Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,551 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154985 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:15am On Mar 11, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
in truth....there isnt any iotal of insult in my mind when typing that..........
is it on a faceless forum where u dnt knw who is who u wanna insult....to wat end....
its really shocking that a big deal cud b taking out of that really....

Hello,
In as much as you feel that there was no iota of insult in your statement, I think its just best you apologise and move on, cuz when more than one person points something out, then you've got to adjust.

My 2cents

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 5:34am On Mar 11, 2015
olamonsor2:

One step at a time bro, VO will finish wit spring before handling to Fall in take.

False

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by donhuko: 6:13am On Mar 11, 2015
darefestus:

You dis First class people sef..What is dis obsession with McGill and Toronto?
Anyway, are u applying for M.Eng or MSc..
If it is the former, your chances are quite high provided you provide superb SOI, References and with your GPA..You should be competitive enough.
If on the other hand you are for MSC, Then the most important question is; Have you gotten a potential supervisor? If it is stated on their website that you must get one, please do, because they wont even consider your application unless you have a professor willing to supervise you. With a supervisor and the other docs mentioned earlier, you should be good.
Thanks bro. I'm applying for M. Eng.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 11, 2015
kdf3449:
Hello House,

Pls i just rounded up my OND and i will like to further my education in Canada and am looking at September section. Please i need link for approved institutions in Toronto with a reasonable school fees. What time do i need to start my application since am going for September session?

Thanks
google : mun.ca.
you can start application at anytime.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 6:50am On Mar 11, 2015
tnuola:

Hello,
In as much as you feel that there was no iota of insult in your statement, I think its just best you apologise and move on, cuz when more than one person points something out, then you've got to adjust.

My 2cents
tnuola ghen ghen..the boy will reply you with insult now.. you can't advise someone that knows too much..let us all ignore and learn from the baba of the thread, seems he's too learned grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 7:14am On Mar 11, 2015
toecyne:

when did you apply?
FEB 6th paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 11, 2015
Team12:
I stated my area of Research Interest and also named a Supervisor I would love to work with in my Statement of Intent/Purpose to Carleton Uni, U Manitoba and U Winnipeg(that's because I heard you need to customise your Statement of Intent/Purpose to suit the particular school and make them feel like a part of your thoughts, and not because I really was interested in that particular professor...lol). Anyway, U Ottawa did not request for a SOI/SOP so I did not specify area of Research in my application.

Who knows, maybe these schools did the background search for a Supervisor on my behalf without my knowledge...more so, there was no Supervisor stated in my letter of Acceptance...

I think it is more the fact that getting a supervisor isnt a requisite for admission for your course in those Universities.
For what its worth, Some schools take this approach too e.g Saskatchewan and Regina..But sone wont even consider your application unless you get a professor of interest..
Again, getting a Supervisor(But it does help to mention one in the SOP like you did) doesn't guarantee admission as you still have to produce a compelling SOP and Your recommendations must be top notch.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 11, 2015
donhuko:

Thanks bro. I'm applying for M. Eng.
You are Good then..
All the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2015
thanks Tnuola,
its no biggie to apologise...buh the confusing thing is to who? the guy asked a question from hasn't pointed out anything, even if he has there's none i know of.
should the apology go to the laywers and doctors paid to sue and check on behalf of their clients?
tnuola:

Hello,

My 2cents

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2015
if someone puts up a comment and opinion reasonably, you wont find me insulting anyone.
im not here to make jest, form like a boss, claim a veteran status on a social network or look down on anybody.

opsynusy:
tnuola ghen ghen..the boy will reply you with insult now.. you can't advise someone that knows too much..let us all ignore and learn from the baba of the thread, seems he's too learned grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2015
first class students sha....not everybody has a superb GP to chase a masters degree.
from research sef it shows 90percent of employers in canada are okay with an advance diploma certificate
na mostly foreigners dey go dere dey do d masters courses
Team12:
There are jobs in Canada...so You should be able to get one. The question is what kind of job do you expect with a Diploma

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loswhite(m): 8:50am On Mar 11, 2015
Snappyfingaz:
1st Application
Applied: 27th April
Biometrics: 9th May
Refused: 15th May
Reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, financial and personal assets and current employment situation.

Docs Submitted: Sponsor SOA (Salary Acct M30+, dorm account $120+k),
Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer. NO SOP.

2nd Application
Applied: 3rd October
Biometrics: 9th October
Med Call: 28th November
Med Done: 3rd December
Passport Request: 8th December.

