are not headed for the better unless what is happening up north is addressed.
Now this is quite shameful. And you wonder why Boko Haram are flexing muscles and splattering our faces with bloodied eggs?
Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by Agrika: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2014
Yujin:

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I wanted to say.
Pls, despite the fact that all these politicians are thieves, will you choose buhari over Gej? Kindly state your answer and reason. What advise do you have for the ignorant southerners fighting one another while they are gradually becoming mere tolerants in certain parts of their homeland?
To be frank with you, I might choose neither come 2015, to most southerners I just dey look them dey laff...they are so "relaxed"...politics is seen as a "hausa man bussiness"....and true to that the hausa come dey show them pepper....

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria by Agrika: 11:47am On Dec 08, 2014
alnaijiri:
O you hypocrite! O you hater of Muslims! Are Nigeriens and Chadians the only immigrants to Nigeria? What about Beninese, Ghanaians, Togolese and Cameroonians? Just because these groups of immigrants are not predominantly Muslim, so you don't mention them as a problem? Also, who are you to say that these immigrants are illegal? Who are you to make such a condescending assumption? They are just human beings looking for a better life. Every country is enriched by immigrants, you xenophobe!

May God liberate the Muslims from their oppressors and grant us triumph over the evil-doers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shiites Demand Zakzaky’s Release Before Panel Appearance / Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha Today , Share Your Experience / Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.