Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,535 members, 7,770,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:18 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1159197 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (508) (Go Down)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
Welcome to part 3 of this thread, Like the Phoenix, Part 2 must go down for part 3 to be born (Although the info in Parts 1 and 2 remain priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.Part 2 was wonderful. Lots of lovely people offering great advice. Each in their own unique style. You guys rock!!! You know yourselves.

For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

See part 2 here for reference https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For documents : http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

I'm grateful to God that I am alive to create this new part. And for the several friends I have made hereon.

Thank you.
Humbly
LadyGuinivere

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shakswealth(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
wow, I'm here cool. Yankee all the way

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bless the name of the Lord and His power to give us another opportunity to see this day and find a new part by our forever superlative and dynamic LadyG...
I also thank the big Boss, @justwise for complete trust.
I also thank you all, my new friends I made, also use this medium to plead forgiveness if I offended anyone in the past thread.... It can only be cos am human, and to err is natural
Finally, I thank you LadyG for the opportunity you gave me to be HERE

LadyGuinivere:
Welcome to part 3 of this thread, Like the Phoenix, Part 2 must go down for part 3 to be born (Although the info in Parts 1 and 2 remain priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.Part 2 was wonderful. Lots of lovely people offering great advice. Each in their own unique style. You guys rock!!! You know yourselves.

For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

See part 2 here for reference https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

I'm grateful to God that I am alive to create this new part. And for the several friends I have made hereon.

Thank you.
Humbly
LadyGuinivere
Gracias

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Sebastine1606:
Bless the name of the Lord and His power to give us another opportunity to see this day and find a new part by our forever superlative and dynamic LadyG...
I also thank the big Boss, @justwise for complete trust.
I also thank you all, my new friends I made, also use this medium to plead forgiveness if I offended anyone in the past thread.... It can only be cos am human, and to err is natural
Finally, I thank you LadyG for the opportunity you gave me to be HERE

Gracias
Nwanne it is only Adonai that has given us all the grace and opportunity to be here. All glory to him.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello all,thanks so much lady G you have been doing a great job.I just book my appointment today and the next available date is 18th of December and my intended date of travel is 20th of December and I have already submitted the ds-160 form and I have booked the appointment,hope that would not have any effect on my application.pls friends help out.@Lady G in need your advise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
Thank u ma
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
oludharey:
Hello all,thanks so much lady G you have been doing a great job.I just book my appointment today and the next available date is 18th of December and my intended date of travel is 20th of December and I have already submitted the ds-160 form and I have booked the appointment,hope that would not have any effect on my application.pls friends help out.@Lady G in need your advise.
Truly I can't say. Rather I'll ask u., if the vo asks you how you plan to travel vis a vis the short time frame, what will your answer be? You are the one that will appear before the vo. So the question you asked isn't what you should ask.
Rather , ask yourself " how will I justify being given a visa just two days to my travel date? "

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Wow part 3! I am happy to be a member of this great forum, a forum that helped us ( i and my hubby) to successfully get our Visa. When I was reading part 1&2 I was just thinking on how we can successfully apply, pass through the interview and finally get our visa without the use of an agent but Lo and behold we gat it after devoting like 3month to this great forum. I will suggest the intending applicants to devote their time to this forum expecially part 1&2 so that they can be equipped with bountiful information as regards US application. Thanks to those who have been so committed to this great forum who have tirelessly and effortlessly supply us info we really need. Eseun, Daalu, Nagode, sonsohan (calabar pple make una help me for correct spelling) merci boocu (not sure) and finally Thank you

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by borryworld: 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
I am buying a plot on this page. It was fun taking part in the last part.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
oludharey:
Two days to travel, your passport will still be with the embassy, if it's conference, it's gonna be very funny, 3xpecially when the date is near, for vacation, you may need to ask yourself how to convince the VO on how to make the travel plans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Its a family vacation,travel plans has been made already,hotel has been booked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 12:07am On Oct 15, 2017
Part 3..i don sign in!

Part 2 was rich and informative. I remember the tensed moment at the midday of the thread when the issue of using God to back up lies
came up. It was a battle against agents of misrepresentation that invaded the house. But we stood our ground.

Welldone @LadyGuinivere and every other great minds...

