Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. (6595 Views)

Mysterious Facts, Incidents, And Disappearances That Still Remain Unexplained. / 220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

I just explained that to you here

Judging from some of her post, i dont see how she became abusive towards you.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by justwise(m): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
biolachick:

@ Justwise mayb she was pasting the links to back up her point which to me personally is nothing wrong.

On nairaland people should be able to express how and what they feel and people shouldn't abuse the power just because you have the power to ban people or move posts.

Thanks

There is nothing like abusing power here, you can put your point across without abusing people just because they disagreed with you. That was what she did.

Others made their points here without been abusive
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by justwise(m): 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
biolachick:

Judging from some of her post, i dont see how she became abusive towards you.

You want to see the abusive post?
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

There is nothing like abusing power here, you can put your point across without abusing people just because they disagreed with you. That was what she did.

Others made their points here without been abusive

All i know is she is not abusive towards you. On this matter , the fact that she is right doesnt mean you shiuld keep deleting her posts. That's wrong on all levels.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

You want to see the abusive post?

If you have proof, maybe coz you provoked her by remiving her posts.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by justwise(m): 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
biolachick:

If you have proof, maybe coz you provoked her by remiving her posts.

Nothing like maybe, I edited her post to remove those link as you can see up there, she keep re-editing it and pasting the links again...which was why I hid the post.

I haven't insulted her or anybody here and I will not take one from her.

I was not arguing with her. I said I can't say whether she is lying or not and that I don't know her friend or the case.

Do you start insulting people because they don't believe you even if you are telling the truth?
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by bebe2(f): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

There is nothing one will not read in nairaland.

Op will make her own research and make the decision

E no possible?

Why u dey act up na?

They can also give DLR on compassionate ground.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by justwise(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
bebe2:

E no possible?

Why u dey act up na?

They can also give DLR on compassionate ground.

You did not get my post.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by bebe2(f): 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
biolachick:
The attached pictures are the proofs of the response we had from Homr Office. Sorry guys i had to hide my partner's name and address.

The first picture was the response we got from the Home Office.

The second picture was a letter asking him to do his biometric

And he third picture was a letter confirming his biometric card details but i have left out his biometric number.

So Justwise, there is no need to keep arguing with Emma. We all learn new thing everyday. Ciao

Congrats sis. It's very possible. I know lots pple on it. It's 3yrs, then 3yrs, then ILR

1 Like

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

Nothing like maybe, I edited her post to remove those link as you can see up there, she keep re-editing it and pasting the links again...which was why I hid the post.

I haven't insulted her or anybody here and I will not take one from her.

I was not arguing with her. I said I can't say whether she is lying or not and that I don't know her friend or the case.

Do you start insulting people because they don't believe you even if you are telling the truth?

@ Justwise, tell me what was wrong with the link she posted? Just like the way you posted your link exactly the same way she posted hers.

So what gives you the right to decide which post to hide and permit on the forum?

1 Like

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
bebe2:

Congrats sis. It's very possible. I know lots pple on it. It's 3yrs, then 3yrs, then ILR

Thanks so much bebe2. My Partner's own is 2.5years. He will have to keep renewing evry 2.5years then after 10years he can apply for ILR.

Hope people in the same problem can see this and have abit of hope instead of some people giving misleading information

2 Likes

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by justwise(m): 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
biolachick:

@ Justwise, tell me what was wrong with the link she posted? Just like the way you posted your link exactly the same way she posted hers.

So what gives you the right to decide which post to hide and permit on the forum?

Any link that will divert traffic from nairaland will be remove especially link from private or commercial sites.

The link I gave you there is from government immigration website.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 11:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

Any link that will divert traffic from nairaland will be remove especially link from private or commercial sites.

The link I gave you there is from government immigration website.

Whatever! Goodnight
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by ttmacoy: 4:26am On Apr 30, 2015
Since you are British and have a kid together, why not just marry him (if really in a serious relationship)? That way he only needs 3 years to ILR and if he was previously on work permit that would count towards the 3 years.

You don't need to do a big fancy wedding foe now, go to the council and register your marriage with 1 or 2 witnesses and get it out of the way instead of extending every 2.5 years for 10 years. Unless i am missing something.

biolachick:

Thanks so much bebe2. My Partner's own is 2.5years. He will have to keep renewing evry 2.5years then after 10years he can apply for ILR.

Hope people in the same problem can see this and have abit of hope instead of some people giving misleading information
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 5:01am On Apr 30, 2015
ttmacoy:
Since you are British and have a kid together, why not just marry him (if really in a serious relationship)? That way he only needs 3 years to ILR and if he was previously on work permit that would count towards the 3 years.

You don't need to do a big fancy wedding foe now, go to the council and register your marriage with 1 or 2 witnesses and get it out of the way instead of extending every 2.5 years for 10 years. Unless i am missing something.

@ ttmacoy

That's our plan towards end of the year. We are planning to go back home to Nigeria to do our wedding coz his parents are based in Nigeria. After that, the plan will be to change his visa then.

Our plan has always been to get married in Nigeria so his parents can be there but seeing that he overstayed before, there is no way he can go back home hence the reason why we followed the DLR route for now.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by ttmacoy: 5:09am On Apr 30, 2015
OK kool, that would save a lot of money in applying every 2.5 years and just give peace of mind.

I know tradition and parents and all that but if I was in your shoes I would have done a registry wedding to avoid all this and sort out the traditional wedding later.

Good luck

biolachick:

@ ttmacoy

That's our plan towards end of the year. We are planning to go back home to Nigeria to do our wedding coz his parents are based in Nigeria. After that, the plan will be to change his visa then.

