Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,441 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. (1630 Views)

Rev Father Mbaka Has Just Been Arrested... / Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast / Tonye Okio Has Been Arrested (President Jonathan’s Critic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by sonsolo(m): 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
I'm not a good writer and this is my first time posting on nairaland.
My brother was coming back from work few minutes ago and he met a group of people who told him that they are looking for a pastor along the street,and as a nice little guy he is,he offered to show them the place.And immediately,the nigerian police force just came out from no where and arrested just him leaving the rest people.
After several questions from my dad,the police told him my little brother is a 419,that he was seen duping people and according to my brother,he said he doesn't know anything and that he was just on his way and they arrested him for no reason.
The police are saying we should pay them #150,000 for bail for what my brother didn't even do.my dad doesn't even have any money at the moment
I know the police planned all this because this is christmas period.please people of nairaland,i need your help please.I dont want my brother to spend christmas in JAIL.

1 Like

Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by thegoodone2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
go and call lawyer
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by ba7man(m): 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
Get a lawyer A.S.A.P, if possible now as we speak and go with him to the station this evening.

No begging the police as long as your bro isn't guilty........be cool and calm with them and look them in eyes.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
Before you blame the police let me ask you the following questions.
Are you sure that your brother is not into 419?
Are you sure that 150k he was asked to pay is not the money he duped somebody?
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by holatin(m): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
A right activist will do.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by madamoringo(f): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
Who controls the police again? The President or State Governor?

To retardeenics, the Police is directly controller by the IG who reports to the president. The State Commissioners report to the IG and Area Commanders, DPOs, etc report to the commissioners through the level of hierarchy just above them.

For 6 years of this government, has the police been reformed? Have their tactics, bribery and corruption changed? Will it change when they know their so called C-in-C is the protector of corrupt persons, killers and thieves?

Well, just find the N 150 K and pay, no need to cry. When the killers, PDP and GEJ were destroying the country, you people did nothing or supported them. When the consequences come, everyone including the innocent will pay for it. This is what is happening in this case. Just pay the 150 K, borrow it or do whatever you need to do. If this is really a case of extortion for christmas, it is sanctioned by the DPO who is the boss of the station he has been taken to and will collect his cut, and may actually have to forward the cuts of his ogas on, all the way to Abuja. Just pay the money, afterall, it is GEJ until suffer hammer everyone who is under the leadership of this president to the grave!

2 Likes

Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by ba7man(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
That's why he needs to go with a lawyer.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by DucciJay(m): 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
then what
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by sonsolo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
I trust my brother very well and i know what he can do..
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by sonsolo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
ba7man:
Get a lawyer A.S.A.P, if possible now as we speak and go with him to the station this evening.

No begging the police as long as your bro isn't guilty........be cool and calm with them and look them in eyes.
ok
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by Descartes: 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
@madamoringo you can make for a bad adviser.

Just to offer a solution to a problem the op's brother is passing through, you're there ranting .SMH undecided

@poster as someone has suggested, get yourself a lawyer and get to the Police before story changes.

My HK$2 though smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by madamoringo(f): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2014
Descartes:
@madamoringo you can make for a bad adviser.

Just to offer a solution to a problem the op's brother is passing through, you're there ranting .SMH undecided

@poster as someone has suggested, get yourself a lawyer and get to the Police before story changes.

My HK$2 though smiley

You people are funny! Why not tackle the real problem? Saving 1 man out of 170 M, is that a solution to a systemic problem? If he gets off this one, it might not be another week before he is back in another wahala because the police are still the same, the retardeenics are still the same! Why doesn't this happen in proper societies? What about the 1 M people who will be in the same problem or are actually in similar circumstances as we speak? You folks can keep deceiving yourselves and I know you to be a PDP anyway, so whatever floats your boat! Hope your brother is released.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by Descartes: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
madamoringo:

You people are funny! Why not tackle the real problem? Saving 1 man out of 170 M, is that a solution to a systemic problem? If he gets off this one, it might not be another week before he is back in another wahala because the police are still the same, the retardeenics are still the same! Why doesn't this happen in proper societies? What about the 1 M people who will be in the same problem or are actually in similar circumstances as we speak? You folks can keep deceiving yourselves and I know you to be a PDP anyway, so whatever floats your boat! Hope your brother is released.

