Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

An Imam Who Converted To Christianity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Imam Who Converted To Christianity (5636 Views)

Finally, An Imam Who Is Strongly And Boldly Aganist Boko Haram. / Shocking Confessions From Ex-boko Haram Who Converted To Christian. Alleged Ibb Is The Major Sponsor / Shocking Confessions From Ex-boko Haram Who Converted To Christianity. Alleged Ibb Is The Major Spon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by davies123: 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2014
This is not to disrespect my muslim friends,but however for them to ask them to be curious and ask themselves some questions after going through the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUXd4qW9mg&feature=share

God bless
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Boscojugunu(m): 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
H
.mmmmmmm
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by thegoodone2(m): 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
himmm
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
@op:
Sorry to burst your bubble, more Christians are converting to Islam than the other way round. In fact Islam is currently the world's fastest growing religion, even with all the negative publicity through the largely Christian dominated global media (though I am sure you'll want to disagree).

There many more examples of prominent Christians, including holy men converting to Islam; here is one - its nothing new, we are used to it:

A catholic priest from the island of Java in Indonesia who has woken up from a 17 month long coma has converted himself to Islam after the man claims Allah spoke to him and showed him “the beauty of the heavens”.

Here is more of what he had to say:

“I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Quran but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” told the newly convert to a journalist of the Kalimantan Press.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/catholic-priest-wakes-up-from-coma-after-17-months-converts-to-islam/

4 Likes

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by timawoku(m): 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
ItsMeAboki:
@op:
Sorry to burst your bubble, more Christians are converting to Islam than the other way round. In fact Islam is currently the world's fastest growing religion, even with all the negative publicity through the largely Christian dominated global media (though I am sure you'll want to disagree).

There many more examples of prominent Christians, including holy men converting to Islam; here is one - its nothing new, we are used to it:

A catholic priest from the island of Java in Indonesia who has woken up from a 17 month long coma has converted himself to Islam after the man claims Allah spoke to him and showed him “the beauty of the heavens”.

“I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Quran but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” told the newly convert to a journalist of the Kalimantan Press.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/catholic-priest-wakes-up-from-coma-after-17-months-converts-to-islam/
he did say he meant no disrespect, and humbly asked for muslims to truly search within themselves, which (to me) also sends a message to the xtians, before this thread becomes infested with religious bigots, may I state here that we can only co exist, and never imposed on or cajoled (because certain people decided to change faith). Its a pity that no matter what we write here to defend our faith, it cannot guarantee heaven for us. only our character can. whether 50 million people just converted to islam, or xtianity does/can not change our faith as a people with a way of life. Before u talk ill about me, My mum and all her family members are muslims, my dad is a xtian, I am a product of a devoid religious sentiments. God bless islam and christians, may his light shine on us all...
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by akinsadeez(m): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
It is normal. very rarely would you hear of Christians converting to Islam but it is very common to see Muslims give their lives to Christ. Maybe it is due to the fact the Quran is mostly in d Arabic version, while the bible is in English. A Muslim can just pick up the bible and read and get inspired to change his religion. But If I pick a Quran and stare at it from today till next year it won't make sense to me.
Also the method of prayer of Christians isn't dogmatic. You can pray virtually anyhow once you are genuinely supplicating unto God. A Muslim convert has to be taught afresh how to pray the Muslim way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Caseless: 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
akinsadeez:
It is normal. very rarely would you hear of Christians converting to Islam but it is very common to see Muslims give their lives to Christ. Maybe it is due to the fact the Quran is mostly in d Arabic version, while the bible is in English. A Muslim can just pick up the bible and read and get inspired to change his religion. But If I pick a Quran and stare at it from today till next year it won't make sense to me.
Also the method of prayer of Christians isn't dogmatic. You can pray virtually anyhow once you are genuinely supplicating unto God. A Muslim convert has to be taught afresh how to pray the Muslim way.
another gullible Nigerian! I cant stop laughing grin grin grin
check and see how many xtains are reverting to islam.
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Caseless: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
akinsadeez:
another gullible Nigerian! I cant stop laughing grin grin grin
check and see how many xtains are reverting to islam.
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
timawoku:
he did say he meant no disrespect, and humbly asked for muslims to truly search within themselves, which (to me) also sends a message to the xtians, before this thread becomes infested with religious bigots, may I state here that we can only co exist, and never imposed on or cajoled (because certain people decided to change faith). Its a pity that no matter what we write here to defend our faith, it cannot guarantee heaven for us. only our character can. whether 50 million people just converted to islam, or xtianity does/can not change our faith as a people with a way of life. Before u talk ill about me, My mum and all her family members are muslims, my dad is a xtian, I am a product of a devoid religious sentiments. God bless islam and christians, may his light shine on us all...

