Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,720 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Buhari Live On Channels TV - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Live On Channels TV (54278 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by xtanburg: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Been pondering over this 2011 election result, the data here on (http://nigeriaelections.org/presidential.php) is a food for thought really.

How can President Jonathan defeat Gen. Buhari in 2015?.

Wait a minute, President Jonathan had more support than Gen. Buhari in 2011; yet overall, President Jonathan had 58.89% as against Gen. Buhari's 31.89%.

Gen. Buhari contested solely on the CPC platform, a not too popular political party and polled over 12 Million votes being 31.89% of all the total vote cast in 2011 beating the ACN - 5.41%, ANPP - 2.40%, and other political parties - 1.32%.

In 2011, The margin between President Jonathan and Gen. Buhari in 2011 was 27% ( 58.89% - 31.89%). Whence President Jonathan enjoyed more popularity across all region and caught the heart of the people because of his ill-treatment by the Cabals who did not want his emergence as President after President Yar-adua's demise and coupled with the fact that he had no shoes. Nigerians were sympathetic and compassionate, hence their vote and massive support for him(GEJ).

Now what do you think about the current trend in the polity? Do you think President Jonathan will still defeat Gen. Buhari? or will the table be turned around now, since majority of President Jonathan's supporters have defected to the APC and more young people, even the old and elderly are more politically aware than in 2011 and are disgruntled about President Jonathan's style of governance which has been characterized with gross misappropriation, clueless and corrupt persons around him.

Now More persons are routing for Gen. Buhari as compared to President Jonathan. Will the merger between other political parties (ACN, CPC, ANPP, a faction of APGA) and the votes of disgruntled Nigerians who previously voted President Jonathan in 2011 now make up this 27% in 2015 and more, or will President Jonathan still cushion this threat and still come out smoking by defeating Gen. Buhari out-rightly?.

Remember, 2011 was quite close for Gen.Buhari even against all odds.

#myhelicopterview... it will be a tight contest really which may result into a run-off. Only if ofcourse President Jonathan will discard his "one man one vote principle" and do otherwise.........( RIG )

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Demdem:

Jonathan ur god that has been on the seat for close to 6 years, what has the fool done about resource control and fiscal federalism?

The man you called fool increased derivation of solid minerals to 13%..
Y

Your SW and Northern elites are the ones kicking against resource control and fiscal federalism
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

[s]
The man you called fool increased derivation of solid minerals to 13%..
Y[/s]

Your SW and Northern elites are the ones kicking against resource control and fiscal federalism

In otherwords, Jonathan has achieved nothing as regards this. Excellent.
Next question.... When last dd Jonathan speak in favour of resource control and fiscal federalism?
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
Demdem:

In otherwords, Jonathan has achieved nothing as regards this. Excellent.
Next question.... When last dd Jonathan speak in favour of resource control and fiscal federalism?

When he increased derivation of solid minerals to 13%

Rather than your brothers to encourage him, they went to the confab to ask that the offshore 13% given to oil producing states should be removed.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Demdem(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

[s]When he increased derivation of solid minerals to 13%[/s]

Rather than your brothers to encourage him, they went to the confab to ask that the offshore 13% given to oil producing states should be removed.

Are u reffering to the confab whose report has been junked? I thought Jonathan claimed he has nothing to do with deliberations at the waste? Why attributing the deliberation to him?

In otherwords, Jonathan hasn't deemed it fit to publicly call for true federalism nor resource control. Can't u see that u are an hypocrite?
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Demdem:

Are u reffering to the confab whose report has been junked? I thought Jonathan claimed he has nothing to do with deliberations at the waste? Why attributing the deliberation to him?

In otherwords, Jonathan hasn't deemed it fit to publicly call for true federalism nor resource control. Can't u see that u are an hypocrite?

Have given you my answers which you keep cancelling out of ignorance.

Let me add this to it.

PIB who do you think are projecting it and who do you think are those opposing it
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Demdem(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Have given you my answers which you keep cancelling out of ignorance.

I can chose either to attend to lies/propaganda or ignore it. Don't u get it?

Let me add this to it.

PIB who do you think are projecting it and who do you think are those opposing it

When was the last time Jonathan talked about PIB? Does that suggest his seriousness?

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Seun(m): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
Did you guys find him to be eloquent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by nduchucks: 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
Seun:

I believe Buhari communicated his thoughts and views very effectively. He seemed quite sincere and I am very satisfied with his showing.

For me, semantics and/or eloquence is immaterial. Televangelists need to be very eloquent in order to effectively win more membership for their organizations and embellish the tithing pot. That kind of eloquence, for example, is basically not useful here.

I'd take a Buhari who needs an interpreter to be understood before a smooth talking GEJ who turns a blind eye towaards looters and rougues anyday.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Sunbellar: 5:57am On Jan 10, 2015
Seun:
Do you expect him to be eloquent without education?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by ibnjarir93(m): 6:50am On Jan 10, 2015
eaglechild:
APC presidential aspirant General Buhari is live on channels politics today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOEmrAV74Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gAr77wWNms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbi_UtnND2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfJxtmHyBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5tpOLkUyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_487PhkxUQ

He looks rather frail.

Though he sounds sincere, he seems to struggle to string a correct sentence together.
Don't knw if u commented just to impress a section of people. Bt I watched for almost 12mins, & he was articulate.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Splashme: 6:56am On Jan 10, 2015
The iliterate man is so empty.
Every answer is 'kworupsion'
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by manmade(m): 7:08am On Jan 10, 2015
eaglechild:
How will you tackle insurgency?

Buhari :Hmmmmmmmm...............
Gowon did not borrow a kwobo for 30 months of the civil war.
How come they are asking for 1 billion to fight insurgency? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad angry angry angry

I mean what has that got to do with the question?
The old man obviously crammed the Answers to the likely interview questions so he was just reeling it out without considering the mode of the questions
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obinoscopy,are the two threads not similar? I know you are the one who moved that thread to FP. This is the second time you're making such a mistake. The difference between the two threads is just the title of the topics.

What is the other difference?
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by zantama05(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
saharareporters.com/2015/01/08/nigerians-are-you-better-today-you-were-four-years-ago-bayo-oluwasanmi

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Gani Adams Meets Sunday Igboho (Photos) / Peter Obi Introduced At Dominion Crusade At National Stadium Lagos(video) / IPOB Supporter Prostrates, Bows For Nnamdi Kanu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.