Keep on ranting angry
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by Amadaz(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
Good question
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by MARKone(m): 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
ProfessorPeter:

Mr. Professor you are speaking as if you are not a Nigerian living in Nigeria. So if actually the poor chap is a con artist, what right has the police got, to charge N150k for Bail, ARE THEY THE FORKING LAW COURT!!! If they are certain that he is a "419" let them charge him to court for Christ's sake, or better still hand him over to EFCC.

This is Christmas period and you are bound to see many of this unholy arrests. OP like you've been advised let your folks quickly cry to a lawyer, the sooner it is done the better, before those Rogues change the Story to Armed Robbery, or sell him to ritualists those guys are heartless. While you guys are at it, start looking for money no matter how small, you must drop, even with the Lawyer, that is how bad and horrible the system is. Good luck.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
sonsolo:

I trust my brother very well and i know what he can do..
ok, but have you heard from the people accusing your brother?
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by Arysexy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
Can u vouch for ur brother?

Just last week I was on a queue at diamond bank akpakpava Benin branch ATM waiting to withdraw, next I saw two plain clothed security nab a young boy of about 15 years as He was trying to withdraw from d machine after duping someone claiming to be a pastor, unluckily for him hiss account was flagged , immediately He slotted his card, it alerted d ops manager who informed d ssecurity.

Youth of nowadays are into various scams nd they call it huzzling. Ur brother might be one of d " fake pastor" scamming youth.

Get a lawyer if u think otherwise.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
MARKone:

Mr. Professor you are speaking as if you are not a Nigerian living in Nigeria. So if actually the poor chap is a con artist, what right has the police got, to charge N150k for Bail, ARE THEY THE FORKING LAW COURT!!! If they are certain that he is a "419" let them charge him to court for Christ's sake, or better still hand him over to EFCC.

This is Christmas period and you are bound to see many of this unholy arrests. OP like you've been advised let your folks quickly cry to a lawyer, the sooner it is done the better, before those Rogues change the Story to Armed Robbery, or sell him to ritualists those guys are heartless. While you guys are at it, start looking for money no matter how small, you must drop, even with the Lawyer, that is how bad and horrible the system is. Good luck.
guy, you only listening to his brother who don't even know what happened. I ve stopped judging people until i hear from both side. Have you heard from the both side?
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by MARKone(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
guy, you only listening to his brother who don't even know what happened. I ve stopped judging people until i hear from both side. Have you heard from the both side?

Oga, I do not need to hear from both sides, the action of the police here tells how corrupt and insensitive they are, so assuming that the boy is a con artist, he pays the N150k, what next, he disappears, to con another person abi, if caught, same process repeats itself again. If they say he duped somebody they should charge him to court simple.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by sonsolo(m): 5:10am On Dec 09, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
ok, but have you heard from the people accusing your brother?
yes,the d.p.o called the guy they claimed my brother duped and he said my brother is among.The worse is dat he didn't even come to the station to check if he is the one.Asked the D.P.O how he got his number,he was speechless and beating around the bush.
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by sonsolo(m): 5:12am On Dec 09, 2014
MARKone:

ok.thankyou
Re: Help-my Brother Has Been Arrested. by sonsolo(m): 5:17am On Dec 09, 2014
Arysexy:
Can u vouch for ur brother?

Just last week I was on a queue at diamond bank akpakpava Benin branch ATM waiting to withdraw, next I saw two plain clothed security nab a young boy of about 15 years as He was trying to withdraw from d machine after duping someone claiming to be a pastor, unluckily for him hiss account was flagged , immediately He slotted his card, it alerted d ops manager who informed d ssecurity.

Youth of nowadays are into various scams nd they call it huzzling. Ur brother might be one of d " fake pastor" scamming youth.

Get a lawyer if u think otherwise.
i can vouch 4 him.d police are jus making new stories every hour.changing wat actually happen

(1) (Reply)

Do You Agree That Some Young Men Cannot Kill A Bird? / Buhari May Be Disqualify From 2015 Presidential Campaign / Buhari Is A Respected Elder States­man Of Integrity - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.