Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. (10565 Views)

TB Joshua & Ayo Babalola Listed Among World’s Most Famous Prophets / 8 Most Dangerous Prayer Lines. / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
bolaino:
. Sup Mann, hope you're good,,,,, the reason I believe Christians are dangerous is as a result of the errancies in the bible as a religious book for moral guidance, take for example, Abraham, this was a man who is claimed to have fathered the later followers of Islam, by an act of adultery, and even the act of adultery that spawned ishmael was instigated by his supposed "virtuous" wife, Serah, later on, The same "wise" Serah Urged her man, to chase haggai out of their home, this sounds like a story from wale Adenuga's super story, but sadly it's a story from the bible, and there's hardly any moral lesson to be learnt from the story, Other than, if you sleep with your madam's husband, you'll surely be kicked out of her home when you become pregnant and give birth to a child. Hmmmmm.
Is this really what makes it the most dangerous or is there something else? If it is, is it advised in the bible that Christains should mimick this particular example of Abraham?

I am good bro.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Horus(m): 12:57am On Dec 15, 2014
Accepting an imported alien religion has killed our peoples minds!. Africans dont know the consequences of accepting an alien religion. If an African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if an African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as his religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions. To divide Africans they have manipulated religion to an extent that it trains Africans to become mental slaves to Caucasians through Christianity and Arabs through Islam. Remember, you are the original people of the planet earth yet you are following another races view as to who or what god is according to them. That’s why Caucasians will make bible prophets white looking and Arabs will make their prophets look like their race.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by bolaino(m): 7:46am On Dec 15, 2014
Horus:
Accepting an imported alien religion has killed our peoples minds!. Africans dont know the consequences of accepting an alien religion. If an African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if an African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as his religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions. To divide Africans they have manipulated religion to an extent that it trains Africans to become mental slaves to Caucasians through Christianity and Arabs through Islam. Remember, you are the original people of the planet earth yet you are following another races view as to who or what god is according to them. That’s why Caucasians will make bible prophets white looking and Arabs will make their prophets look like their race.
My Good sire, Thank you very much for this enlightening post, please help me tell them, our African Brothers have been so brainwashed that they have lost all sense of pride and knowledge of being the First Race of Human beings, The White Jesus and Brown Muhammad have become God to them.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2014
Horus:
Your theory, my friend, encourages backwardness with a little dose of commonsense. I don't think you will still say the same if you agree to look into the very meaning of your words.

What you are asking Africans to do is to remain in a perpetual state of irrational stubbornness even when a belief has been shown to be superior to ours. You are asking for the death of reason. Humans by nature yearns for the greater good. That is, a human being is wired to follow a principle and belief system superior to his.

When Christainity came to Africa they first had to battle with the Gods existent in Africa at the time. Stories were told of how our forefathers gave the first missionaries the Evil Forest to erect a church that they may meet their death there. But they survived and won themselves converts.

As a rational people, our fathers saw the superiority and followed the Religion. The African mind follows superior argument.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 9:42am On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
Your theory, my friend, encourages backwardness with a little dose of commonsense. I don't think you will still say the same if you agree to look into the very meaning of your words.

What you are asking Africans to do is to remain in a perpetual state of irrational stubbornness even when a belief has been shown to be superior to ours. You are asking for the death of reason. Humans by nature yearns for the greater good. That is, a human being is wired to follow a principle and belief system superior to his.

When Christainity came to Africa they first had to battle with the Gods existent in Africa at the time. Stories were told of how our forefathers gave the first missionaries the Evil Forest to erect a church that they may meet their death there. But they survived and won themselves converts.

As a rational people, our fathers saw the superiority and followed the Religion. The African mind follows superior argument.

what rubbish is this? Africans are inferior, our fathers saw what superiority exactly? how is the story of a god creating by speaking different from the story of a god causing thunder? In fact, our creation stories beat the Jewish creation stories by far, Yoruba scholars are now realizing this.

Speak for yourself only. if you think you are inferior to whites and so must worship their gods, go ahead, but do not generalize this aberration of intelligence on all of Africa.

I am not inferior to anyone, neither is any religion superior to my ancestor's.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

what rubbish is this? Africans are inferior, our fathers saw what superiority exactly? how is the story of a god creating by speaking different from the story of a god causing thunder? In fact, our creation stories beat the Jewish creation stories by far, Yoruba scholars are now realizing this.

Speak for yourself only. if you think you are inferior to whites and so must worship their gods, go ahead, but do not generalize this aberration of intelligence on all of Africa.

I am not inferior to anyone, neither is any religion superior to my ancestor's.
Read it again and show me where I said Africans are inferior?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 9:56am On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
Read it again and show me where I said Africans are inferior?

Oh, am sorry but saying our ancestors accept the whites religions because ours are inferior says something about superiority.

Reyginus: That is,
a human being is wired to follow a principle
and belief system superior to his.

you said this right?

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

Oh, am sorry but saying our ancestors accept the whites religions because ours are inferior says something about superiority.

you said this right?
I didn't say they accepted the white religions because ours was inferior. What I said is, they accepted Christainity because it proved superior. They are two different things. Yes, I said that. But that is after proving how they figured it was superior. And what is wrong if it says something about superiority? Who is a master of everything?