I pray part 3 will witness more successful visa transcripts for genuine visitors.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Izzystevens: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2017
If you are going for a conference then it can be expedited, you would be given an early date to accommodate your travel plans. I had the same case.

oludharey:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donaltus: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2017
Am happy to be here

I thank God for my own testimony in part 2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DoNotBeAfraid: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2017
My interview and testimony coming very soon,

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ajakayekoke(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2017
CooL
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osama10(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2017
Bookmarked. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by prettyynx(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2017
Male
No travel experience
A caterer that barely earns 150k a month
Single

Any logical chance of him getting a tourist visa ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 15, 2017
One other place you can go to watch video of US Consular Officers discussing common questions about Non-Immigrant visas is on our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/usembassynigeria/videos/?ref=page_internal

We have several videos up on that page, recorded from prior facebook live broadcasts. The most recent video is from our 11October facebook live.

Regards,

LagosNIV

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mbamto: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2017
LagosNIV:
One other place you can go to watch video of US Consular Officers discussing common questions about Non-Immigrant visas is on our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/usembassynigeria/videos/?ref=page_internal

We have several videos up on that page, recorded from prior facebook live broadcasts. The most recent video is from our 11October facebook live.

Regards,

LagosNIV

Thank you.

LadyGuinivere and Justwise, Thank you for this new thread!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bvc(m): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
LadyGuinivere and all the kind contributors please advice. My wife and I plan to have our babies(twins) in the US due in may 2018, we got married in this year so our passports bare single status. For our honeymoon we traveled to Dubai (our only travel experience ). I run a training agency, while my wife works in a bank.

We are told that we can either apply now for Christmas vacation, make the travel before the end of December. And then travel with the same visa in may for delivering.
Or
Apply for medical visa, providing proof of contact with a doctor(which we don't have) and wait till may to travel.

Please which is better? Traveling in December is not very convenient, but if its a better option we can take it.
If the medical visa is better, please can anyone help us with doctors and requirements we should have handy while applying.

We have family in Houston Texas, should we ask for invitation and if yes, what should be the format?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
You apply for visiting visa - B1/B2. She applies for a birthing visa - B2. There's a more relevant forum on how to go about the birthing visa.

bvc:
LadyGuinivere and all the kind contributors please advice. My wife and I plan to have our babies(twins) in the US due in may 2018, we got married in this year so our passports bare single status. For our honeymoon we traveled to Dubai (our only travel experience ). I run a training agency, while my wife works in a bank.

We are told that we can either apply now for Christmas vacation, make the travel before the end of December. And then travel with the same visa in may for delivering.
Or
Apply for medical visa, providing proof of contact with a doctor(which we don't have) and wait till may to travel.

Please which is better? Traveling in December is not very convenient, but if its a better option we can take it.
If the medical visa is better, please can anyone help us with doctors and requirements we should have handy while applying.

We have family in Houston Texas, should we ask for invitation and if yes, what should be the format?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
No, he won't get the visa.

prettyynx:
Male
No travel experience
Single

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
@bvc
In answering you I'll ask you to reason with me
1. It is logical that a pregnant lady will use her visa for birthing. The options you have are to deny being pregnant, ergo misrepresentation ergo risk being refused entry. Or if you admit to being pregnant, you will be refused on the correct assumption that you want to birth in the US without showing proof of capability.

2. Peraventure, you manage to get the visa, travel and return or tell the Usual story of not being able to make it, then get to poe and are asked why you didn't declare? That wash wash no De werk again. Nigerians have abused it.

What is worth doing is worth doing the right way. Have a clean record. Apply for what you are going for. Just take 50 naira Keke to the birthing thread and learn.
Happy researching

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DereI(f): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2017
oludharey:

Fill a new DS-160 form stating your new date of travel. Then edit the application number on the appointment booking platform and print out your new appointment confirmation page.

I hope this helps

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DereI(f): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
oludharey:
Its a family vacation,travel plans has been made already,hotel has been booked.

Hotel booking date can be changed. Just call the hotel and inform them or change it on their website.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DereI(f): 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
bvc:

Or

Thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/2655925/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
Guys today is my Birthday. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
prettyynx:
Male
No travel experience
Single

That's the more reason why you need to sacrifice your time to read through this forum from part 1&2 to be more equipped about visa application process. The truth of the matter is no one knows your chances but reading through this great forum will definitely help you. There are cases where someone like same status as you have been granted visa while some with more ties like travelling experience, fat salary, family etc were not granted so do yourself a favour to read through.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IFY200: 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
seyewest:

happy birthday Sir

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IFY200: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
@LadyGuinivere :

Thank you Ma for your tremendous help ...God bless you Ma
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
No wonder Ozil didn't make it up for you guys yesterday to celebrate today.

Happy birthday seyewest.....

seyewest:

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.