Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" (2338 Views)

That Rude Boy Called "KORO" Lacks Respect For Elders - Bode George / Omisore, Oyinlola, David Mark, Gbenga Daniels Win Primaries / It Is Impossible For Jonathan To Win Primaries. Pdp Delegates Explained. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by adadadon(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
The Elders Council of the Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP may have finally sealed the political coffin of the former Minister of
state, Defense, Senator Musliu Obanikoro, as the council has declared that he was not electable and would not be allowed to emerge as the party’s standard bearer.

This was disclosed at a press briefing in Lagos by Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe. The council is headed by Chief Olabode George.

Ogunlewe, a former Minister of works, said the group and Lagosians were quite familiar with the negative image of Obanikoro as well as his records, declaring that “never again, we will never again return to Babylon. Never again will we allow people of doubtful character to rule this state, never again.”

While vowing that Obanikoro would not be picked by delegates at the PDP gubernatorial primaries today to fly the party’s flag in the 2015 poll, Ogunlewe counselled him to “be a game player and not a game spoiler.”

He said that PDP leadership had it on authority that Obanikoro was working for the opposition, adding that the Elders’ Council came about its position on Obanikoro in the interest of the electorate and Lagosians in general.

He said: “We want a candidate Lagosians will believe in, we want a candidate with appropriate pedigree; that would be a professional, very decent, a person that will not be controversial, that will be cool-headed and would be loved by all citizens.

“We don’t want hooligans again that will be carrying guns and fighting on the streets. We have passed that stage. We must move forward, Lagos is the centre of economic activities.

“We would not vote for him, never. All the leadership have agreed that we would not subject the people of Lagos State to that kind of impunity again, never. Never, because we are thinking of the electorate; and a party that does not think of the electorate is a foolish party.”

Ogunlewe said the party was determined to present a gubernatorial candidate that would be believed by Lagosians, a professional with appropriate pedigree, among others, adding that PDP will not by any means pick anybody who possesses qualities lower than Akinwunmi Ambode’s.

Continuing, Ogunlewe clarified the party’s position on Dr. Adetokunbo Pearse, who claimed to have been hounded out of Lagos gubernatorial race, declaring him a migrant politician who did not obtain expression of interest form because he had no money to pay.

Ogunlewe said: “He didn’t belong to PDP, he has been in the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, CAN; he is a migrant politician, he should tell us which local government he belongs
.”
http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/08/lagos-pdp-elders-council-vow-not-vote-obanikoro/
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by eph12(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
Cant be true shocked If true then day done break for Koro head embarassed
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by aljharem(m): 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
Koro is already leading
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
Jimi agbaje working for Apc

Obanikoro working for Apc

Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by kokoA(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
PDP has already lost Lagos and Rivers. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

4 Likes

Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by onatisi(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
Koro should support another candidate. The possiblity of koro winning against apc is very slim. Apc will always defeat koro anytime anyday. Bode is right about this,koro should rather be a game changer and political king maker like tinubu rather than contesting .
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by holatin(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2014
Koro just love wasting money
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by laimo(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
Goes to show pdp doesn't exist in Lagos.
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Ololanla: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
Obanikoro will surely pick the ticket today.
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by akins56(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Tinubu must me laughing right now!,, PDP will never learn!,,,ambode all the way!

3 Likes

Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by stinggy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Koro u see ur life? U go 'The Experience' instead mak u dey pray, u dey pose for pishure..

Agbaje all d way!
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
Obiagelli:
Jimi agbaje working for Apc

Obanikoro working for Apc

Yeye dey smell.
were you not among those who said Bode george was rooting for Koro? I said it on that thread if you can remember that George is behing Agbaje's candidacy and I was rebuffed. I wonder who is PDP's flag bearer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Cuckoo48: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
Last I check, their names na George and Ogunlewe, not GOD. Though they want to me known as Godfather, they can never be GOD, the father. So they should park for one corner. Shameless old men. Who tell them say, Lagosians want to exchange one godfather( Tinubu) with another godfather(ex convict bode). How u wan sell Jimi, who no fit campaign for himself, dey hide behind 2 senile old men. We want a man who can be his own man. Koro Koro!
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by laykhorn(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2014
“We want a candidate Lagosians will
believe in, we want a candidate with appropriate pedigree; that would be a professional, very decent, a person that will not be controversial, thatwill be cool-headed and would be loved by all citizens.
“We don’t want hooligans again that will be
carrying guns and fighting on the streets. We have passed that stage.