So where is the white man superiority coming from?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 10:09am On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
I didn't say they accepted the white religions because ours was inferior. What I said is, they accepted Christainity because it proved superior. They are two different things. Yes, I said that. But that is after proving how they figured it was superior. And what is wrong if it says something about superiority? Who is a master of everything?

So where is the white man superiority coming from?

What is this prove exactly? Can you just outline only 1 pls?

And how you do not see correlation between saying a race's philosophy is superior to another's is claiming superiority in thought and intelligence over that race is kind of making me question how you see yourself relative to the whites.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2014
bolaino:
My Good sire, Thank you very much for this enlightening post, please help me tell them, our African Brothers have been so brainwashed that they have lost all sense of pride and knowledge of being the First Race of Human beings, The White Jesus and Brown Muhammad have become God to them.

nice point, the way am seeing it, it will take a very long time to cure this epidemic. i feel sorry for our children.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

What is this prove exactly? Can you just outline only 1 pls?

And how you do not see correlation between saying a race's philosophy is superior to another's is claiming superiority in thought and intelligence over that race is kind of making me question how you see yourself relative to the whites.
I don't leave my words stranded so I will outline it. You asked for one.

In Igboland the missionaries found it hard to penetrate initially due to the decentralized system operating of government at the time. They came together to examine any thought they intend to reflect as action. When the missionaries came into scene the elders and villagers again assembled to examine what to do about their plea for a place of worship. After much scrutiny and examination they came upon a plan, which is, if the missionaries' claim that their god has absolute power is true then the best place to test it is the Evil Forest.

In Igbo spirituality, their are hierarchies of powers and different Gods each overseeing a particular phenomenon. The Evil Forest is considered to bea place where rejects of society and Gods go to dwell.

The missionaries accepted and built the house of worship. As the village watched for their damnation they prospered the more. They thought to themselves, if this people survived this the only logical explanation is that their god is stronger and superior to ours. That is only natural. Read the book things fall apart to understand this better. I consider that wisdom.

To your second question, I don't see it like that. Because religion is only a part of what races have to offer. It is not as if it is the general philosophy about all things the human does. If it were so, things like homosexuality alien to African progressive and rational mind will be automatically determined by our religion.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 11:41am On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
I don't leave my words stranded so I will outline it. You asked for one.

In Igboland the missionaries found it hard to penetrate initially due to the decentralized system operating of government at the time. They came together to examine any thought they intend to reflect as action. When the missionaries came into scene the elders and villagers again assembled to examine what to do about their plea for a place of worship. After much scrutiny and examination they came upon a plan, which is, if the missionaries' claim that their god has absolute power is true then the best place to test it is the Evil Forest.

In Igbo spirituality, their are hierarchies of powers and different Gods each overseeing a particular phenomenon. The Evil Forest is considered to bea place where rejects of society and Gods go to dwell.

The missionaries accepted and built the house of worship. As the village watched for their damnation they prospered the more. They thought to themselves, if this people survived this the only logical explanation is that their god is stronger and superior to ours. That is only natural. Read the book things fall apart to understand this better. I consider that wisdom.

To your second question, I don't see it like that. Because religion is only a part of what races have to offer. It is not as if it is the general philosophy about all things the human does. If it were so, things like homosexuality alien to African progressive and rational mind will be automatically determined by our religion.

Ok but this is not a prove of yahweh's existence. The evil forest was a myth, so is yahweh. Where does superiority come from?

Once again, jewish religion is not superior to african religions. They are all just myths. And its one myth disproving the other, chicken fight.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

Ok but this is not a prove of yahweh's existence. The evil forest was a myth, so is yahweh. Where does superiority come from?

Once again, jewish religion is not superior to african religions. They are all just myths. And its one myth disproving the other, chicken fight.
I am not even trying to prove Yaweh's existence, my friend. Only trying to show you that in accepting the Christain religion the African was being rational.

If they are both myth as you'd want me to accept why then are you still of the opinion that the Jewish religion is not superior to any african religion?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
I am not even trying to prove Yaweh's existence, my friend. Only trying to show you that in accepting the Christain religion the African was being rational.

If they are both myth as you'd want me to accept why then are you still of the opinion that the Jewish religion is not superior to any african religion?

Because they are all myths. They are all variants of the ancient ignorance. Its as simple as that.

People do change their religion till this day for whatever reason, but never for superiority.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

Because they are all myths. They are all variants of the ancient ignorance. Its as simple as that.

People do change their religion till this day for whatever reason, but never for superiority.
Lol. I advise you show respect for what you do not understand.

Give me a reason why a person will change Religion?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 11:58am On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
Lol. I advise you show respect for what you do not understand.

Give me a reason why a person will change Religion?

Never did that. Dont know. But I have read testimonies of those who did and never once have any said he felt his.new found religion is superior to the other. They often talk about enlightenment of some sort.