Docs Submitted:

*Sponsor SOA for 6months (salary acct. 40+M, dorm acct $120+K)
*Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer
*My four months SOA (500+K)
*Letter of introduction and study leave letters from my employer
*SOP (clearly detailing why I chose to study in Canada and at the University of Regina and my plans to return to Naija upon graduation.

This is all. Note that none of my documents were notarized. If someone agrees to sponsor you and puts it in writing with his contact details clearly stated I see no reason for all that. Sponsor meanwhile is my maternal uncle with different surname. Thanks everyone. If any questions, I'll do well to answer them. May part 7 be better and sweeter than part 6. God bless everyone.
pls I will send you a pm cos I need your help I'm planning to apply this month ending or first week of April.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 8:57am On Mar 11, 2015
So I finally got my TRV last week and then subsequently renewed my passport (no tym). These were the docs submitted for the visa process.

My Docs:
Waec certificate,
BSc (Agriculture) certificate and transcripts
MSc (food safety) certificate and transcript (UK uni)
Birth certificate,
Certificate of origin
Letter of introduction showing reason for docs submitted
Up to date CV
Police character certificate
Aall CIC forms including study questionnaire
Letter of explanation showing reasons for choice of PhD program and canada
Intl passport and photocopies of UK visa page
Evidence of registration into MPhil(food science) prog in OAU ( this is to serve as proof of current activity)
Award certificate for best MSc project from the UK)

Uni of Regina docs:
Letter of acceptance showing 25,800 CAD funding for the first year.
Letter from my proposed supervisor showing continued funding at 21,000 CAD
Official fee schdeule for the uni.

Sponsor docs:
Certified copies of CAC docs, tax clearance and compliance with industrial requirements.
Bank acct statement ending with 25M
Notarised letter of sponsorship with sponsorship offered at 5m
Pics taken wt sponsor
Phtocopies of sponsors intl passport and visa pages.

Despite coming with a distinction masters from the UK, OAU only offered me an MPhil, I told God and I believed Him that Ife would never be my bus stop in life. After several email exchanges and skype meetings with my new supervisor, he offered me a PhD position in his lab and the rest is history. God is the Greatest!
My dream is to graduate with a PhD, get a postdoc and subsequently become a Professor in a Canadian uni. Guys, if your dreams and aspirations in life don't scare you, then they are not worth it, go for the impossible.
Cheers,
Yinka.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tweeny24: 9:34am On Mar 11, 2015
Can anyone pls help  with directions to VFS in Lekki from oshodi...urgently needed...thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by eneyi(f): 9:45am On Mar 11, 2015
following..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by eneyi(f): 9:49am On Mar 11, 2015
can someone pls help with list of universities that offers Business Economics/Analysis in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by chommi(f): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Team12:
There are jobs in Canada...so You should be able to get one. The question is what kind of job do you expect with a Diploma

This is my problem now. i really dunno if the level of degree will affect my job/ career prospects.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2015
Do some research, I'm sure you av access to google. Check www.aucc.ca

eneyi:
can someone pls help with list of universities that offers Business Economics/Analysis in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2015
If you have enough cash, take a cab. It will take you to your exact destination.

tweeny24:
Can anyone pls help  with directions to VFS in Lekki from oshodi...urgently needed...thanks in advance 
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2015
So I heard too from friends over dia. Most of the omo 'oni ile gangan' no dey read pass diploma...na we and other third world countries like india, china and co dey read dia book for them...hhehehehheehheheheheheh
hayqinsbFX:
first class students sha....not everybody has a superb GP to chase a masters degree.
from research sef it shows 90percent of employers in canada are okay with an advance diploma certificate
na mostly foreigners dey go dere dey do d masters courses
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by KELVIN086: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2015
hello house, pls i would be applying soon but i don't know which option to pick from between Msc electrical engineering and M.eng electrical engineering , i studied elect/elect
this decision has prevented me from completing my online application since like 4 weeks ago
case 1
Msc is research based and gives me the opportunity to start my Phd(which might even be fully funded) immediately after completion of the msc
but it is just too competitive and more difficult to get an admission than M.eng. I have a cgpa of 4.02/5.0 but i dont believe that is competitive enough to get the Msc admission since most research supervisors in canada only accept outstanding students because of the amount of applications they get.

case2
M.eng is just based on course work i.e the normal reading and writing of exams we did at bsc level. Getting an M.eng admission would be quite easy for me .
M.eng would not give me the opportunity to start a phd immediately i would still have to do that bloody msc before i can start a phd that would make it a total of 4 years shocked shocked shocked shocked before i can start a phd although i have age on my side(21 yrs old) but that does not not mean i should kill myself in the university.

another question i would like to ask from experienced msc and meng peeps in the house is if someone gets distinctions in his M.eng result can he be admitted for a Phd if he wishes considering his result.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2015
Congrats sir, I envy your funding oooooooo
checkyink:
So I finally got my TRV last week and then subsequently renewed my passport (no tym). These were the docs submitted for the visa process.