This part got me rolling. Indeed! PDP are not ready for Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
PDP and thuggery is like 5 and 6

Bode calling som1nelse criminal..
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Pavore9: 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
l doubt PDP "capturing" Lagos come 2015.
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by onatisi(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
berem:
were you not among those who said Bode george was rooting for Koro? I said it on that thread if you can remember that George is behing Agbaje's candidacy and I was rebuffed. I wonder who is PDP's flag bearer.
koro and bode have never been on the same page. And this contributed in major reason why koro lost the first time after the death of funsho williams. It was funsho williams wife that floored koro at the state primaries with the help of bode george only for obj to instruct bode to conduct another primary. Most of the funds allocated to lagos pdp for campaign wasn't released on time by bode. The battle on ground isn't for the party ticket per se but for the control of lagos pdp power structure .
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
a quarel among thieves
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2014
onatisi:
koro and bode have never been on the same page. And this contributed in major reason why koro lost the first time after the death of funsho williams. It was funsho williams wife that floored koro at the state primaries with the help of bode george only for obj to instruct bode to conduct another primary. Most of the funds allocated to lagos pdp for campaign wasn't released on time by bode. The battle on ground isn't for the party ticket per se but for the control of lagos pdp power structure .
so who is likely to be the PdP candidate?
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
voltron:
a quarel among thieves
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by onatisi(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
berem:
to be honest with you,the ticket is almost certain to be given to bode george camp. Whoever the support will most likely be the party candidate. I love koro as a person and politician but he is an easy candidate for apc to beat anytime anyday. But if bode and koro camps can come together and support a candidate,believe it will be a tough battle for apc .
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by IVORY2009(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
berem:

No other persons can wrestle power from Tinubu outside Jimi, if Jimi. A. Wins, then Lagos will fall into the net of the oppostion.
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by onatisi(m): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
IVORY2009:

No other persons can wrestle power from Tinubu outside Jimi, if Jimi. A. Wins, then Lagos will fall into the net of the oppostion.
whose camp does jimi belong to? Comparing the popularity of both jimi and koro,who is more popular? These answers will give us a likely picture of the outcome of the primaries
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by IVORY2009(m): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
onatisi:
whose camp does jimi belong to? Comparing the popularity of both jimi and koro,who is more popular? These answers will give us a likely picture of the outcome of the primaries

The truth of the matter is Koro might be popular, but I see Jimi winning the primary, and even winning the governorship elections, in terms of intelligency Koro can not be compared to Jimi.
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by brownlord2: 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
That's good, enough of thugs and hooligans in leadership
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by thunderrider: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by onatisi(m): 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
IVORY2009:

The truth of the matter is Koro might be popular, but I see Jimi winning the primary, and even winning the governorship elections, in terms of intelligency Koro can not be compared to Jimi.
I met koro once when he was the nigerian ambassador to ghana and I must confess koro is very intelligent but when it comes to economic policies that is where I don't know the level of his competency. In terms of popularity I think ppl just want change,jimi represents a change they haven't experienced before . Lagosians have experienced koro administration once when he was an lg chairman and they have experienced apc under under both fashola and tinubu . I maybe wrong though in my analysis

1 Like

Re: Crisis In Lagos PDP As Bode George, Ogunlewe Tell "Koro You Cant Win Primaries" by IVORY2009(m): 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
onatisi:
I met koro once when he was the nigerian ambassador to ghana and I must confess koro is very intelligent but when it comes to economic policies that is where I don't know the level of his competency. In terms of popularity I think ppl just want change,jimi represents a change they haven't experienced before . Lagosians have experienced koro administration once when he was an lg chairman and they have experienced apc under under both fashola and tinubu . I maybe wrong though in my analysis

you're right in ur analysis, for me fresh minds and fresh ideas should be giving a chance to run, to me Ambode of the Apc and Jimi of the Pdp any of them that wins, so be it, i.e. After the primaries of today, but to me, I still prefer Jimi.

(1) (Reply)

APC Will Cancel Sure P / PHOTOS: Senator Afikuyomi's Son Graduates With 1st Class In Economics / Will You Agree To Swim In This Pool??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.