Only from you have I learned that people change religion after having discovered that their former religion was inferior.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

Never did that. Dont know. But I have read testimonies of those who did and never once have any said he felt his.new found religion is superior to the other. They often talk about enlightenment of some sort.

Only from you have I learned that people change religion after having discovered that their former religion was inferior.
Okay. What do you think is a state of enlightenment compared to a state of ignorance?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
Okay. What do you think is a state of enlightenment compared to a state of ignorance?

People often talk about visions which make them change the god they serve. That is what they term enlightenment.

Ignorance is not knowing. Enlightenment can mean knowing depending on the context and connotation. Simply put.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

People often talk about visions which make them change the god they serve. That is what they term enlightenment.

Ignorance is not knowing. Enlightenment can mean knowing depending on the context and connotation. Simply put.
So which is better? I mean ignorance or enlightenment.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
So which is better? I mean ignorance or enlightenment.

Enlightenment of couse
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

Enlightenment of couse
Is a 'better' thing superior or inferior to a 'good' or bad thing?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
Is a 'better' thing superior or inferior to a 'good' or bad thing?

I see you are using reverse psychology. Let me also get into the same game.

It all depends on how we define better. Something better is not necessarily superior. I might think something is better because I like it not because its superior to something else.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

I see you are using reverse psychology. Let me also get into the same game.

It all depends on how we define better. Something better is not necessarily superior. I might think something is better because I like it not because its superior to something else.
Something better is necessarily superior with reference to the object drawing the inference. If it was not necessarily superior in the first place how then is it even better in the first place. If it is better then surely their is a low it is deviating from.

So back to my question. Is a 'better' thing inferior or superior to 'good' or bad thing?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
Something better is necessarily superior with reference to the object drawing the inference. If it was not necessarily superior in the first place how then is it even better in the first place. If it is better then surely their is a low it is deviating from.

So back to my question. Is a 'better' thing inferior or superior to 'good' or bad thing?

that's subjective.

but for the sake of this discussion, superior.

if you think this proves your point, you ere because you'd be saying that somehow, white man's religion is better than ours.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

that's subjective.

but for the sake of this discussion, superior.
In essence, people change religions because of superiority in the new one?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
In essence, people change religions because of superiority in the new one?

I have edited.

If you think this proves your point, you ere
because you'd be saying that somehow,
white man's religion is better than ours.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by bolaino(m): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
DrJoe1:

nice point, the way am seeing it, it will take a very long time to cure this epidemic. i feel sorry for our children.
well said my Good sire.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by macof(m): 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
teemanbastos:
ABRAHAM GAVE BIRTH TO THEM.. Isaac(christians) Ishmael(muslims).
Isaac was a child of promise.
Ishmael was injurious and brutal.
God said dat both would produce mighty nations as we have tdae. Nd would WAR continually against dmselves.
Naw we gentiles(Any1 nt 4rm Israel i.e jews).. Were made children of promise thru Jesus christ.

Dullard, he asked for ur forefathers.
Were your ancestors Christians?

Or Abraham is ur ancestor?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
ooman:

I have edited.

If you think this proves your point, you ere
because you'd be saying that somehow,
white man's religion is better than ours.
Do you still blame our fathers for following what logical appears to them better than what they practiced?
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by ooman(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reyginus:
Do you still blame our fathers for following what logical appears to them better than what they practiced?

they didn't accept christianity because they thought it was better, they accepted because it comes.with incentives like charity and education.

Read on how your religion got to you.
Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by macof(m): 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
malvisguy212:
I absolutely agree with atheists and others who say that many atrocious things have been done in the name of God, and even in the name of Christianity. However, these atrocities were not perpetrated by God, but by evil human beings. Christianity should be judged
on the basis of what Jesus said and did, not on the
basis of the actions of people who merely claim to be Christians. Foxe's Book of Martyrs details the deaths of Christians who were killed because of their faith in Christ, in many cases by people claiming to be Christians.

Only God knows the true christians,we don't know for sure who is a true christians but the bible help us to knows our brothers in christ.
'' But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness and self-control. Against such things
there is no law.'' ( Galatians 5:22-23)

In addition, the true believer does what is right and
demonstrates love toward others. Even non-
believers can readily see who the true Christians are.

Read ur Bible, ur God did commission rape and genocide be done in his name
So did the Quran

Every act of Christians has been backed up by the Bible including rape, witch hunting and genocide

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Islam, Are The World's Most Dangerous Religions. by macof(m): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
italo:

The bold are false.

Hitler persecuted the Catholic Church violently, even killing many clergy.

Atheist are the worst mass murderers in history. Read about Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Kim Jong Il, Lenin etc

Read to see how the Catholic Church built the civilization you now hold so dear:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Western_civilization

Hitler was a Christian.

And The catholic church suppressed development, as a catholic I understand the need to protect ur dogmas in the face of shame

You know this, stop ur lies and pretence already.
We aren't fools here, only ur foolish Christian fellows can be easily manipulated with lies and fraud as that's what christianity itself is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Dunamis Pastor Dr Paul Enenche Said Would Happen In 2015 / In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership / Don’t Give Up (your Breaking Point Is Your Breakthrough Point)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.