My Docs:
Waec certificate,
Birth certificate,
Certificate of origin
Up to date CV
Evidence of registration into MPhil(food science) prog in OAU ( this is to serve as proof of current activity)

Uni of Regina docs:

Sponsor docs:
Certified copies of CAC docs, tax clearance and compliance with industrial requirements.
Pics taken wt sponsor

Despite coming with a distinction masters from the UK, OAU only offered me an MPhil, I told God and I believed Him that Ife would never be my bus stop in life. After several email exchanges and skype meetings with my new supervisor, he offered me a PhD position in his lab and the rest is history. God is the Greatest!
My dream is to graduate with a PhD, get a postdoc and subsequently become a Professor in a Canadian uni. Guys, if your dreams and aspirations in life don't scare you, then they are not worth it, go for the impossible.
Cheers,
Yinka.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2015
i really tap into your testimony...the sky is just the beginning.
checkyink:

My Docs:
Waec certificate,
Birth certificate,
Certificate of origin
Up to date CV

Uni of Regina docs:

Sponsor docs:
Pics taken wt sponsor

Cheers,
Yinka.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2015
yes o my broda....
when you look at the names of the program chairs and deans they indians and all dese countries plenty there..
Jengbetiele:
So I heard too from friends over dia. Most of the omo 'oni ile gangan' no dey read pass diploma...na we and other third world countries like india, china and co dey read dia book for them...hhehehehheehheheheheheh

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2015
tweeny24:
Oshodi-CMS-Lekki/Ajah.. Stop at 3rd roundabout (Admiral ayinla way).. Cross to d other side and ask for VFS office.. About 2mins walk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2015
HIS favour is assured your soonest (amen). Keep up the good work. Cheers always
opsynusy:
Tnuola I see you..lol.... see me see chilling pills lmao...pass me warm water abeg

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2015
checkyink:

My Docs:
Waec certificate,
Birth certificate,
Certificate of origin
Up to date CV

Uni of Regina docs:

Sponsor docs:
Pics taken wt sponsor

Cheers,
Yinka.

Bros that Funding package ehn..
It allows you to just focus on your research since it is enough to cover tuition and miscellaneous expenses.
As per the Dream, Well those are lofty ones you have there..I share that dream too and hope it helps motivate someone here to never give up.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2015
Congrats checkyink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2015
It is difficult but not impossible getting a PhD position with an MEng, the problrm is research experience which the MEng does not offer thus, most supervisors would be wary to take in an MEng holder into his lab for PhD studies. An MEng with distinction will help tho your PhD program will be longer coz your first year will involve taking MSc level courses.

KELVIN086:
hello house, pls i would be applying soon but i don't know which option to pick from between Msc electrical engineering and M.eng electrical engineering , i studied elect/elect
this decision has prevented me from completing my online application since like 4 weeks ago
case 1
Msc is research based and gives me the opportunity to start my Phd(which might even be fully funded) immediately after completion of the msc
but it is just too competitive and more difficult to get an admission than M.eng. I have a cgpa of 4.02/5.0 but i dont believe that is competitive enough to get the Msc admission since most research supervisors in canada only accept outstanding students because of the amount of applications they get.

case2
M.eng is just based on course work i.e the normal reading and writing of exams we did at bsc level. Getting an M.eng admission would be quite easy for me .
M.eng would not give me the opportunity to start a phd immediately i would still have to do that bloody msc before i can start a phd that would make it a total of 4 years shocked shocked shocked shocked before i can start a phd although i have age on my side(21 yrs old) but that does not not mean i should kill myself in the university.

another question i would like to ask from experienced msc and meng peeps in the house is if someone gets distinctions in his M.eng result can he be admitted for a Phd if he wishes considering his result.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2015
This is my 5th week after submission and haven't heard anytin from this people. sad
make person no go get heart attack before TRV come ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2015
soji0509:
HIS favour is assured your soonest (amen). Keep up the good work. Cheers always
Awwwwww Amen thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.