Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,315 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition (4406 Views)

Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread / Checkmate Competition- Group 1 Collaboration Thread / Writers' Checkmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2014
L.I.T.E is bringing up another concept to help improve writers.

Aim
- To Improve writing skills
- To help everyone here because a super writer.
- To increase writers poplularity
- To make writer confident at all time
- To build healthy competition

Benefit
-The Best writers stand a chance to win Recharge cards.

What you must do to win.
- Posting an update earns you 20 marks. That means if you post more than one update, you will gain marks for each of them.
- For everytime you comment on another writer's story, you get 5marks.
- 5 storyline will be given every week. Your ability to write a story with that storyline will gains you five marks.
- The number of likes you get on your story will be added to your marks.
- The number of shares you get will be added to your marks.
- At the end of everymonth, everybody goes back to Zero mark.
- If you did not update in a day 10 marks will be deducted from your mark.
How To Enter Into The Checkmate Competition.
1. Register on this thread saying I..... Register for the checkmate competition.'
* Note: only people that use this format will have their name on board.
2. Update or comment and then post the link here.

Other rules will be added, if there is a need to.

If you will like to sponsor this competition.
Send a mail to me @
Martinspaul22@gmail.com
or send a Personal Mail to my second email address
You can also reach me on the number.
07089578428 (Please I prefer messages to calls)

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 08, 2014
Name Of Registered Members
Names-------- Score
1. Divepen- 0
2. Ghostlady-0
3. Stuff46-0
4.Queennelly-0
5. Levuls-0
6.Mescopaul- 0
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2014
I divepen Register.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 08, 2014
I Ghostlady Register
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2014
Ghostlady:
I Ghostlady Register
Welcome ghostlady... I am shaking at this your name..oo
The competition kicks off immediately...

The other good thing about the competition is that the first three winners will be voted for in 5000 Naira competition going on here on Nairaland
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 08, 2014
Divepen:

The other good thing about the competition is that the first three winners will be voted for in 5000 Naira competition going on here on Nairaland
lol don't mind my name,so you will be giving us a story topic to write on?
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2014
Ghostlady:
lol don't mind my name,so you will be giving us a story topic to write on?
You will have a story you are already writning.. So updating that story make you gain marks.
Then anybody can give out storylines on mondays.. The first five will be worked on...

So my first one will be that we all write the story of Snowwhite and the seven dwarf. We will be writing it from the view of her step mother.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by OMA4U(m): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2014
Divepen:

Have you discussed that with Princesa?
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2014
OMA4U:

Have you discussed that with Princesa?

what I meant there is that we will be going to vote for the people not that we will be giving them the money...
The members of this thread will vote for the best three among us @ the thread.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by D9ty7(m): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2014
Divepen:

what I meant there is that we will be going to vote for the people not that we will be giving them the money...
The members of this thread will vote for the best three among us @ the thread.
A fault up there. Have you thought about writers who won't join this competition? If the members of this competition end up voting for the three writers here, every month, then non-members won't win the awards. And I think Princesa said a writer can only win the award once so it can go round. If a writer like me is among the best three here and I end up getting votes from members here at the voting thread, are you saying I will win the awards for a second time?
Try to edit some things. Not every writer will join this competetion and not every literature section user will become a member. Its a nice concept which I think should be limited to the recharge card prize.
I may be wrong tho. OMA4U what do you think?
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2014
Divepen:

Nice thing you got going here. I want to suggest you leave Princessa's N5000 thread out of this though, to avoid confusing the voters. Besides, it will be more fun on its own, with or without monetary incentive. Some people thrive on just raking in points.

With good publicity annd dedication on thee part of the writers, this thread can, and will survive on its own.

1 Like

Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by D9ty7(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2014
candy:

Nice thing you got going here. I want to suggest you leave Princessa's N5000 thread out of this though, to avoid confusing the voters. Besides, it will be more fun on its own, with or without monetary incentive. Some people thrive on just raking in points.

With good publicity annd dedication on thee part of the writers, this thread can, and will survive on its own.
Exactly my point.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2014
Divepen:

You will have a story you are already writning.. So updating that story make you gain marks.
Then anybody can give out storylines on mondays.. The first five will be worked on...