My friend, refer to my post again and show me where I inferred he was disrespectful or where I took offence to what he said?
You'll find none; so pls do not twist things into what is not there.

BTW, your diversified religious family background is quite irrelevant to the issue at hand - no disrespect.

I still maintain my position i.e. that though it be news to the OP (and the likes of him) that Muslims (in this case, allegedly a cleric) converted to Christianity; while it is no longer news to us Muslims (though highly welcomed) to note Christians (including prominent ones) converting to Islam because it has been happening all the time - there are so many examples out there in youtube etc.

See documentary on famous ppl who converted to Islam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NiO9ZDoKM
Why Vatican Priest Converted to Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHBY2nGxJS8
BBC1:Why Islam fastest religion in UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4nUIUrNoOs
Islam fastest growing religion in UK as Churches Decline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqrFK4-OfQ
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Zuria(f): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
Wonder why this topic is in the politics section...anyway, since you said no disrespect: I've gone through your video and curiously asked myself some questions. Nice try but I ain't changing my religion grin grin

Oya mods, move this to the appropriate section, thank you!!!
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by medalz(m): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by BermudaTriangle(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
ItsMeAboki:
@op:

Fallacy and Fantasy.

1 Like

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by san316(m): 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
ReVealing but that guy's premises are wrong. If he was really reading the Quran he should have known that
1. We do not disbelieve in Jesus and we do not worship Mohammed
2. The word kalamullah(word of Allah) as refered to Jesus is based on Allah's command when He wants to make things happen, He says BE and it will be.
3. Unfortunately, Mario has moved from worshipping God to worshipping Jesus. God forbid. May HD find his way back to light.
What a sad end.
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by timawoku(m): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
ItsMeAboki:

My friend, refer to my post again and show me where I inferred he was disrespectful or where I took offence to what he said?
You'll find none; so pls do not twist things into what is not there.

BTW, your diversified religious family background is quite irrelevant to the issue at hand - no disrespect.

I still maintain my position i.e. that though it be news to the OP (and the likes of him) that Muslims (in this case, allegedly a cleric) converted to Christianity; while it is no longer news to us Muslims (though highly welcomed) to note Christians (including prominent ones) converting to Islam because it has been happening all the time - there are so many examples out there in youtube etc.

See documentary on famous ppl who converted to Islam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NiO9ZDoKM
Why Vatican Priest Converted to Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHBY2nGxJS8
BBC1:Why Islam fastest religion in UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4nUIUrNoOs
Islam fastest growing religion in UK as Churches Decline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqrFK4-OfQ

You need to understand more, I hope you are mature enough (sincerely hope) to catch my drift or else don't quote
me...

even with all the negative publicity through the largely Christian dominated global media (though I am sure you'll want to disagree).

The above statement is an attempt of an intended subtle attack (which is not as this can open a pandora bigotry reaction), this is a statement that depicts defensiveness of your religion and also implying a disrespect to christians as a whole, what other statement could be more religious bigotry than what has been stated above? And you have not disrespected?

2) I only stated my family background so that other few intelligent people reading would understand that I am devoid of religious sentiments (wonder why you did not get that).no disrespect

My bone of contention is that, you can decide to post more than 5 million online stories of xtians converting to muslims, this does not mean xtianity will end 2moro morning, and vice versa also. Neither does your online support for islam/xtianity will ensure you making heaven, just stay true to your self, be good to everyone and above all, be holy. Doesn't matter if we are black,white,xtians,muslims,yoruba,hausa,etc. We are a people with different ways of life. If you don't get me, honestly,don't quote me...
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by fr3do(m): 11:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
Why do NL Muslims say xtains instead of Christians. Will they be struck dead by lightening if they say Christ?
I say Mohammed freely. Are they this limited by religion?

5 Likes

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Idrismusty97(m): 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
fr3do:
Why do NL Muslims say xtains instead of Christians. Will they be struck dead by lightening if they say Christ?
I say Mohammed freely. Are they this limited by religion?
I only see two people using that here, one a Muslim the other a Christian(Timawoku and ItsMeAboki). That term is even formed by Christians to make writing shorter and easier. The "X" is a replacement for "Christ". E.g Xmas,Xtianity etc I have seen more Christians using that unless you are clouded by sentiments or just looking for trouble.
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Vikkie14: 12:11am On Dec 09, 2014
Idrismusty97:
I only see two people using that here, one a Muslim the other a Christian(Timawoku and ItsMeAboki). That term is even formed by Christians to make writing shorter and easier. The "X" is a replacement for "Christ". E.g Xmas,Xtianity etc I have seen more Christians using that unless you are clouded by sentiments or just looking for trouble.
That isn't sentiment my brother. The word "X" is actually to "cancel" or "erase" the word "CHRIST". I dont believed in abbreviating the Name above all Names simply because we want to "save" space.
Or could it be that that name could backfire on them?
I think it wont be funny if Allah is shortened as "Ala", you will be the first to ask me what i mean by that.
Bro, hope you understand my points?
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2014
timawoku:

You need to understand more, I hope you are mature enough (sincerely hope) to catch my drift or else don't quote
me...
even with all the negative publicity through the largely Christian dominated global media (though I am sure you'll want to disagree).
The above statement is an attempt of an intended subtle attack (which is not as this can open a pandora bigotry reaction), this is a statement that depicts defensiveness of your religion and also implying a disrespect to christians as a whole, what other statement could be more religious bigotry than what has been stated above? And you have not disrespected?
2) I only stated my family background so that other few intelligent people reading would understand that I am devoid of religious sentiments (wonder why you did not get that).no disrespect
My bone of contention is that, you can decide to post more than 5 million online stories of xtians converting to muslims, this does not mean xtianity will end 2moro morning, and vice versa also. Neither does your online support for islam/xtianity will ensure you making heaven, just stay true to your self, be good to everyone and above all, be holy. Doesn't matter if we are black,white,xtians,muslims,yoruba,hausa,etc. We are a people with different ways of life. If you don't get me, honestly,don't quote me...

Quite on the contrary, you are the one lacking in intellect and objectivity to appreciate an openly factual point without giving it a bias twist.

I still stand by my statement; you can twist it as much as you like, its out there for all to judge, as there was no disrespect or intent to disrespect Christians.

Yes, I said the global media is dominated by Christians; pls tell me if that is not true and show me how could that possibly be construed as an insult or attack against Christians.
Its is also my opinion that said media often portrays Islam in a bad light (though again, you are free to disagree) - how is that an insult or disrespectful?

The only religious bigotry you need to fear is the one in your mind as none has so far been expressed either by the OP or in any of my posts.

Your so called bone of contention is baseless because the videos clips were simply to corroborate my point rather than a prediction of the demise of Christianity or a call for conversion nor a forecast of my fate in the after life (though hopefully heaven) -yet again, its all in the figment of your obviously wandering imagination.
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Idrismusty97(m): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2014
Vikkie14:

That isn't sentiment my brother. The word "X" is actually to "cancel" or "erase" the word "CHRIST". I dont believed in abbreviating the Name above all Names simply because we want to "save" space.
Or could it be that that name could backfire on them?
I think it wont be funny if Allah is shortened as "Ala", you will be the first to ask me what i mean by that.
Bro, hope you understand my points?
I understand your points, of course they will ask you what you meant by "Ala" because it hasn't been established by Muslims as a shortened form. You may go ahead and replace Mohammed with "Xammed" it wouldn't make sense. But "Christians" are the ones who formed that "X" term so they will understand. I have read many articles by Christians all over Google claiming the "X" isn't demeaning Christ, in fact it is as old as Christianity itself. The Greek word for "Christ" is represented by a symbol similar to "X". The letter "X" is not to cancel or erase Christ according to your fellow Christians…Nigerians are just ignorant.
Actually, this usage is nearly as old as
Christianity itself, and its origins lie in the fact
that the first letter in the Greek word for 'Christ'
is 'chi,' and the Greek letter 'chi' is represented
by a symbol similar to the letter 'X' in the
modern Roman alphabet. Hence 'Xmas' is
indeed perfectly legitimate abbreviation for the
word 'Christmas' (just as 'Xian' is also
sometimes used as an abbreviation of the word
'Christian').

None of this means that Christians (and others)
aren't justified in feeling slighted when people write
'Xmas' rather than 'Christmas,' but the point is that
the abbreviation was not created specifically for the
purpose of demeaning Christ, Christians,
Christianity, or Christmas — it's a very old artifact
of a very different language.
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmasabbr.asp
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by fr3do(m): 12:38am On Dec 09, 2014
Idrismusty97:

You need not explain to me that X stands for 'Christ'
I have observed severally, what I claimed to observe.

Looking for trouble? So trouble can now come from 'peace'?
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Idrismusty97(m): 12:47am On Dec 09, 2014
fr3do:

You need not explain to me that X stands for 'Christ'
I have observed severally, what I claimed to observe.

Looking for trouble? So trouble can now come from 'peace'?
Is there anything wrong in stating your "observation" is flawed? The fact that you only notice that in NL Muslims defined sentiments. I have also observed Nairaland Christians used it the most. I can give hundreds of such posts from Christians or you can help yourself out;
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=xtian&search=Search
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:49am On Dec 09, 2014
Idrismusty97:

Pls check again, I didn't use the abbreviation, the other person did.

