Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All (6760 Views)

How Can I Obtain A Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos? / What's The Cost Of House Plan And Certificate Of Occupancy In Ogun State / Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All by lawyer(m): 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
These are the new rules for obtaining a Certificate of occupancy from The land registry in Lagos fresh from Alausa so if your thinking of getting one soon, be prepared and armed with the following information in addition to my previous thread for obtaining a C/O :

1. File an application for land information (Sorry i don't know this price yet but i will get it as soon as possible)

2. 2 Survey plans copy (Cloth copy or Sun Print) for charting =N7,500 + Administrative Fee=N3,000

3. Purchase of Private Certificate of Occupancy Application Form (Residential)=N5,000

4. Submission of Application form to the Land Registry Alausa with the following sub documents

a. Land Information Form

b. Reciept for land Information Fee

c. Reciept for Application Form

d. Publication Fee in the Alausa Gazzette=N10,000

E. Capital Conribution=N30,000

f. Land Purchase reciept and Agreement (Duly stamped) by the family or person who sold the land to you. If the land is being sold by a traditional family, they usually have the stamps but if it is not stamped, it costs N5,000

[size=18pt]G. Tax Clearance certificate by both the new owner and seller of the land (This is a new requirement both for the granting of a C/O and Governors consent)[/size] shocked

So buyers beware and be prepared to ask for it. It is a controversial new law and it will cause a lot of problems because most sellers don't have a tax certificate but with fashola trying to gather all the money from lagos through taxes, Land is now a very hot cake to catch defaulters.

h. Copy of N100 Development Levy Reciept

i. Site location sketch (If you don't have it, then it costs N5,000 to get)

j.3 Passport photographs

k. Copy of apprved building plan (If property has been developed)

l. Covering letter to executive secretary land stating all documents attached.

Also click the thread below to do a full calculation of what you still require and how to calculate the c/o yourself! The prices of these things keep going up unattended and impromptu, but i'll try and get them as they come!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-161375.0.html

Cheers!

P:S: This tax wahala na real serious issue now o! Agents be 100% aware of this new directive, so that you can adjust your listing and marketing strategies!

To Buyers who intend to buy properties and get a C/O in future, start demanding for the tax clearance from the Seller now or push him to get one o! Unless no miracle can happen except you know fashola personally or you can do wuru wuru in Alausa and My hand no de that kin thing o!

1 Like

Re: New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All by Ebedi: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2008
Thanks Lawyer.

I did my Governor Consent this year. Two members of the omo-onile family signed my Deed; hence, I was asked to pay tax fee for both of them as well as for my wife and myself because the land was in Mr. and Mrs. name.
Re: New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All by youngmill(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ lawyer
what about the people that don't live in nigeria, how do you deal with the issue of the tax clearance and also the one for the omo-onile if you bought from them years back?
Re: New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All by ajileko: 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2008
@youngmill
You are out of luck on that because Fashola does not care where you live or reside. You can do mago mago but it cost you some serious naira.
Re: New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All by battleaxe: 8:36am On Mar 11, 2009
@lawyer
Please, how do I get my purchase receipt stamped? I didn't buy the land directly from Omo-onile. Is this -N-5,000 quoted an offical price? Is this stamping different from the stamp duty which is 2% of assessment? I'm a bit confused, please help me out.
Thanks.
Re: New Rules for Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy in Lagos. A must Read to All by peric69: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
The Law,
Can you please advise where to start my Certificate of Occupancy.
I bought my land directly from omo onile in Lagos and the property is almost completed.
I requested someone to do this for me as I do not reside in Nigeria. Recently, I decided to stop this person due to
so much money involved and too long period. it is almost 2 years now without Certificate of occupancy and a lot of money involved.
Kindly advise what to do at this level.

(1) (Reply)

Check Block of 3 Bedroom Flats at Jakande Estate Abesan Ipaja with CofO N4.5m / Contemporary 2bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Two Bedroom Bungalow Available For Sale In An Estate At ₦ 8,500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.