So my first one will be that we all write the story of Snowwhite and the seven dwarf. We will be writing it from the view of her step mother.
well,personally have not started my story here yet,I should probably start tomorrow...y r we writing about snow white,I actually thought maybe we can write on random topics like : jealousy,mothers,christmas,etc.....so it ll be different kind of stories from different writers...
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by LEvuls(m): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2014
Any Price Tag
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2014
LEvuls:
Any Price Tag
Lol
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by OMA4U(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
D9ty7:

A fault up there. Have you thought about writers who won't join this competition? If the members of this competition end up voting for the three writers here, every month, then non-members won't win the awards. And I think Princesa said a writer can only win the award once so it can go round. If a writer like me is among the best three here and I end up getting votes from members here at the voting thread, are you saying I will win the awards for a second time?
Try to edit some things. Not every writer will join this competetion and not every literature section user will become a member. Its a nice concept which I think should be limited to the recharge card prize.
I may be wrong tho. OMA4U what do you think?

You're not wrong. Divepen still needs to edit. I like the concept too. Well done, Divepen.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by OMA4U(m): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ghostlady:
well,personally have not started my story here yet,I should probably start tomorrow...y r we writing about snow white,I actually thought maybe we can write on random topics like : jealousy,mothers,christmas,etc.....so it ll be different kind of stories from different writers...

Snow or what did I see? Please, let's write something we can relate with. I don't live in the part of the world where snow falls.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by OMA4U(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
candy:

Thumbs up, darling.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
OMA4U:

Snow or what did I see? Please, let's write something we can relate with. I don't live in the part of the world where snow falls.
lol that's what I thought also: we can all relate to love,family,marriage,etc....so we can different stories in different ways relating th that....
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
OMA4U:

Thumbs up, darling.
D9ty7:

Exactly my point.

Yea, I hope he modifies and limits the reward to recharge cards.

Not all NL writers can/will join. Linking this with princesa's N5000 thread will not be fair on those who are not part of this.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by D9ty7(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ah never see snow before in my life.
OMA4U:

Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 10, 2014
Divepen good morning,please,what's happening to this initiative? It looks like you abandoned it sad
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
please don't mind me...
Oma4u,
Candy
D9ty7
Levuls
Et all thanks for your comment.

But are you saying you want to join..
@ Ghostlady I'm not too comfortable when I type with my android but I'm limited to it @ present because I do not have mb that work on my Nokia for now but I will be effective soon.
Meanwhile, please bring up a topic....
since we are the only two official members
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by stuff46(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
hmmm
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by stuff46(m): 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
I stuff46 register
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
Divepen:
please don't mind me...
Oma4u,
Candy
D9ty7
Levuls
Et all thanks for your comment.

But are you saying you want to join..
@ Ghostlady I'm not too comfortable when I type with my android but I'm limited to it @ present because I do not have mb that work on my Nokia for now but I will be effective soon.
Meanwhile, please bring up a topic....
since we are the only two official members
well am urging you guys to join,its gonna be fun......divepen,let's wait for like five more peeps to join and then I will drop a topic we can write on...what do you think?
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by LEvuls(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
D earlier the better cos once xmas parties starts menh, i ll hardly hv time for NL talk more of writting.

Ghosty pls can u drop something small for me....i love money grin
i bet u, u re gona d best i write
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
LEvuls:
D earlier the better cos once xmas parties starts menh, i ll hardly hv time for NL talk more of writting.

Ghosty pls can u drop something small for me....i love money grin
i bet u, u re gona d best i write
drop something? Like what?
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
I queennelly register
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
Queennelly:
I queennelly register
stuff46:
I stuff46 register
Queennelly:
I queennelly register
welcome on board,I really appreciate you guys joining our team....

2 Likes

Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by LEvuls(m): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2014
Ghostlady:
drop something? Like what?
Ego grin
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
LEvuls:

Ego grin
you havnt even registered yet....register na and let's plan this whole thing together cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Guns, Germs And Steel Audiobook: How Do I Get It? / Unveil Me, My Love / Blood On Satin Sheets (A Novella)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.