Our plan has always been to get married in Nigeria so his parents can be there but seeing that he overstayed before, there is no way he can go back home hence the reason why we followed the DLR route for now.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by thegreengooner(m): 7:52am On Apr 30, 2015
emmachick:

Is Justwise a lawyer? Very funny abwt Justwise has significant experience in these matters. Im nt saying he doesnt, but in this occasion, he is WRONG

Ok sorry ma
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by biolachick: 11:08am On Apr 30, 2015
ttmacoy:
OK kool, that would save a lot of money in applying every 2.5 years and just give peace of mind.

I know tradition and parents and all that but if I was in your shoes I would have done a registry wedding to avoid all this and sort out the traditional wedding later.

Good luck

@ ttmacoy
For someone to get married in uk, won't they be required to have legal status in uk? As my partner overstayed, will he be allowed to do registry wedding in UK?
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by worry357: 11:09am On Apr 30, 2015
biolachick:

@ ttmacoy
For someone to get married in uk, won't they be required to have legal status in uk? As my partner overstayed, will he be allowed to do registry wedding in UK?
No, he is likely to be arrested.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by ttmacoy: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2015
I was actually referring to getting married and moving to spouse visa instead of work permit especially when it came to the employer having to lie about advertising it etc.

Not only would him moving to spouse visa at that point give him freedom to change employers if needed, it's also quicker to move to ILR 3 years as opposed to 5 years with work and would have eliminated the need for the employer to do that.

Worry357 is right there is a possibility of him getting arrested of it was when he had over stayed because they ask for your passports but now he has leave to remain it should be straight forward to switch

biolachick:

@ ttmacoy
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by zeezahbee(f): 12:27am On May 02, 2015
worry357:

No, he is likely to be arrested.
Lol, UK and strict rules. Why will anyone arrest you because you overstayed. That's why I love my USA, even if u don overstay for 15 years, you gat the right to love and get married. No one cares about your expired passport
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by ttmacoy: 6:21am On May 02, 2015
They have different approaches to immigration lol. It never used to be this hard in the UK but with the EU and the fact citizens from about 27 countries (can't remember how many) already have open access to the UK, if they don't make things hard it will just go haywire.

Right wing parties like UKIP gaining popularity across Europe as well making the bigger mainstream parties also try to show they are doing something to control immigration.

zeezahbee:
Lol, UK and strict rules. Why will anyone arrest you because you overstayed. That's why I love my USA, even if u don overstay for 15 years, you gat the right to love and get married. No one cares about your expired passport
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by claremont(m): 10:09am On May 02, 2015
A way around this rules is via the EU immigration channel after marrying your husband in Nigeria.

Go to a neighboring EU state e.g. Ireland, exercise your treaty rites by working, schooling, e.t.c in Ireland; then, invite your husband to visit you in Ireland (he MUST be giving the visa under EU law), both of you can the migrate to the UK where he MUST be given a 5-year EU dependent visa. This route avoids the draconian UK immigration law, plus you also avoid paying the shylokian UK spouse visa fees which at the moment stands at over £1500 (including NHS fees).

The only challenge with this route for most people is that you will have to set up base in another country entirely for at least 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by Ralphlauren(m): 2:06pm On May 02, 2015
claremont:
A way around this rules is via the EU immigration channel after marrying your husband in Nigeria.

Go to a neighboring EU state e.g. Ireland, exercise your treaty rites by working, schooling, e.t.c in Ireland; then, invite your husband to visit you in Ireland (he MUST be giving the visa under EU law), both of you can the migrate to the UK where he MUST be given a 5-year EU dependent visa. This route avoids the draconian UK immigration law, plus you also avoid paying the shylokian UK spouse visa fees which at the moment stands at over £1500 (including NHS fees).

The only challenge with this route for most people is that you will have to set up base in another country entirely for at least 3 months.

True!

With this route, they also avoid that minimum salary nonsense.
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by Sunny4Gold: 6:27pm On May 11, 2015
You claimed that you are a British citizen. If really you are then marry him and file for him. Simple as ABC
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by wonlasewonimi: 11:46am On May 21, 2015
Justwise has just been schooled here.

claremont:

It's called the surinder singh route. It's not as easy to just pack up and start living in another country that's why this is difficult for most peeps.

2 Likes

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by justwise(m): 11:49am On May 21, 2015
wonlasewonimi:
Justwise has just been schooled here.

It's called the surinder singh route. It's not as easy to just pack up and start living in another country that's why this is difficult for most peeps.

Who schooled me on what?
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by elohorayodele: 12:53pm On May 21, 2015
from this thread i have seen that no man is an island, no one hold all the knowledge about anything in this world.
@justwise: be humble sir, we learn everyday

2 Likes

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by justwise(m): 12:56pm On May 21, 2015
elohorayodele:
from this thread i have seen that no man is an island, no one hold all the knowledge about anything in this world.
@justwise: be humble sir, we learn everyday

Are we actually reading the same thread? Did you see where i congratulated her? The argument you are reading here got very little to do with this thread, 2 or 3 people with previous issues with me are rushing to try their luck here

I never mentioned anywhere that she will never get a visa, i said it will be difficult.

Suddenly people who never ever commented in this section before are springing up from their hiding places to quote me
Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain Visa In UK. by elohorayodele: 1:43pm On May 21, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Are we actually reading the same thread? Did you see where i congratulated her? The argument you are reading here got very little to do with this thread, 2 or 3 people with previous issues with me are rushing to try their luck here

I never mentioned anywhere that she will never get a visa, i said it will be difficult.

Suddenly people who never ever commented in this section before are springing up from their hiding places to quote me

apologies sir. maybe i exhibited the bandwagon effect too
are u in the uk?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian / Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia / Christmas: 201 FRSC Mobile Courts To Begin Sitting Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.