1 Like

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Idrismusty97(m): 12:56am On Dec 09, 2014
ItsMeAboki:

Pls check again, I didn't use the abbreviation, the other person did.
Oh sorry my bad. Only one person in fact used that abbreviation here and that person is a Christian. So fr3do where did you get your assertion from? And like i said before do a local search of the name and find out who used it more https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=xtian&search=Search
You can also search on Xmas, conduct a proper research and stop churning out baseless assumptions without facts.
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by redsun(m): 1:16am On Dec 09, 2014
From firecto frying pan. If only he had converted to African religion- self belief,he would have been wholly free.

Both religions are indoctrinating,distorting and mentally enslaving to Africans. They hide the real truth,distorts originality and common sense.

2 Likes

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Idrismusty97(m): 1:26am On Dec 09, 2014
redsun:
From firecto frying pan. If only he had converted to African religion- self belief,he would have been wholly free.

Both religions are indoctrinating,distorting and mentally enslaving to Africans. They hide the real truth,distorts originality and common sense.
What difference is in Africa religion? It's better we rid ourselves of these two foreign religion anyway. Why can't these people just renounce their beliefs? Christian convert to Islam, Muslims convert to Christianity blahblah and some silly Africans are celebrating because of these foreign Arabs/Jews religions that have ruined this world. I don't see any difference switching from one Scam to another.

2 Likes

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by LogicPower(m): 7:49am On Dec 09, 2014
akinsadeez:
It is normal. very rarely would you hear of Christians converting to Islam but it is very common to see Muslims give their lives to Christ.

Maybe it is due to the fact the Quran is mostly in d Arabic version, while the bible is in English. A Muslim can just pick up the bible and read and get inspired to change his religion. But If I pick a Quran and stare at it from today till next year it won't make sense to me.

The moment you begin to expand your horizons beyond what is happening in Nigeria, you would come to realize how fast Islam is spreading in the US and Europe!.

According to one of the leading American networks (NBC), about 20,000 Americans convert to Islam every year, and equally large numbers are also found across Europe; and they did not have to speak Arabic before they converted.

And as you can see from the website 'http://wechooseislam.', there are priests, scientists, politicians and all sorts of professionals among the Western Europeans who are converting to Islam, just as you find people of all these backgrounds also converting from Islam to Christianity in Asia and Middle East.

Link to the NBC story: http://wechooseislam./2007/07/30/20000-new-converts-each-year-in-america-nbc-news/
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by timawoku(m): 8:17am On Dec 09, 2014
ItsMeAboki:

Quite on the contrary, you are the one lacking in intellect and objectivity to appreciate an openly factual point without giving it a bias twist.

I still stand by my statement; you can twist it as much as you like, its out there for all to judge, as there was no disrespect or intent to disrespect Christians.

Yes, I said the global media is dominated by Christians; pls tell me if that is not true and show me how could that possibly be construed as an insult or attack against Christians.
Its is also my opinion that said media often portrays Islam in a bad light (though again, you are free to disagree) - how is that an insult or disrespectful?

The only religious bigotry you need to fear is the one in your mind as none has so far been expressed either by the OP or in any of my posts.

Your so called bone of contention is baseless because the videos clips were simply to corroborate my point rather than a prediction of the demise of Christianity or a call for conversion nor a forecast of my fate in the after life (though hopefully heaven) -yet again, its all in the figment of your obviously wandering imagination.
am very busy I don't have all these time...

Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Takara: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2014
@op check the following website to read stories of real pastors who embraced Islam: http://www.islamreligion.com/category/66/
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
timawoku:
am very busy I don't have all these time...

No wonder, he also shaved your brain along with your hair, that explains why you seem to have very poor comprehension, kpele, sanu, sorry - you hear.
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by hazyfm: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
REALLY?

INTERESTING
Re: An Imam Who Converted To Christianity by Curlieweed: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
ItsMeAboki:
@op:

As an African, I have no dog in this fight but the real reason Islam is the fastest growing religion is because Islam predominantly exists in 3rd world country with typical higher birth rates like in Arewa. Moreover, most people in the former Christian homeland (Europe) are disavowing religion altogether. The percentage of Europeans who consider themselves non-religious range from over 70% in Scandinavia to about 44% in the UK.

As for your stories of "converts", there are a lot of similar stories of alien abduction. These stories only go to proove that a lot of people in dire need of psychiatric care are sadly not getting it.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Dying Of Landlord Problem, God Help Me / How FIRS Plans To Realise Its Revenue Target - Babatunde Fowler / Obaseki In Trouble As INEC Declares Only Oshiomhole Can Submit Candidates’ Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.